Logan Wildcat basketball
LOL2

Thurmond, WV

#21 Jan 18, 2009
LOL wrote:
You mean Bevins who lives at Chapmanville and plays at Logan?
dalton from Chapmanville area too?
Jeff R

Scott Depot, WV

#22 Jan 20, 2009
we would. because you guys wouldn't have bevins, little paul, or even sorrell. sorrell would be at TUG VALLEY! name one halfway decent player besides canada if nobody transferred in!!! NAME ONE!!!!!! FROM LOGAN!
logan resident

Lewisburg, WV

#23 Jan 20, 2009
Dalton is a very good player that originally lived in Logan and his family moved near Bevins when he was in middle school..Jeff R, now tell me how Harts would beat us in baseball?? You couldnt even beat us in basketball if you had Paul..Bevins has gone to Logan schools since his 5th grade year..Get over it!
guy

Princeton, WV

#24 Jan 20, 2009
In my opinion, Bevins is the most valuable player on the team because the kid can score everytime on the low post. But it seems like no matter how good he is doing, logan still jacks up stupid 3's. We could have beaten south charleston, but they stop goin to bevins late in the game.
Sharon Hopkins

United States

#25 Jan 20, 2009
Big D wrote:
BEVINS IS A JOKE!!!!
think what you may goofy. Bevins is a very good ball player and in case you don't know it he will break two records in his game time as having a 1,000 rebounds and 1,000 points scored. something that maybe only one or two at the most has ever achieved in the history of Logan. Now top that and tell me this kid is a joke. At least he has the guts to play more than i can say for you or if you did then why did you not break any records
take notice and a hint

United States

#26 Jan 20, 2009
Jeff Newsome wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. Imagine if half the kids from c'ville actually played there.
c'ville would have andy paul and bevins both. plus a few other kids who left. They would be the #1 AA team in the state right now!!
F***in Hatcher. Recruiting from all over the place!
maybe if you had a coach that cared about the team instead of what people want then he would have enough deacency to step down and let the school find a real coach. no he wants to pester the hell out of you parents and frankly if i had a student who wanted to play i would definetly take him somewhere else too
take notice and a hint

United States

#27 Jan 20, 2009
The Dude wrote:
Mark Hatcher's pre-game illustrated his feelings about the Williamson boy from Harts Creek.Mr. Hatcher NEVER gives that kid a positive compliment! Instead, he says good things about "his" favs. Bull Shit! If Chapmanville didn't have such pathetic coaches, that Harts boy would be there and Mr. Hatcher would be "up the Creek"!
I watch almost all the Logan games and Paul Williamson gets the shaft from the two "ball-hogging" guards. Tonight's pre-game crock of shit commentary just pissed me off and probably every other Harts Creeker.
Mr. Hatcher deserved to lose that game tonight, but not most of the players. I'm sorry about the loss for the kids, but Mark Hatcher is an egotistical pathetic coach. If folks didn't recruit for him, he's never have enough talented boys from Logan to play to win anything, and if Chapmanville had any coaches, Logan wouldn't have two of their best players this year.
get over your jealously harts creeker if you're so upset then don't come to our games go somewhere else and keep your thought to yourself
take notice and a hint

United States

#28 Jan 20, 2009
White Charlie wrote:
Hatch is a selfish [email protected]
how would you know that little [email protected]
take notice and a hint

United States

#29 Jan 20, 2009
1mfak wrote:
<quoted text>
Just isn't people from Harts that feels this way. However, I have noticed a tremendous difference in the coaching style in the last couple games. Paul is getting much more exposure. Coach knows he will have nothing next year without Paul, so he is going to try to make it work. MSA would love to have him. Could you imagine Paul and Noah together.
sorry but you need to go to some of the games because he is good but there also is afew more such as Dalton Canada Perrin and Butcher so get over it
Time Traveler

Thurmond, WV

#30 Jan 20, 2009
logan resident wrote:
Dalton is a very good player that originally lived in Logan and his family moved near Bevins when he was in middle school..Jeff R, now tell me how Harts would beat us in baseball?? You couldnt even beat us in basketball if you had Paul..Bevins has gone to Logan schools since his 5th grade year..Get over it!
Point is, what school district ( i.e. Logan High or Chapmanville) logistically, do Bevins and Dalton live in?
I believe most people here are trying to figure out which Logan High players actually LIVE in the Logan High district and haven't transfered from other school districts.
Bevins was about the slowest center I have seen is a long time during the last Logan High home game. Maybe due to being off for awhile?
Former

Fairmont, WV

#31 Jan 20, 2009
Dalton didn't transfer. He went to Logan grade, middle and now the high school. Try and understand the rules before you start bashing. Better yet, why don't you become the coach of C-ville or wherever your from and make a difference. Get over it. This is high school basketball. If you are an adult why are your worried about this anyway? You realize these are kids you're talking about. Got a problem with it? Ok Talk to Hatch or WVSSAC see where that gets you!
Wildcat

Jacksonville, TX

#32 Jan 20, 2009
This is sad. Grown people on here arguing over a school game and insulting kids by name.
Logan High should pay as much attention to academics as it does to sports. You don't have to look any further than this forum to see what a lack of a quality education can do to a community.
How many of your kids are goin pro? None, that's how many. And how many are going to be able to make it through college without an adequate high school education? Not enough of them...
The Dude

Thurmond, WV

#33 Jan 20, 2009
take notice and a hint wrote:
<quoted text>get over your jealously harts creeker if you're so upset then don't come to our games go somewhere else and keep your thought to yourself
"Jealous"? What's to be jealous of? I thought I made myself very clear in stating that I think Paul Williamson kept the Logan team in the game and actually, they'd have lost had he not played a good game.
The coach is all about himself and how "he can handle fans" and how "his boys" did a good job getting the ball to Paul. BS, in that game Paul Williamson GOT the ball himself about 85% of the time. Two of Logan's guards don't pass to him unless they have no chance to shoot themselves.
Probably Paul doesn't even care.
I go to the games to watch that Harts Creek kid. Why shouldn't I? I pay money just like everyone else from Harts. Maybe the truth bothers you a little too much? I am not the only person who notices these things. Just the only one so outspoken and specific.
Former

Fairmont, WV

#34 Jan 20, 2009
EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!
i'm not a parent and glad Im not because this is stupid. What is all this going to prove? Nothing.
Wildcat wrote:
This is sad. Grown people on here arguing over a school game and insulting kids by name.
Logan High should pay as much attention to academics as it does to sports. You don't have to look any further than this forum to see what a lack of a quality education can do to a community.
How many of your kids are goin pro? None, that's how many. And how many are going to be able to make it through college without an adequate high school education? Not enough of them...
239 - SLD

Scott Depot, WV

#35 Jan 24, 2009
bevins only had 4 points last night cuz he done played a real center but listen when i was in school we had pat beddow bevins had nothing on him bevins wont beat his records much less wyatt ables
wilddddcat

Charleston, WV

#36 Jan 24, 2009
beddow??? lol i believe bevins dressed over beddow when he was a freshman....with the 2006 team which was real good
watched the games

United States

#37 Jan 24, 2009
PB was terrible and a cry baby.
WILDCAT FAN

Princeton, WV

#38 Jan 24, 2009
First of all, I've NEVER heard Hatcher say anything negative about Paul, although he should. The boy DOES make mistakes but it seems noone wants to admit it for some reason. All Hatcher wants to do is blow smoke up his a** and give him the big head, which isn't good for him at such a young age. I think it's pretty clear who his "favs" are, and addressing this to "THE DUDE," if you were at almost every game, then I believe your comment would be much different. The 5 starters and the bench players who get floor time have alot of potential and know the game very well. They play great together and have done a great job! You have to remember that these players aren't kids who need to be told every move to make, Hatcher is there to coach them and bring out their abilities. Don't get me wrong, Hatcher has been called a joke a few times out of my mouth, it seems that he's forgotten some of his players who helped get Logan to Sate and is focusing on getting Williamson to take them there ALONE! If all the plays were revolved around getting me the ball to shoot, and I shot 100 times a game...then I, too, would have 25-35 pts. per game!!!!! As far as Bevins goes, when he's on his game and can catch the ball instead of fumbling it around with his fingers, he's a huge advantage! There are a couple of selfish players on the team, but I don't think Sorrell is one of them....as for Brantz, he does what coach wants, and thats feed the ball to Williamson or Bevins EVERYTIME!!!! Face it, that gets old and the smarter competitors will catch on and shut down our "so-called" offense. Everything aside of my personal feelings, and it's all my opinion, I believe we do have another team that can make it to State, but it's gonna take ALL of them and not only a few!!!!!!!!!! GO WILDCATS!!!:)
CAT FAN

College Station, TX

#39 Jan 24, 2009
I think Coach Hatcher does an excellent job with the talent he has. Against Princeton and South Charleston, Logan was simply overmatched in athleticism, size and overall talent and they were in both games right to the end. Yes they lost, but the only reason they were in either of the games was because of coaching! Now I dont have an answer about Veritas tonight, Logan just didn't show up to play. It looked like they left their heart in the locker room. I think they have what it takes to be a really good team, but I think that they are relying on Paul Herbert too much. He is a great player but I think the more he tries to take over the game the less flow the offense has. I think logan has overachieved the last few years and it is all because of coaching. As far as the kids transferring to Logan, any talented kid wants to play for a good coach at a good program. If you look at any good program across the state they will almost all have transfers, and always will. Coach Hatcher is the most dedicated coach that you could ask for and the main reason for the excitement back in the fieldhouse over the last few years. When people see winning and excitement at the games, you dont have to recruit, they beat the door down to get in!!!
No blinders

Thurmond, WV

#40 Jan 24, 2009
CAT FAN wrote:
I think Coach Hatcher does an excellent job with the talent he has. Against Princeton and South Charleston, Logan was simply overmatched in athleticism, size and overall talent and they were in both games right to the end. Yes they lost, but the only reason they were in either of the games was because of coaching! Now I dont have an answer about Veritas tonight, Logan just didn't show up to play. It looked like they left their heart in the locker room. I think they have what it takes to be a really good team, but I think that they are relying on Paul Herbert too much. He is a great player but I think the more he tries to take over the game the less flow the offense has. I think logan has overachieved the last few years and it is all because of coaching. As far as the kids transferring to Logan, any talented kid wants to play for a good coach at a good program. If you look at any good program across the state they will almost all have transfers, and always will. Coach Hatcher is the most dedicated coach that you could ask for and the main reason for the excitement back in the fieldhouse over the last few years. When people see winning and excitement at the games, you dont have to recruit, they beat the door down to get in!!!
I guess you also think it's ok that the coach said in his post game talk that he planned to "run off some players"? What the heck does that mean? Make the starters quit? Make the guys on the bench quit? All that makes no sense.He also talked some about the next few games in terms of those teams being difficult to beat..wrong. Has anyone ever heard of Nicholas County being a hard team to beat? Madison (for Logan), etc.
I hope Logan does win, and I hope the players get rested (not "run off"). They played played every hard Friday night and were exhausted by the 3rd overtime. Once agin, Paul Herbert KEPT them in the game. what was it again? 30+ points? Not sure about his other ststs, but he didn't shoot 100 shots. Oh!
Maybe you didn't know, but Paul Williamson was also playing with a pretty bad injury to his rib and a brace on Friday and Saturday. Seems he got hurt and had to go to the ER after the South Charleston game.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Logan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Logan and Man Consolidating 44 min Truth 32
ed white 5 hr please 5
Kim May and Johnnie Lynn 7 hr Oldclient 5
Ryan Vance and girlfriend Diana 13 hr Sally 4
Cory pearson 13 hr Hannah 15
Todd Deskins ... 13 hr Gina 18
Michelle Vance 14 hr Chris 11

Logan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance