Sarah Dutra's Prison Sentence Remains...

Sarah Dutra's Prison Sentence Remains 11 Years

There are 73 comments on the News10 Sacramento story from Dec 3, 2007, titled Sarah Dutra's Prison Sentence Remains 11 Years. In it, News10 Sacramento reports that:

The young woman convicted of manslaughter in the bizarre killing of a Sacramento attorney is headed back to prison to fulfill her original sentence.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News10 Sacramento.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Katie

West End, Australia

#72 Jan 14, 2010
Mimmi wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at the poster's name. Maybe she knows because she was related to the victim. Think before you type.
Did you think that maybe this person is NOT related to McNabney? Just a thought seeing as you can type your name (or a FAKE one) in! Maybe you should think before YOU type!
The People

United States

#73 Jul 30, 2010
Looken wrote:
Why do you think she deserves the death penalty?
Sarah Dutra was an accomplice who helped move the guys body before he was dead.
You don't get the death penalty for that.
You fool... I went to school with Sarah and knew her and her family. Sarah is just as corrupt as her father is who was found guilty of embezzlement years earlier, before the murder. Apparently it runs in the family. Sarah contributed to the death just as much as the wife. It was a mutual plan! Shameful.
court tv junkie

Kirkland, WA

#74 Feb 25, 2011
UniAni wrote:
i just seen the show on court tv tonight about this and for some reason i just got the urge to look more into it and while im seeing alot of things about sarah burying larry and she isnt getting enough time in prison and all that bullshit im thinking nobody even did any reading into this because sarah....the 21 year old blonde one for those of you that are confused on who's who didnt have anything to do with burying larry the ground was to hard the night they were going to try and although this is wrong for me to say larry had been married 5 times and all of those wives said he had a drinking problem and was abusive at times the way i see it....he died with his balls and that shouldnt have been allowed, i know thats wrong of me to say but abusive men need to be castrated :) but he was giving a tranquilizer id call that more of a mercy killing the dude was 52-53 years old for god sakes he's a male that drinks he didnt have maybe 5 years left before he'd die anyways
So your argument is that it was okay for him to be murdered because he was eventually going to die anyway? I could say the same about you. Your post makes you sound like a sociopath.
court tv junkie

Kirkland, WA

#75 Feb 25, 2011
Brian wrote:
i think sarah should keep the sentence she has in prison. i think if elisa was still alive and didnt commit suicide i think she should've gotten life w/o parole and possibly death b/c she was the mastermind of the murder which makes her a bigger offender. sarah was an accessory and all she did was inject him and burry his body i think the sentence she has is okay as it is.
All she did was inject him? Your kidding me right? All Jack the ripper ever did was disembowel his victims. Good god, are people really this stupid? Sarah Dutra is a cold blooded killer who got away with murder. She is the exact type of person the death penalty was made for.
Nigel P Norton

North Shields, UK

#76 May 23, 2011
Well , having just viewed the T.V. show of this crime I'm amazed she will be out of The american prison in just a few months with all the benifits that the state will allow to relocate her.....
BOSTON BLONDE822

Kingston, NH

#77 May 25, 2011
I've been following this story closely for a long time now, and it breaks my heart,,for 2women 2kill for GREED! And, to think they would get away with it, all so they could drive nice cars, go on shoppin sprees, and live the high life, of course we all want that, but is killing someone the answer? And to involve your 17 yr old daughter?I think Elisa McNabney took the cowardly way out, by committing suicide, and Sarah Dutra is doin her time, which she should, she was a big girl, and could of walked away! The more I think of this story, it really makes me certain that Money is definitely the route of all evil! Larry McNabney poor family and the heartbreak they are goin through, and for Elisa to leave her daughter and bring her along that crime spree, this story seems all to far fatched, but it shows what sick things do happen in this world we live in!How could u take one's life, to have the finer things??Sarah must regretting the choices she made, while she missed out on the prime years of her life, while her "mentor" took the easy way out! My thoughts and prayers, are with Haylei Jordan, whom I dont know, but can only imagine, the journey her mom took her on, and its her mom, the person she looks up too, and loves, u cant blame such a young, impressionable teenager, that's her mother, but as her mother, she acted more like the teenager, and Haylei the adult! As for Larry's children, I feel the same, what a horrible and heinous act of violence,,,nothing seems to phase me anymore! BostonBlonde822
BOSTON BLONDE822

Kingston, NH

#78 May 25, 2011
Also, no matter what, I always watch Lies My Mother Told Me, Lifetime plays it an awful lot, and I think Hayden Panitierre, and Joely Richardson did a great job!!This is one story,Ive been following since they were looking for Elisa /Laren Simms, it really took an interest with me, and again, it really shows what type of ppl, and the things others do, sometimes, I feel sheltered, thinking, that can ONLY happen in the movies, truth of the matter is , it can happen right next door! Greed,,, is what so many ppl are out for! I just dont understand killing someone, for money? is it that important, poor Haylei Jordan, was put on that roller coaster ride, lost her mom, her dad isnt in the picture, and Im sure everywhere she goes, once ppl find out who she is, they talk about her, and I feel for her, she was just a YOUNG kid @ the time, that loved and looked up to her mother, as so many of us girls do! This story really has a place in my heart! Haylei, I dont kno, u from Adam, as weird as this may seem, I do think of u, and ur situation often! I can only wish u a good life and future from here!
Tanto

Fair Oaks, CA

#79 May 26, 2011
UniAni wrote:
i just seen the show on court tv tonight about this and for some reason i just got the urge to look more into it and while im seeing alot of things about sarah burying larry and she isnt getting enough time in prison and all that bullshit im thinking nobody even did any reading into this because sarah....the 21 year old blonde one for those of you that are confused on who's who didnt have anything to do with burying larry the ground was to hard the night they were going to try and although this is wrong for me to say larry had been married 5 times and all of those wives said he had a drinking problem and was abusive at times the way i see it....he died with his balls and that shouldnt have been allowed, i know thats wrong of me to say but abusive men need to be castrated :) but he was giving a tranquilizer id call that more of a mercy killing the dude was 52-53 years old for god sakes he's a male that drinks he didnt have maybe 5 years left before he'd die anyways
You are a very angry and stupid person.
Chick

Longmont, CO

#80 Jun 20, 2011
I knew Larry McNabney, and know for a fact he was a Great Man. Choosing Elisa (or Laren) was a mistake but we all make them. Actually their marriage was illegal, as was her marriage to Ken. She married both men usuing an alias which makes the marriages illegal. Oh well. Sarah deserves to be in prison, and the sentence should be longer. She was the catalist that killed Larry. If she never came along, Elisa would have moaned and growned, but she wouldn't have killed him. Larry always called me Chick, and I do miss him alot, still do, and he's been gone 10 years.
Ellen1

Johnson City, TN

#81 Jul 23, 2011
Chick wrote:
I knew Larry McNabney, and know for a fact he was a Great Man. Choosing Elisa (or Laren) was a mistake but we all make them. Actually their marriage was illegal, as was her marriage to Ken. She married both men usuing an alias which makes the marriages illegal. Oh well. Sarah deserves to be in prison, and the sentence should be longer. She was the catalist that killed Larry. If she never came along, Elisa would have moaned and growned, but she wouldn't have killed him. Larry always called me Chick, and I do miss him alot, still do, and he's been gone 10 years.
Is Sarah Dutra still in prison? I saw part of a show about her aand Elisa McD tonight, and I had the fearsome thought, What if she gets out or is out and looks up Casey Anthony? Casey is the kind of personality Sarah would seek and adore. Think of the good times THOSE two would have!
Katie

Australia

#82 Sep 28, 2011
The People wrote:
<quoted text>
You fool... I went to school with Sarah and knew her and her family. Sarah is just as corrupt as her father is who was found guilty of embezzlement years earlier, before the murder. Apparently it runs in the family. Sarah contributed to the death just as much as the wife. It was a mutual plan! Shameful.
People get desperate, the money was taken from the church, the very place that states they are here to help, the family needed the financial help at the time so really does it matter? The Dutra family are kind and loving people. Sarah has done the time the authorities set her and now she needs to be allowed to start living her life again. Leave the family alone!!
geileen

Madison, WI

#85 Sep 30, 2012
UniAni wrote:
i just seen the show on court tv tonight about this and for some reason i just got the urge to look more into it and while im seeing alot of things about sarah burying larry and she isnt getting enough time in prison and all that bullshit im thinking nobody even did any reading into this because sarah....the 21 year old blonde one for those of you that are confused on who's who didnt have anything to do with burying larry the ground was to hard the night they were going to try and although this is wrong for me to say larry had been married 5 times and all of those wives said he had a drinking problem and was abusive at times the way i see it....he died with his balls and that shouldnt have been allowed, i know thats wrong of me to say but abusive men need to be castrated :) but he was giving a tranquilizer id call that more of a mercy killing the dude was 52-53 years old for god sakes he's a male that drinks he didnt have maybe 5 years left before he'd die anyways
Wow, you must be young..I am almost 47, a few yrs younger than Larry, when he was murdered. If you think 52-53 is old enough to be near death, you obviously are too young to even be taken seriously! Not to mention, that,abusive or not, this was not a self defense murder. It was a cold, calculating and diabolical murder for the sake of MONEY...NOT because he was abusive. The bitch wanted his money! That's why she killed him. To say that he had it coming or that he was near death anyway, is just a testament to your stupidity. Also,from the sound of your post, I think you are someone with a serious anger problem,and a twisted version of right and wrong. I just hope you are never called to jury duty!! In your eyes, middle-aged people who are mean, deserve to be murdered and the murderers are justified....trust me...see a shrink. And again, this was NOT the same as "The Burning Bed"....murder. THIS WAS A GREEDY, amoral person who planned and executed murder for money. I hope I am not the only one who was totally disturbed by your comment.
JDPIII

Oakland, CA

#86 Mar 23, 2014
Just finished the book. Fascinating how close Elisa and Greg Whalen were. Refrigerator ends up at his ranch. Says he's not gonna cooperate because most of his employees are illegal. Right. Should have taken a closer at him too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lodi Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Best pizza in Lodi Jun 6 wheres that 2
News California High School Football - Woodlake beat... (Apr '06) May '16 Woodkuck 12
Diego Rojas (Apr '12) May '16 Her 5
News This 1953 Ford F-100 Started With A Teenage Kid... May '16 KreJaMillyLaVonn 3
News Tiny kitten rescued from conveyer belt at recyc... (Dec '15) Apr '16 Old Faithful 5
News Caltrans Liter Day Totals For San Joaquin County Apr '16 Julie Ann 1
News Body Found on Electrical Lines in Lockeford Apr '16 mike 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lodi Mortgages