Who do you favor in the Kansas govern...

Who do you favor in the Kansas governor's race?

There are 298 comments on the politix.topix.com story from Jun 17, 2014, titled Who do you favor in the Kansas governor's race?. In it, politix.topix.com reports that:

Brownback's voo doo tax scheme, return of appointing appellate judges based on patronage, his mishandling of Kansas education, and the impact on the poor from bad decisions on KanCare and the refusal to expand Medicaid is just too much.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at politix.topix.com.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#126 Jul 22, 2014
Have to agree wrote:
The rest of the states, especially those back east, thinks Kansas is dorky and stupid.
I take t his as a complete compliment as a citizen of Kansas. It is those "free thinkers" back east that are destroying our Republic. You doubt my word then look at the draconian laws they have back east and the education results because of their thinking. I would rather be "dorky" and "stupid" in their eyes and live life free. They envy our lifestyle. I know, I have been told by vendors who live back east that they envy our lifestyle out here over theirs.
ad astra

Kansas City, MO

#127 Jul 22, 2014
wally515 wrote:
<quoted text>I take t his as a complete compliment as a citizen of Kansas. It is those "free thinkers" back east that are destroying our Republic. You doubt my word then look at the draconian laws they have back east and the education results because of their thinking. I would rather be "dorky" and "stupid" in their eyes and live life free. They envy our lifestyle. I know, I have been told by vendors who live back east that they envy our lifestyle out here over theirs.
Wally , did it ever occur to you that our Founding Fathers and Framers of the Constitution were "free thinkers" ? They would be appalled by the likes of Brownback , Kobach , and the extremists in the Kansas legislature . They are like the Torries who sucked up to the King , with the Koch brothers sitting on their thrones in Wichita calling the shots.
carl the truth

Independence, KS

#128 Jul 22, 2014
Common Core standards do not detract from potential outcomes in any way. It sets achievable outcomes on an equal footing in an effort to increase competency and benchmark on a measurable universal standard. In that manner we can be assured that a high school graduate has a base of knowledge equal to peers in other places. I suspect many have not even bothered to look at what the standards say. Jeez, I hope they weren't written by the muslim brotherhood with a death panel.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#129 Jul 22, 2014
Have to agree wrote:
The rest of the states, especially those back east, thinks Kansas is dorky and stupid.
We have good people here. but when we elect a manipulator like Bronback it certainly doesn't help the case.

Location hidden

#130 Jul 22, 2014
Indy_Dick wrote:
<quoted text>Who cares what someone in New York City thinks about Kansas...anyone that would live there is several cards shy of a full deck anyway..
??? I'd move there in a New York minute if only for Indian takeout with 24 hour delivery.

Location hidden

#131 Jul 22, 2014
wally515 wrote:
<quoted text>i have complained about education in KS. I spoke out against common core as it very closely is akin to federalizing our independent system of self governing. and it lowers potential outcome. I spoke out against state funds going towards never ending increases in administration over that of the classroom. I have spoken out over ICC having to fund REMEDIAL instruction when KS USD's issue out diplomas without the skillsets actually being evident. I have spoken out on education on several occassions. If your comment was a dig on my professional abilities then so be it. Your criticism wont silence my viewpoint. Education is the bedrock cornerstone of the future of Kansas but that does not mean that we continue to double down on 52+% of our State overall budget without demanding better results. When results founder as they have from time to time then funding should reflect. KNEA is a corrupt and moral-less entity that our Teachers should look long and hard before they attach their names as members. our local USD elected officials are doing a bang up job for the most part with few exceptions. Our kids are their focus and thats the way it was intended to be. Holding them accountable as you do me is just as acceptable when we disagree on the leadership we/they provide. they key is to stay engaged and always give input, which I do as often as I can, regardless if I "missed a few days of class".
Sounded reasonable until the clueless attack on teachers' organizations came in.

Common Core is just more of the Clinton-Bush-Obama "Education by memorizing the answers to standardized test system of education."

It has its' good points but it's all smoke and mirrors, like that Michelle Rhee "education reform" crap.

However education here and elsewhere is screwed beyond all recognition if we don't stop the "creation science" garbage, "abstinence only" sex ed, and vouchers for private religious indoctrination academies.

Location hidden

#132 Jul 22, 2014
wally515 wrote:
<quoted text>I take t his as a complete compliment as a citizen of Kansas. It is those "free thinkers" back east that are destroying our Republic.
Examples please - put up or shut up.
You doubt my word then look at the draconian laws they have back east and the education results because of their thinking.
Same as above.
I would rather be "dorky" and "stupid" in their eyes and live life free.
Examples of "living free"....?
They envy our lifestyle. I know, I have been told by vendors who live back east that they envy our lifestyle out here over theirs.
What does that even mean? Old people who don't like sitting on the subway next to hip hop teens with sagging pants and playing that boogie woogie music?

Location hidden

#133 Jul 22, 2014
ad astra wrote:
<quoted text>Wally , did it ever occur to you that our Founding Fathers and Framers of the Constitution were "free thinkers" ? They would be appalled by the likes of Brownback , Kobach , and the extremists in the Kansas legislature . They are like the Torries who sucked up to the King , with the Koch brothers sitting on their thrones in Wichita calling the shots.
That's a terrible insult to the Tories to compare them to those minions of the Kochtopus.
Kooter

United States

#134 Jul 23, 2014
Brownback get's my vote (and my 4 illegitimate votes too).
just sayin

Junction City, KS

#135 Jul 24, 2014
The Kangaroo wrote:
<quoted text>
??? I'd move there in a New York minute if only for Indian takeout with 24 hour delivery.
How can we help you get going, Kangaroo?
CitizenA

Ulysses, KS

#136 Jul 24, 2014
carl the truth wrote:
Common Core standards do not detract from potential outcomes in any way. It sets achievable outcomes on an equal footing in an effort to increase competency and benchmark on a measurable universal standard. In that manner we can be assured that a high school graduate has a base of knowledge equal to peers in other places. I suspect many have not even bothered to look at what the standards say. Jeez, I hope they weren't written by the muslim brotherhood with a death panel.
That's what it says on the brochure, but in practice it becomes much less black and white. I've had two children go through the public education system here in Kansas, and while they both did well, and had GREAT teachers, an inordinate amount of time was focused simply on getting everyone to "pass the test." "No Child Left Behind" is actually doing the opposite. Through no fault of the teachers, the system lends itself to leaving the best and the brightest to muddle through. The government has effectively legislated mediocrity.
ratzz9

Haviland, KS

#137 Jul 24, 2014
Ahhh no wrote:
<quoted text>
Sebelius was hands down the worst governor in Kansas. Im doing fine and have been since Sam got the office. Of course I work and have the ability to think. Im guessing you dont.
Well that is indicative of your post so
Sebelius bad?? I guess you are forgetting Finney and Graves and... The new tax plan. You lose money in the year, you pay taxes. That doesn't work very well for businesses. The wasting money road program. Building and rebuilding roads that aren't needed/don't need it. It must be in their contract that while in office, don't ever use what little brain one has.

Location hidden

#138 Jul 24, 2014
just sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
How can we help you get going, Kangaroo?
Have your blow buddy Kobach pick my Powerball numbers and I'm outta here in a flasho and back to civilization.
KangarooCrap

Junction City, KS

#139 Jul 24, 2014
The Kangaroo wrote:
<quoted text>
Have your blow buddy Kobach pick my Powerball numbers and I'm outta here in a flasho and back to civilization.
Really Roo...just how much cash money would it take to get you back to civilization? Be realistic. You are enough of an anathema that I genuinely believe people would pay just to be rid of you.

Location hidden

#140 Jul 24, 2014
KangarooCrap wrote:
<quoted text>
Really Roo...just how much cash money would it take to get you back to civilization? Be realistic. You are enough of an anathema that I genuinely believe people would pay just to be rid of you.
Hey, I'm easy. Make an offer.
Quite the resume

Junction City, KS

#141 Jul 24, 2014
The Kangaroo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, I'm easy. Make an offer.
We had often heard that was true. I for one am surprised to read your admission.
Gohmertback

Coffeyville, KS

#142 Jul 25, 2014
The millions of Kansas lab-rats subjected to Brownie's radical Koch-kissing 'Laffer-out-loud' economic experiment don't seem too pleased with it. Might be more interesting if you could watch from somewhere else.

Location hidden

#143 Jul 25, 2014
Quite the resume wrote:
<quoted text>
We had often heard that was true. I for one am surprised to read your admission.
Who is this "We," Puss?

"Surprised at [my]'admission'? Admission of what?

Location hidden

#144 Jul 25, 2014
Gohmertback wrote:
The millions of Kansas lab-rats subjected to Brownie's radical Koch-kissing 'Laffer-out-loud' economic experiment don't seem too pleased with it. Might be more interesting if you could watch from somewhere else.
That's certainly true - somewhere with a regional executive that's not dedicated to oppression and irrational policymaking.
what

Martin, KY

#145 Jul 26, 2014
what?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Logan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why I hate Long Island with all my heart and soul (Jul '15) Jul 24 Lexus 7
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kansas (Di... (Oct '10) Jan '11 Osama bon Jovi 20
Please Pray For Bubby Frye (jerry Frye II) he w... (Aug '09) Aug '09 Pray For Bubby Frye 1

Logan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Logan Mortgages