New smoking policy 1/1/2010 lrmc
Ex-Smoker

Logan, WV

#43 Oct 28, 2009
First of all. Like I said before, I don't care how many showers a day you take, I don't care how many gallons of perfume you wear, after smoking all day long YOU STILL SMELL LIKE AN ASHTRAY. As far as treating smokers like 2nd class citizens, I don't think so. Half the people in my family smoke, but I don't treat them any lesser. Everyone wants to rant and rave about their 'rights'. Well, I HAVE RIGHTS TOO! I have the right to breathe clean air! I have the right to go take a piss in the hospital bathroom without the smell of crap and smoke (which is worse than crap itsself!)!!! I have a right to preserve whats left of my lungs, and I REFUSE to let YOU take them from me!!! If you want to kill yourself, DO IT ON THE SIDE OF THE HOSPITAL WHERE NO ONE WALKS!!!! MY GOD! YOU WANT RESPECT? HOW ABOUT RESPECTING THOSE WHO CAN'T BREATHE WELL? HYPOCRITES!!!!!!!!!!
1 post removed
noname

Prestonsburg, KY

#45 Oct 28, 2009
Ex-Smoker wrote:
First of all. Like I said before, I don't care how many showers a day you take, I don't care how many gallons of perfume you wear, after smoking all day long YOU STILL SMELL LIKE AN ASHTRAY. As far as treating smokers like 2nd class citizens, I don't think so. Half the people in my family smoke, but I don't treat them any lesser. Everyone wants to rant and rave about their 'rights'. Well, I HAVE RIGHTS TOO! I have the right to breathe clean air! I have the right to go take a piss in the hospital bathroom without the smell of crap and smoke (which is worse than crap itsself!)!!! I have a right to preserve whats left of my lungs, and I REFUSE to let YOU take them from me!!! If you want to kill yourself, DO IT ON THE SIDE OF THE HOSPITAL WHERE NO ONE WALKS!!!! MY GOD! YOU WANT RESPECT? HOW ABOUT RESPECTING THOSE WHO CAN'T BREATHE WELL? HYPOCRITES!!!!!!!!!!
I also have the right to not allow MY RIGHTS TO BE TAKEN FROM ME. The hospital smells like crap the sick people in there gets every staff intection we can think of and it comes from filth not smoke.
My husband got MRSA from that place 5 years ago and will die with it so who had respect for him to treat him with filth. I am in danger of getting it also because I have to care for him. A little puff of smoke will NOT kill you but the nasty filth from the employees and nasty care from filth of trash can in rooms with Gods knows what in them open for whoever enters their room to breath is called killer germs.
BTW I DO NOT STINK maybe the empolyees of the hospital needs to learn what taking a bath is and use soap and water I smell a heck cleaner than a few I smelled in that place.
try this

Madison, WV

#46 Oct 28, 2009
you know ex-smoker if you still smoked
you would`nt be saying this stuff you are the hypocrite i have been smoking 47 years cigarette companys doubled the nicotine some years back for 10 years then put it back to normal the only thing they did was settle with the cigarette companies leaving people like me out in the cold i have my own health coverage i have tried to quit many times but i cant do it dont say im weak because im a very strong person my generation grew up smoking when were gone then you can have things your way im going to start a lobby group wait and see just how powerful they become
noname

Prestonsburg, KY

#47 Oct 28, 2009
COUNT ME IN..I too grew up when smoking was cool I pay my health coverage and I am blessed smoking hasn't affected my health I also know smoking doesn't always cause cancer and heart attacks because my mother and dad never smoked and my dad died from lung cancer 49 my mom died of heart attack 48.
Ex smoker what drug did you take to become an ex smoker CHANTIX the drug that takes your mind or what did you use.
Ex smokers makes me sick thinking they are hollier than thou and that gives them the right to comdeem smokers.
WE AS AMERICAN BETTER STAND UP FOR OUR RIGHTS WE HAVE ONLY A FEW LEFT.
Clean the filth our of the hospital rooms and some of the employees so dangerous infection will stop killing people.
i know

Logan, WV

#48 Oct 28, 2009
noname wrote:
<quoted text>
When did it become illegal to go to bathroom and lock the door? How do they know I'm smoking? I enjoy a smoke while I'm peeing. I am in a private place doing my business and I have fun while I'm puffing I said before I'll smoke where I please. Security guards or cops don't scare me. For your information I am not an idiot I buy my smokes it is not against the law to buy cigrettes I WILL STAND UP FOR MY RIGHTS. Thats the problem smoker are allowing their right be taken away from them.
umm they'll smell it?.....
noname

Prestonsburg, KY

#49 Oct 28, 2009
i know wrote:
<quoted text>
umm they'll smell it?.....
i'm sure it doesn't smell as bad as the rooms the sick people lay in at that hospital
Ex-Smoker

Logan, WV

#50 Oct 28, 2009
try this wrote:
you know ex-smoker if you still smoked
you would`nt be saying this stuff you are the hypocrite i have been smoking 47 years cigarette companys doubled the nicotine some years back for 10 years then put it back to normal the only thing they did was settle with the cigarette companies leaving people like me out in the cold i have my own health coverage i have tried to quit many times but i cant do it dont say im weak because im a very strong person my generation grew up smoking when were gone then you can have things your way im going to start a lobby group wait and see just how powerful they become
Actually, you are wrong. I never had a problem with non-smokers, or their policies. I KNEW I was addicted to something quite disgusting, but I started young, and addicted I was. I can't believe ANYBODY would think it should be OK to smoke at the ENTRANCE of a HOSPITAL. My GOD, YOU SELFISH IDIOTS!
Poster Child

United States

#51 Oct 28, 2009
DocRockso wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, it is illegal to smoke in ANY health care facility, You know, like a hospital.
What about the rights of the people in the Hospital that have respiratory problems, don't they have the right to take a squirt without having to breathe in your smoke? If what you were doing wasn't wrong then you wouldn't be hiding in the bathroom like the coward you are. If you're going to stand up for your rights, why not just fire up in the hospital lobby?
Coz he's only a hero behind a locked door. He's just not met the right person yet. If he thinks he has the right to choke people with chemicals and smoke, then that other dude is right... he's an idiot!
I Know

Chapmanville, WV

#52 Oct 28, 2009
So, mainly what u are saying is the smell is making u sick..tough s***..I have walked by some ppl that make me sick , because they have not bathed .& I don't complain or tell them that they stink..I know ppl have problems with being around smoke. but Like I said , I am very respectful of that . but some ppl just like to act like they are better , just because they don't smoke...& I would not get out of breath by walking to the bridge ,walking is good for you . I pay my dr. bills . so i should be able to smoke if I want too. like i said , just give me a corner.!.or if I choose to smoke in my vechicle , that I pay for & pay taxes for & all that goes in to having my own car , then I should be able to smoke in it..GET THE POINT!!!!!!. MY CAR!!!
Imagine That

Prestonsburg, KY

#53 Oct 29, 2009
I Know wrote:
So, mainly what u are saying is the smell is making u sick..tough s***..I have walked by some ppl that make me sick , because they have not bathed .& I don't complain or tell them that they stink..I know ppl have problems with being around smoke. but Like I said , I am very respectful of that . but some ppl just like to act like they are better , just because they don't smoke...& I would not get out of breath by walking to the bridge ,walking is good for you . I pay my dr. bills . so i should be able to smoke if I want too. like i said , just give me a corner.!.or if I choose to smoke in my vechicle , that I pay for & pay taxes for & all that goes in to having my own car , then I should be able to smoke in it..GET THE POINT!!!!!!. MY CAR!!!
GET THE POINT!!!The hospital's PROPERTY your CAR is parked on JACKASS!!!!
Smoker

Gilbert, WV

#54 Oct 29, 2009
THEY HAVE A LIL GLASS BUILDING TO THE SIDE BETWEEN HOSPITAL AND KITIS OFFICE THEY SHOULD AT LEAST GIVE US THAT THEN NO OF THESE IDIOTS CANT COMPLAIN WE R BLOWING SMOKE IN THIER FACE...yOU SAY THEN QUIT WELL MAYBE U LIKE POP TO MUCH OR MAYBE YOU OVER EAT...NO THAT IS HEALTHY SO DONT CRITSIZE OTHERS FOR THIER HABITS...WE SHOULD HAVE A RIGHT TO SMOKE AND THAT LIL BUILDING IS JUST FOR THAT SO WHY NOT LET US SMOKE IN THERE?...BUT OF COURSE SOMEONE WILL COME BACK WITH A MORONIC COMMENT FOR THAT IDEA TOO
Smoker

Gilbert, WV

#55 Oct 29, 2009
OH AND I OWN MY CAR AND ILL BE DAMNED IF ANYONE WILL TELL ME I CANT SMOKE IN IT ITS NOT BOTHERING NO ONE BUT ME SO THERES A COMMENT TO YOUR STUPID COMMENT ABOUT IT BEING ON HOSPITAL GROUNDS AND IF THEY GONNA BE THAT STRICT THEN PPL LINE UP THERE WILL BE A BUNCH OF SECURITY JOBS AVAILABLE TO WATCH AND MAKE SURE NO ONE SMOKING IN THIER CARS LMAO
noname

Prestonsburg, KY

#56 Oct 29, 2009
Smoker wrote:
OH AND I OWN MY CAR AND ILL BE DAMNED IF ANYONE WILL TELL ME I CANT SMOKE IN IT ITS NOT BOTHERING NO ONE BUT ME SO THERES A COMMENT TO YOUR STUPID COMMENT ABOUT IT BEING ON HOSPITAL GROUNDS AND IF THEY GONNA BE THAT STRICT THEN PPL LINE UP THERE WILL BE A BUNCH OF SECURITY JOBS AVAILABLE TO WATCH AND MAKE SURE NO ONE SMOKING IN THIER CARS LMAO
smoke with the security guards i do
Smoker

Gilbert, WV

#57 Oct 29, 2009
lol good idea
poor babies

Logan, WV

#58 Oct 31, 2009
oh god. lets whine and bitch because you cant smoke your cancer stick right where sick and worried people have to travel through. boo hoo. poor you.. so worried about gettin that nicotine fix that you don't give two shits about the whole reason you are AT the hospital. no. damn. you're just there to stand outside the door and smoke. stupid people.
yea right

Prestonsburg, KY

#59 Oct 31, 2009
C-Ville wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, good for you. But you don't have the right to smoke somewhere where poeple (that choose not to smoke)have to smell it or inhale it. I'm not trying to argue here, but the reason the hospital probably done this is because the smokers are not abidding by the law, Staying 15 feet away from an entrance. I have allergies and get congestion and a horrible headache from smoke. Now I choose not to smoke and shouldn't have to get sick because you wanna smoke.
ANd so in honesty if they arent going to abide by the p[olicy already at hand, what makes anyone think, the new policy is goin happen..
just me

Logan, WV

#60 Oct 31, 2009
yea right wrote:
<quoted text>ANd so in honesty if they arent going to abide by the p[olicy already at hand, what makes anyone think, the new policy is goin happen..
im not...just being honest....i have always respected non smokers....i dont even smoke in my own home and i have always went to the little glass building to smoke when i have been at the hospital and now i will go to my car and smoke
noname

Prestonsburg, KY

#61 Oct 31, 2009
just me wrote:
<quoted text>
im not...just being honest....i have always respected non smokers....i dont even smoke in my own home and i have always went to the little glass building to smoke when i have been at the hospital and now i will go to my car and smoke
i'll go to the bathroom and smoke
loganite

Logan, WV

#62 Oct 31, 2009
Thats why they are making the new rules cause none of the smokers would abide by the other ones and smoke in the designated areas .They asked 15 feet away from the doors and You could still smoke I dont think that was too much to ask.So it's their own fault .Cause they think they are above laws.
my guess

Prestonsburg, KY

#63 Oct 31, 2009
loganite wrote:
Thats why they are making the new rules cause none of the smokers would abide by the other ones and smoke in the designated areas .They asked 15 feet away from the doors and You could still smoke I dont think that was too much to ask.So it's their own fault .Cause they think they are above laws.
Aint my fault i'll have fun like in high school SMOKE IN THE BATHROOM I think that would be the fair thing to do. If hospitalized you get staph infection from that hospital from filth not lung cancer from a puff of smoke.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Logan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
drop a word/add a word (Jan '10) 5 hr Maybe TT 15,623
Richard Ojeda looks down on the working man. 6 hr Nojeda 1
Wooz 6 hr Josh 31
~:Any Word:~ (Sep '13) 7 hr winner 291
Add a word (May '15) 7 hr winner 165
DROP A Word AND ADD a word (Jan '10) 7 hr winner 14,416
Add a word OR drop a word (Mar '10) 7 hr winner 4,720
ojeda passing on double yellow line 8 hr NOjeda2018 9

Logan Jobs

Personal Finance

Logan Mortgages