No

Other (explain below)

First Prev
of 301
Next Last
Brownback Mountain

Durant, OK

#6350 Aug 7, 2014
Okay, Americans for Prosperity and the NRA say I can bear arms, legally. Can I also bear my butt? Would a concealed carry permit make it okay, or should I just open carry my bear butt in public? Is a bear butt more dangerous than bear arms?
criminal justice student

Great Bend, KS

#6353 Sep 3, 2014
That's all well and good and just like communisim on paper banning guns looks great. But when put into the real world fails miserably, especially in this country. This isn't Britain this is the united states if there is a demand for something there will be an overwhelming supply, no matter the laws against it. The idea that if we ban something it, just like magic goes away is idiocy at its best. Show me one high school where an 8 ball of cocaine can't be obtained within 30 minutes and ill show you a unicorn. And the idea that guns will go away over time because there won't be any new ones available is also idiotic. Think about it would it be much harder to smuggle a crate of pistols or ak's instead of a trunk full of weed or cocaine? No in fact it would probably be easier. So what inevitably happens in your no gun utopia is that only gangs, drug dealers and the muggers, rapists, and druggies that have access to said dealers and gangs have guns. Leaving the rest of society to fend for themselves and hope they can survive that 5-30 minutes it takes law enforcement to get there. That's if you were even lucky enough to dial 911 before they got to you. You think crime is bad now? Imagine a world where that mugger/rapist/robber knows for a fact, that no one but them is armed. Imagine how much simpler his job is now that he knows the best you have is a kitchen knife. Statistics prove my point look them up. Chicago is a good one look up the most dangerous cities in the us. Notice they all have incredibly strict gun laws, almost no concealed carry, and very few legal gun owners. Notice they have high levels of rape mugging and breaking and entering. Now look up the safest cities what do you notice? That's right almost no gun laws high number of concealed carry' and generally more guns than people. Isn't it weird how people are safer when on an equal playing field with those trying to hurt them? Look up how many crimes were prevented by legal gun owners last year. Bet you'll be surprised see that's the thing about this argument you argue about feelings. Saying guns are scary looking and make me uncomfortable so we should get rid of them. I state facts and figures and arguments based off real life experiences. Welcome to the real world where there are bad people willing to hurt and kill you for what you have. Idealistic ideas generally don't work, and you have to be willing to fight to protect what you love. Also i don't know where you live that you can say people that worry about their house getting broken into are paranoid. But it must be nice, because where i'm from there is a break in or robbery every week. Last month a 72 year old man was killed all they took was a T.V. And compared to some cities and neighborhoods mine is peaceful. I'll leave you with a piece from one of our founding fathers "those that would sacrifice their freedoms for promised safety deserve neither".
Sun dancer

Coffeyville, KS

#6354 Sep 4, 2014
Door King wrote:
"There is no better deterant to crime than the potential for someone having a gun and being trained to use it in defense of themselves and their property. "
How will your gun ownership keep me from smoking pot?
In addition, the quoted statement is pure and simple b.s. A well-trained and adequate police force is a better deterant than an 80-year-old huddled in his bedroom with a loaded Mega-pistol.
the 80 year old has a right to protect his own life. being old does not decrease his right to live. The reason he might be huddled in his bedroom is it is his last resort for retreat and gee the well trained police force is not there to protect him. But fear not I am sure they might be on the way.

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#6355 Sep 4, 2014
criminal justice student wrote:
That's all well and good and just like communisim on paper banning guns looks great. But when put into the real world fails miserably, especially in this country. This isn't Britain this is the united states if there is a demand for something there will be an overwhelming supply, no matter the laws against it. The idea that if we ban something it, just like magic goes away is idiocy at its best. Show me one high school where an 8 ball of cocaine can't be obtained within 30 minutes and ill show you a unicorn. And the idea that guns will go away over time because there won't be any new ones available is also idiotic. Think about it would it be much harder to smuggle a crate of pistols or ak's instead of a trunk full of weed or cocaine? No in fact it would probably be easier. So what inevitably happens in your no gun utopia is that only gangs, drug dealers and the muggers, rapists, and druggies that have access to said dealers and gangs have guns. Leaving the rest of society to fend for themselves and hope they can survive that 5-30 minutes it takes law enforcement to get there. That's if you were even lucky enough to dial 911 before they got to you. You think crime is bad now? Imagine a world where that mugger/rapist/robber knows for a fact, that no one but them is armed. Imagine how much simpler his job is now that he knows the best you have is a kitchen knife. Statistics prove my point look them up. Chicago is a good one look up the most dangerous cities in the us. Notice they all have incredibly strict gun laws, almost no concealed carry, and very few legal gun owners. Notice they have high levels of rape mugging and breaking and entering. Now look up the safest cities what do you notice? That's right almost no gun laws high number of concealed carry' and generally more guns than people. Isn't it weird how people are safer when on an equal playing field with those trying to hurt them? Look up how many crimes were prevented by legal gun owners last year. Bet you'll be surprised see that's the thing about this argument you argue about feelings. Saying guns are scary looking and make me uncomfortable so we should get rid of them. I state facts and figures and arguments based off real life experiences. Welcome to the real world where there are bad people willing to hurt and kill you for what you have. Idealistic ideas generally don't work, and you have to be willing to fight to protect what you love. Also i don't know where you live that you can say people that worry about their house getting broken into are paranoid. But it must be nice, because where i'm from there is a break in or robbery every week. Last month a 72 year old man was killed all they took was a T.V. And compared to some cities and neighborhoods mine is peaceful. I'll leave you with a piece from one of our founding fathers "those that would sacrifice their freedoms for promised safety deserve neither".
Firearm extremists think that restricting firearm ownership in any way is an infringement of their "freedoms." Another firearm fairy tale like yours above, with an anonymous, probably fictional victim who could have defended himself, if only he had had a firearm that was designed only to kill another human being. Again, no site or source is provided to support your firearm tall tale.
Jerry

Overland Park, KS

#6356 Sep 4, 2014
criminal justice student wrote:
Thankfuly, the majority of Americans agree with you.

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#6358 Sep 5, 2014
10 lost thinks a bicycle messenger are going to deliver the std medication for free to 3,000 in the pouring rain.

“Dump Brownback ”

Since: Oct 10

Junction City KS

#6359 Sep 5, 2014
Brownback Mountain wrote:
Okay, Americans for Prosperity and the NRA say I can bear arms, legally. Can I also bear my butt? Would a concealed carry permit make it okay, or should I just open carry my bear butt in public? Is a bear butt more dangerous than bear arms?
Better watch out: those scumbags who believe they are real men because they carry mechanical penis substitutes have been known to shoot people for less.
too bad

Wichita, KS

#6360 Sep 5, 2014
Alfred wrote:
<quoted text>
President Reagan was shot while in office but he didn't blame the gun for it. Besides Reagan is a part of history now, he has nothing to do with the way things are at this time. I have enough guns for now but if I see another that I like the looks of I will buy it and put it with the rest of them. And you are right about Reagan, he was Republican and a great President. As far as the Democraps go though, look at Chicago and Detroit. Democrat controlled for ever, Republicans never ever controlled either city and look at them. Chicago, the most corrupt city in the nation with one of the highest crime rates in America. Detroit, another city controlled buy the Democrats, population moving out as fast as they can afford to, empty houses, empty business buildings and the city looks like it was moved in from the middle east, a war torn city. They are bankrupt but still they want to build a new stadium for sports. Talk all you want about how great Obama is but he is a Democrat and look at the state of our country with him in charge. Remember, he came out of Chicago, he learned in Chicago, him and his cronies are ruining this country. I know you won't pay any attention to this because you are a one sided Democrat and I am A Republican. But I would bet that I have voted for more Democrat's than you have voted for Republicans...
I have never voted nor will I! They are all idiots
not my fault either

Junction City, KS

#6361 Sep 5, 2014
too bad wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never voted nor will I! They are all idiots
Nor have I. George Carlin had a great explanation for why he never did either. So don`t blame us !

“Dump Brownback ”

Junction City KS

#6362 Sep 9, 2014
If everybody in the World Trade Center had been packing that morning, they could have brought down both those hijacked jets before the allapukes could allahcrash them into the godtowers
Sun dancer

Coffeyville, KS

#6363 Sep 10, 2014
The Kangaroo wrote:
If everybody in the World Trade Center had been packing that morning, they could have brought down both those hijacked jets before the allapukes could allahcrash them into the godtowers
Although I am pro gun because I live in a world full of guns, knives, bombs, chemical warfare, drones, cops, soldiers, terriost and on and on for the life of me I can not see how a trade center full of armed people could have stopped an airliner from crashing into the building. Just saying......

“Dump Brownback ”

Junction City KS

#6364 Sep 10, 2014
Sun dancer wrote:
<quoted text>
Although I am pro gun because I live in a world full of guns, knives, bombs, chemical warfare, drones, cops, soldiers, terriost and on and on for the life of me I can not see how a trade center full of armed people could have stopped an airliner from crashing into the building. Just saying......
Do you know what "ironic" means? Hint: that post was so.
Annonymous

San Jose, CA

#6368 Sep 17, 2014
See local stories on the SUPER weird and bizarre, updated fresh every day on Buckaroo!

Since: Sep 14

Kansas City, MO

#6369 Monday Sep 29
I am concerned that 'We The People' have to show up & vote to maintain our Constitutional Right. What's wrong w/ this picture?
You best hold on to them guns, or they'll take all our Constitutional rights away!

“Dump Brownback ”

Junction City KS

#6370 Monday Sep 29
Brealor Bgone Witcha wrote:
I am concerned that 'We The People' have to show up & vote to maintain our Constitutional Right. What's wrong w/ this picture?
You best hold on to them guns, or they'll take all our Constitutional rights away!
Too late. They already hung Sacco and Vanzetti.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 301
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Logan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Our lady of Mercy Academy Jun '14 Mike Johnson 1
Temporary Tribal Tattoos Needed (Aug '11) May '14 lasereast 2
pets of the Hells angels (Nov '09) May '14 Rated X 3
Who do you support for U.S. House in Kansas (Di... (Oct '10) Jan '11 Osama bon Jovi 20
Please Pray For Bubby Frye (jerry Frye II) he w... (Aug '09) Aug '09 Pray For Bubby Frye 1
Logan Dating
Find my Match

Logan Jobs

Logan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Logan News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Logan

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]