Quit Praying and Do Something Useful

Quit Praying and Do Something Useful

Posted in the Logan Forum

Oh please

Logan, WV

#2 Dec 6, 2012
Get off here & go [email protected] your girl friend
Truth

Prestonsburg, KY

#3 Dec 7, 2012
Have you ever prayed? Don't ever judge those that know what God can do! Someday you maybe laying in pain maybe even dying and the doctor tell you theres nothing they can do for you..but, guess what there is a GOD that can make miracles happen and believe me at that time in your life YOU WILL be crying out for people to Pray for you..I know this to be true! Try reading the Bible..If you watch the news at all..you will see that everything they are talking about is everything the Bible talks about will happen in the last days..We are in those last days..everyone should be PRAYING. I would rather die thinking there was a God and a Heaven than to die thinking there was not and go to hell..I hope you think about this and change your life around before its to late. And before you respond to this to cut me down it won't do any good..nothing you say will bother me..I have God on my side..Who do you have? And I will be praying for you and everyone like you..That you will open your eyes and know the TRUTH before it's to late..May GOD Bless You!
Libby Noe

Logan, WV

#4 Dec 7, 2012
Someone forgot to pray for this person... Lets Pray......
1 post removed
RTE 44

Kenna, WV

#6 Dec 8, 2012
Reason wrote:
praying is a 50/50 chance and you know it. It's a gamble if there was direct answer everyone would be healed.
If God healed everything, no one would die. It's appointed that EVERYONE die once, then face judgment (Hebrews 9:27).
1 post removed
hey hey hey

Logan, WV

#8 Dec 8, 2012
Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
So it's a pointless prayer when we prayer for our loved ones not to die? Can you tell me the rules of praying?
The rules are simple, come to the lord with an open heart and faith, you really know when it works when you don't get what you prayed for, and God turns it into something better! But again you MUST have faith and believe with your heart. When a person's time on earth is up, then it is out of our hands. We are not always meant to understand Gods decisions, that's why we have faith, works for me at least. God Bless!
1 post removed
444MMMM

Charleston, WV

#10 Dec 10, 2012
Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
YOur lord is a made up concept from ancient heroes ..
my lord isnt made up, but i will pray for you!!!!!
GOD BLESS YOU AND HAVE A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS

“Colleges Search Engine ”

Level 8

Since: Mar 12

www.schoolanduniversity.com

#11 Dec 11, 2012
Praying is the good things but people misunderstood the prayer. Prayer gives us a chance what we did in the past and learn from it and do better than that in future.

“Colleges Search Engine ”

Level 8

Since: Mar 12

www.schoolanduniversity.com

#12 Dec 11, 2012
GOD BLESS YOU Dear.
lol

Prestonsburg, KY

#13 Dec 11, 2012
Stop praying and so something useful. Donate money to the Red Cross or doctors without borders or go on a medical mission or volunteer and ACTUALLY GET OFF YOUR LAZY ASS. Thank you :)

_Olive_

“unstoppable”

Since: Jul 11

Hell

#14 Dec 11, 2012
I prayed for freedom for twenty years, but received no answer until I prayed with my legs.

- Frederick Douglass
Abel

Hamlin, WV

#15 Dec 12, 2012
Reason wrote:
I hate going on Facebook and every other post is "say a prayer for me." Prayer is a useless and lazy way of trying to help someone by gaining the attention of a supreme being to listen and do what you want it do. I got a better solution and try it out. Go visit someone sick, help your friends out. If you know someone who has a sickness that you know the cure, give it to them. If you know someone who is in need of financial help and you have it, give it to them. You won't have no need for your lazy prayer then. People quit thinking other people have favoritism with a "supreme being" and they can help you this way. Its B.S. and you know it within your heart but fear of a hell keeps you from swaying away....
Quit wasting your time posting about it on Topix and go volunteer at a soup kitchen or something if you are so morally upstanding. The best leadership comes from example not complaining. I am not a christian so relax on the thinking I am on some kind of religious war here. All I am saying is that if you want to make a difference in the community then posting on Topix isn't helping anything. Keep what you believe to yourself and live your life as an example to how you want others to live. I agree with you though on one thing. You SHOULD help out those around you if you can. Praying is fine and it isn't worthless because it gives people hope that they otherwise wouldn't have. If people do not have any money or medicine to give then praying is perfect because it gives the gift of hope to the sick or broken hearted. I don't understand why the crusade against hope is going on. This world is dark. Any idiot can look around and see that it is all going to hell quickly. Don't try to extinguish one of the last rays of light this world has. If believing in a higher power allows them to relax and negates some of the pain they are feeling then there is no harm. If you don't believe in a higher power then you do not believe in heaven or hell, so why the struggle to save "souls" from the big bad "myth" or "fairy tale" as you call it? Why not just let them be?
1 post removed
hey hey hey

Charleston, WV

#17 Jan 23, 2013
lol wrote:
Stop praying and so something useful. Donate money to the Red Cross or doctors without borders or go on a medical mission or volunteer and ACTUALLY GET OFF YOUR LAZY ASS. Thank you :)
You know what, a lot of churches actually do all of the above, do you?:) God Bless!
Better off

Paintsville, KY

#18 Jan 25, 2013
If people would do more good instead off doing what they think is good for them, they wouldn't feel the need to pray or request prayer. Not saying praying wrong! But seriously being overdone.

SchoolandUniversity wrote:
Praying is the good things but people misunderstood the prayer. Prayer gives us a chance what we did in the past and learn from it and do better than that in future.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Logan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Some Politicians Never Learn 51 min Voter 3
DROP A Word AND ADD a word (Jan '10) 1 hr Mark mark 13,268
Add a word OR drop a word (Mar '10) 1 hr -Glinda- 3,796
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 8 hr Duh 1,282
ojeda 10 hr Butchy 166
Pot Holes at Fountain place 13 hr Nick 7
Alexis.Hainer???? 20 hr Praying 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Logan Mortgages