Comments
1 - 20 of 48 Comments Last updated Aug 28, 2012
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
WHY

Franklin, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jun 29, 2008
 

Judged:

1

can anyone tell me why there are people that steal from folks set up at the Omar flea-market? I have a friend that has started selling there this year and he travels about 70 miles every weekend to sell there and this past weekend he was robbed blind!!! not money but USED stuff,can you believe this? people dont seem to realize that this is some peoples only way to support themselves and a lot of the time they still owe for the stuff they are trying to sell,like my friend,now he has to pay for the stuff stolen and has lost money out of his pocket,I think this is a shame!!!! what do you all think? please post
wv gal

Kinston, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jun 29, 2008
 
WHY wrote:
can anyone tell me why there are people that steal from folks set up at the Omar flea-market? I have a friend that has started selling there this year and he travels about 70 miles every weekend to sell there and this past weekend he was robbed blind!!! not money but USED stuff,can you believe this? people dont seem to realize that this is some peoples only way to support themselves and a lot of the time they still owe for the stuff they are trying to sell,like my friend,now he has to pay for the stuff stolen and has lost money out of his pocket,I think this is a shame!!!! what do you all think? please post
Just wondering where your friend was to be stolen blind? And if it was a lot off "stuff" surely to goodness someone there would have seen it going on. Maybe check other flea markets and see if his "stuff" shows up there, but probably nothing can be done about it. Yes, it's a shame how some steal from others.
Think About It

Kinston, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jun 29, 2008
 

Judged:

1

"can anyone tell me why there are people that steal from folks set up at the Omar flea-market?" To be honest... probably to get stuff without paying for it
WHY

Franklin, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jun 29, 2008
 
wv gal wrote:
<quoted text>
Just wondering where your friend was to be stolen blind? And if it was a lot off "stuff" surely to goodness someone there would have seen it going on. Maybe check other flea markets and see if his "stuff" shows up there, but probably nothing can be done about it. Yes, it's a shame how some steal from others.
he said that he was looking at some stuff someoneone was trying to get rid of before they left streight across from him,and that maybe thats when the stuff was stolen, he does have a rather large setup tho its hard to keep up with a lot when you are busy helping customers, it was'nt a whole lot of stuff just $15.00 to $20.00 priced items a total of about $150.00, this is so sad,if people only knew how much that man works on his stuff to sell and how friendly he is, they wouldnt even think of doing something like this,its a real shame!!!

“Jesco is my baby daddy”

Since: May 08

Boone County

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jun 29, 2008
 

Judged:

1

well there is one girl up there every weekend selling, that got caught there stealing and was taken to jail and she is still there every weekend still selling like nothing happened...i honestly think that they should do away with it...its a safety issue on RT. 44.....people pulling in and out of there without looking or going around that big curve trying to drive shop....someone is gonna end up getting killed in that area...and its an eye sore, people pull in there on thurs and stay the night in their vehicles until sunday evening, where do they use the bathroom or shower or change clothes....just nasty ....
WHY

Franklin, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jun 29, 2008
 
Logan Girl Forever wrote:
well there is one girl up there every weekend selling, that got caught there stealing and was taken to jail and she is still there every weekend still selling like nothing happened...i honestly think that they should do away with it...its a safety issue on RT. 44.....people pulling in and out of there without looking or going around that big curve trying to drive shop....someone is gonna end up getting killed in that area...and its an eye sore, people pull in there on thurs and stay the night in their vehicles until sunday evening, where do they use the bathroom or shower or change clothes....just nasty ....
well I have herd about that girl you are talking about,however I dont know enough about the story to comment, however I do know that the people that stay there take turns with there helpers,they can go home for a shower or what ever,most of the time someone stays all day and sells and someone comes and relieves them and stays the night,and as far as the rest room goes, there is a pizza hut across the street that welcomes the sellers to use there restroom after all they bring the pizza hut a lot of business as well,and for the regulars there, most of them have furnished themselves a way to use the restroom and in a sanitary manor,as far as someone getting killed,I dont think that will ever happen, seems like most of the folks that drive thru there on the weekends are aware of people pulling in and out, and also why do you say its an eye sore? I have not witnessed any trash or anything left there after the week end is over.

“Jesco is my baby daddy”

Since: May 08

Boone County

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jun 29, 2008
 

Judged:

2

1

1

well im glad to hear that they are clean....but yes there will be an accident there, kids running everywhere.....just wait....and as for eyesore, when WV tumbleweed (walmart bags) are floating across the parking lot and hanging in the trees....its an eyesore.....and chucking there junk over the hill to fill up the ditch....thats also an eyesore....i just wish they would go back to yuma camp away from the road, and maybe somebody will buy ames old lot and do something with it.
WHY

Franklin, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jun 30, 2008
 
Logan Girl Forever wrote:
well im glad to hear that they are clean....but yes there will be an accident there, kids running everywhere.....just wait....and as for eyesore, when WV tumbleweed (walmart bags) are floating across the parking lot and hanging in the trees....its an eyesore.....and chucking there junk over the hill to fill up the ditch....thats also an eyesore....i just wish they would go back to yuma camp away from the road, and maybe somebody will buy ames old lot and do something with it.
well I must admit I really have not paid much attention to the bags ect that you have talked about, however I have noticed a few there picking up trash when they get ready to leave,and as far as trash in the ditch....I dont know what ditch you are talking about,behind the lot there is a large field,and if you pay attention, there is a huge dumpster there behind the lot that some of the sellers use but, I have noticed most of them putting there trash in there cars when they get ready to go home,

Since: May 08

Clovis, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jun 30, 2008
 
not to be a bother but the "monitor mall" is not located in omar it is located in monitor wv. not all peeps there are scumbags but there are a bunch. i also know the extremely large female who was stealing from others who were trying to make a buck.
Phoebe

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jul 1, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

Why would anyone drive 70 miles, at more than $4.00/ gallon for gas to sell junk at a flea market???????? How can they possibly be making a profit? Depending on their vehicle, that's like $40-50 dollars round trip just for gas.
WHY

Franklin, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jul 1, 2008
 

Judged:

1

Phoebe wrote:
Why would anyone drive 70 miles, at more than $4.00/ gallon for gas to sell junk at a flea market???????? How can they possibly be making a profit? Depending on their vehicle, that's like $40-50 dollars round trip just for gas.
well Im not going to disclose any of his personal information but the gas does run into money round trip.....at least $65.00 however the market there is verry,verry well there on the weekends,he has a little bit of everything for everyone,junk, antiques,pictures, home interior, toys,jewelry ect, so he does well most of the time, and before anyone says anything.....yes he does pay taxes and keeps verry detailed books,I know becouse I do his taxes for him every year,you may not think so but the junk business is a legit and profitable business,
Glamour Girl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jul 1, 2008
 

Judged:

1

i like that place up there! the woman who sits right next to the road selling knock off purses is a sweetheart, and the purses are great! i think that flea market does make good money becuz everybody and their cousin's sister's husband goes there.

“Jesco is my baby daddy”

Since: May 08

Boone County

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jul 7, 2008
 

Judged:

2

1

1

just watch the big girl on the other end selling tarts....you will buy 5 bucks worth of tarts and she will steal 100 bucks off of you while you stand there.....shes stolen cell phones, wallets you name it.....it just cracks me up because she has no shame...she sales every weekend....lol
wondering

Franklin, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jul 7, 2008
 
Logan Girl Forever wrote:
just watch the big girl on the other end selling tarts....you will buy 5 bucks worth of tarts and she will steal 100 bucks off of you while you stand there.....shes stolen cell phones, wallets you name it.....it just cracks me up because she has no shame...she sales every weekend....lol
I know who you are talking about, she looks so sweet and has a nice personality about her, I have herd others talk about her like this as well,Im just wondering how she can get by with this? do they not press charges or what? and how can she steal a wallet ect with out you knowing it?

“Jesco is my baby daddy”

Since: May 08

Boone County

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jul 8, 2008
 
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>I know who you are talking about, she looks so sweet and has a nice personality about her, I have herd others talk about her like this as well,Im just wondering how she can get by with this? do they not press charges or what? and how can she steal a wallet ect with out you knowing it?
unsure how she steals from everyone....but i know that once she got arrested on the spot...went to jail...but not sure whatever came of it.....i know 2 seperate occasions, she took a cell phone and then a wallet right out of their purse.....not sure if they set it down or what....
Saved

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jul 24, 2008
 

Judged:

1

The girl stealing was arrested for stealing a ladies cell phone. I know because I was there. The lady who sells the purses, her daughter is the one who had her cell phone stolen, she used her moms cell phone to call her cell phone company, then called the police. The daughter went to the girl and asked for her cell phone but the thief denied it. The cops came and the thief got nervous then, cops checked her purse and was planning on taking her to her house to look, when the cop went to talk to the girl whose phone was stolen, the thief took the phone from her bra, and said she found it in her purse...they cuffed her and took her to jail. I was glad to see her get her phone back, they are good christian people, her mom who sells the purses is a sweetie too, she's been selling there for as long as I can remember, I remember them at the Yuma Flea market also. I won't buy purses from the other folks, one lady actually tells you they are real, but the lady who sets up at the sign won't lie about it. But the woman who stole the phone and off of others sets next to the tree and sells tarts.
Saved

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jul 24, 2008
 
As far as trash etc, and it being an eye sore, some folks do leave their trash, the lady who sells the purses next to the road, I've seen them take bags across the bottom and pick trash up, some folks are lazy. We go almost every weekend, we look forward to it, and thats how some folks make their extra money or even a living. I've found alot of good deals, found some aeropostale jeans and american eagle off a little old lady who sets up next to the purse lady, she's got some nice stuff too. I remember them talking about someone supposed to have bought that place recently, but its in a flood zone and no one can do anything with it now, so thats why it hasnt sold. If someone would lease that and run it right, all that to the back could be used as parking, but I know a gas company is leasing it now, but they will be gone soon, thats what they said last weekend. I'll be there this weekend too...I always go to see what deals I can get....
niffer

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jul 24, 2008
 

Judged:

1

that big girl has stold from everyone in logan, chapmansville,stollings pharmacy,and from her own brother, who is a good man and he is pressing charges on her, she found guilty once from bro. already, this girl inil. t.f. and she keeps old people and stills them blind there medicene and everything SAD SAD SAD SAD they need to lock up this thef.
ex friend of the family

Clovis, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jul 27, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

yeah tracy fleming has stolen off me for too many years and they do nothing about it and she says shes a christian, dont let her fool you.
joe

Clovis, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jul 30, 2008
 

Judged:

1

i like the flea mrket you never know what you will find

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

71 Users are viewing the Logan Forum right now

Search the Logan Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
WVOW whats their opinion 7 min Randy - chapmnvile 4
What happen to Debbie Vance 8 min Britt 6
dying town...logan 13 min harry k - ferrel... 14
Anyone know how Dave Nagy is doing? 17 min janedoehuh 1
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 38 min bacon hater 56,425
Commission Employee making a Deal 40 min maybe 11
Debate: Ferguson - Logan, WV 40 min Elmer 7
Logan County arrests 13 hr Sony23 5
prostitution 16 hr more money 47
•••
•••
•••
•••

Logan Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Logan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Logan News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Logan
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••