Ohio.com - Bargains heat up Black Friday

Ohio.com - Bargains heat up Black Friday

There are 9 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from Nov 24, 2007, titled Ohio.com - Bargains heat up Black Friday. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

While Black Friday got off to a white start Friday morning in Summit County, the cold, sometimes snowy weather didn't deter shoppers from standing in lines outside stores before the sun rose in search of low ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

Jackie

Conneaut, OH

#1 Nov 24, 2007
People are nuts.
OMG

Canton, OH

#2 Nov 24, 2007
Jackie wrote:
People are nuts.
Couldn't agree more. OMG wasn't out there yesterday. The same sales will happen again when the retailers realize that people are not spending like they think they should, and discount again. That's the real time to buy.
May FONG

Jefferson, OH

#3 Nov 24, 2007
They Should Call It GREEN Friday. Since they make more money in one day then they do in any other month. I dont see what is black about customers lining up around the block to spend money.

Since: Mar 07

Tulsa, OK

#4 Nov 24, 2007
Ol' Maxie also stayed at home. I never understood the lure of a couple of items priced very low, where several hundred people would show up to vye for. Grump is right, iff'n y'all wait a bit, the items will come down in price and be available without stayin' up all night to get it.

“Watch out, I might be angry...”

Since: Sep 07

North Ghetto Hill

#5 Nov 24, 2007
black friday is american consumerism at it's best...

i too stayed in....it's not SAFE out there on that day with people driving who have had very little sleep rushing from store to store!
People are strange

Salem, OH

#6 Nov 24, 2007
May FONG wrote:
They Should Call It GREEN Friday. Since they make more money in one day then they do in any other month. I dont see what is black about customers lining up around the block to spend money.
I see your point but, historically, the day after Thanksgiving is the day that retailers go from being in the "red" to being in the "black," on their books.
marie

United States

#7 Nov 24, 2007
The only problem with Black Friday is that most stores have 2 Day DoorBusters and the purchasing public doesn't understand that usually means "The early bird gets the worm" or the specials only last 1 day. I work in retail we shouldn't be blamed when we run out of these items. Shoppers should read all of the ads, even the fine print that says "While supplies last" "Limited quanities"
Mark Stow

Akron, OH

#8 Nov 24, 2007
The real winners are Visa and Mastercard.

Shoppers overspend and then go into shock when the bills arrive.

Merry Christmas to all.

“lightly burnt,but still smokin”

Since: Dec 06

in the corner of your mind,

#9 Nov 24, 2007
"Mark Stow"
The real winners are Visa and Mastercard.
Shoppers overspend and then go into shock when the bills arrive.
Merry Christmas to all.

you are so correct....that january statement will more than shock most....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lodi Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brad and Ashley Rastorfer Jan '18 Nomore 1
Truck stuck in Lodi (Aug '09) Jul '17 chris 36
News Rib Fest cookin' up 10th year (May '16) May '16 cm punk 1
Edgar A . Poe (Jul '15) Feb '16 Eapoe 5
News Teens flee the scene when owner finds them in g... (Sep '09) Feb '15 Michael 2
Review: Allison Carole Storage (Jan '15) Jan '15 Rusty C 2
Review: Audio Quake Car Audio Accessories (Dec '14) Dec '14 brazisjr-75 1

Lodi Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lodi Mortgages