Need Info on an old accident

Need Info on an old accident

Posted in the Loda Forum

Sister

Medway, MA

#1 Dec 7, 2009
I don't know how this is going to work but I thought I would try. I am looking for some TRUE info on an accident that happended almost 10 years ago. A man by the name of Stan Lawrence was hit by a train on his way to work. I am his sister and regretfully I had lost contact with him before the accident. Any info that anyone has would be great. Just would like to ease my mind and stop wondering. [email protected] if you have info that best not published here.
mda57

Burnettsville, IN

#2 Dec 7, 2009
Do you have any more specific information? Do you know where- which county, township, village?
Sister

Bradenton, FL

#3 Dec 7, 2009
I know he lived in Loda, was hit by the train I believe on his way to work at a crossing with no crossing arm. It was May 17th I beleive in 2000 or 2001. They took him to Champaign and called the family.
mda57

Burnettsville, IN

#4 Dec 8, 2009
I couldn't find any information, but if he lived in Loda, you might contact The Paxton Record (now a weekly newspaper, but then it was daily) and see if they have any information.

Sorry I couldn't help you more.
Sister wrote:
I know he lived in Loda, was hit by the train I believe on his way to work at a crossing with no crossing arm. It was May 17th I beleive in 2000 or 2001. They took him to Champaign and called the family.
Sister

New York, NY

#5 Dec 9, 2009
Thanks alot. I will try the newspaper.
Helper

Columbia, MO

#6 Dec 18, 2009
You can also try the champaign news gazette. I searched their archives but they only go back to 2007 online.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Loda Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Details bar fight Christmas night Jan 14 Shecon 1
Election Who do you support for Sheriff in Illinois (Ver... (Oct '10) Oct '16 Cruppenink aka Mu... 187
Need Resident help Oct '16 nptwildcat 1
sex offender working at paxton iga (Jan '09) Oct '16 Deshayumkle 17
Bear, dog that was hung in Sibley (Jun '16) Sep '16 lel 3
Beatles For Sale tribute band returning to Paxton! (Jun '16) Jun '16 New England Music... 1
Paxton/Buckley/Loda Ulumni (Aug '13) Feb '16 Brent 6

Loda Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Loda Mortgages