There are Witches in Logan.
constantine

Paintsville, KY

#45 Jan 1, 2010
Angel Mist wrote:
<quoted text>orgies......ORGIES...L MAO...Count me in... And YOU PRETEND TO ACT CHRISTIAN and I said ACT not ARE...
Howdy Cabin whats up... Been a while My Friend...
; )
BRIGHTEST BLESSINGS
Well, I don't personally know you Angel Mist but I am not a bible thumper. I was raised in church and just hate satan worshippers. You are nothing but a freak of nature who thinks the little wolf at the campfire can guide you. Lay off the peyote a while and quit spreading STD's drughead. I hope Cabin Fever hasn't caught anything yet.
DrPepper

Chapmanville, WV

#46 Jan 1, 2010
constantine wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong. Read the Word of Jesus Christ.
The Old Testament contains 39 books written from approximately 1500 to 400 BC, and the New Testament contains 27 books written from approximately 40 to 90 AD. The Jewish Bible is the same as the Christian Old Testament, except for its book arrangement. The original Old Testament was written mainly in Hebrew, with some Aramaic, while the original New Testament was written in common Greek.
The history of the "Bible" begins with the Jewish Scriptures. The historical record of the Jews was written down on leather scrolls and tablets over centuries, and the authors included kings, shepherds, prophets and other leaders. The first five books are called the Law, which were written and/or edited primarily by Moses in the early 1400's BC. Thereafter, other scriptural texts were written and collected by the Jewish people during the next 1,000 years. About 450 BC, the Law and the other Jewish Scriptures were arranged by councils of rabbis who then recognized the complete set as the inspired and sacred authority of God.
Beginning about 250 BC, the Hebrew Bible was translated into Greek by Jewish scholars in Alexandria, Egypt.
Although the Jewish Scriptures were copied by hand, they were extremely accurate copy to copy. The Jews had a phenomenal system of scribes, who developed intricate and ritualistic methods for counting letters, words and paragraphs to insure that no copying errors were made. These scribes dedicated their entire lives to preserving the accuracy of the holy books. In fact, Jewish scribal tradition was maintained until the invention of the printing press in the mid-1400's AD.
After approximately 400 years of scriptural silence, Jesus arrived in about 4 BC. Throughout his teaching, Jesus often quotes the Old Testament, declaring that he did not come to destroy the Jewish Scriptures, but to fulfill them. In the Book of Luke, Jesus proclaims to his disciples, "all things must be fulfilled which were written in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms concerning Me."
Starting in about 40 AD, and continuing to about 90 AD, the eye-witnesses to the life of Jesus, including Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Paul, James, Peter and Jude, wrote the Gospels, letters and books that became the Bible's New Testament. These authors quote from 31 books of the Old Testament, and widely circulate their material so that by about 150 AD, early Christians were referring to the entire set of writings as the "New Covenant." During the 200s AD, the original writings were translated from Greek into Latin, Coptic and Syriac, and widely disseminated as "inspired scripture" throughout the Roman Empire. In 397 AD, in an effort to protect the scriptures from various heresies and offshoot religious movements, the current 27 books of the New Testament were formally and finally confirmed and "canonized" in the Synod of Carthage.
The Bible has been translated from its original languages, but it has not been changed. Translations such as the "King James Version" are derived from existing copies of ancient manuscripts -- the Hebrew Masoretic Text (Old Testament) and the Greek Textus Receptus (New Testament).
Today's Bibles are not translations of texts translated from other interpretations - they go right back to the ancient source manuscripts. This is no different than any other book we read in English that was translated from a different source language.
the bible is a nice book. but its all a group of stories in which every religion has similar stories. i'm not going to discuss theology. i'm just saying, you have to believe in something to worship something. you can't worship what you don't believe to exist.
DrPepper

Chapmanville, WV

#47 Jan 1, 2010
constantine wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I don't personally know you Angel Mist but I am not a bible thumper. I was raised in church and just hate satan worshippers. You are nothing but a freak of nature who thinks the little wolf at the campfire can guide you. Lay off the peyote a while and quit spreading STD's drughead. I hope Cabin Fever hasn't caught anything yet.
and if you were raised in any kind of good christian church, you were not raised to hate "satan worshipers", or anyone else. you were taught, if you truely followed what your Jesus tried to teach, to love everyone, regardless as to what you percieve them to be, for they are all your brother or sister, and all made in God's image. You were taught to pray for them and their souls.
This is the problem with you crazy fanatic christians. you embrace hatred of what you fear and don't understand.

“I SEE ALL AND I SEE YOU ”

Level 2

Since: May 09

Every Where

#48 Jan 1, 2010
constantine wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you got one thing right... You don't know me, because if you did you would really like me... And I don't do drugs and I don't worship Satan... FYI... I belive in the same God as You only difference is I have a GIFT that you will never obtain... HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!

; {

BRIGHTEST BLESSINGS
constantine

Paintsville, KY

#49 Jan 1, 2010
DrPepper wrote:
<quoted text>
and if you were raised in any kind of good christian church, you were not raised to hate "satan worshipers", or anyone else. you were taught, if you truely followed what your Jesus tried to teach, to love everyone, regardless as to what you percieve them to be, for they are all your brother or sister, and all made in God's image. You were taught to pray for them and their souls.
This is the problem with you crazy fanatic christians. you embrace hatred of what you fear and don't understand.
Your definately not drinking Dr. Pepper if you think that. Jesus does say to hate evil. Satan is not your brother or sister, he is your enemy.
constantine

Paintsville, KY

#50 Jan 1, 2010
Angel Mist wrote:
<quoted text>Well you got one thing right... You don't know me, because if you did you would really like me... And I don't do drugs and I don't worship Satan... FYI... I belive in the same God as You only difference is I have a GIFT that you will never obtain... HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!
; {
BRIGHTEST BLESSINGS
WRONG! I don't like wiccans, they do not worship the one true God. The only gift you have were the presents you opened on Christmas, which were probably candles.
constantine

Paintsville, KY

#51 Jan 1, 2010
PreacherBoy wrote:
<quoted text>The ignorance of some people never suprises me.
That was a good choice for your name, boy. A real preacherman would stand up and not be scared of these little girls.
confused

Peach Creek, WV

#52 Jan 1, 2010
I'm very interested in wiccan. I would like to talk to someone about the concept. I've tried other religions and find they are hypocritical. I love your idea of love and blessings for everyone. I need something to believe in.
1 post removed
constantine

Paintsville, KY

#54 Jan 1, 2010
Cabin- Fever wrote:
OK One Last Shot here: Matthew 9:10-13 : He sat at the dinner in the house. many tax collectors and sinners were sitting with him and his disciples. When the pharisees saw this they said to his disciples, "Why does your teacher sit with tax collectors and sinners? But when he heard this, he said, "Those who are well have no need for a physician, but those who are sick. Go and learn what this means, "I desire mercy not sacrifice' "For I have come to call not the righteous, but the sinners". Now what I think that is trying to say is if you think Angel is living a life of sin and damnation and that is what you have judged then well for your sake you better hope your right. Matthew 7:1-3 Do not judge so that you may not be judged. For with the judgement you make, you will be judged, and the measure you give will be the measure you get. I just dont think you are acting in an appropriate christian way, hence your not practicing what you are preaching. You are sinning while calling someone a sinner, see my point? If you think angel is wrong, then fine but if its christianity your trying to convert her to then atleast act like a christian, your just being hypocritical if you dont
You do got the wrong point. I will witness to sinners, but blashemy is pure evil and those are already condemned to hell. There is no hope for those. I tell murderers, rapists, druggies, ect. about Jesus Christ. Devil worshippers I hate and that is not judging. I am practicing what I preach, I hate evil and blasphemy and the bible instructs you to. You help the sinners, not the demons.
constantine

Paintsville, KY

#55 Jan 1, 2010
confused wrote:
I'm very interested in wiccan. I would like to talk to someone about the concept. I've tried other religions and find they are hypocritical. I love your idea of love and blessings for everyone. I need something to believe in.
Wiccan is not love and blessings, they lure you in with their smooth talk and then you find out the truth when it's too late. Take off the rose colored glasses, no religion is all sunshine and flowers, including christianity. If you're really confused, then read the bible for yourself. Don't go by the way others act or what others tell you but by what God will reveal to you in your heart.

Since: Dec 09

Charleston, WV

#56 Jan 1, 2010
Merry Meet!

I have to say that I am sorry that the ignorance from Man has sprewed over to your thread. I created a thread similar to this one hoping to interact with like minded individuals, or just those that would like to discuss things intelligently. Sadly, once Constantine saw the thread any hope for intelligent convo was over.

