created by: Whitmanpolitics | Jan 30, 2012

Logan, WV

407 votes

Are you as sick of Major Ojeda as I am ?

Click on an option to vote

• yes, he's a braggart
  • no, he seems to want to do what is good
  • don't know him
  • the war is over for heaven's sake
  • Pop bottle caps ??

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 60 of88
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Harold T

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2012

Judged:

Isn't he spreading himself a bit thin ? First it's get rid of eyesores. Next it is pick up tires. Then the pound. Now the combat agenda. Does he not have a family life ? I would think before one goes to move on to a new bullet point, he'd finish up the things he said he would do first. It's as if he has ADHD.
Supporter

Rineyville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2012

Judged:

Harold,
He has never been the one who started the removal of the eyesores. He is just the one that started saying the the elected officials that have been talking about doing something for the last two years actually do what they said. He is picking up tires and will continue doing so in his spare time. The Dog Pound program will be ran by all of the volunteers that have already stepped forward to donate time and assistance. the combat veteran list will be mostly done by the veterans organizations. Mr Ojeda just coordinated with them to establish a central location to have people go and register themselves or their loved ones who served. The LEAD Community Organization is made up of numerous people and they have stirred up support from all over. It is not hard to accomplish all of these events when you have people who are willing to help. rather than doubt Mr Ojeda why don't you come out and meet with him in person and see how much he truly wants to do positive things for the community. It is actually refreshing to see someone return back home after being away for many years to try and bring back the positive attitude that used to be all over.
Supporter

Rineyville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2012

Judged:

Agree,
You are most likely sick because you realize that once people start cleaning up Logan you may feel the need to do so in your own backyard. many of the people that are against Mr Ojeda are only that way because they are those types that are OK to live in ther filth.
The LEAD Community Organization has started a program to assist the Logan County Pound and will save countless animals from being put to death. What is wrong with that? The LEAD Community Organization has been working to sort clothing at the New Covenant Church so that when a disaster strikes people can get the clothing that they need quickly rather than take days to sort through items. What is wrong with that? the LEAD Community Organization is all about cleaning up Logan and removing debris such as tires from the sides of the roads that really gives our communities a black eye and causes people to talk negatively about Logan County? What is wrong with that? The only thing that I see wrong is that there are people like you who come on this trashy website and throw stones at people who are trying to do good for the community. Is it that you don't like Mr Ojeda? Is it because he is educated? Are you? Is it because he has served for over 20 years for his country? have you ever gave up your time to assist others? It is truly sad when someone tries to do positive things and all they get in return is people like yourself to do nothing but throw stones and talk negative about the program. Why don't you get off of your backside and go out and try to do something positive. You might just enjoy it.
ned

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2012

L.E.A.D sounds like a bunch of land stealing crooks, stealing people's land for their big pocketed elite citizens and real estate agencies.
They found another way to line their pockets with cash.
CoraNative

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2012

Ojeda hurts animals too. I would not trust him around the pound. He shoots them with bb guns.
Really

Dunbar, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2012

Judged:

Yeah, people who want to improve Logan. I can see where you wouldn't want them here! LOL
my thoughts

Milton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2012

Judged:

Logan was put down big time by this man, and brian abraham set aside a special day for him as if he is the only one who ever served from this county. I can remember getting angry because my brother served 30 years in the marines, and was wounded three times. ONCE IN KOREA, AND TWICE IN VIET NAM. What I got so upset about, the major didn.t give anyone else credit for anything. I remember all the letters he wrote to the editor, putting our law enforcement down like they wasn't even trying to fight crime in this county. They were out putting thier lives on the line the same as him. My brother died from a brain tumor caused by agent orange. It wasn't pretty to watch. Maybe he should have tryed getting in the real action on the ground. Believe it or not I do thank him for serving, however he is not the only one.
my thoughts

Milton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2012

Judged:

I also remember telling my wife that he was setting himself up to run for some office, when he gets out of the service.
I agree

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2012

Judged:

I agree that he seems to be jumping all over the place with his ideas. Its like he's swinging and hoping he'll hit something that gives him a sense of satisfaction. I imagine he's left the military and now needs some type of ego boost. I won't forget how he talked down to people on the Logan Banner website. He was horribly rude to those who disagreed with his views. It speaks to his ability to work with people. As for LEAD have you noticed the main people are those that left the area and have now returned with an enlightened idea of how they can save Logan from their own ignorance?
Veteran

Williamson, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2012

Judged:

CoraNative wrote:
Ojeda hurts animals too. I would not trust him around the pound. He shoots them with bb guns.
They will first come for the animals, then they will come for the People.
Just me

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2012

Supporter wrote:
Agree,
You are most likely sick because you realize that once people start cleaning up Logan you may feel the need to do so in your own backyard. many of the people that are against Mr Ojeda are only that way because they are those types that are OK to live in ther filth.
The LEAD Community Organization has started a program to assist the Logan County Pound and will save countless animals from being put to death. What is wrong with that? The LEAD Community Organization has been working to sort clothing at the New Covenant Church so that when a disaster strikes people can get the clothing that they need quickly rather than take days to sort through items. What is wrong with that? the LEAD Community Organization is all about cleaning up Logan and removing debris such as tires from the sides of the roads that really gives our communities a black eye and causes people to talk negatively about Logan County? What is wrong with that? The only thing that I see wrong is that there are people like you who come on this trashy website and throw stones at people who are trying to do good for the community. Is it that you don't like Mr Ojeda? Is it because he is educated? Are you? Is it because he has served for over 20 years for his country? have you ever gave up your time to assist others? It is truly sad when someone tries to do positive things and all they get in return is people like yourself to do nothing but throw stones and talk negative about the program. Why don't you get off of your backside and go out and try to do something positive. You might just enjoy it.
I sooo agree with you...I am thrilled someone is trying to do something for Logan County and helping with the Dog Pound!!!!
knows

Inez, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2012

Ginger Willis is doing the same thing.
concerned

Kermit, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2012

First off, Mr Ojeda is still in the military people. The reason why they are able to do so much is because they have numerous volunteers UNLIKE YOU PEOPLE who are willing to get out and help do positive things. Mr Ojeda has said that he may run for office in 2016 but he wouldn't have to if people in Logan who have been elected in the past would do their job. Do you think our current sheriff has done anything over the last 8 years? If Richard doesn't get elected when the time comes I am sure he will be fine. He has two degrees and I am sure will find other employment. I am close friends with Richie and I have heard him speak at numerous veterans functions. He has always gave those veterans that have come before him all of the credit. If he is so much against the veterans from the past why is it that the veterans organizations in Logan are always talking to him. Stop throwing stones at Richie and get out and support him and his organization by getting involved with the community.
Think about it

Kermit, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2012

Those that do not understand what this man and his organization are doing will always be the ones to sit back and throw stones at them. Read a book, get educated, do something positive for your community. But just don't sit in front of your computer and throw rocks at this man and his group of people who are working countless hours (for free) to try and improve the community. Maybe the reason why they are doing so much is because there is so much that needs to be done. Blame that long list of issues on the powers that have been in office for years and have chose to overlook these issues. You cannot fix Logan from the golf course. I play, and I see our elected officials out there playing much more than I have ever seen them working.
concerned

Kermit, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2012

Judged:

My thoughts,
I just realize that a few of these comments are from you. You sound truly disgruntled that Mr Ojeda has received respect for some of the things he has done. What's wrong with that? He has four deployments to the Middle East. Your brother was wounded twice in Vietnam but Vietnam Veterans were all mistreated by America when they returned. Today America knows this and is ashamed of the way the veterans were dealt with on their return which is why today, We try and welcome all veterans home with open arms. I am assuming the event you are talking about with Brian Abraham is the day the town in Logan dedicated to Mr Ojeda when he returned home from combat after his one of his tours in Iraq. First off, Brian Abraham was not the one who did that. It was the County Commission office that gave Mr Ojeda that honor. Prove that Mr Ojeda has ever put down the law enforcement. He has said on numerous occasions that our police have their hands tied because of the regulations that make their jobs hard but he has never said they are not working hard for the communities. You say that he should have gotten into the real action well he wears hearing aides for the rest of his life due to explosions. I have seen his documentation for medals that he has earned as well that list the details as to why he received them medals and it is for being in combat. You ended your paragraph with saying "Believe it or not I do thank him for serving". No you do not. You are as ungrateful as they come. You disrespect all that he has done and you should be ashamed of yourself. If you don;t like what Mr Ojeda has done or is trying to do then step away from your computer and either get out and help him and his organization or go out and fix the problems yourself. Well, we are waiting.
1 post removed
my thoughts

Milton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2012

Judged:

Think about it wrote:
Those that do not understand what this man and his organization are doing will always be the ones to sit back and throw stones at them. Read a book, get educated, do something positive for your community. But just don't sit in front of your computer and throw rocks at this man and his group of people who are working countless hours (for free) to try and improve the community. Maybe the reason why they are doing so much is because there is so much that needs to be done. Blame that long list of issues on the powers that have been in office for years and have chose to overlook these issues. You cannot fix Logan from the golf course. I play, and I see our elected officials out there playing much more than I have ever seen them working.
I seen the mayor, the police chief, the fire chief in the ditch on route 10 picking up trash. The maj is too self centered, and likes too much attention towards himself. What has he done to deserve so much credit over all the other men and women who has served? I pick up trash off the streets all the time and put it in the trash cans, I don't want anything for it. Sometimes it's better to do things without wanting people to see what you're doing. I found out that some people noticed and stop thier car and thank me.I will say again, that I thank him for serving, however, he is not the only one.
wow

Spring Grove, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2012

Judged:

It's the schools who have asked Major Ojeda to speak to their kids. It is the church groups that participated in the shoe drives that he has done that have asked him to speak at their churches to let them know about what was actually accomplished. The major has wrote articles in the paper for many years and all of them are real issues that face Logan county. He has wrote about drugs which are an issue. He has wrote about the absence of the ROTC program which denies kids the knowledge of what many will go into after graduation, he has wrote about the lazy politicians that continue to be elected and have done absolutely nothing in return. People think he has put down Logan County citizens but he has only targeted politicians that get rich off of doing nothing for the people. He has commented on prostitution which is absolutely horrible and should never be allowed in our small town. He gets yelled at by people who hate the fact that he is not scared to speak up and say what most people are feeling. I spoke to him the other day and he actually said he was embaressed that he was getting so much publicity when the majority of the work for the LEAD organization is done by the other members of the board. Stepahanie Preece is heading up the PET Project. Ms Tomblin is working to gather the info about the resource guide, Stephanie and Ms Tomblin are the ones doing a lot of the work at the clothing sort. Major Ojeda is only able to be here on the weekends when it is time to do the projects but most of the planning is done by Steve Hall, Ginger Willis, Ms Pratt and the others. I listened to Major Ojeda speak at a veterans event that a church held. Not once did he praise anything that he has done. He spent 99% of the time paying tribute to the Vietnam Veterans, Korean War Veterans and those who served in WWII. There are a few people who do not like Major Ojeda most likely because they are lazy, check riding, nasty people who know that Major Ojeda brings ideas that if conducted would require them to get off of their backsides and cut their grass, get the junkyard off of their front lawn, tie up their 17 pit bulls they allow to run loose in the neighborhood and actually start combing their hair and wearing proper attire when going out on the town. It is easy to throw stones at people that are not understood. Logan has went so long without having people willing to get out and get dirty we don't know how to handle it. Just remember that most of the time we only see people willing to get out and get dirty when they are trying to get elected and then we don't see them again until the next election. Major Ojeda does not hide the fact that he is thinking about ruinning for sheriff in 2016. If he was anything like most of the people we have seen in the past he would have started this clean upo effort in 2015 but he chose to start it now. maybe it is because he really wants to do something positive for the community. I am trusting that he does.
Decap

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2012

I concur
look around

Yawkey, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2012

Judged:

wow wrote:
It's the schools who have asked Major Ojeda to speak to their kids. It is the church groups that participated in the shoe drives that he has done that have asked him to speak at their churches to let them know about what was actually accomplished. The major has wrote articles in the paper for many years and all of them are real issues that face Logan county. He has wrote about drugs which are an issue. He has wrote about the absence of the ROTC program which denies kids the knowledge of what many will go into after graduation, he has wrote about the lazy politicians that continue to be elected and have done absolutely nothing in return. People think he has put down Logan County citizens but he has only targeted politicians that get rich off of doing nothing for the people. He has commented on prostitution which is absolutely horrible and should never be allowed in our small town. He gets yelled at by people who hate the fact that he is not scared to speak up and say what most people are feeling. I spoke to him the other day and he actually said he was embaressed that he was getting so much publicity when the majority of the work for the LEAD organization is done by the other members of the board. Stepahanie Preece is heading up the PET Project. Ms Tomblin is working to gather the info about the resource guide, Stephanie and Ms Tomblin are the ones doing a lot of the work at the clothing sort. Major Ojeda is only able to be here on the weekends when it is time to do the projects but most of the planning is done by Steve Hall, Ginger Willis, Ms Pratt and the others. I listened to Major Ojeda speak at a veterans event that a church held. Not once did he praise anything that he has done. He spent 99% of the time paying tribute to the Vietnam Veterans, Korean War Veterans and those who served in WWII. There are a few people who do not like Major Ojeda most likely because they are lazy, check riding, nasty people who know that Major Ojeda brings ideas that if conducted would require them to get off of their backsides and cut their grass, get the junkyard off of their front lawn, tie up their 17 pit bulls they allow to run loose in the neighborhood and actually start combing their hair and wearing proper attire when going out on the town. It is easy to throw stones at people that are not understood. Logan has went so long without having people willing to get out and get dirty we don't know how to handle it. Just remember that most of the time we only see people willing to get out and get dirty when they are trying to get elected and then we don't see them again until the next election. Major Ojeda does not hide the fact that he is thinking about ruinning for sheriff in 2016. If he was anything like most of the people we have seen in the past he would have started this clean upo effort in 2015 but he chose to start it now. maybe it is because he really wants to do something positive for the community. I am trusting that he does.
This clean up effort has been going on for a long time before the maj got involved. Why don't you people who are big fans of the maj, give just a little credit to the other peole who are working so hard, hands on, not always running thier mouths like thier the only spoke in the wheel.
see it the same

Barboursville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2012

Judged:

I always thought he was self centered, even in high school. I used to try and read his letters to the editor, until they got as boring as he is. Letters to the editor should't come in book form.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of88
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

64 Users are viewing the Logan Forum right now

Search the Logan Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 20 min fitness-guru 52,051
drop a word/add a word (Jan '10) 36 min Jennifer Renee 12,312
Add a word OR drop a word (Mar '10) 37 min honeymylove 1,984
DROP A Word AND ADD a word (Jan '10) 40 min Jennifer Renee 11,071
A big week ahead for Mountain Laurel story 3 hr Ghost of Claude 2
i was adopted at a young age PLZ HELP (May '10) 7 hr I am your birth mother 50
Guess who I saw cheating on her husband today a... 10 hr WvBabeeWv 8
Nancy Baisden 16 hr Darrell N Darrell 27
Stolen Generators (Aug '12) Fri Hey 41
mountain laurel take three Fri Not over 304
Court appearance schedule Fri Billy 28
•••
•••