First Prev
of 2
Next Last
ghost huntress

Kinston, NC

#1 Jul 12, 2008
I've always heard there's a spot on 22 mine road that you can park your car and it roll up hill.....anyone done this and where's the spot?
Smokey

Marietta, OH

#2 Jul 12, 2008
Yes ive done it and its not true. If you look you can plainly see that the road is downhill. It rolls you downhill not uphill.
HoldenMan

Charleston, WV

#3 Jul 12, 2008
Take the 22 mine road exit from the 4 lane. As soon as you pull off the highway, put your car in neutral. It'll take off rolling pretty good for 20 or 30 feet and it does appear that you are rolling up a steep hill. I'm sure it is really downhill, but your eyes tell you that its definitely uphill. Very freaky. Try it!
used2BnLogan

Humble, TX

#4 Jul 14, 2008
I've done it before and it is kind of weird. There has to be something to it but it's really freaky.
Phoebe

Nashville, TN

#5 Jul 14, 2008
Yes, it does seem that you are being pulled uphill. However, my mom says that the same thing happened on the road to 22 when she was a teenager in the 1950s. Long before Corridor G and the current entrance to the mountain.
TAKIN OUT THE TRASH

Belington, WV

#6 Jul 15, 2008
It is pretty cool, even if it is a myth.
riverman

Jacksonville, TX

#7 Jul 15, 2008
it is an illusion i lived there as a child it does seem like your going up hill by looking at your surroundings but your not. on the other side going down is almost the same i can remember riding bicycles up this hill that looked super steep with no pedaling effort at all i even noticed this as a child.
Cuppy

College Station, TX

#8 Jul 15, 2008
Never tried...but I did skip school a lot and go there with friends to drink and party!
KENTUCKY GIRL

Anderson, SC

#9 Jul 20, 2008
Cuppy wrote:
Never tried...but I did skip school a lot and go there with friends to drink and party!
Me too back in the 70's a great place to party,had a lot there!!!
believe

Hurricane, WV

#10 Jul 21, 2008
you can stop on the bridge on the block before you get to the last one, before you get to the end. pull to the side of road and it happens there too. my husband said that you are headed up hill and your just rolling back down. but to me it feels like your being pulled up hill. its hard to tell but i like to think that its true. its fun just trying it.
SNB

Oakland, MD

#11 Jul 25, 2008
Mamie Thurman skeers me....
looking

United States

#12 Aug 31, 2008
looking for coal truck driver call 304 938 and 5963 or 2795 AH&T TRUCKING
loganfootballfan attic

Midland, TX

#13 Sep 26, 2008
its were the old mines is located underneath the 4lane
susie

United States

#14 Nov 29, 2008
ghost huntress wrote:
I've always heard there's a spot on 22 mine road that you can park your car and it roll up hill.....anyone done this and where's the spot?
Yeah ive done it a few times.. actually my mother and aunt and cousin went to logan the other day to wal mart and called me and asked me about it and i told them how to do it and they done it and they said it works too.. u actually do go back up the hill but... its just a gravitational pull or whatever that does it..
yup

Midland, TX

#15 Nov 29, 2008
I have done it before,it's so fun!
anonymous

Charleston, WV

#16 Nov 29, 2008
actually you come down from the actual 22 mountain and put er in neutral at the bottom almost in the road and it does pull you back up hill.
MissMamieThurman

United States

#17 Dec 1, 2008
I wish you people would stop doing this.
I'm an old woman and it is hard work pulling cars up the hill all the time.
Best wishes,
Mamie
wondering

Walker, WV

#18 Dec 2, 2008
anonymous wrote:
actually you come down from the actual 22 mountain and put er in neutral at the bottom almost in the road and it does pull you back up hill.
yep this is how i did it, and it actually does pull you up the 22 mine road a little ways.
lol

Charleston, WV

#19 Dec 2, 2008
If get out and look your accually rolling downhill,the south end of the is higher than the north end,it's just an optical illusion your going uphill when you get to the bridge and in your mind think its still uphill,had a few party's myself there in the 70's & 80's.
abc

Clear Spring, MD

#20 Dec 2, 2008
Every time I went up on 22 hill, it always pulled the girls pants down and made them ride backwards.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Logan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
th 1 min Yep 2
Single 50 min Well whoknows 3
Tre dobbins 3 hr which is why 42
Tre Donbins raped at swrj. Terrible! 7 hr Anonymous staff 4
Karma will come/ he will face God for final jud... 10 hr Karma 2
Another Nigerian at Logan High School 10 hr Former Tiger 112
Looking for male chihuahua to breed with my female (Aug '15) 16 hr Interested 21

Logan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Logan Mortgages