The thread that I started was "Are there any Wiccans in the area." After that the thread, "who hate Wiccans," was created, and my favorite was the one started by Constantine, "Are there any Christians in the area." This thread was started because noone was really biting when she tried to argue. In this thread, she is asking that Christians stand up against us and let me know that history will repeat itself. Oh, and the Church would be the one left standing.

Again, I am sorry that the ignorant of the Man area have located your thread and find it a hobby to insult. If you just ignore her, she will in time only be arguing with herself and leave.

Anyone that would like to talk sometime, feel free to email me directly at [email protected] I look forward to getting to know each of you. Have a wonderful night!
constantine

Paintsville, KY

#57 Jan 1, 2010
Belladonna wrote:
Speaking to any witches who would like to get together...I am a solitary practitioner and would enjoy meeting other like minded individuals.
Contact me here if you would like to email back and forth or possibly start a small group coven. Something good might come from Topix after all :)
Blessed be...
Where did the name Belladonna come from? I knew you wiccans were a bunch of little demonic sluts. And something good can come from it. If you're all together in one building and it collapses then that would be one more thing to be thankful for.
2 posts removed
jim-p

Chapmanville, WV

#60 Jan 2, 2010
You tell em cabin,and where the hell are the orgies? lmao
mamabear

Warwick, RI

#61 Jan 2, 2010
Cabin- Fever wrote:
OK One Last Shot here: Matthew 9:10-13 : He sat at the dinner in the house. many tax collectors and sinners were sitting with him and his disciples. When the pharisees saw this they said to his disciples, "Why does your teacher sit with tax collectors and sinners? But when he heard this, he said, "Those who are well have no need for a physician, but those who are sick. Go and learn what this means, "I desire mercy not sacrifice' "For I have come to call not the righteous, but the sinners". Now what I think that is trying to say is if you think Angel is living a life of sin and damnation and that is what you have judged then well for your sake you better hope your right. Matthew 7:1-3 Do not judge so that you may not be judged. For with the judgement you make, you will be judged, and the measure you give will be the measure you get. I just dont think you are acting in an appropriate christian way, hence your not practicing what you are preaching. You are sinning while calling someone a sinner, see my point? If you think angel is wrong, then fine but if its christianity your trying to convert her to then atleast act like a christian, your just being hypocritical if you dont
I agree. You attract with honey...not vinegar. Attacking someone because you think they are wrong will not be a good witness. And everyone is a sinner. Nobody is righteous...including me. Even though I believe that Jesus has made a sacrifice to cover my sins in the sight of God doesn't mean that I am perfect and can point out the sins of everyone else.

“I'll think about it.”

Level 4

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#62 Jan 2, 2010
Sin?
There seems to be 2 distinct kinds of it.

(1)To "sin" against other people. In other words, behave in a manner that is counter-productive to a society. This really has nothing to do with a deity. It is in the realm of morals and ethics...neither of which requires a religious belief.

(2)To "sin" against the Christian "god." In other words, by embracing rational thinking and logic, to disrespect
the words in an old Jewish book.

By either definition, "sin" is Self Inflected Nonsense.

And to suggest that the death of one person can remove another's responsibility for their actions?
That is just ridiculous.

mamabear

Warwick, RI

#63 Jan 2, 2010
You are entitled to not believe God's Word, aka the Bible, just as much as I am to believe it. But the way you are speaking to me is the same way the lady is speaking to you that I'm sure you don't like. I may think that your beliefs are just as ridiculous as you think mine are but I am not attacking you for it. Please don't attack me.

“Chummin' for Tards”

Since: Oct 09

Everywhere!

#64 Jan 2, 2010
A salaama lakum. Infidels!
logan woman

United States

#65 Jan 2, 2010
how do i get started...where do i begin
just me

Prestonsburg, KY

#66 Jan 2, 2010
Thinks alot of people will be surprised come judgement day or when the rapture comes which ever comes first.
PreacherBoy

Charleston, WV

#67 Jan 2, 2010
everyone should convert to apostafarianism, or belief in the FSM its the only religion that makes since.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Logan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wildcat Boys Basketball 19 min Net zero 116
Did anyone hear what Amy Runyon did? (Oct '10) 4 hr Jessica Hensley 21
Wolves in Logan? (Apr '13) 4 hr kittycat 33
shooting at hospital 7 hr alittlelate 16
Chris Stratton beat his mom and sister! (Jul '12) 8 hr Too funny 37
Shaun Adkins Returns!! 10 hr C Mike Rack 7
thieves steal $10,000 merchandise 11 hr sandy 1

Logan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance