Logan Hospital.. Good or Bad

Posted in the Logan Forum

First Prev
of 25
Next Last
GottaBeKiddinMe

Princeton, WV

#1 Apr 13, 2007
Just wondering what everyone's thougths are?
bud

United States

#2 Jun 2, 2007
sorry
My Pick

Welch, WV

#3 Jun 22, 2007
what?
Brian L

Barnesville, OH

#4 Jun 26, 2007
Logan Regional Medical Center with their facelift and their new name...still the same old SLOW, SLOW, SLOW Logan General. You are lucky if you see a doctor at all. Usually you see some Nurse Practitioner instead. I was recently billed $248.00 for talking with Nurse Practitioner for about 45 seconds. Pityful!
Linda Logan WV

AOL

#5 Jul 17, 2007
I went to the hospital, I ended up seeing 2 of the student doctor's. They could not figure out what was wrong with me. But they still billed me over 1,000. And I was there for 5-6 hours. Even the new part they built for the emergcy room area had blood all around the floors, walls and the bed. What a shame.
brett

Charleston, WV

#6 Jul 28, 2007
what a joke of a hospital..
David

College Station, TX

#7 Aug 5, 2007
I was in the "Emergency Room" for 5 hours, slept 3 and was billed about $l,000. Don't you think that was an expensive nap?
dejsah

Charleston, WV

#8 Oct 1, 2007
the hospital is very disappointing in my book i was in a car accident recently. now my back and neck is killing me the doctor they gave me dont check my back or neck dont even write me prescriptions or nothing i need therpy for neck and back. instead he just getting paid for nothing. i guess i aint white enough to get better treatment and be rich. its so sad they need to shut the whole building down. the people in the kitchen down stairs isnt very friendly either helen, libby, rhoda have nasty attitude towards toward the public they need to be fire.they need to clean the trash in logan county including in the hospital.
steve

United States

#9 Oct 3, 2007
say what you want but the average wait at LRMC is still waaaay below the national average.
carol

United States

#10 Oct 6, 2007
dejsah wrote:
the hospital is very disappointing in my book i was in a car accident recently. now my back and neck is killing me the doctor they gave me dont check my back or neck dont even write me prescriptions or nothing i need therpy for neck and back. instead he just getting paid for nothing. i guess i aint white enough to get better treatment and be rich. its so sad they need to shut the whole building down. the people in the kitchen down stairs isnt very friendly either helen, libby, rhoda have nasty attitude towards toward the public they need to be fire.they need to clean the trash in logan county including in the hospital.
You've got to be kidding me. You think you're not white enough! This is not a racial issue. It's about poor knowledge in the care and needs of anyone, reguardless of race, creed, or color. I'm sure anyone with any sense of judgement would agree.
carol

United States

#11 Oct 6, 2007
GottaBeKiddinMe wrote:
Just wondering what everyone's thougths are?
I think it's a shame that we have such poor hospitals in our state. I know for a fact that this is the reason that some people have died. Because they didn't get the proper care that they needed. I agree with you. You're 100% right on target!
carol

United States

#12 Oct 6, 2007
brett wrote:
what a joke of a hospital..
Hey Brett, the thing is that the jokes on the patients!
steve

United States

#13 Oct 7, 2007
I have never had a bad experience there. When my grandfather was there last year his nurses were wonderful. They had some problems in the past, but still I think its still one of the best around.
billy t

United States

#14 Oct 7, 2007
I agree. Not bad at all.
Tonya

AOL

#15 Oct 10, 2007
Have you ever stopped to think about why you were in the ER for 5 hours. I'm sure that it is safe to say that if you were a critical patient you would not be in the ER for five hours. Critical patients need to come first, sure you would agree. Please take into consideration that this patient could have been a family member of yours or possibly even yourself. The ER staff could have been working on someone from an MVA,gun shot wound, stabbing,....Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think most people would agree with me. I would rather wait a little longer and know that someone in a lifethreatening situation was being taken care of. Hope your next ER visit is more pleasant, but please try to be patient. No matter how bad things seem it can always be worse.

“God Save America ”

Level 2

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#16 Oct 16, 2007
Apparently you aren't aware of the hospital's history. Just a few years back, a young woman took her husband to the ER at Logan. He was having a heart attack. Instead of taking him in immediately, he was made to sit unattended in the waiting room for a long period of time, in spite of the fact the wife begged for help. He died while sitting there, having had no medical attention. There is currently a lawsuit regarding this case.

Another case: my brother-in-law went there with chest pains and was also made to sit there for hours unattended. Fortunately, his problem must have been only a minor heart problem, for he finally left the waiting room after five hours unattended and went home. My sister had tried many times to get help for him while they waited. The doors to the Emergency Room from the waiting area were locked so no one could walk in.

The place should be investigated for the deaths that have occurred as a result of incidents such as the above ones mentioned. Anyone going to that emergency room is putting himself in jeopardy.
Tonya wrote:
Have you ever stopped to think about why you were in the ER for 5 hours. I'm sure that it is safe to say that if you were a critical patient you would not be in the ER for five hours. Critical patients need to come first, sure you would agree. Please take into consideration that this patient could have been a family member of yours or possibly even yourself. The ER staff could have been working on someone from an MVA,gun shot wound, stabbing,....Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think most people would agree with me. I would rather wait a little longer and know that someone in a lifethreatening situation was being taken care of. Hope your next ER visit is more pleasant, but please try to be patient. No matter how bad things seem it can always be worse.

“God Save America ”

Level 2

Location hidden

#17 Oct 16, 2007
It is truly a shame. Hospitals in West Virginia are staffed by too many poorly educated doctors who aren't qualified to do their jobs. If you check with the Medical Board, you will not only find outdated information but will find that many doctors haven't had adequate training such as residencies that should be required prior to licensing.

Last year I was visiting my sister in Mingo County and became critically ill. She took me to Logan hospital, then transferred me to St. Mary's in Huntington, where I was in agony for a week before being evicted with a burst instestine onto the sidewalk. They let me lie in misery while they treated me with incorrect methods, which put my life in jeopardy, then told me that I had to leave when their medical procedures didn't work. When I protested that I was too sick to leave, I was told by a surgeon, Dr. Lahiry, that I just didn't understand and I had to leave immediately. My intestine had burst because of the treatment received at St Marys. My daughter had to drive me back to Iowa, where I was taken into surgery, on the verge of dying.
carol wrote:
<quoted text>I think it's a shame that we have such poor hospitals in our state. I know for a fact that this is the reason that some people have died. Because they didn't get the proper care that they needed. I agree with you. You're 100% right on target!

“God Save America ”

Level 2

Location hidden

#18 Oct 16, 2007
Please tell me how you figure that.
steve wrote:
say what you want but the average wait at LRMC is still waaaay below the national average.
pjm

United States

#19 Jan 24, 2008
the hospital is slow. but (dr cisco) is the best.she saved my life not once but 3 times.cisco u r a great person if u read this .your first patient.lol
Just Wondering

United States

#20 Jan 25, 2008
Well how is this I went there due to having a miscarriage. They gave me a wheelchair set by a wall in the waiting room while I held the baby and told me it wasn't an emergency cause I was bleeding enough to call it an emergency. Then in shock of it all I sat there while people walked be looking at me.. We demanded to see management, doctors etc and guess what I was called in when it was my turn.. Now I was only about four months along,however it was still my baby.I had been there at 4 am that same morning and they said the everything was fine just go home and rest. at 4 pm I lost the baby. I ask for the baby back and to some this may sound strange but I wanted to bury my baby for it was the only one I would ever have and no matter what it meant or sounded like to someone else up to the point of lossing it the baby had a heart beat and a soul. They took me to surgery and when I awoke that night they said they disguarded it cause they felt it wasn't a full term baby and THREW it out.. Did I sue NO should I have maybe, but I was in shock and was only thinking of my pain of loss not what I could get out of it... So No I can give Logan a thumbs up on treatment.. It has been almost 18 yrs and I can tell you everything about March 15th like it was yesterday..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 25
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Logan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Flip & Twist (Sep '10) 2 hr ?? 49
DROP A Word AND ADD a word (Jan '10) 2 hr Princess Hey 11,991
Verdunville fire department buy a ladder truck 2 hr hum 3
drop a word/add a word (Jan '10) 2 hr Princess Hey 13,635
Why is Travis MCcallister all of the sudden loo... 5 hr Kelly 4
Michelle marcum ?? 5 hr concerned parent 1
Aracoma Drug 7 hr joker 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Logan Mortgages