New Logan Superintendent

Posted in the Logan Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
city girl

Logan, WV

#1 Jan 19, 2013
Is it true the new superintendent for Logan County is actually a native of Mingo County? I say keep it in southern WV cause we don't need a person running our schools from the nothern part of the state.

Level 1

Since: Jan 13

Prestonsburg, KY

#2 Jan 19, 2013
Seriously? You think Mingo County is in the northern part of the state? Come on!
city girl wrote:
Is it true the new superintendent for Logan County is actually a native of Mingo County? I say keep it in southern WV cause we don't need a person running our schools from the nothern part of the state.
abc 123

Saint Albans, WV

#3 Jan 19, 2013
city girl wrote:
Who are you talking about? Nam please.
LHS

Williamstown, WV

#4 Jan 19, 2013
abc 123 wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are you talking about? Nam please.
Nobody knows....the BOE picks after interviews
Wondering

Hansford, WV

#5 Jan 19, 2013
You can learn so much on here, all my life i thought mingo co. was right next to logan.
Whatever

Charleston, WV

#6 Jan 20, 2013
I heard it was abut rom Chapmanville named Barker
Yeah right

Logan, WV

#7 Jan 20, 2013
I heard its Phyllis doty with worbert wucas being the asst. supt... Wow what a bunch...
demetria

Flower Mound, TX

#8 Jan 20, 2013
Who is in tight with the majority?

“Chummin' for Tards”

Since: Oct 09

Everywhere!

#9 Jan 20, 2013
city girl wrote:
Maybe we need a super with no political ties to the area. Maybe the status quo isn't good enough for our children.
bill

Flower Mound, TX

#10 Jan 21, 2013
Who has applied for the job? They are interviewing the candidates tomorrow evening.
Bob

Prestonsburg, KY

#11 Jan 21, 2013
The state needs to take over again. You can't leave education to a bunch of local politicians, especially in Logan.
truewildcat

Bucharest, Romania

#12 Jan 22, 2013
The interview process is a sham they employees already know who is going to be hired
carla

Flower Mound, TX

#13 Jan 22, 2013
Who will it be?
Whatever

Bluefield, WV

#14 Feb 21, 2013
Phyllis doty
Insane

Chesapeake, OH

#15 Feb 21, 2013
city girl wrote:
God forbid someone from the north... In case you haven't heard, Logan is the Anus of WV. Someone from the north... Holy s#it you inbreds take the cake! This isn't 1860, the civil war is over. You Loganites have put your county in the shitter, and someone from the outside is needed to fix your nasty county.
uoyekamemelims

Logan, WV

#16 Feb 22, 2013
Insane wrote:
<quoted text>God forbid someone from the north... In case you haven't heard, Logan is the Anus of WV. Someone from the north... Holy s#it you inbreds take the cake! This isn't 1860, the civil war is over. You Loganites have put your county in the shitter, and someone from the outside is needed to fix your nasty county.
Oh yes, because wherever you're from, they produce winners! Puulease! You sure are a prize!
curiouser and curiouser

Bluefield, WV

#17 Feb 22, 2013
Insane wrote:
<quoted text>
God forbid someone from the north... In case you haven't heard, Logan is the Anus of WV. Someone from the north... Holy s#it you inbreds take the cake! This isn't 1860, the civil war is over. You Loganites have put your county in the shitter, and someone from the outside is needed to fix your nasty county.
and your name is appropriate-----INSANE
Edu

United States

#18 Feb 23, 2013
Insane wrote:
<quoted text>
All correct. As long as people don't want to ruffle feathers and speak up for their children and what is best for them Logan County will continue their political inbreeding.
The Man

Clarksburg, WV

#19 Feb 23, 2013
Phyllis Doty will be the new Super. Another victory for the hard working women who work beside of men. Way to go Phyllis. You have a great opportunity to make Logan County Schools the best. Just don't forget how sad looking old Man High School looks compared to Logan and Chapmanville. Really need to get them Billies off that Indian Burial Ground. Finding a new site location for a New Logan Grade , improve your relationship with the teachers of Logan County by visiting all the schools, and please try to do more than your predecessor by working harder on the dropout rate. Put your hard hat on, roll up your sleeves, and get to work for all of Logan County. Don't forget the Harts Creek students that the Lincolln County School System didn't want. These students have been accepted by Chapmanville, but their parents have no voice, Try to show so love towards these students if you can. Way to go Phyllis.
McDowell County Schools

Prestonsburg, KY

#20 Feb 28, 2013
Logan County is ready to crack down on attendance just kike McDowell County Superintendent.
McDowell County School Superintendent Nelson Spencer said there is a certified prevention resource officer and active-duty parole officers stationed at the River View High School and the Mount View school complex, but not at any other of the eight county schools."
http://bdtonline.com/local/x964902140/Resourc ...

What are the attendance policies for McDowell County for the school years of 2012-13? What type of collaboration does the county have working with law enforcement? Which judge will be working with the school board and the parents and children that failed to follow the McDowell County's Attendance Policy? I'd also research the other outcomes when a student had failed to comply with the attendance policy. Also, in other counties parents that are in a divorce situation and the child or children and have one primary care giver with the other parent still receiving visitation plus included in the parenting plan to participate in making educational decisions for a child/children can be held accountable for their child or children not attending school. This happens because both parents have the right to participate in deciding the child's education in joint parenting plans. This would be another point of interest is if a child has a documented reason from a doctor for non-attendance what repercussion can the court or county institute to the parents? This may be found in the attendance policy or addressed in writing by a parole officer. If this should happen to anyone and they find themselves in court, please get a copy of the CD of the court case. There will be a fee for a copy, but it might be needed for future references.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Logan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Boss Collins 16 min IshouldKnow 3
One Word Game (Feb '10) 1 hr Princess Hey 12,488
4 Letter WORD Game (Feb '10) 1 hr Princess Hey 4,007
Pastors and their wives 3 hr i sell fell well 6
enough with the nudes of crystal fisher 3 hr ilikenudes 3
Logan ASA money stolen? 3 hr Hateathief 2
Doug Witten 11 hr The last boyscout 23
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Logan Mortgages