First Prev
of 43
Next Last
Deborah Chamberlain

AOL

#1 Jul 15, 2009
Hi there! Just wanted to let everyone know we have a Garfield Twitter page now,@garfieldnj!
I would love to hear from Garfield (and surrounding areas)..follow me and tweet away! Feel free to Direct Message me about anything you find relevent to the town, I'd love to tweet about it!

Debbie
AlsoGarfield

Hoboken, NJ

#2 Jul 19, 2009
how do you feel about all the people that put Garfield down all the time. and from what I understand this town is where their bread and butter came from, I think it is pretty sad if that is all you have to do in life, these people should find another hobby
Deborah Chamberlain

Hoboken, NJ

#3 Jul 20, 2009
It bothers me.. you are so right, my friend..it is your Alma Mater. I just don't get that at all. It's very disheartening...We have so many great things going for us. For example, you can't get much better Italian food than in the little restaurants nestled in the town. Barcelona's for example. The down home warmth of that place, it's like you are relatives every time you go in. Let's see if the Little League hosting the tournament in our town sparks some interest in what the words "civic pride" means.

Since: Jul 09

Oakland, NJ

#4 Jul 20, 2009
We have also started a Group Page on Facebook titled "garfieldnj". Got some members already, some Little League postings..Would love to see more local folks on there. Who knows, you might "run into" someone on there you haven't seen in years and can get in touch with them. Look forward to seeing new faces!:)
moved

United States

#5 Jul 21, 2009
Hey AlsoGarfield...You really give yourself away as to who you are!!!! Since you are not willing to drop it...I'm game to continue. It's not the town it is some of the people that are on the take which is a shame. And it's only a few that ruin it for all. You know the 'alleged' people who cost the city quite a bit of $$$ from generation to generation to generation. Maybe it started with a Grandmother who was arrested and then maybe a (lets say son for the heck of it) then maybe yet another (3rd) generation. The poor tax payers have paid for court/jail costs in both Garfield and Bergen County, police salary, city equipment, and what ever else that involved GENERATIONS in this alleged family. It's this 'of course alleged' family that is DOING WRONG for the city. Please only feel sorry for yourself since maybe you are AwARE (wonder how) of this alleged family who I wonder if they admit where and how their bread and butter was given to them. I wonder why just to get out of 'whatever' and not be 'alleged of course' responsible for THEIR BILLS/PROBLEMS -- an/this 'alleged only' so called 'family' filed for a (for the heck of it lets say CHAPTER 11) just to get out of their responsibility...then has the ----- to talk about soneone/anyone else. I still go up there for pizza and chinese food, etc... I also enjoy my friends up there (those that are still in Garfield). It would really be a sad case if one or both of 'this alleged family' worked for the city too. Also wonder if an 'alleged' family I know went on welfare but was cut off because ''they got caught'' doing WHAT???(Oops once again I love my image #)
AlsoGarfield

Hoboken, NJ

#6 Jul 21, 2009
Hi Deborah
I also love the Italian places like Barcelona's.
I took some of my friend's there last week and they couldn't believe how much they give you to eat, we are all up there in age, so some of them took it home. I live in the area known as the " HEIGHTS" for years, so it is one of my favorite places to eat. Another good place for pizza is Rose's.
There is alot of good things going on. I think when they do the walk for cancer it is wonderful, alot of people show their support for that.
So there is alot of postive things that go on here, people should just try to see the good a town does
Deborah Chamberlain

Hoboken, NJ

#7 Jul 21, 2009
We go to Barcelona's for my organizations sit-down dinners in that little room on the right and you are right, they give us alot of food, we are always stuffed. My BF also LOVES Roses, the #10 is his favorite. I am so psyched when he brings one home..it's like a italian sub w/melted cheese.
I know folks in the heights (MacArthur, etc.)
GREAT Neighborhood. Can't wait for the Super Walmart. That'll excite this town!!
AlsoGarfield

Hoboken, NJ

#8 Jul 21, 2009
Deborah Chamberlain wrote:
We go to Barcelona's for my organizations sit-down dinners in that little room on the right and you are right, they give us alot of food, we are always stuffed. My BF also LOVES Roses, the #10 is his favorite. I am so psyched when he brings one home..it's like a italian sub w/melted cheese.
I know folks in the heights (MacArthur, etc.)
GREAT Neighborhood. Can't wait for the Super Walmart. That'll excite this town!!
I have lived in the Heights most of my life. It is like family there, I have alot of friends still there. We are getting older now but still have time to do things together. Most of us are retired, so we get to enjoy things more now.
I love Clydes Italian ices. I took some of my friends that don't live around here there and they loved it. I hope none of these places go out of business, people are like family in them, they treat everybody like they have known them all their life. The Walmart will be great. Where again are they going to make it? I know they were talking about a few different places, It is really going to make a difference in town when it gets going.
moved

United States

#9 Jul 22, 2009
The heights is a totally different area then 'some of the other areas'. It was brought out that some people don't know/remember where there bread was buttered. Hello!!! That is for people who were on the take and worked for the city. I have never worked for the city. I have only given...never taken...from Garfield. There was a time I paid 2 tax bills every quarter. But it was time...due to 'my neighborhood' to move on to a quieter, cleaner,'normal'(non abbott) community where everyone pays their fair share and the state doesn't have to step in with 'Mr Abbott'.

Oakland, NJ

#10 Jul 22, 2009
Hey Guys..if anyone would like to chat "off the books" about Garfield, My email is garfieldnj@gmail.com

La nostra bella cittadina di Garfield
fla

United States

#12 Aug 25, 2009
Hi Debbie: I am originally from Garfield but about 20 years ago my family and I moved to northern Fla. At first I hated it but I guess I'm getting used to it. But the thing I miss most is Barcelona's pizza and mussels!!!!! Can't get any good pizza down here. Saw the pictures of the "pump house", what a difference. I really miss the people and wish I stayed in contact with them.
garfieldnj

Oakland, NJ

#13 Aug 25, 2009
Hi Debbie: I am originally from Garfield but about 20 years ago my family and I moved to northern Fla.

I can understand how you miss Garfield's Italian Roots. Barcelona's has the best food and I love the warmth and ambiance like you are "la Famiglia". We have alot of our Unico functions there..I love the way they have Louie Prima playing in the background on the jukebox..When you go outside anywhere of this area, they just can't get the Italian food right..or BAGELS!! lol
another garfield

United States

#14 Aug 25, 2009
moved wrote:
Hey AlsoGarfield...You really give yourself away as to who you are!!!! Since you are not willing to drop it...I'm game to continue. It's not the town it is some of the people that are on the take which is a shame. And it's only a few that ruin it for all. You know the 'alleged' people who cost the city quite a bit of $$$ from generation to generation to generation. Maybe it started with a Grandmother who was arrested and then maybe a (lets say son for the heck of it) then maybe yet another (3rd) generation. The poor tax payers have paid for court/jail costs in both Garfield and Bergen County, police salary, city equipment, and what ever else that involved GENERATIONS in this alleged family. It's this 'of course alleged' family that is DOING WRONG for the city. Please only feel sorry for yourself since maybe you are AwARE (wonder how) of this alleged family who I wonder if they admit where and how their bread and butter was given to them. I wonder why just to get out of 'whatever' and not be 'alleged of course' responsible for THEIR BILLS/PROBLEMS -- an/this 'alleged only' so called 'family' filed for a (for the heck of it lets say CHAPTER 11) just to get out of their responsibility...then has the ----- to talk about soneone/anyone else. I still go up there for pizza and chinese food, etc... I also enjoy my friends up there (those that are still in Garfield). It would really be a sad case if one or both of 'this alleged family' worked for the city too. Also wonder if an 'alleged' family I know went on welfare but was cut off because ''they got caught'' doing WHAT???(Oops once again I love my image #)
These people sound like they belong in outer space. Apparently they are from generations of Garfild's best.
the graduate 1961

Catonsville, MD

#15 Aug 25, 2009
Barcelonas is nice but the last time i went there it was like a time warp from the 50's
garfieldnj

Oakland, NJ

#16 Aug 26, 2009
lol to "the graduate 1961"..I was thinking 60's..They definitely need some reno's. But the lollipops are cool ;)
fla

Lake Panasoffkee, FL

#17 Aug 26, 2009
You're right about the pizza and bagels. I remember when I was a kid, my parents would drive to passiac and get them hot. My father used to coach the "Babe Ruth League", is that still going?

Hoboken, NJ

#18 Aug 31, 2009
Babe Ruth League is still around..someone just told me on my garfieldnj site to check out Santoni's, that they had the best pie. I am going to have to just go to place to place and try them all!lol..Garfield has so many pizzerias!

Hoboken, NJ

#19 Sep 6, 2009
Please, all negative posts are not welcome on this topic..Please keep it light and positive. This thread is not for political views, only happy memories is welcome..Thanks

This thread is not a sounding board for negative comments..see what everyone else is writing about? Barcelona's, Clydes? Please find somewhere else to Trash Garfield

Thanks Everyone!
fla

Lake Panasoffkee, FL

#20 Sep 6, 2009
I was just telling my son about this Garfield site. Before we moved away his best friend was Glen Mati. I believe his father is a Captain for the Garfield Police Department. Does anyone know how he could get in touch with his old friend??
viktor

Catonsville, MD

#21 Sep 8, 2009
yea he could get in trouble and get arrested and see glen at the police station.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 43
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lodi Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amber Marchese defends hubby after Dina Manzo t... 16 hr cringing italo-am... 1
Sickout To Close Garfield Schools Thursday (Feb '08) 17 hr moved 57
Review: Tirepool LLC Tue Laura 6
Man Arrested for Alleged Liquor Theft of Food B... (Jul '12) Tue Prof Freud 34
DePiero Farm trial to resume next month Sep 13 Worldczar 2
Prosecution opens sex assault trial against Bar... (Feb '10) Aug '14 Free 20
Elmwood Park police blotter (Jul '11) Jun '14 Barry Soetoro 60
•••

Lodi News Video

•••