Wilma Zigmond retiring?

Posted in the Logan Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
wow

Danville, WV

#1 Jan 11, 2013




JOB POSTING #: 2013-018



POSTING DATES: January 11 January 17, 2013







PROFESSIONAL



Superintendent of Logan County Schools (see attached job description)



Applicants must submit a professional employment application

Applicants just submit a professional vacancy bid form

Submit copies of state certification

Names may be subject to release due to FOIA request

Applications and bids are to be submitted to Leslie Tyree, Director of Personnel



abc 123

Branchland, WV

#2 Jan 11, 2013
wow wrote:
JOB POSTING #: 2013-018
POSTING DATES: January 11 January 17, 2013
PROFESSIONAL
Superintendent of Logan County Schools (see attached job description)
Applicants must submit a professional employment application
Applicants just submit a professional vacancy bid form
Submit copies of state certification
Names may be subject to release due to FOIA request
Applications and bids are to be submitted to Leslie Tyree, Director of Personnel
It's about time! Maybe the children of Logan County will have a change at a decent education!
abc 123

Branchland, WV

#3 Jan 11, 2013
I meant to say "chance". Guess I was just very excited to hear this good news!
wow

Danville, WV

#4 Jan 11, 2013
I'm happy to maybe instead of trips out of the country for her and her friends our children will get books
nnf67

Tomahawk, KY

#5 Jan 11, 2013
did she retire? or was she fired?
lelia

Saint Albans, WV

#6 Jan 11, 2013
wow wrote:
I'm happy to maybe instead of trips out of the country for her and her friends our children will get books
That is so true. She and her "assistants" love to travel on our tax dollars.
wildcatforever

Saint Albans, WV

#7 Jan 11, 2013
I wouldnt call the Board of Education telling you that your services are no longer needed a "retirement". She was not given an option!
curiouser

Milton, WV

#8 Jan 11, 2013
and what made the final decision necessary to be let go? Was it something that just piled on top of the other things that said it is time to move on from Wilma's own decision? Or who on the board finally made it necessary that something had to be done?
reader

Williamson, WV

#9 Jan 11, 2013
She is leaving that job on her own free will, she will be the next STATE Superintendent
are you serious

Ashburn, VA

#10 Jan 11, 2013
I sure hope she is the next State Superintendent.
wow

Danville, WV

#11 Jan 11, 2013
not me she has not done anything for the kids.
curiouser

Milton, WV

#12 Jan 11, 2013
reader wrote:
She is leaving that job on her own free will, she will be the next STATE Superintendent
I pretty much thought that was going to happen when they fired Marple. It was just a matter of time. She knows how to do her job. Logan County will have a strong advocate in Charleston. That is a good thing.
Hey

Hermitage, PA

#13 Jan 11, 2013
She will never be State superintendent!
wow

Danville, WV

#14 Jan 11, 2013
reader wrote:
She is leaving that job on her own free will, she will be the next STATE Superintendent
if this were true I'm sure the Logan Banner would have had her on the front page. I don't know why she's gone I'm just glad she's gone
Wake Up People

Belfry, KY

#15 Jan 11, 2013
Honey she is moving too Southern West Virginia Community and Technical College this is a fact, she is replacing Joanne Tomblin
wow

Danville, WV

#16 Jan 11, 2013
Wake Up People wrote:
Honey she is moving too Southern West Virginia Community and Technical College this is a fact, she is replacing Joanne Tomblin
and once again why is this not on the front page of the Logan Banner. Why didn't anyone know anything about it until her job was posted on the board's website
sekki

Saint Albans, WV

#17 Jan 11, 2013
are you serious wrote:
I sure hope she is the next State Superintendent.
Let me get this right. You are stupid enough to think that a gym teacher is going to be the State Super,lol That is a good one. Everyone knows that all she does is babysit her grandkids and never does her work. When she does work she goes to conferences with her buddies on our tax payers dollars. She is not the brightest woman you know. People amaze me how stupid they are in this area,lol
curiouser

Milton, WV

#18 Jan 11, 2013
sekki wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me get this right. You are stupid enough to think that a gym teacher is going to be the State Super,lol That is a good one. Everyone knows that all she does is babysit her grandkids and never does her work. When she does work she goes to conferences with her buddies on our tax payers dollars. She is not the brightest woman you know. People amaze me how stupid they are in this area,lol
OK....and you are in the genius category who can call everyone else stupid? How do you know she does no work and just babysits her grand kids? I visit the board's office fairly often and do not see those things happening. So be amazed at making statements that are pretty much not true at all.
reader

Williamson, WV

#19 Jan 12, 2013
THE BEE GEES sang "I started a joke, that started the whole world laughing" GOT YA. you people will fall for anything

Level 1

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#20 Jan 12, 2013
If some of you "concerned citizens" would actually attend a
BOE meeting every now and then you would know what's going on. Mark McGrew and Jim Frye announced that they were searching for a new Superintendent. It was on WVOW news yesterday evening and it's on the WVOW website. They said her contract expires soon and the BOE was searching for a new one Superintendent. Everybody was talking about it last night at the Logan game.
wow wrote:
<quoted text>
and once again why is this not on the front page of the Logan Banner. Why didn't anyone know anything about it until her job was posted on the board's website

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Logan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
All Blacks Stick together . Why don't any Whites ? 1 hr mlk 2
Aleasha and Amber Wright (Jun '12) 2 hr Friend 3
Four Wheelers coming to Walmart Area 2 hr Insurance 15
Add a word OR drop a word (Mar '10) 2 hr I KNOW 2,828
drop a word/add a word (Jan '10) 2 hr I KNOW 13,122
DROP A Word AND ADD a word (Jan '10) 2 hr I KNOW 11,677
Babydolls 2 hr Really 5
News Judge delays sentencing in Logan kickback scheme 11 hr Justiceforallnky 20
What's the latest on Patriot Coal ? 11 hr Justiceforallnky 7
Grimmett .........Finally! (Oct '14) 14 hr Lady Lost 154
More from around the web

Logan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]