someone

Elkview, WV

#22 Mar 22, 2012
He could look into buying the old IGA building that would be a good place
Inquisitive

Hurricane, WV

#23 Mar 22, 2012
Capitalist wrote:
I have a real problem with this. Are my tax dollars being used to rebuild this place? Nothing against him ( I don't buy food there since I eat nothing but healthy food) but if this dumb guy keeps building and rebuilding in the same place that is fine but DON'T ask me to pay for it through FEMA.
If you pay for flood insurance, it is paid with your premiums and govt. moniess. However, do you really want to clean that mess up every year or other year? It gets really old and I have only lived near water for the last 3 years. But I hate it when it floods. So get over your so called tax dollars. We all pay taxes.
move to higher ground

Prestonsburg, KY

#24 Mar 22, 2012
I think the old L A liquor store would be a great place for him to move to!!!
Carl

Bridgeport, WV

#25 Mar 22, 2012
WVU wrote:
<quoted text>
how am I acting like he has done something wrong? I said I would do the same. I love valley market hope he does reopen. I was replying to the post that stated he had to pay 100,000 out of his pocket each time is bull. So next time read the post the right way!
Old timer as I am, knew it as Salty's. Fled Logan as soon as I was of age but always make trips back for Valley Mkt. Ham Salad. Always bring a big cooler w/ dry ice. It's always been a flood zone since the boulevard occupied half the river. Patsy Hatfield (Smith?) was Queen of deli. Deedee's Mom, She always could grind five really cold pounds for me. She still around?
Opinion

Logan, WV

#26 Mar 22, 2012
Inquisitive wrote:
I do not know about the DMV location but there are several places in town to lease or even buy and reestablish a place downtown to buy good deli food. With the new hotel going in and little left to buy in town except for fast food, I think it might be good for everyone all around. The town and the business could both possibly benefit.
Great idea. There's also the big state office building downtown, which would provide a big lunch crowd. A small grocery store/deli would be a welcome addition to downtown.
uh yeah

Logan, WV

#27 Mar 22, 2012
there are more buildings left empty then full in the town of logan, and i agree that that would be the best move for all concerned if he could find a location in town as there are no groc. stores in the town of logan, and lower the risk of flooding,

but yes, i heard to that he was planning on reopening, it was on the news.

as for the one worrying that he'll have to pay for the building to be reopened refurbished, whatever, are you even working?
seriously get a grip on reality.
just me

Prestonsburg, KY

#28 Mar 22, 2012
Hatfield's Market and Deli on Rt 44 near the old Ames lot has great ham and cheese salad, Chicken salad, potato salad and more. Stop in and give them a try. Very clean, fresh, and great tasting food
Another one

Warfordsburg, PA

#29 Mar 23, 2012
move to higher ground wrote:
I think the old L A liquor store would be a great place for him to move to!!!
Already in the works to turn it into a titty bar.
Inquisitive

Charleston, WV

#30 Mar 23, 2012
Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Great idea. There's also the big state office building downtown, which would provide a big lunch crowd. A small grocery store/deli would be a welcome addition to downtown.
Would be willing to drop by in town to pick up my deli meats and other things that Valley offers. Help bring people into town and serve the newest businesses coming in.
just another Mudforker

Prestonsburg, KY

#31 Mar 24, 2012
Carl,
Patsy was a great person, always had a smile on her face. Sorry to say she passed away a year or so ago. It's not the same without her at Valley Market.
jack burns

Logan, WV

#32 Mar 24, 2012
Ham salad is terrible. Use to be good but now...
looking back

Beckley, WV

#33 Mar 25, 2012
Valley Market had one of the first delies in Logan. I remember watching kroger employees on their lunch breaks walking over to valley mkt. to get their lunch. That told me a whole lot. I absolutely love the cheese spread. I live out of town now, but when I visit home I pick up a tub from time to time. One time they changed the recipe. It was not good. But now it is back as the best ever!
I hope they come back. If they move, I hope they stay close. Unless the move to my town!haha
Carl

Bridgeport, WV

#34 Mar 25, 2012
just another Mudforker wrote:
Carl,
Patsy was a great person, always had a smile on her face. Sorry to say she passed away a year or so ago. It's not the same without her at Valley Market.
Thank you Mudforker for the update. Sorry to hear that. Loved Patsy. Knew her kids well. I could be away from Logan for five years at a clip but when I stopped in Salty's, she treated me like visiting family. Some people have the gift to elevate a job seen as menial into something much more. I always saw her as an Ambassador to guests in Logan County. Feel glad that someone holds her in high esteem as I do.
WhatWhat

Elkview, WV

#35 Mar 29, 2012
the old hatfields won't be open much longer, i don't see them making it much longer. just heard that Sargents carryout, which took over cheap charlies, has their version of a deli opened up, which i think right now they only have pizza and a few other things like ham salad and such..

as for the $100,000 remark i made, i HEARD him say himself on the news, that he might consider opening back up, but i know from few sources at the top of logan, that he's done...
not-missing-ham- salad

Prestonsburg, KY

#36 Mar 29, 2012
Foodland at Chapmanville hs great WVA Ham Salad and the best fresh made fudge that i have ever ate. I have to drive a little farther but it is worth it also they don't have the red slim hamburger like some others do. For me I don't care about the drive.
abc

Elizabeth, WV

#37 Apr 16, 2012
Does anyone know if or when Valley Market will reopen?
Shopper

Peach Creek, WV

#38 Apr 16, 2012
I just spoke with him earlier today and he said hopefully in 2 weeks he would reopen, and as for moving too town I don't think it would be a good idea until the city council and the city police clean up the streets and get rid of the druggies and thugs Dollar General could be a very nice store and a good place too shop but you cannot get too the store unless someone is wanting a dollar or buy me a beer this is non-sense that the working people in town cant shop for being afraid of the street people,fo something about it city council, and city police
Factsoflife

Paintsville, KY

#39 Apr 17, 2012
Shopper wrote:
I just spoke with him earlier today and he said hopefully in 2 weeks he would reopen, and as for moving too town I don't think it would be a good idea until the city council and the city police clean up the streets and get rid of the druggies and thugs Dollar General could be a very nice store and a good place too shop but you cannot get too the store unless someone is wanting a dollar or buy me a beer this is non-sense that the working people in town cant shop for being afraid of the street people,fo something about it city council, and city police
I go to Dollar General a few times a week... I've never been asked for money. Have you been to Mt. Gay recently? That's where the hookers jump in your car if you stop at the stop sign coming out of Mudfork. I'd move downtown. IMO.
abc

Saint Albans, WV

#40 Apr 18, 2012
Shopper wrote:
Thank you!
someone who knows

Kenna, WV

#41 Apr 19, 2012
if you open your eyes up you would realie that he is goingnto reopen it or he would'nt be doing all that work to it.and im glad he keeps reopening it and it's not your tax payer dollars paying for it im sure that he as insurance.so get your facts first before getting on here and running your mouth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Logan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
DROP A Word AND ADD a word (Jan '10) 33 min Hatti_Hollerand 13,473
Sunshine Brumfield 1 hr What 6
Mack Brumfield 1 hr Big Girl 2016 58
james queen (May '15) 1 hr Big Girl 2016 8
What did Mack do this time? 2 hr Big Girl 2016 3
Add a word OR drop a word (Mar '10) 3 hr Princess Hey 3,997
drop a word/add a word (Jan '10) 3 hr Princess Hey 14,743

Logan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance