Art sparks memories amid dementia - B...

Art sparks memories amid dementia - Brush News-Tribune

There are 3 comments on the Brush News-Tribune story from Mar 23, 2011, titled Art sparks memories amid dementia - Brush News-Tribune. In it, Brush News-Tribune reports that:

Jan Lockard, activities coordinator at Eben Ezer Lutheran Care Center, shows the Brush Rotary Club a painting by someone with dementia as Rotarian Dan Scalise looks on.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Brush News-Tribune.

Max Wallack

Lawrence, MA

#1 Mar 24, 2011
Creative activities have been shown to extend the time at which a dementia patient can functional well in society. This is the reason I worked to develop puzzles made specifically to meet the needs of Alzheimer's patients. Some of these puzzles can be seen on my website www.PuzzlesToRemember.org .(PuzzlesToRemember is a nonprofit organization.) The puzzles receive very positive feedback. In fact, patients working on the 12 piece puzzles often gain sufficient confidence to work on the 36 piece puzzles.
Max
Kstock

Scottsmoor, FL

#2 Mar 26, 2011
This seems like a great product. I work with a lot of Alzheimer's patients and most do love puzzles. Thanks for your work on this subject.

www.florida-assistedliving.net
Jordan

Chapel Hill, NC

#3 Mar 15, 2012
I recently wrote an essay about the hypothetical possibility of art improving the lives of people experiencing memory loss, and was extraordinarily enthused to see that such things are already being done!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Log Lane Village Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Many benefits for Muslims from Ramadan fast Jun 19 Brexit 1
New Raymer Music Selection (Aug '12) Jun 4 Musikologist 15
News The Latest: Tornado causes damage in northeast ... May '16 Elizabeth 1
News First birthday-Woznick - Fort Morgan Times (Jun '10) Mar '16 jess 2
News Crime going up in Log Lane, marshal says (Dec '13) Dec '15 Star77 3
News Low turnout at Log Lane budget work session (Sep '13) Sep '13 StuckInLogLane 1
check this out! (Sep '13) Sep '13 Landon Dregrich 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Log Lane Village Mortgages