Saint Albans, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2011

Judged:

You still forgot none of the above!!! Are you serious? Do you actually think that Logan people are gonna vote for somebody as crooked as Leonard Codispoti? You people talk about Danny Well's,Leonard is 100 times worse than Danny could ever dream of being!!!Well it is Logan and Leonard has bought the last 5 elections. Probably more!!!Give me a friggin break!!!!!!!!!!
Jack_4ral

Williamson, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2011

Judged:

none, Leonard got one vote, it's probally his, don't get bent out of shape. Think a new Logan County.
Walking Tall

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2011

Jack_4ral wrote:
none, Leonard got one vote, it's probally his, don't get bent out of shape. Think a new Logan County.
If you are going to turn the Sheriff's office over to the West Virginia State police then just do away with the office and deputies and invest the money into something else. Better yet just give the people a break on their personal property tax or even their real estate taxes. Good Idea!
Jack_4ral

Williamson, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2011

Judged:

Walking, that is a negitive.
P D has a wealth of knowledge in Law Enforcement, as Eddie did.
P D owes the WV Dept. of Public Safety nothing.
He is a long time resident of Logan County, if elected Sheriff, I beleive that he would perform the duties of that office to the best of his ability.
Other than Sgt. Porter, I am not aware of any of the above having Law Enforcement experience.
Leonard does have years of experience in the Court's system, Art has 30 years experience as a County Boss.
Walking Tall

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2011

Jack_4ral wrote:
Walking, that is a negitive.
P D has a wealth of knowledge in Law Enforcement, as Eddie did.
P D owes the WV Dept. of Public Safety nothing.
He is a long time resident of Logan County, if elected Sheriff, I beleive that he would perform the duties of that office to the best of his ability.
Other than Sgt. Porter, I am not aware of any of the above having Law Enforcement experience.
Leonard does have years of experience in the Court's system, Art has 30 years experience as a County Boss.
Too much money wasted on offices the public doesn't need. As I said if you going to turn it over to the West Virginia State Police then do away with it. If you think that P D's loyalty is with the public instead of the Public Safety's then I have a piece of ocean front property down here on Big Creek I'll sell you cheap!
No offense my man!
Jack_4ral

Williamson, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2011

None taken, I love Big Creek.
The mouth of Big Creek Creek, we called it Big Creek Beach. Under the RR bridge.
Carl

Logan, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2011

The way things have been in Logan, and now as they continue, this is the correct trend as to the way voting may go .. If these were the candidates for sheriff. Politics as we have seen is changing!
TooManyCrooks

Dunbar, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2011

They are all crooks. See, what we need are fresh faces. People that have no previous ties to that courthouse. Everyone of those people on that poll are in some way tied to the courthouse, and we all know the political scandals which have plagued the courthouse while many of those were there. So why in the world would we vote one of these people in. I'm for none of the above all the way.
Jack_4ral

Williamson, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2011

It all boils down to the less of two evils.
The last thing you want is a (good ol boy) running the Sheriff's office and the Tax Department.
Carl

Inez, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2011

All the people considering running for sheriff should say so now and let the voters be choosing.
Mr Clean

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2011

Judged:

I don't know why you people on Logan County talks about voting. At least two thirds of you don't know how to vote. Past elections have proofed it and then you have enough nerve to talk about some one on office. Shame on you pillbillies!
Huluga

Blacklick, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2011

Was P. D. Clemends appointed by Big John as a chief deputy or not??????
Mr Clean

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2011

Huluga wrote:
Was P. D. Clemends appointed by Big John as a chief deputy or not??????
Yes pd was appointed by Big John and you see what happened. The only person on this poll who hasn't been part of the courthouse is George Mathis and his worst feature is his close ties with Alvis Porter. So be careful and hope some one else throws their hat in the ring.
Carl

Inez, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2011

Just wonder how many of these people will really get out and work for this job? They can't do it from home or office. Especially form those offices in conflict with campaining.
Mr Clean

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2011

Carl wrote:
Just wonder how many of these people will really get out and work for this job? They can't do it from home or office. Especially form those offices in conflict with campaining.
you are kiddin aren't you?
Carl

Inez, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2011

Don't seem to be alot of interest in this poll. I know this is an important office for the voters to consider. Where treasurery is.
LEO THE LIONHEARTED

Williamson, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2011

Most of the former male sheriffs hasve had problems with honesty. Lets try Sonya Porter. Maybe a woman sheriff is what we need. We need radical changes made at the court house!
Jack_4ral

Williamson, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2011

A radical change is needed in the County Commission.
A Liberal female elected to the County Commission would be the first step in removing the Land, Coal and Gas company lackys that we now have.
The election of a Liberal to the Commision would be the first step in changing Logan County from a stuck in the mud conservative/Republican County into a Liberal/foward looking future where the people would come first.
As long as our County and Local political (leaders?) are controled by The Chamber, Land, Coal and Gas operators, this County will continue to regress.
Our elected officials are still in a 1950's mentality.
Huluga

Blacklick, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2011

Sgt. Porter has experience to manage the LCSD.. But with the political system in LA with all local offices decided in the primary election she will be over whelmed by local 'Big Wheels'. The 'Big Wheel' system is still in control of LA. The exception to this was R. Perry in his first run for judge.
DUH

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2011

Judged:

LEO THE LIONHEARTED wrote:
Most of the former male sheriffs hasve had problems with honesty. Lets try Sonya Porter. Maybe a woman sheriff is what we need. We need radical changes made at the court house!
Are you kidding?? She runs it already but she shouldn't be!! Logan Co def does not need her as the Sheriff!! Cause if she were the Sheriff, Logan Co would go down the shi&@"r even more than it is now. Pitiful

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of111
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

97 Users are viewing the Logan Forum right now

Search the Logan Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 2 min Funny Funny 51,583
do you like kevin? (May '11) 23 min Still Waiting 169
drop a word/add a word (Jan '10) 27 min Jennifer Renee 12,266
Add a word OR drop a word (Mar '10) 30 min Jennifer Renee 1,959
DROP A Word AND ADD a word (Jan '10) 34 min Jennifer Renee 11,026
Court appearance schedule 35 min Ghost of Claude 20
Miners who cheat??? 1 hr Heard 6
Freedom Festival 2 hr Festive Frank 27
mountain laurel take three Wed Time for Change 297
•••
•••
•••
•••