Comments
1 - 20 of 108 Comments Last updated Apr 16, 2011
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
sister

Nolensville, TN

#1 Dec 26, 2009
How do people continue to pass drug tests at the methadone clinic when they obviously are still using drugs? People are getting days or even a weeks supply of this stuff and selling it and making a killing. It's a joke.
I do it right

Inez, KY

#2 Dec 26, 2009
It's not a joke if you do it the right way. I don't do anything anymore and am working on phasing out of the treatment center. I'm clean and it feels so much better. It's just sad that there are a lot of people who go there and abuse it, and I just can't understand why they're still allowed to go there either!!! Some of us do it the right way though, and you just don't hear about us because we're not out causing trouble.
concerned

Gilbert, WV

#3 Dec 26, 2009
wow
I do it right wrote:
It's not a joke if you do it the right way. I don't do anything anymore and am working on phasing out of the treatment center. I'm clean and it feels so much better. It's just sad that there are a lot of people who go there and abuse it, and I just can't understand why they're still allowed to go there either!!! Some of us do it the right way though, and you just don't hear about us because we're not out causing trouble.
sister

Nolensville, TN

#4 Dec 27, 2009
I'm glad it's working for you and I agree that it can and does work for those who want to turn their lives around. Seems like it's the same people who "use and abuse" this medication, get kicked out of the program for awhile and then go right back. I know for a fact though that people are passing drug tests and still snorting pills. Just don't understand their system over there.
I do it right

Inez, KY

#5 Dec 27, 2009
Me neither, when I first started going there I was in shock because I could look at some people and see that they were knocked out. It's just a shame too, because they're supposed to be there for help, but that's the last thing they're thinking about!!! SUCH A SHAME!! I'm glad that you're looking at both sides of the situation. A lot of people only see what they do, and it's wrong by all means!!! Maybe they'll do something to change it at the clinic......BECAUSE THEY REALLY NEED TO!!!!
Logan momma

Lenore, WV

#6 Dec 27, 2009
I think the Methadone is a waste.Its not helping people get off of drugs if anything its keeping them high.

“Chummin' for Tards”

Since: Oct 09

Everywhere!

#7 Dec 27, 2009
I do it right wrote:
It's not a joke if you do it the right way. I don't do anything anymore and am working on phasing out of the treatment center. I'm clean and it feels so much better. It's just sad that there are a lot of people who go there and abuse it, and I just can't understand why they're still allowed to go there either!!! Some of us do it the right way though, and you just don't hear about us because we're not out causing trouble.
You're not clean. Methadone is dope. That is like saying you are clean because you went and got prescriptions for your pills. You're still polluting your body with drugs. You're just going about it a different way.
clean

United States

#8 Dec 27, 2009
suboxone is better. it dont give u a buzz like methadone
Logan momma

Lenore, WV

#9 Dec 27, 2009
Krakee-I agree with you
touch of class

Beckley, WV

#10 Dec 27, 2009
I do it right wrote:
It's not a joke if you do it the right way. I don't do anything anymore and am working on phasing out of the treatment center. I'm clean and it feels so much better. It's just sad that there are a lot of people who go there and abuse it, and I just can't understand why they're still allowed to go there either!!! Some of us do it the right way though, and you just don't hear about us because we're not out causing trouble.
Thank God for some people like you, there are not many. You are truely doing a miraculous thing....
logan girl

Inez, KY

#11 Dec 27, 2009
if you do it right, then it can truly help, but you do have to keep coming down until you are off all the way.. the people that abuse the clinic give it a bad name... I think there should be an 18 month lifetime limit
touch of class

Beckley, WV

#12 Dec 27, 2009
logan girl wrote:
if you do it right, then it can truly help, but you do have to keep coming down until you are off all the way.. the people that abuse the clinic give it a bad name... I think there should be an 18 month lifetime limit
My husband was on it... he just continued to do drugs and drink like a fish still trying to get the high.. finally he lost his job, vehicle and could not longer go get the methodone, then he they just gave him the smallest dose, he almost died for three months.. he said it was horrible.. so yes, they do need to do it the right way and only have people on it for a short time.. not years and years.. I think if my husband had not continued to do drugs and alcohol, he would have been almost okay.. he seems straight on it... the crazy thing is even though he did the drugs, he couldn't feel them because the methodone blocked the affect.... it's crazy how people will still try to get their high even when they are told it won't work...
I do it right

Inez, KY

#13 Dec 27, 2009
KRAKEE wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not clean. Methadone is dope. That is like saying you are clean because you went and got prescriptions for your pills. You're still polluting your body with drugs. You're just going about it a different way.
Okay, Krakee and logan mama.....
I know that I can sit here and argue with the both of you until my face turns blue....but I'm not going to. Although I will state what my situation is like, and for me it's helped me! You say that it's polluting my body and that I couldn't be clean, but I am. I don't do the things that I did before, I don't hang out with the same people, and if it wasn't for the clinic then I'm sure my situation would have been the same. You see, you can disagree with me, but I know who I am, I know my life and my story and that's all that matters! I had tried rehab but it wasn't long enough, a couple of weeks and then I had to leave. I needed a long term treatment program, and I found it.
So, I will end this by saying that there are many people who abuse it, but there are also people who have turned their lives around. ON THAT NOTE......THIS DEBATE WILL NEVER END, THERE WILL ALWAYS BE TWO SIDES TO IT, AND I'LL STICK WITH WHAT I BELIEVE IN, BECAUSE IT'S GIVEN ME A SECOND CHANCE AT LIFE! I'M ME AGAIN AND NOTHING COULD BE BETTER THAN THAT!!!
been there done that

United States

#14 Dec 27, 2009
I was on methadone for 3 years and it honestly controls every aspect of your life. While your on it you really don't see it, you think it's helping you but you just become more addicted to it. And yes most people that go use other drugs and still pass their drug tests because their handed a cup and they go in the bathroom by themselves so you figure out the rest. In my opinion the methadone gets you high itself without anything else. But I did it the right way if there is a right way and it kept me knocked out. The past few years on it was like a blurr and as far as it helping me, sorry but it didn't. I wasted 3 years of my life and alot of money that I could have used on something else. There is no right way of coming off of it, you can try their method of dosing down but once it leaves your system thats when the withdrawals kicked in. I had never been so sick in my life and when I called the methadone clinic my counselor told me that they were not educated on methadone, all she could tell me to do was go to the ER. Every doctor I saw tried to give me methadone but I had decided I wasn't turning back and I didn't. I've been clean for 3 years now and all my regrets are associated with the methadone. Trust me the withdrawals were rough I thought I was going to die, I dehydrated and stayed in the hospital for 7 days with the only thing keeping me alive was an IV. I remember this nurse telling me that it was best that I came off the hard way, that way I would never go down that road again. So true......Methadone in no way is good for you for anything, especially trying to get off of drugs. You can't get off something by doing something stronger. Get Real.......
Logan momma

Lenore, WV

#15 Dec 27, 2009
I do it right-I have something to say to you.Im proud of you for not being with the people that you used to and for not doing the things you did before.I understand you say that the methadone is helping you.I would say to you turn your life over to God and he will clean you up.Let me tell you something i used to go to the bars and drinks God saved my soul April 15th of 2007 and i thank him everyday for cleaning my life up.If it wasnt for God being in my life no telling where id be now.Thank you God.
Working 2 Change Things

Ashland, KY

#16 Dec 28, 2009
Methadone is a drug.....there is no disputing that... however....it is also a wonderful way to beat addiction to meds like Oxy...Xanax....Valium... IF IT IS PRESCRIBED CORRECTLY.... I work in a Methadone Clinic....not in WV.... and we do observed drug screens....which means someone stands in the bathroom with the client while they submit their urine sample. I am there almost 7 days a week... and I observe the clients....and whether or not they are intoxicated. If a client appears intoxicated, they do not receive their medication for the day. And when they return the next day, they must see the Dr, and their dose is decreased. Methadone is not trading one drug for another. It is used to treat the pain of withdrawing from other things. Yes, it is possible to get high if you are not monitored appropriately. That is when the clinic administering the medication needs to step up and watch the clients more diligently.

I hope that anyone seeking treatment truly gives it 100%. Methadone or Suboxone can work.... does work.....if you play by the rules.

Good Luck To All!
Logan momma

Lenore, WV

#17 Dec 28, 2009
I have known of people to come to Methadone clinics greceive their methadon and ten take it and sell it.Ihave also seen people that are on the methadon that stay high from it and say they are clean.If a person really wants to be clean of all drugs they will get the help.God Bless you all.Im not saying that Methadon doesnt help people im just saying from what ive seen in others.
wildcat

United States

#18 Dec 29, 2009
This comment is to "I do it right"
I was on methadone for about 2 years. Everybody has their own opinion of methadone, trust me!!!
I know what you're saying about making you feel so much better. When I first started it, I hadn't felt that good in a long time. Methadone isn't for everybody and everybody has a different situation with drugs. Just with everything else each individual person has to want to get off of drugs. When I started the clinic, I had a mind set of this is a once in a life time chance. I had tried quiting on my own several times and also had been to rehab. Until someone experiences the withdrawl, you have no idea what it is like. I never want to experience it again. Everybody says, just don't take them you won't get hooked. that's not true. I was prescribed them for a knee injury, next thing you know I was hooked. I would've laughed at someone 10 years ago if they told me I was going to be an opiate addict. anyway, my point being, you keep up the hard work, don't listen to the people on this post that has not experienced it, they have no idea. I have been clean of opiates for 3 years and been off of methadone for 1 year and 2 months. I reduced my dose just like I was supposed too and did just fine. YOU KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!!
KRISTY VANCE

Logan, WV

#19 Dec 29, 2009
I have to say I have not seen this methadone shit help anyone.Everyone I seen it just made them worse.Plus your not clean either because methadone is a drug to.If you want to get off drugs you dont use another drug to get off them.If you really want to get off the shit and get help then use your brains and put your minds to it and get it done.If not then dont even go there saying oh I am clean because I do methadone and it has worked for me.Your so stupid!To quit drugs and get off drugs is to get away from them period.DUH!I have seen so many people who messed up thier lives because of drugs.To me its not worth it.Your crazy if you think that Methadone is helping you when it isnt.Truth is the truth!
Working 2 Change Things

Ashland, KY

#20 Dec 29, 2009
KRISTY VANCE wrote:
I have to say I have not seen this methadone shit help anyone.Everyone I seen it just made them worse.Plus your not clean either because methadone is a drug to.If you want to get off drugs you dont use another drug to get off them.If you really want to get off the shit and get help then use your brains and put your minds to it and get it done.If not then dont even go there saying oh I am clean because I do methadone and it has worked for me.Your so stupid!To quit drugs and get off drugs is to get away from them period.DUH!I have seen so many people who messed up thier lives because of drugs.To me its not worth it.Your crazy if you think that Methadone is helping you when it isnt.Truth is the truth!
I'm sorry that you feel that way.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Logan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 56 min Mgtn Res 57,067
Logan Football 1 hr Rambo 1
prostitution 4 hr dannytome 90
A Big White Ghetto Named Logan 6 hr Tighty Pants 22
Amber Conley 7 hr logangirl 1
Chaseena Adams 7 hr lovebaby 1
Mecca drive inn is it still open 9 hr Curious fan of Mecca 5
•••
•••
•••

Logan Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Logan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Logan News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Logan
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••