Voter

Elkview, WV

#1 May 5, 2012
What do you guys think about him. I am deciding who to vote for and I think im going to vote for him. He gave me a flyer that says he has been a police officer for 33 years so I was thinking that he is probably the best one for the Sheriffs office.
Retired ArmyVet

Gilbert, WV

#2 May 5, 2012
Elbert Vance is a good,honest man who not only served his Country as a Soldier but also he came home to serve his community as a police officer and chief of police in Chapmanville.He has dedicated the majority of his life protecting and serving those who call for help in their time of need!! Elbert Vance as a Band of Brothers you have my vote. I call for all fellow veterans to back Elbert Vance for Sheriff!!!!

Level 1

Since: May 12

Charleston, WV

#3 May 5, 2012
yes my husband knows him all his life and he is a very honest man and def gettin my vote he knows his stuff if u do wrong he takes action he does defend the public he is not a crook hes a good hard working fair honest man
Knowhim

Ardsley, NY

#4 May 5, 2012
He's a very honest, caring person! Would be great in office
James

Elkview, WV

#5 May 6, 2012
Retired ArmyVet wrote:
Elbert Vance is a good,honest man who not only served his Country as a Soldier but also he came home to serve his community as a police officer and chief of police in Chapmanville.He has dedicated the majority of his life protecting and serving those who call for help in their time of need!! Elbert Vance as a Band of Brothers you have my vote. I call for all fellow veterans to back Elbert Vance for Sheriff!!!!

Yes. I also call on all fellow veterans to back your brother on election day.
Semper Fi

Gilbert, WV

#6 May 6, 2012
Elbert Vance has my vote and the vote of all my kin folk as members of the US Armed Forces.Good honest man,experienced in all aspects of protecting and serving his country and community!Semper Fi!!!!
just be honest

Logan, WV

#7 May 6, 2012
I will not advise anyone to vote for this man. I have remembered an incident that me and my friends had with him and when I talked to it too people that knew him they said he was known as " robocop", and went too far with abusing his position of authority. When I was younger me and my friends who were all devout Christians went to the movies at the old bowling alley at Garret's fork. While there we met some locals of champanville and they invited us to parking lot across from the local speedway to just hang out. So being young and respectful we traveled there and there were numerous other cars and people. We made it a point to turn our radio off and just talk and chat and enjoy the night. I later recalled this candidate for sheriff talking to some individuals who we were told we're bad news, and he pulled over to our vehicle. He for some reason got out and started talking how loud the music was we were playing and I showed him my keys that were in my pocket to prove it wasn't us. He seem infuriated and ask us were we from and we responded politely that we were from the Man area and thought we were just out mingling and fixen to go home. He , as a bully would do, got very aggressive and started using vulgar language at my 2 friends who for all purposes , the most devout Christians one could meet and would do anything for anyone. Then the local girls who were there spoke up and stated that we were not doing anything wrong and they didn't approve of his attitude. He then took his billy club or whatever u call it and told my friend to wipe his smile off his face. My friend always smiled that was he nature. He then got in his face and berated him. I had a bag cell phone at the time and states i was calling the state police which kinda of got his attention. He made it clear for us man people not to be hanging out in his town again. That was fine with us. We reported with our chief of police and I don't recall what came out of it. Do u want someone who bullies young adults like this that had done nothing wrong while he , ur candidate ev was talking to character of bad rep who is very large and tall, and from what i heard wanted to run us out of town cause we taking their women" lol.
just be honest

Logan, WV

#8 May 6, 2012
just be honest wrote:
I will not advise anyone to vote for this man. I have remembered an incident that me and my friends had with him and when I talked to it too people that knew him they said he was known as " robocop", and went too far with abusing his position of authority. When I was younger me and my friends who were all devout Christians went to the movies at the old bowling alley at Garret's fork. While there we met some locals of champanville and they invited us to parking lot across from the local speedway to just hang out. So being young and respectful we traveled there and there were numerous other cars and people. We made it a point to turn our radio off and just talk and chat and enjoy the night. I later recalled this candidate for sheriff talking to some individuals who we were told we're bad news, and he pulled over to our vehicle. He for some reason got out and started talking how loud the music was we were playing and I showed him my keys that were in my pocket to prove it wasn't us. He seem infuriated and ask us were we from and we responded politely that we were from the Man area and thought we were just out mingling and fixen to go home. He , as a bully would do, got very aggressive and started using vulgar language at my 2 friends who for all purposes , the most devout Christians one could meet and would do anything for anyone. Then the local girls who were there spoke up and stated that we were not doing anything wrong and they didn't approve of his attitude. He then took his billy club or whatever u call it and told my friend to wipe his smile off his face. My friend always smiled that was he nature. He then got in his face and berated him. I had a bag cell phone at the time and states i was calling the state police which kinda of got his attention. He made it clear for us man people not to be hanging out in his town again. That was fine with us. We reported with our chief of police and I don't recall what came out of it. Do u want someone who bullies young adults like this that had done nothing wrong while he , ur candidate ev was talking to character of bad rep who is very large and tall, and from what i heard wanted to run us out of town cause we taking their women" lol.
vote anyone but this man, we are still america and have a bill of rights
just be honest

Logan, WV

#9 May 6, 2012
just be honest wrote:

I understand that his supporters will gut this post from head to toe, but as an American , I respect the police to protect us not persecute us, so from those action he took, maybe in nazi Germany or communist Russia or china could that fly but not here. I am supporting any certain candidate for sheriff but I urge all voter to vote for anyone but Elbert. Again this is not personal just stating some facts that may need to be taking in consideration
truth

Washington, WV

#10 May 6, 2012
do not vote for him he has no sense of humor he is sour faced and thinks he knows it all! he has been a cop for a while he knows nothing outside of the city of chapmanville and yes I believe that story he seems shady dont vote for him not a people person at all!
NeedtoKnowMore

United States

#11 May 7, 2012
I don't know much about this guy, I need to know more.
george

Elkview, WV

#12 May 7, 2012
NeedtoKnowMore wrote:
I don't know much about this guy, I need to know more.
He is a great guy, I have known him my whole life and I look up to him. He has been a cop as long as I have known him and not a dick head cop like most are but a really good and honest one that does what is right. I would advise that you look at the true facts before letting the supporters of the other candidates sway you with false statments.
just be honest

Logan, WV

#13 May 7, 2012
>He is a great guy, I have known him my whole life and I look up to him. He has been a cop as long as I have known him and not a dick head cop like most are but a really good and honest one that does what is right. I would advise that you look at the true facts before letting the supporters of the other candidates sway you with false statments
In ur response to ur post I am just stating some facts that might be relevant to his character and morals. Granted he may have changed and seen the errors of his ways but as a fair and balanced individual I want u to take this in consideration. Why was he fired from the police department? And going back to incident I spoke of as he bullied young teens into leaving chapmanville and never coming back, why was he bragging about what he done to a well known rogue individual. A big guy u may all known in that area.
george

Elkview, WV

#14 May 7, 2012
I know nothing of the rogue big guy but as far as C-ville PD he was not fired, he simply resined because Jerry Price did not want to pay his upcoming retirment and wanted to put Jeff Dingess in as chief for political reasons. You may remember that it all happened during town elections. He was bullyed into it because they only gave him the option of resining or being fired.
just be honest

Logan, WV

#15 May 7, 2012
Once again I am not getting into political mud slinging fight with u George. I am just stating some facts about am incident that occurred to me and left several other individuals doubting their law enforcement. I am not campaigning for any one , but I know who I am not voting for, Elbert Vance. There are several other candidates on the ballots who seem more qualified and not a local bully
1 post removed
James

Ardsley, NY

#17 May 9, 2012
Logan co missed it by not voting this man in
just be honest

Lubbock, TX

#18 May 9, 2012
James wrote:
Logan co missed it by not voting this man in
no Logan got it right

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Logan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Charli Walden post magically disappeared 2 min YouAreTrulyRetarded 31
Pine street people are a pos 20 min Fanny stuff right... 2
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 27 min Old Codger 4,315
Last post wins (Feb '13) 1 hr Princess Hey 493
Married man cheats on spouse 2 hr In town 1
Patrice Mounts 3 hr Wow 5
Keep Steven Daniels away from children. 3 hr Petty 22

Logan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance