Sonya Porter

George Mathis

Ralph Rodighiero

Charles Walls

Old Timer

Paintsville, KY

#81 Feb 21, 2012
RR Suporter wrote:
Isnt Brian Abraham the county court attorney who is supposed to tell these people about the law and what Logan Co. is about to lose if these people deny the law and what the punishments are?
No, he is in private practice and has nothing to do with the county
Mickey

Nitro, WV

#82 Feb 21, 2012
nola wrote:
Is Sonya related to Alvis?
yep
Mickey

Nitro, WV

#83 Feb 21, 2012
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Just remember that Sonya or Charlie are the most qualified. I highly doubt a truck driver or a business owner would be a likely candidate to get anyone's vote. With the problems in this county we need Qualified people not people wanting to make a political career out of it at the taxpayers expense. One of them has already made his brags that taxes need to be increased!! Guess so he can give himself more money if he gets elected.
I think Charlie is the best one for the job...You guys who think Sonya is the one for the job well I think you are voteing by looks not qualifications...and we all know Ms. Porter knows how to get what she wants from men
tell all

Nitro, WV

#84 Feb 21, 2012
I agree with Mickey
skip

Brooklyn, NY

#85 Feb 21, 2012
Go, Sonya, Go
Grace

Elkview, WV

#86 Feb 21, 2012
Did Eddie get that letter or call from the feds?
RR Suporter

Elkview, WV

#87 Feb 22, 2012
RR's family says he owns most of the property in Justice addn thats why he can put all those signs up.
skdics lik espos

Charleston, WV

#88 Feb 22, 2012
secretly working for federal investigators, Esposito bribed Adkins to vote for an unidentified candidate for county magistrate in 1996, Adkins' plea agreement with prosecutors said. Esposito was then the mayor of the city of Logan, and part of one of several Democratic factions that have long dominated county politics.

After the FBI had Esposito file as a candidate in the 19th House of Delegates District, Harvey conspired with him and a second county man to bribe voters in the May 2004 primary.

With Harvey looking on, Esposito handed Ernie Ray Mangus $2,000 in FBI-supplied cash during a political rally that April, Assistant U.S. Attorney Booth Goodwin said at Harvey's hearing.

Esposito said, "Guys, buy all the votes you can for me," Goodwin told Chief U.S. District Judge David Faber.

Mangus, who is cooperating with prosecutors in exchange for immunity, split the money with Harvey. Harvey still has the $1,000 and will return it to the government as part of his plea agreement
evie

United States

#89 Feb 22, 2012
RR Suporter wrote:
RR's family says he owns most of the property in Justice addn thats why he can put all those signs up.
Well then if he owns all that then why does he want sheriff? He has all the money he needs. He is rich! He only wants it to get a political name for his self. I would not vote for him because of all the things I've been told about him.
Whoneedsaname

Columbus, OH

#90 Feb 22, 2012
Porters are bullshit too... She'll win even without law enforcement under her belt. and I hope he read this... His family ripped by friend off. 3 yrs on a court date and the man got battery... Should have been attempted murder.. And Logan knows it and it was because he's related to certain people... But voting doesn't matter here.. Is what it is
Wanda- a sad mother

Logan, WV

#91 Feb 22, 2012
Sonya will not get any votes from me ,my family, or friends, I sit and let her promise me that she would get Justice For Deea. well I finally decided that it was lie's.Justice wasn't even on her mind.and then it came down to calling her to ask her a question all she would say, YOU NEED TO TALK TO MR.BENNETT.as for my vote I do not think she deserves even 1 vote..thats only my opinion and it will never change...
Alice

Elkview, WV

#92 Feb 24, 2012
If she cant serve because of the current legal matters and they cant find another job for her why dont she quit running. How long can she say she is the chief deputy and running for sheriff? That might be hard for one to quit doing after talking so much.
RR Suporter

Elkview, WV

#93 Feb 24, 2012
When greed is the objective nothing else matters. If they got by with other crime as been suggested then what does more crime mean when you have to protect all the family jobs? I guess that has always been worth going to jail for like other Logan politicians.
marty

United States

#94 Feb 24, 2012
RR Suporter wrote:
When greed is the objective nothing else matters. If they got by with other crime as been suggested then what does more crime mean when you have to protect all the family jobs? I guess that has always been worth going to jail for like other Logan politicians.
You are supporting someone that should know first hand about that. A vote for him would sure give uncle Alvis Porter a whole lot of power once again. I think RR is supposed to be Alvis' protege'. So there I think greed and power both are driving forces.
Mary Ann

Elkview, WV

#95 Feb 24, 2012
So you think greed is his objective too? Why else would anyone making $65K on one job and $25K on taxpayers money and a real estate tycoon running into the $100ks and hauling mine machines want to be sheriff? Can anyone do better as sheriff? Why did the new Lincoln Co. sheriff quit? He said because he was in business and that was an ethics violation of state law.
marty

United States

#96 Feb 24, 2012
Mary Ann wrote:
So you think greed is his objective too? Why else would anyone making $65K on one job and $25K on taxpayers money and a real estate tycoon running into the $100k’s and hauling mine machines want to be sheriff? Can anyone do better as sheriff? Why did the new Lincoln Co. sheriff quit? He said because he was in business and that was an ethics violation of state law.
It's the greed and power that he's after. You know he's got enough money. So why else would he be? I think he needs to stick to his reg job cause he ain't qualified to be a sheriff. Does he even have a gun? Lol
clarice

Charleston, WV

#97 Feb 24, 2012
Will he have to give up his UPS job if he wins?
marty

United States

#98 Feb 25, 2012
clarice wrote:
Will he have to give up his UPS job if he wins?
Hopefully he won't win. Go Charlie!!
luke

Charleston, WV

#99 Feb 26, 2012
Is he still attending the legislature? I see him all over the place during the week.
phil

Charleston, WV

#100 Feb 26, 2012
luke wrote:
Is he still attending the legislature? I see him all over the place during the week.
I know I see him too. Prime example of our tax paying dollars at work. If he won't stay at the Capitol then you know he won't stay at the courthouse. He won't get my vote.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Logan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Single black female 43 min Sid69 8
Tre Donbins raped at swrj. Terrible! 1 hr gottdayyummm 5
Logan high football is a joke 2 hr Honest 3
Gridiron 2 hr Serious 5
Bridgett McNeely busted again 2 hr Moss Grimmick 7
hammy 3 hr lmao 4
Where's Shaun Adkins? 7 hr Blue Eyes 2

Logan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance