Facebook posts: 'Less than 2 percent ...

Facebook posts: 'Less than 2 percent of illegals are picking...

There are 12 comments on the PolitiFact story from Jun 20, 2012, titled Facebook posts: 'Less than 2 percent of illegals are picking.... In it, PolitiFact reports that:

Hector Sanchez picks cherries at Rutledge Farms in Lodi, California, on May 31, 2012.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at PolitiFact.

Disgusting

De Soto, KS

#1 Jun 20, 2012
2% picking cherries, while 41% are on welfare.
Free is free

Albuquerque, NM

#2 Jun 20, 2012
There it is. I can't wait until we start tallying up what illegal aliens are really costing us. The backlash will be horrendous.

Since: Apr 10

Houston, TX

#5 Jun 20, 2012
"This statistic addresses households headed by an illegal immigrant. However, many of these households include American citizens within the family, often children who were born in the United States and who received citizenship at birth. Indeed, given the web of restrictions on the granting of government benefits to illegal immigrants, most of the "welfare" benefits being counted in the CIS table are going to citizen children, not to adult illegal immigrants. Indeed, the government is responsible for checking the immigration status of people receiving benefits."

Welfare is going to illegal aliens and children of illegal aliens be they US citizens or not.

Children who have no connection to the country other than their parents snuck across the border.

This is why the 14th amendment must be closed down.

Since: Apr 10

Houston, TX

#6 Jun 20, 2012
buddy wrote:
Hell leave them alone there just doing the shit job all of us lazy American don't want to do we can't work in less we get 20 dollors hours before long we are going to be united state of Mexico and that the truth
It's illegal for them to be working here. Illegals don't have any regard for the law. No wonder they flee their country and bring their rotten culture here.
buddy

United States

#7 Jun 20, 2012
spytheweb wrote:
<quoted text>It's illegal for them to be working here. Illegals don't have any regard for the law. No wonder they flee their country and bring their rotten culture here.
hell before long we are going to hafe to sneak across the border to find jobs cause of your black president maybe we need a Mexican president can't do no worse

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#8 Jun 20, 2012
buddy wrote:
Hell leave them alone there just doing the shit job all of us lazy American don't want to do we can't work in less we get 20 dollors hours before long we are going to be united state of Mexico and that the truth
when you add in the free medical foodstamps housing and all other things you just may get your 20 bux an hour,when doing those jobs all other things they get need to be added in on wages showing that cheap labor may be cheap only for the dirtbag hiring them the rest of the cost goes on us.

my insurance is high and i have a premium deducts and co pays the insurance they get everything is covered,so the worth of that insurance is easy 3,000 a month or more .
buddy

United States

#9 Jun 20, 2012
tomin cali wrote:
<quoted text>when you add in the free medical foodstamps housing and all other things you just may get your 20 bux an hour,when doing those jobs all other things they get need to be added in on wages showing that cheap labor may be cheap only for the dirtbag hiring them the rest of the cost goes on us.

my insurance is high and i have a premium deducts and co pays the insurance they get everything is covered,so the worth of that insurance is easy 3,000 a month or more .
I dont get all of that will check up on that tommorow I'm getting cheated

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#11 Jun 21, 2012
At least one parent applying on behalf of a citizen child should be a legal American. The kids never get the full benefit of the entitlements when their greedy parents get their hands on them. Further, they commit fraud when they apply for these benefits when they fail to include all income coming into the home. It looks as though there is no husband, because the wife has a different surname than the hubby, which enables them to get a higher benefit. I find it really funny that they can't speak a word of English, yet sail through the paperwork which gives them their freebies.

Location hidden

#12 Jun 21, 2012
teddyr4me wrote:
At least one parent applying on behalf of a citizen child should be a legal American. The kids never get the full benefit of the entitlements when their greedy parents get their hands on them. Further, they commit fraud when they apply for these benefits when they fail to include all income coming into the home. It looks as though there is no husband, because the wife has a different surname than the hubby, which enables them to get a higher benefit. I find it really funny that they can't speak a word of English, yet sail through the paperwork which gives them their freebies.
could be the way they can sail through the paper work is do to inside fraud? like the dmv and ss that has already been caught.all it takes is an open borders la raza member or members allowed to work in that job.
Free is free

United States

#13 Jun 21, 2012
Precisely. What people on the left don't seem to get is that these so-called immigrants have no allegiance to this country and in many cases, they loathe Americans. Sure, they make for low-cost menial labor, but that's only on the surface and that's what needs to be quantified: Their *true* cost.

I maintain that as long as the 14th Amendment is being perverted, the true cost of illegal immigration is drastically increased. We're creating generations of people raised with a different ethic; people who don't want to assimilate, who don't want to become American. People whose only purpose in being is to bleed their host country. That is the true cost of illegal immigration.
spytheweb wrote:
"This statistic addresses households headed by an illegal immigrant. However, many of these households include American citizens within the family, often children who were born in the United States and who received citizenship at birth. Indeed, given the web of restrictions on the granting of government benefits to illegal immigrants, most of the "welfare" benefits being counted in the CIS table are going to citizen children, not to adult illegal immigrants. Indeed, the government is responsible for checking the immigration status of people receiving benefits."
Welfare is going to illegal aliens and children of illegal aliens be they US citizens or not.
Children who have no connection to the country other than their parents snuck across the border.
This is why the 14th amendment must be closed down.
Reality

Barre, VT

#14 Jun 21, 2012
Did anyone else not understand why they conslcuded the 41% was misleading when above they worte:
"The most detailed statistics we found were from Camarota’s group. In a 2007 report, the center published a table titled, "Welfare Use for Illegal Alien-Headed Households." The table reported that 40 percent of illegal immigrant-headed households used any "major welfare" program in the previous calendar year. The percentage was even higher in illegal-immigrant headed households that included children: a whopping 71 percent, according to a a 2011 report by the center.

So there is some basis for the 40 percent figure."

Did anyone else think this was kinda "buried":
"The table reported that 40 percent of illegal immigrant-headed households used any "major welfare" program in the previous calendar year. The percentage was even higher in illegal-immigrant headed households that included children: a whopping 71 percent, according to a a 2011 report by the center."

So its no biggie to take care of illegals' kids?
If we send mom home, guess what...

Location hidden

#15 Jun 21, 2012
Reality wrote:
Did anyone else not understand why they conslcuded the 41% was misleading when above they worte:
"The most detailed statistics we found were from Camarota’s group. In a 2007 report, the center published a table titled, "Welfare Use for Illegal Alien-Headed Households." The table reported that 40 percent of illegal immigrant-headed households used any "major welfare" program in the previous calendar year. The percentage was even higher in illegal-immigrant headed households that included children: a whopping 71 percent, according to a a 2011 report by the center.
So there is some basis for the 40 percent figure."
Did anyone else think this was kinda "buried":
"The table reported that 40 percent of illegal immigrant-headed households used any "major welfare" program in the previous calendar year. The percentage was even higher in illegal-immigrant headed households that included children: a whopping 71 percent, according to a a 2011 report by the center."
So its no biggie to take care of illegals' kids?
If we send mom home, guess what...
the way i took it was those were the only ones that could be counted thinking more do to the fraud all illegal aliens are known for.there is no way to know how many more when fraud is so widespread.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lodi Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sarah Dutra's Prison Sentence Remains 11 Years (Dec '07) Mar '17 Guest 75
News Australia's Sex Party says proposed bong ban ra... (Oct '11) Jan '17 makolovrat 25
unsolved shooting2015 (Nov '16) Dec '16 Who 3
News McDonald's restaurants honor police with Blue l... (Nov '16) Nov '16 Jazzy 1
News Trauma turmoil: San Joaquin General no longer L... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Israel Did 911 2
News Text Messaging Feeds Lodi Shooting Rumor (Apr '08) Sep '16 Friend of Kate 37
Edmund Wallick (Sep '11) Sep '16 Rhonda 11

Lodi Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lodi Mortgages