Hospital stands tall amid growth

Hospital stands tall amid growth

There are 2 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from May 31, 2008, titled Hospital stands tall amid growth. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

The county's only remaining independent hospital is pushing forward with plans to expand its emergency department and make other improvements to serve one of the state's fastest-growing regions.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

Dee

Stow, OH

#1 Jun 1, 2008
Summa has a large appetite; it just may aquire Medina General in the not too distant future.
They have money for everything but, salaries for their faithful employees. When they do give raises it's 1-3% and it's on a person to person basis; usually by a personality assessment, not on performance or merit.
I hope Medina General has other offers, though, to keep them up and running.
Robin Anderson

AOL

#2 Jun 2, 2008
Well, all the "powers-that-be" have already established beachheads in Northern Summit County, even Cleveland Clinic, I think it is, up around Twinsburg. SUMMA has already begun expanding into Portage County(Robinson Memorial). Medina County would probably be the next biggest population shift that needs served.

Wow, if the University of Akron had known this much "business expansion" was on the boards for area hospitals/corporations/conglom erates they might have squeezed more than $15 million dollars out of SUMMA for the naming rights to their football stadium's new hunk of astro-turf, eh?

Or was that the "insurance" SUMMA???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lodi Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Truck stuck in Lodi (Aug '09) Jul '17 chris 36
News Rib Fest cookin' up 10th year (May '16) May '16 cm punk 1
Edgar A . Poe (Jul '15) Feb '16 Eapoe 5
News Teens flee the scene when owner finds them in g... (Sep '09) Feb '15 Michael 2
Review: Allison Carole Storage (Jan '15) Jan '15 Rusty C 2
Review: Audio Quake Car Audio Accessories (Dec '14) Dec '14 brazisjr-75 1
News West Salem woman admits to theft from district ... (Mar '14) Nov '14 Canaan_Twp_Girl 11

Lodi Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lodi Mortgages