|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2011

Judged:

Jim Jones wrote:
<quoted text>I know you consider yourself to be somewhat intelligent as you go around on this forum from thread to thread posting as if your insight is accurate. Let's answer the questions you asked(thinking that you've somhowe proved me wrong)? First, to your statement about beliefs. At no point did I say people don't have a right to believe whatever they want so i'm not quite sure of the necessity to start the debate with that statement.Question number one, yes I know for a fact of two females,whom I know personally, and the boyfriends they live with and have discussed sex and sexual issue with all in an informal bar/nightclub setting.Now before there's a rebuttal to this, please don't tell me that it's abnormal for friends/acqaintances to talk about their sex lives.About question number two. Please admit that you're being facetious when you suggest that facebook christians are serving alcohol to patrons of a bar and then testifying to them about their sinful ways for consuming it?! baaaahaaaa...ok. Now onto the concert topic. Could you please read the first post again. I just state my opinion and clearly state i'm not religious. The scripture I quoted, and it was wrong i'm sure, was taken from one of those people's pages. That being said,why would you think I read the bible as you asked me does it state anywhere that a person could not enjoy good music? You were a little too quick to think you were proving me wrong before read and COMPREHENDED the first two posts. You know, your post started well. You had legitimate questions and attempted to prove valid points then look where it went. You had to resort to name calling....sigh. Why does questioning the validity of someone's statements that I know personally make me an ignorant coward? The fact that you resorted to name calling after taking the time to write what started as a lucid, coherent and fairly intelligent post tells me a few things about who you are and who you know.
So you're saying that just because someone is a christian, they can't work a legitimate job even though it requires them to do stuff that should be against their moral standards as a christian? Jobs that pay decent wages are not easy to find in the Tug Valley unless you are in the mining business, medical field, a railroader or working at the wood plant or for the state road. I didn't mention construction because most of those jobs go to union members from out of state. How many good christian grandmothers would be working at Wal-Mart, if it offended their morals to check out someone buying beer or wine? And why should someone who has a job serving alcohol to people take a chance of losing that job, by degrading the customers that the business depends on? I'm sure they would be in the unemployment line pretty quick, if they served their customers with a sarcastic " Here's your tequila sunrise, you know you're going to hell, you heathen" However they can tell the customer how their life has changed with God in their life and invite them to church.

Level 3

Since: May 10

Quackopolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2011

And even though you don't read the Bible does not mean that you haven't heard scriptures quoted throughout your life. And of all the couples in the Bible, I have never heard of there being any license required or any priests, reverends, judges or justices of the peace involved. Usually the groom would bring the bride's family some goats and sheep and maybe an ass or two and they were considered man and wife. It was only later when politicians and religous leaders discovered they could they could make people pay for the right to share their lives together. As for me calling you names, I did not say you were an ignorant coward, If you will read that part of my previous post again you will see the word Maybe, Which means there is a probability of this being a possibility or vice versa. As for me going from thread to thread posting my insight on various issues. I have posted on two threads since November of last year. (This one and the one in Williamson about the ripoff at the DQ)
Bingo

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2011

Judged:

Jim Jones wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry you feel that way Kevin. It's a personal issue with me. Some of these people say their going to pray for me and my family and have even suggested I join them in church but then I see and know of them doing things they say they're praying for me about and there are people on here defending that....I just don't understand.
you shouldn't let the actions of others keep you from salvation. no one is perfect, and man will fail you. if all you want is understanding of why they do it...well, I too would like that. I feel it is a false sense of security. everyone is not going to heaven and just because someone goes to church or carries a bible does not make them a Christian or saved, so you may not get the answer you are looking for other than to accept the fact it is between them n God...find your own way my friend...

Level 3

Since: May 10

Quackopolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2011

This is the first part of my reply which did not post, I guess the page went dead.

So you're saying that just because someone is a christian, they can't work a legitimate job even though it requires them to do stuff that should be against their moral standards as a christian? Jobs that pay decent wages are not easy to find in the Tug Valley unless you are in the mining business, medical field, a railroader or working at the wood plant or for the state road. I didn't mention construction because most of those jobs go to union members from out of state. How many good christian grandmothers would be working at Wal-Mart, if it offended their morals to check out someone buying beer or wine? And why should someone who has a job serving alcohol to people take a chance of losing that job, by degrading the customers that the business depends on? I'm sure they would be in the unemployment line pretty quick, if they served their customers with a sarcastic " Here's your tequila sunrise, you know you're going to hell, you heathen" However they can tell the customer how their life has changed with God in their life and invite them to church.

Level 10

Since: Nov 09

Smirk .. ;-)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2011

Jim Jones wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry you feel that way Kevin. It's a personal issue with me. Some of these people say their going to pray for me and my family and have even suggested I join them in church but then I see and know of them doing things they say they're praying for me about and there are people on here defending that....I just don't understand.
Jones, Christians aren't any different than you and I. No one is perfect. Everyone is on the same sucky boat.

According to the Bibles even God himself doesn't expect Christians to be perfect. It's do-able.

We as humans, all err. It's not what we do, but how we handle things when we do do wrong.

Level 10

Since: Nov 09

Smirk .. ;-)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2011

er it's not do-able.
christian

Hewett, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2011

Jim Jones.......Give it up.... you dont need to be on here. you are the stupidest person ivev ever heard! Its not your place to judge. we will all be judges one day...and not by you. maybe hell will teach you a lesson!
martina

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2011

I see where jims coming from I see in my news feed everyday people quoting a christian song or a bible verse and claim to be a Christian but coming from a strict chrisitan home my mom and dad did not allow what they called wordly things and the rock music was never allowed nor were our presence in bars I see it all the time on facebook they must have a different christian religion that I'm not aware of
Jim Jones

Tomahawk, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2011

Fyslexic Duck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're very frustrating. YOU ARE THE PERSON WHO SAID THEY COULD LEAD OR TEACH OTHERS A CHRISTIAN LIFESTYLE OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT WHILE AT THEIR JOB SERVING ALCOHOL NOT ME. I WAS WAS STATING THAT WHAT YOU SAID IS NONSENSE. MEANING THEY'RE NOT DOING WHAT YOU SAID. I DO NOT THINK THEY SHOULD BE CONDEMNING THOSE THEY SERVE ALCOHOL TO.NOW TO THE WAL-MART REFERENCE. DO YOU REALLY BELIEVE A CASHIER CHECKING SOMEONE OUT IS THE SAME AS WILLINGLY SERVING ALCOHOL? IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO OR ARE UNABLE TO UNDERSTRAND MY POSTS AND YOUR OWN PLEASE REFRAIN FROM POSTING ON THIS TOPIC.....JEEEZ
Jim Jones

Tomahawk, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2011

christian wrote:
Jim Jones.......Give it up.... you dont need to be on here. you are the stupidest person ivev ever heard! Its not your place to judge. we will all be judges one day...and not by you. maybe hell will teach you a lesson!
Is Martina stupid as well? What she said is exactly, to the t, my point. Thank you Martina. Again,for all of you that don't get it, I HAVE NOT JUDGED ANYONE...GOOD GRIEF
Jim Jones

Tomahawk, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2011

-Kevin- wrote:
<quoted text>
Jones, Christians aren't any different than you and I. No one is perfect. Everyone is on the same sucky boat.
According to the Bibles even God himself doesn't expect Christians to be perfect. It's do-able.
We as humans, all err. It's not what we do, but how we handle things when we do do wrong.
I understand. It's just difficult for me to grasp sometimes when these people want to pray for me.
memories

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2011

44 boy wrote:
steph deaner is one example. she loves jesus on one page then kicking someones ass on another.
Beth Bigley is the same way !! I just don't get her !
Jim Jones

Tomahawk, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2011

martina wrote:
I see where jims coming from I see in my news feed everyday people quoting a christian song or a bible verse and claim to be a Christian but coming from a strict chrisitan home my mom and dad did not allow what they called wordly things and the rock music was never allowed nor were our presence in bars I see it all the time on facebook they must have a different christian religion that I'm not aware of
Exactly.
wvman

Hewett, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2011

Judged:

Jim, just get off here and shut up! its none of your business what other people do.
o my

Saint Albans, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2011

Judged:

Jim Jones wrote:
One more thing 44 boy. Let's try and refrain from mentioning names because it makes some belive you have a bone to pick, so to speak, with that person and kind of takes away from the issue but I certainly appreciate you noticing what i'm talking about.
You have a middle shchool kid agreeing with you. I hope you feel better now. 44 Boy your mom is gonna get you again.
TAMMY FROM LOGAN

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2011

Judged:

Jesus people stop fighting ! Just have the thread re-moved ! If it's such a a waste of time why post? Including you Angie ! St Albans isp. Just stop it. Angie you dumb twit stop posting. Everybody knows you use many user names on Topix were not stupid as you think you ignortant woman. So just cut it out. Do not respond. Because if you do then you are showing your own ignorance and must not want it re-moved or see it as a problem. So how about you all just stfu?
TAMMY FROM LOGAN

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2011

Judged:

Jesus people stop fighting ! Just have the thread re-moved ! If it's such a a waste of time why post? Including you Angie ! St Albans isp. Just stop it. Angie you dumb twit stop posting. Everybody knows you use many user names on Topix were not stupid as you think you ignortant woman. So just cut it out. Do not respond. Because if you do then you are showing your own ignorance and must not want it re-moved or see it as a problem. So how about you all just stfu? Angie toler you belong on the c-villie forum. Or did you get kicked off for bullying a underage girl? I heard you been banned three times on there already for running your mouth about little girls. You are 50 some years old grow up !
Well

Kermit, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2011

Judged:

If you want to condemn 'venues that sale alcohol' you are going to have to quit going to quite a few places.

What is the difference in going to a concert or sporting event that serves alcohol than going to a restaurant that serves alcohol? You can rule out quite a few restaurants there.

If just being at a place that sales alcohol bothers you, you better quit shopping at Wal-Mart and most grocery stores.

Forget about stopping at a gas station because I don't know of one that doesn't sale alcohol.

You cannot pick and choose what is right and wrong.

If you speak out against those who go to concerts in which the venue serves alcohol you must speak out against those who buy gas at a gas station that sales alcohol.
Jim Jones

Tomahawk, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2011

Well wrote:
If you want to condemn 'venues that sale alcohol' you are going to have to quit going to quite a few places.
What is the difference in going to a concert or sporting event that serves alcohol than going to a restaurant that serves alcohol? You can rule out quite a few restaurants there.
If just being at a place that sales alcohol bothers you, you better quit shopping at Wal-Mart and most grocery stores.
Forget about stopping at a gas station because I don't know of one that doesn't sale alcohol.
You cannot pick and choose what is right and wrong.
If you speak out against those who go to concerts in which the venue serves alcohol you must speak out against those who buy gas at a gas station that sales alcohol.
Oh my goodness! At what point did I condemn venues that sereve alcohol?! I only used a concert as an EXAMPLE of those people claiming to be christians,who I know personally, have put themselves in situations that i'm not sure are very christian like. Do you get it? Ah....forget it. This thread ran it's course because you have people like this and duck, mamaw from st. albans isp who are missing the point entirely. Let's all go get drunk, have sex, gossip about others and just go to church then it will be alright.
Jim Jones

Tomahawk, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2011

o my wrote:
<quoted text>You have a middle shchool kid agreeing with you. I hope you feel better now. 44 Boy your mom is gonna get you again.
So because his handle has the word boy in it means this is a child? Is Martina a child too? Is Kevin a child? I've been called an idiot,ignorant coward, and the stupidest(ha ha)person on here all because I gave some examples of behavior that direrctly involved me(remember these people tell me they'll pray for me)that I couldn't quite understand and asked could anyone help. I feel sorry for some of you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of136
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

82 Users are viewing the Logan Forum right now

Search the Logan Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
drop a word/add a word (Jan '10) 27 min Jennifer Renee 11,557
Do you approve of Willie Akers as Commissioner? (Oct '11) 30 min Most 56
Add a word OR drop a word (Mar '10) 30 min Jennifer Renee 1,318
DROP A Word AND ADD a word (Jan '10) 32 min Jennifer Renee 10,318
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 34 min KatieKnows 43,609
ammo 2 hr loaded 9
Song Title Game! (Jan '10) 3 hr honeymylove 10,068
Mt. Laurel (Apr '12) 6 hr Sweet 32
Mountain Laurel 9 hr miner49er 72
•••
•••
•••
Logan Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Logan Jobs