First Prev
of 3
Next Last
lets see

Kinston, NC

#1 Sep 22, 2008
hey, this site is always full of negative rumors and put downs, why not start a discussion about something good? Instead of talking about the worst in people, what about the good? Do u know anyone amazing, by this i mean by their genuine good will or the time they give to their children or the community? Or, someone who has overcome disadvantages or disability and gone on to great things? Come on Logan, I challenge you!!
1 post removed
truthteller

Charleston, WV

#3 Sep 22, 2008
How about the deputy sheriff's association? Last year they raised money and spent about 20,000.00 dollars for needy kids. I understand they are doing the same thing this year. On top of that, they gave away a scholarship at the three high schools for a CJ major but none of the applicants had the GPA to get it. Not to mention helping the area youth by supporting the various sports leagues. I know they are based on here a lot but they gave all that money to help kids! And I know for a fact they were at the shop with a deputy day last december. I saw them taking the kids around to get their stuff.
WVUGirl

Humble, TX

#4 Sep 22, 2008
Because unfortunately on this site, anytime you say something positive there is going to be someone that turns it into a negative.
Tessa01

United States

#5 Sep 22, 2008
i think Larry Rogers has done a great job with the omar crime watch, if in nothing else just looking after our elderly citizens. it helps them sleep a little eaiser.
my thoughts

Kinston, NC

#6 Sep 24, 2008
finally! a forum that isn't sickening with rumors and disgusting lies. There are good people in this town (believe it or not) and good intentions. It's alot easier to look for the bad than the good, that's what our problem is. Keep it going!!
Hearty

United States

#7 Sep 24, 2008
I was about to give up on reading anything positive on this forum. How about the Shriners and the helping hand they give to children? Great going to you who have posted here so far. Let's keep the mean, negative people off this thread by simply not even acknowledging them. Let's not even respond to negative posts here!
GO HERD

Charleston, WV

#8 Sep 24, 2008
If you really sit down and think about it, there are alot of really good people in Logan County. Unfortunately, bad news gets ratings and sells newspapers. Thank you, lets see, for starting something positive.
dugout

United States

#9 Sep 24, 2008
I think Justin Booth who works at the Kroger Pharmacy who has overcome physical disabilities to become one fine young man, wish they were more of this fellow. Justin graduated from WVU pharmacy school and took classes beyond what a regular pharmistist has to do. Great person!!!
listen up

Kinston, NC

#10 Sep 24, 2008
I have seen him, he is amazing. Becoming a pharmacist is hard enough, but he has had to work even harder and adapt physically, but is an example to us all!!
yup

Philadelphia, PA

#11 Sep 29, 2008
Yeah Justin's a great guy, known him for years. He's just a genuine nice guy.

Just to keep this going, I'm gonna mention Moss Burgess. He was one of my favorite teachers at LHS & he does lots of good for the community.
its all good

Rich Creek, VA

#12 Sep 29, 2008
Moss is a tree hugger that's against mining coal of any kind what a joke but i could agree with everything else
westly

United States

#13 Sep 29, 2008
well here we go
woot woot

Clovis, NM

#14 Sep 30, 2008
well i can tell you all theres good in everyone. because god dont make junk..people may have there bad days and we all do but theres always something in side of us that will say something or do something to touch someone heart. so people in logan county please be kinder to people because you have no idea what they are going throught and a few nice words of encouragement may do some good and maybe even touch you.. god bless all

“i'm me.. take it or leave it”

Since: Sep 08

logan

#15 Sep 30, 2008
woot woot wrote:
well i can tell you all theres good in everyone. because god dont make junk..people may have there bad days and we all do but theres always something in side of us that will say something or do something to touch someone heart. so people in logan county please be kinder to people because you have no idea what they are going throught and a few nice words of encouragement may do some good and maybe even touch you.. god bless all
I think big dewey Conn is an amazing person.. he has always done things for the Omar LL.. but what he has accomplished in the last couple of years for that league and field is amazing..the time he volunteers and the change he has made is remarkable...
yoyo

Clovis, NM

#16 Sep 30, 2008
i think dr charles woods is an amazing man.

and about big dewey is great but little dewey is another story.
lets see

Kinston, NC

#17 Oct 1, 2008
after not logging on to topix for a few days i can see that the negative river of cruelty and imaturity still flows thru logan and the surrounding areas!! come on, let's keep this discussion at the top of the forum list instead of buried at the bottom with the rest of the crap! It's not hard if u try! it's easier to say something nice than to make up lies!! U just have to get in the habit of doing so! I actually saw an act of kindness (or just plain decency) yesterday. There was an elderly woman pushing an extremely full cart to her car and was having a little trouble keeping hold of it and two teenage boys,(i'll say 16 or so) came over and helped her not only get her groceries to her car, but also helped her put them in the trunk. She was a little stunned but very grateful. They just waved and went inside like it was nothing......now that's something!!:)
guess who

United States

#18 Oct 1, 2008
Press Vance, the best man there is! Hands down

“i'm me.. take it or leave it”

Since: Sep 08

logan

#19 Oct 1, 2008
guess who wrote:
I totally agree.. he was a wonderful man
ATSANGELS

Nolensville, TN

#20 Oct 1, 2008
guess who wrote:
I totally agree with you. He has helped so many people.Just a wonderful human.
I aint gay

Union, WV

#21 Oct 4, 2008
I personally think Tara Bryant is the greatest person in the entire world.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Logan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chilly Falls 15 min Lisa 10
Carl Baisden at it again 1 hr College employee 4
Add a word OR drop a word (Mar '10) 1 hr Princess Hey 2,310
One Word Game (Feb '10) 1 hr Princess Hey 11,941
Bob Stidham For Mayor 3 hr Resident 64
Baby name, help me please! 5 hr Babyboy 3
DROP A Word AND ADD a word (Jan '10) 9 hr Analog man 11,279
Grimmett .........Finally! Jan 28 I know 141
Logan Dating
Find my Match