Kansas Right to Bear Arms Question, C...

Kansas Right to Bear Arms Question, Constitutional Amendment Question 1

Created by CitizenTopix on Oct 7, 2010

3,514 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Josephine

Mount Sterling, KY

#5929 Dec 10, 2013
The Kangaroo wrote:
<quoted text>
I rated your post interesting even though from your screen name there it's hard to regard such a poster as capable of thought.
Not being familiar with the microeconomics of the region, I will assume there is validity in your anecdotal evidence. It seems reasonable that it is even though Kentucky's healthcare industry is thriving just like Tennessee's.
What is to be done? Those in the hollers and cricks of Appalachia as their major industry declines are faced with the same dilemma as starving Ethiopians faced when famine was rampant: as Sam Kinison screamed at them, "Why don't you move?" and the same applies to your homefolks. Diversify. Don't expect the powers that be to prop up an obsolete economic activity. Coal today is what the buggywhip industry was at the time of the advent of automobiles.
This is no time to cling to guns and religion, my friend. At the very least you should sack Mitch McConnell, whose primary objective of advancing plutocracy has sidelined any assistance he could offer toward inproving your economic outlook.
Democrat is not the way to vote at this point and we have a lot of acerage here why would I want to move and leave it> I am not a hilly billy gun toten bible thumping red neck . Its true I don't have a lot of education but I have done my husbands books and taxes for years . As well the collections He did the heavy equip. work and I did the rest . So I am not stupid as you try to make me out to be . We do really well my husband got out of the coal fields as the decline set in He is in gas now . The economy is bad we do well . I hate to see the miners doing so bad . I have nothing to do with the vote mine is one not many . We own too much family property to move away and to give away . The industry will get better I am sure the people are tired of the democratic failures and I am pretty sure republicans will win next and coal will run again . The epa is going after the gas fields now because they don't have coal to pick on . Its a tit for tat situation . I wont be leaving any time soon .
Josephine

Mount Sterling, KY

#5930 Dec 10, 2013
Screen names have nothing to do with intelligence o point of view .
Sixteen Tons

Junction City, KS

#5931 Dec 10, 2013
Josephine wrote:
<quoted text>Democrat is not the way to vote at this point and we have a lot of acerage here why would I want to move and leave it> I am not a hilly billy gun toten bible thumping red neck . Its true I don't have a lot of education but I have done my husbands books and taxes for years . As well the collections He did the heavy equip. work and I did the rest . So I am not stupid as you try to make me out to be . We do really well my husband got out of the coal fields as the decline set in He is in gas now . The economy is bad we do well . I hate to see the miners doing so bad . I have nothing to do with the vote mine is one not many . We own too much family property to move away and to give away . The industry will get better I am sure the people are tired of the democratic failures and I am pretty sure republicans will win next and coal will run again . The epa is going after the gas fields now because they don't have coal to pick on . Its a tit for tat situation . I wont be leaving any time soon .
Josephine , that old song is an indictment of plutocracy : Hard working folks like you and your husband being exploited by greedy mine owners and Big Coal robber barons. Coal may run again under Republican rule , but it won`t do much for the workers compared to the rich fat cats who`ve never held a shovel in their money-grubbing lives. It`s a sad state of affairs that nothing has really changed since the days of owing your life to the company store. Any improvements were because of the unions the Republicans love to hate.
Roopoop

Kansas City, KS

#5932 Dec 11, 2013
Sixteen Tons wrote:
<quoted text>the rich fat cats who`ve never held a shovel in their money-grubbing lives
Like who the Kennedys, Buffets, Gores, all of the Holywood hippocrites who make the gun kill kill kill movies and then turn around and cry about gun violence?
Bummer 38 pecent approval rating. You voted for that? Hahahahaha that is what happens when you try to contol rights. You loose.
Roopoop

Kansas City, KS

#5933 Dec 11, 2013
... Cry about gun violence during the superbowl haltime or something, careful or the dummies will kill that too.
High Toni

Manhattan, KS

#5936 Dec 11, 2013
Roopoop wrote:
<quoted text>
Like who the Kennedys, Buffets, Gores, all of the Holywood hippocrites who make the gun kill kill kill movies and then turn around and cry about gun violence?
Bummer 38 pecent approval rating. You voted for that? Hahahahaha that is what happens when you try to contol rights. You loose.
Good morning, Toni/Tony/Tone! How's it hanging, you disease-ridden puss bag?
LMAO

Junction City, KS

#5937 Dec 11, 2013
Roopoop wrote:
<quoted text>
Like who the Kennedys, Buffets, Gores, all of the Holywood hippocrites who make the gun kill kill kill movies and then turn around and cry about gun violence?
Bummer 38 pecent approval rating. You voted for that? Hahahahaha that is what happens when you try to contol rights. You loose.
Last time I checked , Obama won the last two Presidential elections and his low approval rating still tops Bush`s or Brownback`s. And nobody`s Second Amendment rights have been infringed upon , Miss Looney Tunes ! Sucks to be you.
Josephine

Mount Sterling, KY

#5939 Dec 11, 2013
Miners make the choice to work in the mines, I think its uninformed to say greedy mine owners . They are no different than us they just have money to work with to make more ,all mine company's are not out to jack up their employees . SOme look to make money the legal way without endangering the employees .
Sixteen Tons

Junction City, KS

#5940 Dec 11, 2013
Josephine wrote:
Miners make the choice to work in the mines, I think its uninformed to say greedy mine owners . They are no different than us they just have money to work with to make more ,all mine company's are not out to jack up their employees . SOme look to make money the legal way without endangering the employees .
Another day older and deeper in debt. Christmas sale at the company store. Y`all come back now , ya hear ?
Josephine

Mount Sterling, KY

#5941 Dec 11, 2013
Sixteen Tons wrote:
<quoted text>Another day older and deeper in debt. Christmas sale at the company store. Y`all come back now , ya hear ?
Guess you would have slave labor Hu Honey ? You live in a world all your own Miners here make one hundred thousand a year . Some a little more some a little less No company store . You must live in a little world all your own .
You Know Why

Junction City, KS

#5942 Dec 11, 2013
Josephine wrote:
<quoted text>Guess you would have slave labor Hu Honey ? You live in a world all your own Miners here make one hundred thousand a year . Some a little more some a little less No company store . You must live in a little world all your own .
Nope , I know the company store days are long gone . Wages have increased and so has safety. For that , you can thank unions and government regulations. It wasn`t the benevolence and caring of the rich owners and coal barons. Yet , you want to bad mouth unions and federal regulations. That`s what makes no sense, because if they could pay less and look the other way on safety violations and increase profits , they certainly would. You`re the one who`s being delusional , Josephine , dear.

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#5943 Dec 12, 2013
You Know Why wrote:
<quoted text>Nope , I know the company store days are long gone . Wages have increased and so has safety. For that , you can thank unions and government regulations. It wasn`t the benevolence and caring of the rich owners and coal barons. Yet , you want to bad mouth unions and federal regulations. That`s what makes no sense, because if they could pay less and look the other way on safety violations and increase profits , they certainly would. You`re the one who`s being delusional , Josephine , dear.
That "benevolent, caring, compassionate mining company owner" myth always makes me laugh. As you might already know, miners make what they do, due to that occupational risk vs. reward thing. Per the attached, with 27.8 fatalities per 100,000 employed, the occupation of mining is only second to the occupation of Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (mostly because the forestry occupation is often fatal to its employees), at 29.6 fatalities per 100,000 employed.

The unbridled greed of mine company owners trumped any worker safety issues, before unions and regulations tried to curb the alarmingly high job fatalities in this industry. Since then, the occupational fatality rate for miners is still impressively high. However, only a goofball would believe that the unions and the regulations were not directly responsible for saving miners' lives. I'd say miners and their families believe that they earn that paycheck every work day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Number_and_...
Uncle Sam

Holton, KS

#5944 Dec 12, 2013
Chilli J wrote:
<quoted text>
That "benevolent, caring, compassionate mining company owner" myth always makes me laugh. As you might already know, miners make what they do, due to that occupational risk vs. reward thing. Per the attached, with 27.8 fatalities per 100,000 employed, the occupation of mining is only second to the occupation of Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (mostly because the forestry occupation is often fatal to its employees), at 29.6 fatalities per 100,000 employed.
The unbridled greed of mine company owners trumped any worker safety issues, before unions and regulations tried to curb the alarmingly high job fatalities in this industry. Since then, the occupational fatality rate for miners is still impressively high. However, only a goofball would believe that the unions and the regulations were not directly responsible for saving miners' lives. I'd say miners and their families believe that they earn that paycheck every work day.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Number_and_...
And, if you don't believe that, go work in a mine and see what it's like you Blowhard.

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#5945 Dec 12, 2013
Uncle Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
And, if you don't believe that, go work in a mine and see what it's like you Blowhard.
That's all you've got, gray box? I believe miners have dangerous, tough jobs and I'm fine with them earning whatever they can to walk into one each day. I know enough about the mining industry to know that I don't want to work in one. Blowhard? LOL You might want to work on your reading comprehension skills, dude!
question

Ingleside, TX

#5948 Dec 20, 2013
Chilli J wrote:
<quoted text>
That "benevolent, caring, compassionate mining company owner" myth always makes me laugh. As you might already know, miners make what they do, due to that occupational risk vs. reward thing. Per the attached, with 27.8 fatalities per 100,000 employed, the occupation of mining is only second to the occupation of Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (mostly because the forestry occupation is often fatal to its employees), at 29.6 fatalities per 100,000 employed.
The unbridled greed of mine company owners trumped any worker safety issues, before unions and regulations tried to curb the alarmingly high job fatalities in this industry. Since then, the occupational fatality rate for miners is still impressively high. However, only a goofball would believe that the unions and the regulations were not directly responsible for saving miners' lives. I'd say miners and their families believe that they earn that paycheck every work day.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Number_and_...
Mining is not even one of the top ten deadliest. http://www.forbes.com/sites/jacquelynsmith/20...
Looks like you need to start protesting pilots and truck drivers.

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#5949 Dec 21, 2013
question wrote:
<quoted text>
Mining is not even one of the top ten deadliest. http://www.forbes.com/sites/jacquelynsmith/20...
Looks like you need to start protesting pilots and truck drivers.
The only thing that I quietly "protest" when I get home after another 10 - 12-hour work day is an occasional back ache. But if you're a protesting sort of guy, feel free to start "protesting pilots and truck drivers." Whoop de do! I provided a site, you provided a site. If you believe mining isn't an often-dangerous, labor-intensive job, worth the wages they pay, it appears that you haven't been near a mine.
CHAD ALBUS

Kansas City, KS

#5950 Dec 25, 2013
Beaner wrote:
I for one will be a yes vote.
Bunch of small minded gun fetishists and paranoid right wing nuts.,
Shinichiro Takizawa

Sendai, Japan

#5965 Jan 1, 2014
Wars, nuclear-power-plant-disasters, huge-earth-quakes and huge-natural-disasters
must occur in Japan, South-Korea, Taiwan, China, Germany and Russia now!

Wars, nuclear-power-plant-disasters, huge-earth-quakes and huge-natural-disasters in Japan, South-Korea, Taiwan, China, Germany and Russia
will cause reconstruction-demands in Japan, South-Korea, Taiwan, China, Germany and Russia!

Wars, nuclear-power-plant-disasters, huge-earth-quakes and huge-natural-disasters in Japan, South-Korea, Taiwan, China, Germany and Russia
will increase Japan's, South-Korea's, Taiwan's, China's, Germany's and Russia's domestic-demands!

Wars, nuclear-power-plant-disasters, huge-earth-quakes and huge-natural-disasters in Japan, South-Korea, Taiwan, China, Germany and Russia
will decrease supplies from Japan, South-Korea, Taiwan, China, Germany and Russia!

Japan, South-Korea, Taiwan and Germany must increase their military-vudgets and military-forces now!

Japan, South-Korea, Taiwan, British, Italy and Germany must Japan, South-Korea, Taiwan, British, Italy and Germany protect by themselves!

Remember Pearl Harbor!
Finally, Japan will be destroyed!
Japan, China, Taiwan, South-Korea, Germany and Russia are evil-fascism-communism-empires !

We are American-99%!
I love the U.S.! I love Americans!

Japan needs military-draft-wywtem in Japan of Jana now!
All Japs between the age of 18 and 27 must be drafted by Japanese-Forces now!
All Japanese-men and all Japanese-boys between the age of 18 and 27 must be drafted by Japanese-Forces now!
All Japanese-women and all Japanese-girls between the age of 18 and 27 must be drafted by Japanese-Forces now!
Uncle Sam

Holton, KS

#5968 Jan 3, 2014
Chilli J wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing that I quietly "protest" when I get home after another 10 - 12-hour work day is an occasional back ache. But if you're a protesting sort of guy, feel free to start "protesting pilots and truck drivers." Whoop de do! I provided a site, you provided a site. If you believe mining isn't an often-dangerous, labor-intensive job, worth the wages they pay, it appears that you haven't been near a mine.
Been gone on vacation but back to see the clowns are still at it. Chilli J, if you worked 10 - 12 hrs a day it would be in a bar bent over a drink. The work involved would be the lifting of that drink to your fat lips.

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#5969 Jan 3, 2014
Uncle Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
Been gone on vacation but back to see the clowns are still at it. Chilli J, if you worked 10 - 12 hrs a day it would be in a bar bent over a drink. The work involved would be the lifting of that drink to your fat lips.
More sweeping assumptions and generalizations about and labelling of me, a guy who doesn't politically goose step with you and your fellow CONs? LOL I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to study hard and work hard to succeed. I continue to work hard to stay on top. I'll hope for the best, even for you angry, bitter, envious, whiny CONs. Since you appear to be projecting your own personal problems on others, I hope you kick that drinking habit!*grin*

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Logan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
(.R ox y Bulk!!) ku*sh !! Nov 17 Mr Long Island 1
long island, a shit hole (Mar '16) Aug '16 JohnM 3
News Long Islanders had big role in pension reform push (Jun '08) Aug '16 JohnM 17
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kansas (Di... (Oct '10) Jan '11 Osama bon Jovi 20
Please Pray For Bubby Frye (jerry Frye II) he w... (Aug '09) Aug '09 Pray For Bubby Frye 1

Logan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Logan Mortgages