word of life church

“Anything I say is just opinion”

Level 1

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#1 Feb 7, 2010
Why? Because I don't want to let whomever keeps putting all the effort into removing these discussions be left without something to do.
Idle hands, you know...

In all seriousness, I'm curious if anyone truly knows if there is truth to the other posts about their pastor suddenly jumping ship without explanation, taking a couple of other 'higher-ups' with him?

As I read the posts, it does appear that there is some sort of issue at hand.

I see postings telling the story of sudden disappearance, members without a clue why, and others that seem to know why but as expected, defending evil and crying about it being no one's business.

Listen... if there is evil among you,(and I mean if you've never set foot in that church, but you live a mile down the road) then it's your business. If you even claim to be a Christian, then its your duty to make it your business.

I stopped by www.wolwv.org to see if anything could be done, but alas... the website has been deactivated and is on hold, I'm sure to start removing names and titles of those that no longer serve as an acceptable sales tool.
None of this looks good. Going into hiding only makes the situation look even worse!
Constantly deleting the truth in these posts only makes WOL appear guilty of hypocrisy.

We know our topics have mostly been about the false doctrine of prosperity gospel and the various other unbiblical teachings there, but now is the time to try and save anyone you can, while they have proof of their "teacher's" true agendas.

I feel for the members of this church, as they post here and it is so obvious that they are blissfully ignorant of what is being put into their heads. They seem to believe that since everything is bright, shiny and pretty; that everyone is just so nice, and no one is stomping babies in the hallway, that there is no problem!
Now they have proof of faulty leadership, and still they want to supress the truth..????

Please try to help these folks...
I already see them posting about how it's no one's business and that no matter the problem, it's OK!

No, it's not. You reap what you sow, and sowing seed on stony ground will, as you can plainly see, result in a failed harvest.

Please pray for the folks that sit in those pews and are totally clueless of the truth... there are so many others in the same boat, but this time and this issue will hopefully shine some light into the dark recesses that the average member never sees!
Take heed people, Do not blindly defend an issue if you don't have the facts! Just because people are nice and say "Praise Jesus" doesn't make them righteous! Yeah, its a nice building with "plenty to do" and a etc, etc... I've heard about all the amenities.... but if the entertainment factor, financial prosperity teachings, and overall "prestige" of that finely crafted place is why you go.... well, you're part of the problem.

Always seek to find the truth and flush it out. If you find evil is at the root, then pull it up from the ground and cast it aside.

Usually the mindset of this sort of organization and teaching results in people believing that if the truth is offensive or makes anyone look bad, then it is to be hidden and denied. And I'm sure great effort will be made to hide the facts and truth from the public so the church or no particular person "looks bad", because well.. it just wouldn't be "nice".

Right?

(wrong!!)

Level 8

Since: Jan 10

Charleston, WV

#2 Feb 7, 2010
cogito_ergo_sum wrote:
We know our topics have mostly been about the false doctrine of prosperity gospel and the various other unbiblical teachings there, but now is the time to try and save anyone you can, while they have proof of their "teacher's" true agendas.
(wrong!!)
So what is their teacher's true agenda?

Level 1

Location hidden

#3 Feb 7, 2010
Well... just as it is posted already. They have a doctrine that teaches prosperity gospel for one.
They have a magic miracle medical school, where they have posted up personally inviting me to come and actually be taught how to properly lay hands on people and do miraculous works of healing...
Then if you say anything about it or even question the slightest notion, it all becomes some argument with the members. No one has ever bothered to do anything other than cry "judge not!" even when just politely asked where they get their ideas from...
Just various and sundry unbiblical stuff.

Don't get me wrong, they're nice people.
I thought you were Wiccan, why do you ask?

Level 8

Charleston, WV

#4 Feb 7, 2010
cogito_ergo_sum wrote:
Well... just as it is posted already. They have a doctrine that teaches prosperity gospel for one.
They have a magic miracle medical school, where they have posted up personally inviting me to come and actually be taught how to properly lay hands on people and do miraculous works of healing...
Then if you say anything about it or even question the slightest notion, it all becomes some argument with the members. No one has ever bothered to do anything other than cry "judge not!" even when just politely asked where they get their ideas from...
Just various and sundry unbiblical stuff.
Don't get me wrong, they're nice people.
I thought you were Wiccan, why do you ask?
I'm Druidic, nature based, but not exactly Wiccan. Really, just curious, thanks for the info. Wow, I am sorry for them, but to me, that is just crazy stuff.

Level 1

Location hidden

#5 Feb 7, 2010
Last year I looked into one of their "guest speakers"... I forget his name, but he was one of the million dollar men and his website told the (long, boring) story of how he literally raised his son from the dead after 5 hours in the morgue.
Insane doesn't even begin to describe some of these prosperity people.

Level 8

Charleston, WV

#6 Feb 7, 2010
cogito_ergo_sum wrote:
Last year I looked into one of their "guest speakers"... I forget his name, but he was one of the million dollar men and his website told the (long, boring) story of how he literally raised his son from the dead after 5 hours in the morgue.
Insane doesn't even begin to describe some of these prosperity people.
So he is a sorcerer, perhaps he should burned...lol.

Level 1

Location hidden

#7 Feb 7, 2010
Yeah, he's a magic man alright, and fear not, he will be burned, LOL.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Logan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Coach Brad Napier 7 hr Duane estep 3
Chilio Ellis? 10 hr KHMlover 1
Logan football 11 hr Tiger Fan 10
Traffic on the island 12 hr Citizen 6
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 19 hr Missy 4,200
Another Nigerian at Logan High School 23 hr Tank 55
Add a word OR drop a word (Mar '10) Tue Princess Hey 4,297

Logan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance