Sampson: Unshackle Upstate opposed to...

Sampson: Unshackle Upstate opposed to Cuomo's proposed minimum wage hike

Posted in the Lockport Forum

“Still an outsider”

Since: Jan 07

Dagus Mines, PA

#1 Jan 30, 2013
According to the Cost of Living by state Org. New York ranks number 10 in all major categories indexed. So why then according to CNNMoney do 19 states have higher minimum wage rates than New York? Sampson fills that mwr should not be indexed according to the cost of inflation. Wonder if Sampson an executive director who pay scale is $39,008 -$156,876 would like to try to live on an mw of $7.25 an hour? The argument people earning minimum wage are young people, students living at home, under trained people... The fact is that many have had jobs taken away do to job closings. These people are forced to work several part time jobs for cookie crumbs, forced into foreclosure, and struggle to pay increasing rents.
FFS-

Buffalo, NY

#2 Jan 31, 2013
frilled2b wrote:
According to the Cost of Living by state Org. New York ranks number 10 in all major categories indexed. So why then according to CNNMoney do 19 states have higher minimum wage rates than New York? Sampson fills that mwr should not be indexed according to the cost of inflation. Wonder if Sampson an executive director who pay scale is $39,008 -$156,876 would like to try to live on an mw of $7.25 an hour? The argument people earning minimum wage are young people, students living at home, under trained people... The fact is that many have had jobs taken away do to job closings. These people are forced to work several part time jobs for cookie crumbs, forced into foreclosure, and struggle to pay increasing rents.
This is sooooooo interesting. thanks for posting!

“Why not”

Since: Feb 09

Mine

#3 Feb 1, 2013
so does that mean FFS is going to get a much deserved raise if mim goes up Ha Ha Ha
FFS-

Buffalo, NY

#4 Feb 1, 2013
yes. I showed this to my boss at Mighty taco. $9.75 here I come.

“Still an outsider”

Since: Jan 07

Dagus Mines, PA

#5 Feb 1, 2013
http://tinyurl.com/bdxmca7

Study Claims Boosting Minimum Wage Will Increase Jobs In NY

http://tinyurl.com/b6mbk5w

“Why not”

Since: Feb 09

Mine

#6 Feb 1, 2013
there ya go FSS your meaningless job is secure

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lockport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News VINELAND: Afternoon police beat update includes... (Aug '08) Sep 23 dcaps 15
Anybody know Erica Allan's Ex-Husband? Sep 19 findthemhere 1
Tim Demler (Jun '15) Sep 17 Valerie 36
Kelli lafler Sep 13 Hmm 1
Wheatfield Budget (Jun '12) Sep 12 Taxpayer 8
drug dealing (Mar '13) Sep 12 Shoppy 10
Whaetfield Racist ? (Dec '12) Sep 10 Amity 105

Lockport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lockport Mortgages