Prestonsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2010

Judged:

A week ago I was released from LRMC and I was on the fifth floor. I was there for about a week and I want to say that the reputation of fifth floor has changed in my perspective. The nurses are much more compassionate then I can remember being there a few years ago. They actually cared about me. They made sure I was comfortable and in no pain. I got to say when I was there three years ago, I was miserable and thirsty. I got water all the time during my stay and anything I needed they went out of there way to help me. I have to tell you though about this one girl, I don't think she was a nurse. I think she was a CNA on night shift. I think her name was Elanie. She was nicest out of everyone. I was upset about a problem I was having and she toke a couple minutes out of her busy schedule to hear about my problem and actually she made me feel better just talking about it. Not even that, there was an older lady next to me sick and she couldn't even take care of herself and that CNA,Elanie, toke care of her. Made sure she was cleaned and dry and turned. That CNA is amazing. She showed me how compassionate and caring people can be if they tried to care about other people then themselves. So I say. if your sick and need to go to a hospital here in Logan. Go to LRMC and not travel 2 hours to Charleston, because folks, we got have a good hospital right here at home with one good-hearted CNA on fifth floor, named Elanie. Sweet like the honey of hearts.
1 post removed
i agree

Switzer, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2010

Judged:

yes Elaine is a CNA, not a nurse... but she is one of the hardest working CNAs that I have ever known. She works circles around the other CNA's, and earns every dime of what she makes. And the nurses on 5th floor treat her like crap too....love her heart!
Logan gal

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2010

Judged:

Yes Elaine is a very hard worker, but the real stars on 5th floor are the NURSES. Elaine's job along with all the other hardworking aides on 5th floor is not even close to what the nurses have to do.
Anonymous

Prestonsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2010

Logan gal wrote:
Yes Elaine is a very hard worker, but the real stars on 5th floor are the NURSES. Elaine's job along with all the other hardworking aides on 5th floor is not even close to what the nurses have to do.
wow. well how bout trying to do a CNA's job.
whatever

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2010

Judged:

Logan gal wrote:
There are no "stars". It takes them all working together.
Logan gal

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2010

whiteblank wrote:
<quoted text>
wow. well how bout trying to do a CNA's job.
Been there, done that and moved on
nurse

Kermit, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2010

Judged:

I have worked with Elaine in the past and yes she is a very hard worker but she is also very immature and aggravating. She thinks her job is the most important and we all should drop everything we are doing and help her. If we dont do what she wants she runs and cries to the manager and either threatens to quit or switch shifts. Well anyways she is a great CNA but nurses wouldnt treat her like crap if she could do somethings on her own; even the simplest of tasks.
another nurse

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2010

OMG, send her to 4th floor, we would love to have her! Try doing it all on your own, you might learn to be a little more appreciative and grateful for what you have!
Whatever

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2010

another nurse wrote:
OMG, send her to 4th floor, we would love to have her! Try doing it all on your own, you might learn to be a little more appreciative and grateful for what you have!
You guys had CeCe from 5th floor and didn't appreciate all of her hard work, in fact, you ran her off.
another nurse too

Logan, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2010

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
You guys had CeCe from 5th floor and didn't appreciate all of her hard work, in fact, you ran her off.
no in fact they had her fired!!! besides nobody want to be pulled to 4th because they treat everyone awful that is pulled. it doesnt matter though we are all there to take care of people no matter what, time to grow up and take the job seriously.
haha

Belfry, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2010

looks like we're starting the battle of the floors...lol
ROFL

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2010

Judged:

sounds to me like some of the nurses on that floor are upset because they aren't gettin any kind of credit for what they do. let me tell you, 5th floor is a difficult floor to work on and all those who work there have to be able to help and be helped by eachother or you wont be able to make it through a shift. if there were less iv pain medication addicts in the logan area, there would be more time for the nurses to spend with the patients, then maybe there would be people on here and in the community saying "oh I love those 5th floor nurses, they are so compassionate and are able to sit down and talk to me for 45 minutes". i'm sure nothing has changed since i worked on 5th and as a nurse on that floor i can tell you, you're lucky to have 2 minutes to go pee. ps i'm not saying that 5th is any more difficult to work than 4th because i have been pulled down to 4th floor and it is also overwhelming.
been there done that

Logan, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2010

i agree both floors are very difficult to work!!! people who have not worked BOTH floors have no clue what a hard job it really is. people need to understand that we are doing the best we can to try and please everyone. we are only humans too>
haha

Belfry, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2010

Judged:

try working in the ER!
jane

Lenore, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2010

ROFL wrote:
sounds to me like some of the nurses on that floor are upset because they aren't gettin any kind of credit for what they do. let me tell you, 5th floor is a difficult floor to work on and all those who work there have to be able to help and be helped by eachother or you wont be able to make it through a shift. if there were less iv pain medication addicts in the logan area, there would be more time for the nurses to spend with the patients, then maybe there would be people on here and in the community saying "oh I love those 5th floor nurses, they are so compassionate and are able to sit down and talk to me for 45 minutes". i'm sure nothing has changed since i worked on 5th and as a nurse on that floor i can tell you, you're lucky to have 2 minutes to go pee. ps i'm not saying that 5th is any more difficult to work than 4th because i have been pulled down to 4th floor and it is also overwhelming.
i just dont beleive there are alot of iv pain med.addicts in logan...ppl dont get admitted to the horsepital to get pain meds do they?they have to be sick or injured to be admitted...someone shouldnt have to apologize for being in pain..GEEZ
info needed

Belfry, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2010

Judged:

5th floor sucks!
someone

Inez, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2010

I think connie Hager is the best...she really cares for everyone....she works on 5th floor and is the best nurse in the whole building
lucky

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2010

Oh Elaine, go to bed already
someone

Inez, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2010

who is Elaine???
i hate it

Logan, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2010

well, idk about the 4th or 5th floor but i know in the er and icu the nurses don't do crap but sit and talk to each other or flirt with the dr's! i have been there and seen it first hand tooo many times.... they let my friend lay there and get bed sores for a wk and i had to tell them to put medicine on her butt it was terrible it was on the way to getting infected and this in icu, i asked the nurse to come in there told her i needed to talk to her about my friend and she said just a minute after i get done with one of the other patients well i thought ok i understand then it went on n on n on and i looked out at the desk she was just sitting there talking and laughing with the other nurses,, i asked her to come in again and she said wait a min. and kept talking and talking finally i asked her to come here that i needed to talk to her and i said now and she came, then i had to tell her to put med, on her butt! i was on the verge of hitting her but i held my cool because i didn't want to get kicked out of there! and i have seen it happen in er too. that place sucks there is a few good one's there but there are more stuck up bitches that don't want to do their job but want to get a payday and let most of the patients families/friends do the work because you have to stay on them if you want anything to get done...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Logan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What happened to David Nagy 57 min Donna 10
Amy Carter is Obsessed with Bennett Hatfield 5 hr stop stir n bs april 36
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 6 hr bacon hater 57,003
Why can blacks loot and it's OK ? 7 hr Santos 13
prostitution 7 hr Santos 80
Shaun Adkins Shut Off The Power Grid 8 hr E Norma Stitz 3
Final guilty plea in Mt. Laurel case 9 hr What What What 11
Another one bites the dust in Mingo Tue Billy 7
•••
•••
Logan Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Logan Jobs