Romney, Ryan & Bain, OH MY !!!

Posted in the Logan Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Oct 11

Columbus, OH

#1 Aug 19, 2012
Sadly, it's only our foreign correspondents reporting on this story. Guess that liberal media can't pay any attention to this growing story concerning the Ryan Brothers, Bain Capital and some more good ole boy crony capitalism.

For once, I really would like the truth hawks to come out and report these type of stories....this is what Americans should be hearing about ....

US ELECTION: MITT ROMNEY MAY HAVE BREACHED ETHICS LAWS THROUGH COMPANY LINKED TO PAUL RYAN'S BROTHER
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/us-...
Mitt Romney may have breached state ethics laws as Governor of Massachusetts by holding a stake in a company that did lucrative work for his administration and was linked to the family of Paul Ryan, a Daily Telegraph investigation has found.

The Republican presidential candidate appears to have profited from a marketing company that was contracted by the state of Massachusetts after receiving $5 million (£3.2 million) in financial backing from Bain Capital, Mr Romney’s investment firm.
One of his vice-presidential candidate's brothers, who is a former Bain consultant, was at the time of the investment a senior executive at the marketing company, Imagitas, which was co-founded by another former Bain executive.
Both Mr Romney and Tobin Ryan, who omits his work at Imagitas from his corporate biography, also apparently stood to benefit from the $230 million (£146 million) sale of the company in 2005, while Mr Romney remained in office.
Massachusetts law requires that all state employees divest themselves of financial interests in private sector contracts with state agencies. At the time, failure to do so could have resulted in a $2,000 (£1,273) fine or a 2.5-year prison sentence. The potential punishments are now stronger.
Asked repeatedly by The Daily Telegraph throughout this week whether Mr Romney had indeed profited from the company, had been aware of the potential conflict of interest, or had taken any action to avoid one, his campaign and Bain Capital declined to comment.

The finding also sheds light on previously unnoticed connections between Mr Romney’s involvement in the private sector, government and campaign finance.

Imagitas donated tens of thousands of dollars to the Republican Governors’ Association while it was chaired by Mr Romney. A former Imagitas investor and director donates to both Mr Romney and Paul Ryan, who also received thousands of dollars in contributions from his brother Tobin.

Pro-transparency groups said that Mr Romney should have declared his interest, and lamented the cycle of cash through business and politics. Melanie Sloan, of Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, said the case showed that “the problems of money in politics are legion”.
“Mitt Romney should have been extra careful,” said Ms Sloan.“That is part of the deal in politics. This appears to be a conflict of interest, and he should have disclosed his stake in a company that stood to gain from its work for his administration”.

For three years from 1995, Tobin Ryan, who is now 47, was a senior manager at Bain & Company, the consulting firm where Mr Romney made his name. Mr Romney was at the time leading Bain Capital, the firm’s investment arm, inside the same Boston headquarters.

In March 1998, Mr Ryan left Bain to become a vice-president at Imagitas. The company had been co-founded by Tom Beecher, another former Bain consultant. Their company secured the $5 million (£3.2 million) from Bain Capital in June 2000. Mr Ryan declined to say if he was involved in the deal.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#2 Aug 20, 2012
and you are he senior advisor for the sewage cleaning plant. you know chit.

you fail, because sewage flows from each word you type.

you give advice; but are clueless to action.

Indians called that..........

all wind, no rain

Since: Oct 11

Columbus, OH

#3 Aug 20, 2012
Nice deflection, there...personal attack vs. addressing the topic....Repubs are good for that.

Inaction??? Hardly. First and best action is that I'll be using my right of voting to not let these a$$clowns into office by voting Obama/Biden 2012.....

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#4 Aug 20, 2012
Progressive Ohioan wrote:
Nice deflection, there...personal attack vs. addressing the topic....Repubs are good for that.
Inaction??? Hardly. First and best action is that I'll be using my right of voting to not let these a$$clowns into office by voting Obama/Biden 2012.....
That's OK, and I'll be using my right of voting to negate yours. Girlfriend.
Dan

Springboro, OH

#5 Aug 20, 2012
Profit is a good thing O clueless liberal.

Its time for a change and to bring real leadership to the White House.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#6 Aug 20, 2012
so you vote for a loser; and will lose election.

is it a life pattern?
Teapublican

Columbus, OH

#7 Aug 20, 2012
This is a dream ticket. With Ryan's plan to gut Medicare we can finally get off our debt free and save our children! It's time for baby boomers to do their duty instead of milking our economy dry.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#8 Aug 20, 2012
So-Sue-Me wrote:
<quoted text>
That's OK, and I'll be using my right of voting to negate yours. Girlfriend.
that's 2 of us

fire Obama

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#9 Aug 20, 2012
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Profit is a good thing O clueless liberal.
Its time for a change and to bring real leadership to the White House.
So are ethics.

Bob Taft stood before the Ohio Supreme Court and pled guilty to far less.
cmhatem

Sunbury, OH

#10 Aug 21, 2012
All of this means nothing if Romney had his holdings in a blind trust as most politicians do. The reporting is shoddy. It doesn't even make a connection. It tells when Romney left Bain but in 2000 by all accounts, even those critical of Romney, he was the CEO of the Olympic committee and NOT Governor of Mass. He Became Governor in 2002. The company was sold in 2005 but it doesn't make the connection that Romney gave a single contract to this company. In fact, information appears to confirm Romney had his finances in a blind trust and the Imgitas contract was awarded PRIOR to Romney taking office. Oh well, I'm sure you'll find something to yelp about later today.

Location hidden

#11 Aug 21, 2012
cmhatem wrote:
All of this means nothing if Romney had his holdings in a blind trust as most politicians do. The reporting is shoddy. It doesn't even make a connection. It tells when Romney left Bain but in 2000 by all accounts, even those critical of Romney, he was the CEO of the Olympic committee and NOT Governor of Mass. He Became Governor in 2002. The company was sold in 2005 but it doesn't make the connection that Romney gave a single contract to this company. In fact, information appears to confirm Romney had his finances in a blind trust and the Imgitas contract was awarded PRIOR to Romney taking office. Oh well, I'm sure you'll find something to yelp about later today.
Well, according to Romney, a blind trust is simply an old ruse--because it can be set up according to any rules that the holder wants.

If the reporting is shoddy, then the best defense is the facts, contained in the IRS filings--which Romney refuses to produce.

His behavior in withholding his tax forms during his Gubernatorial rund demonstrated a willingness to play fast and loose with the truth. He was ultimately upheld in his claim of seven year residency immediately prior. However, what he used in support of THAT claim was his position of responsibility with Bain.

However, in order to deny responsibility for plant closings and off-shoring he now claims that he wasn't in charge when those things were happening.

The American voting public is entitled to some straight answers. And coming from Romney's mouth, "trust me" is far from it.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#12 Aug 21, 2012
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
So are ethics.
Bob Taft stood before the Ohio Supreme Court and pled guilty to far less.
Bob Taft was a crook; but at least took responsibility for it.

Every single Dem spins and deflects as someone else fault.

See Obama for current fact check.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#13 Aug 21, 2012
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, according to Romney, a blind trust is simply an old ruse--because it can be set up according to any rules that the holder wants.
If the reporting is shoddy, then the best defense is the facts, contained in the IRS filings--which Romney refuses to produce.
His behavior in withholding his tax forms during his Gubernatorial rund demonstrated a willingness to play fast and loose with the truth. He was ultimately upheld in his claim of seven year residency immediately prior. However, what he used in support of THAT claim was his position of responsibility with Bain.
However, in order to deny responsibility for plant closings and off-shoring he now claims that he wasn't in charge when those things were happening.
The American voting public is entitled to some straight answers. And coming from Romney's mouth, "trust me" is far from it.
you are a moron

Obama has lied more to the people of the world, than any American President prior.

what do you care if a plant closes...you won't work, so what's the big deal?
cmhatem

Sunbury, OH

#14 Aug 22, 2012
ok, now you have to prove that Romeny gave that Blind Trust rules that violated the law. the burden is STILL on the accuser. See, that's how the law actually works. Oh, nevermind, Romney was never accused of anything. the article merely suggests Romney MIGHT...

Obama MIGHT have violated the Constitution or committed fraud. we need to see those college transcripts. Lets do things in order of occurrence Mkay? Show us the 30 year old transcripts and we'll see if we can rustle up some EXTRA tax returns. Romney has already met the requirement and provided tax returns, just not as many as YOU would like..

Location hidden

#15 Aug 22, 2012
cmhatem wrote:
ok, now you have to prove that Romeny gave that Blind Trust rules that violated the law. the burden is STILL on the accuser. See, that's how the law actually works. Oh, nevermind, Romney was never accused of anything. the article merely suggests Romney MIGHT...
Obama MIGHT have violated the Constitution or committed fraud. we need to see those college transcripts. Lets do things in order of occurrence Mkay? Show us the 30 year old transcripts and we'll see if we can rustle up some EXTRA tax returns. Romney has already met the requirement and provided tax returns, just not as many as YOU would like..

That would certainly be an interesting offer for R. to make.

Not likely to happen though.

R. is breaking with precedent for a reason.

There is not precedent re: college transcripts. And the likelihood of finding anything more tha a few giggles about grades is not very steep.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#16 Aug 22, 2012
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
That would certainly be an interesting offer for R. to make.
Not likely to happen though.
R. is breaking with precedent for a reason.
There is not precedent re: college transcripts. And the likelihood of finding anything more tha a few giggles about grades is not very steep.
really?

either you are just plain stupid. or are willing to accept a foreigner as POTUS just because he is black.

which is it?

the college records will show which grants; and how education was paid for.

the fake birth certificate proved there is something being hid.

so you want Romney to show you his tax returns.....great

50% of us wat to see if Obama can legally hold the office.

tit for tat

both need to show proof they are within the law to serve.

peroid.

Location hidden

#17 Aug 22, 2012
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
really?
either you are just plain stupid. or are willing to accept a foreigner as POTUS just because he is black.
which is it?
the college records will show which grants; and how education was paid for.
the fake birth certificate proved there is something being hid.
so you want Romney to show you his tax returns.....great
50% of us wat to see if Obama can legally hold the office.
tit for tat
both need to show proof they are within the law to serve.
peroid.
Hahaha!

Last I looked, the birthers weren't being confused with Mensa.
cmhatem

Sunbury, OH

#18 Aug 22, 2012
haha last you looked neither was the entire Democrat party. Romney has complied with election law. He was released all documentation required. Now this is about how much the opposing party feels entitled too. I believe the slogan is "a little bit more"
sure

United States

#19 Aug 22, 2012
_www.nicedaynow.com/news/us-/2 012/08/34301.shtml
Wait what

Waverly, OH

#20 Aug 23, 2012
Harry Reid - the Democrat who had activists for single-payer arrested - is the one who started this. Only some of the posters here would respect something from a man who turned his back on their party by working with a former exec of Wellpoint to develop "healthcare reform".

Harry Reid’s Wild Speculation About Mitt Romney’s Unreleased Tax Returns

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/07/...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Logan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Merry Christmas! What's your favorite memory? 20 min Pope Che Reagan C... 302
COPS lives MATTER 37 min They cannot kill ... 2
End of Life on Earth 1 hr Reality Speaks 11
CIA Torture Report Comes Out Tomorrow 1 hr Reality Speaks 341
Eric Garner died over cigarette tax enforcement. 1 hr Male 79
BLACK lives MATTER 2 hr Neutral Party 47
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 2 hr Neutral Party 4,824
Logan Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Logan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Logan News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Logan

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:01 am PST

NFL 9:01AM