Warfield, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2010

Judged:

Both of my girls attend flip & twist and love it! The instructors are really good also.
Info

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2010

2 Local Places. Southern Elite & Flip and Twist. I have heard that you get treated better and are taught better at flip and twist if you join thier traveling cheer squad tho. Southern Elite seems to be great for both beginners and advanced.

Mavericks in Charleston is great for all ages if you can handle the travel. I was told by Tim McCoy that there would be Gymnastics taught at the Rec Center just before they opened. I am not sure if they are holding classes there as of yet tho.
raiders c-team cheer mom

Logan, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2010

Judged:

go to southern elite. it's smaller classes and they are great with the girls. i tink it's like 35 to 40 dollars a month. it's located in the just sign here building up rt. 44 across from the speedway. no offense but it is alot better than flip and twist.
cheerleader

Winfield, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2010

Go to flip and twist. They are ovbiously very good they have been the gymnastic teachers of all of the members of the logan 2009 AAA cheerleading state champions. they are very good with the girls
MEMEME

Lubbock, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2010

If I am not mistaken, Southern Elite is only for an all star squad. Flip & Twist is for gymnastics and for 3 all star squads. They do not treat you any different if you are not on the all star squads. The instructors at flip & twist are great from beginners to very advances tumbling.
Mommy and Me

Oceana, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2010

MEMEME wrote:
If I am not mistaken, Southern Elite is only for an all star squad. Flip & Twist is for gymnastics and for 3 all star squads. They do not treat you any different if you are not on the all star squads. The instructors at flip & twist are great from beginners to very advances tumbling.
You said it sister, you are correct in your statements.
raiders c-team cheer mom

Logan, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2010

Judged:

MEMEME wrote:
my daughter isn't on an all star sqaud and goes to southern elite and she has attended flip and twist before and didn't so muh as learn to do a cartwheel. i'm not trying to bash flip and twist because heather is a great teacher but she has so many kids sometimes some get pushed to the side.
Mommy from the Old School

Logan, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2010

It is common knowledge when someone states they are not intending to bash another person, that is their intention in the beginning. My girls both took gymnastics at Flip & Twist and both were varsity cheerleaders. Heather works with each child and makes each one a priority. If a child does not excel as fast as another child, that is nobody's fault. All children are not straight A students. Not all childen are going to be cheerleaders. Some may be an excellent tumbler, while another child may be a great basketball player. Flip & Twist and the instructors are some of the best. If you choose to take your child somewhere else, that is your buiness, but don't get on this "Piece of Garbage" that you people call information and talk about someone's business. This type of postings is detrimental to a business and appropriate action can and will be taken against those who constantly post and speak against anyone's personality. This is a business and has to respected as same as you would want your business respected.
Mommy Too

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2010

Thanks for the information. Please lets not turn this into a bashing thread, not really interested in who is the best, I'm not trying to make a career for my child, just trying to find some activities to keep her occupied this winter. She is only 3 yrs old, and an only child, and she has no other kids to play with. I would like to get her use to social settings before she starts school. Again, thanks for the information.
Information

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2010

Judged:

Mommy Too wrote:
Thanks for the information. Please lets not turn this into a bashing thread, not really interested in who is the best, I'm not trying to make a career for my child, just trying to find some activities to keep her occupied this winter. She is only 3 yrs old, and an only child, and she has no other kids to play with. I would like to get her use to social settings before she starts school. Again, thanks for the information.
The mommy and me class at flip and twist would be perfect for your little girl. There is no pressure and honestly they are great with the little kids.
Mommy Too

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2010

Information wrote:
<quoted text>
The mommy and me class at flip and twist would be perfect for your little girl. There is no pressure and honestly they are great with the little kids.
Thanks a lot. That does sound good.
2 posts removed
Mary

Williamson, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2010

I did not start this topic to bash the owners or teachers. I don't even know who they are. I was just wondering about the pricing and the days they do beginner classes. If anyone would happen to know that info, please post it. Thanks
2 posts removed
Mother

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2010

Mary wrote:
I did not start this topic to bash the owners or teachers. I don't even know who they are. I was just wondering about the pricing and the days they do beginner classes. If anyone would happen to know that info, please post it. Thanks
I'm not sure on the days and prices but you should call them. The phone number is in the phone book. They are excellent and very experienced. That is what you want to look for when finding something like this. Experience with small kids is key. Flip and Twist has been around for YEARS!!! And they work great with girls of all levels and ages. I know someone who does the Mommy and Me and they are ALL great with the little ones!! It's only $30 a month for that class because I asked her. Make sure you look for experience though! That is very important. I know Heather takes EVERY precaution with her girls making sure their safety is number 1!! Hope this helps!
momma of a tumbler

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2010

Mommy Too wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks a lot. That does sound good.
Yes!! Mommy and Me is great!! Thats where my daughter started and loved it!!! Lots of lil girls her age having fun....who wouldn't want that! Its on Tuesdays. There are 2 classes, one at 5:15-6:00 and the other is 6:00-6:45. The price is $30 a month is totally worth it!! She is sure to have fun and you will get a workout too LOL Sometimes they like to "play" and you have to redirect them but it's totally worth it! Promise you will not be let down!!
1 post removed
Oh no

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2010

momma of a tumbler wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes!! Mommy and Me is great!! Thats where my daughter started and loved it!!! Lots of lil girls her age having fun....who wouldn't want that! Its on Tuesdays. There are 2 classes, one at 5:15-6:00 and the other is 6:00-6:45. The price is $30 a month is totally worth it!! She is sure to have fun and you will get a workout too LOL Sometimes they like to "play" and you have to redirect them but it's totally worth it! Promise you will not be let down!!
Now this is useful information....Thank you very much. I will be checking into it. Sounds like something that me and my little one will enjoy.
Hello

Belfry, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2010

I have been around both Heather and Jamie. I think Heather is absolutely wonderful with the girls. She makes sure that the kids are taught the "right" way with everything they do. They don't just go down there and jump around and not learn anything. She really surprised me with the girls. I have always went to Charleston to Maverick and loved it but the travel in the winter is for the birds. I just can't get use to Jamie at Southern Elite. She is so "thinks she rules the world" type of person and has other girls teach her gymnastics half the time. I say Heather at Flip n Twist all the way!
wondering

Williamson, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2010

I have a question for those who have been to flip & twist. My daughter is 10 years old and she isn't a cheerleader or anything. My situation is similar to the person who started this topic. My daughter can't do a cartwheel or anything. i have tried teaching her on my own but haven't had any luck. would my child be treated the same as the others, even tho she doesn't cheer and we are not going to be doing any competitions with flip and twist, etc?
mememe

Inez, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2010

I believe they would put her in a starter class. I know now there are girls older than yours and they start with the basic fundamentals of tumbling.
The instructors there teach girls the right way. I like flip & twist but to each their own.
a grateful mom

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2010

My daughter took gymnastics from Heather for many years. She is a wonderful person and is great with the kids. She taught my daughter everything she knows. When my daughter was on an all-star squad in charleston and needed certain tumbling passes or standing things, Heather would stay late just to try to help her because she knew how important it was to my daughter. I will never forget that. And it wasnt because she was making alot of money from it either...she just loved seeing the kids succeed, all of them. So you will love Flip and Twist if you take your daughter there!! And she doesnt care what school you go to, she treats every kid the same.
Well

Kearny, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2010

I agree. Heather is wonderful and really enjoys what she does. All the girls love her.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of47
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

114 Users are viewing the Logan Forum right now

Search the Logan Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 7 min George 51,729
drop a word/add a word (Jan '10) 19 min Jennifer Renee 12,279
Add a word OR drop a word (Mar '10) 22 min Jennifer Renee 1,968
DROP A Word AND ADD a word (Jan '10) 24 min Jennifer Renee 11,045
Do you Like -Kevin-? 50 min -Persephone- 1
White blazer on Stratton street 2 hr white blazer on strattont 4
how's it possible 3 hr just wondering 2
Court appearance schedule 4 hr Waitin 27
Freedom Festival 4 hr Just the music 28
mountain laurel take three 7 hr Basement 299
•••
•••
•••