pet

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2012

How could a guy making $70,000 a year, having minimal knowledge of animals - be charge of the Nia. Co. SPCA. Is this a political position or do you have to be part of the "Family".

“Seeking reality & civilization”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2012

Judged:

pet wrote:
How could a guy making $70,000 a year, having minimal knowledge of animals - be charge of the Nia. Co. SPCA. Is this a political position or do you have to be part of the "Family".
You answered your own question......politics or, at least, who knows who. Niagara County IS & always has been & always will be the dirtiest & most corrupt area of the country. Guy will probably end up getting a raise when it's all over.
pet

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2012

Yea -Thanks. Just wanted to start a discussion.
Just sort of sick of it !
Pet

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2012

Why can't we as the taxpayer have a say in who gets hired for this position !?$70,000 dollars!
It's MY MONEY and MY PET that I LOVE !!
Your neighbor

North Tonawanda, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2012

This is such a corrupt position Tim Demler is applying for the position. He has even called one of the board members and asked for the job, (Kathy Pardowski). He is experience in being a bad pet owner so he feels he is will git.
SPCA idiots

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2012

I've called them about a specific farm in Nia. County after every incident that involved these farm people killing an animals, neglecting, abusing, etc. 6 times I've called, went their 3 times & finally spoke to John Fossa himself. After talking with him, I then knew there is no point- he is absolutley clueless and an idiot. They should appoint someone from the Erie County SPCA that has a clue, follows protocol, knows what to do & that will protect the animals.
CatWatcher

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2012

What is shocking is that John Faso came to the shelter making more then Al Chili did after 30 yrs there and had not proven himself worthy. After 1 yr, Faso got a raise. Still not prooving himself worthy of that salary. He opened a "gift" shop there full of high priced items. If there are no dogs/cats to pick from then there is no need to buy high priced gifts that could be gotten cheaper elsewhere. He was trying to be like the EC spca and that will never happen here.
Faso was not liked by many people from the beginning. It WAS given the directorship because of who he knew and some on the board. Several people were more qualified then he. He had fund raising skills and that's all he came to the table with. Have you gone to the fund raisers? I have. At no time did Faso find the time to chat with those who supported the spca. He mingled only with a chosen few. The shelter should keep Bob, George & Diane and Ebony. Then they should start over. The shelter needs to cooperate with area dog control officers and perhaps from time to time ask their opinion. Faso was not hired as a vet or vet tech. When animals are put down, the decision is also made by the vet tech. She holds the needle not Faso. Kari (vet teck) was Faso's brown noser from the beginning. She could have spoken up sooner also. She could have gone to the board sooner. For her to now put ALL the blame on him is wrong. Animals were put to sleep based on her decisions also.
Clean house NC spca board.
DogMa

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2012

.....80,000 a year and the bastard wants commission on monies raised at fundraisers- are you kidding me. They are a charity you fool and you John Faso are a greedy money hungry bastard. People supported your cause even if they didn't like you. You wronged us all and failed the animals.
Animal Lover

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2012

After watching the news this evening, my comments to the SPCA Board and John Faso:
Do you think the public is stupid? Someone comes to the board, makes allegations and you ask for no proof? As everyone will now know, when any animal is brought in, a paper trail begins. EACH animal has a disposition report. Was the animal adopted, put to sleep, redeemed. At the end of each month, you KNOW what took place. A member comes to you and states 500 animals are put to sleep. YOU don't have facts? Are you kidding me. You are trying to sugar coat the answers you give. You know John, you WILL NEVER have another successful fundraiser again. You have wronged the animals and the public and you should step aside, guilty or not. You & your staff have ruined the SPCA name again. Despite not liking you, I still supported the shelter & the animals, not you. You would diss me each time hardly able to say hello. Your attitude sucks. You are not a know-it-all. It would appear to me that since John took over several "paperwork" errors have taken place. Who else are they going to blame but the boss. The vet tech examines each dog & makes a report to her boss. The report states, who stays & who goes. She held the needle. I'd like to know how animals met their death in the year before these allegations came out. No one spoke out for over a year and suddenly in 3 months almost 500 are pts. Really? sounds fishy to me. The facts are ALL available, right under your noses and you're not prepared when standing in front of the news camera's. No proof....the NC Shelter name is ruined as far as I'm concerned. You have lost trust of your supporters and I'm afraid you'll never get that back. You cannot defend what is there (in paperwork) in black & white. I'm sorry this is taking place at a place I liked. No amount of fund raising will make up for the damage caused. Faso admitted not knowing much about animals which leads me to believe he relied on "someone" else to guide him. Remember, he wasn't holding the needle either.
Pandoraah

Merritt Island, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2012

Contact your politicians and demand they do something about this. They depend on citizens voting for them. Faso needs to go yesterday.
Mister Moore

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2012

why is everyone so surprised these people get away with murder, he'll be suspended with pay. If i had a video you wouldnt believe it wake up and get out ur bubble. They do the same thing to people everday
Pandoraah

Merritt Island, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2012

SPCA idiots wrote:
I've called them about a specific farm in Nia. County after every incident that involved these farm people killing an animals, neglecting, abusing, etc. 6 times I've called, went their 3 times & finally spoke to John Fossa himself. After talking with him, I then knew there is no point- he is absolutley clueless and an idiot. They should appoint someone from the Erie County SPCA that has a clue, follows protocol, knows what to do & that will protect the animals.
Don't the police there care about animal abuse? Does the State Attorney ever press charges for animal cruelty? I don't see charges for Faso which is stunning. Perhaps you could contact PETA.
anonymous

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2012

So I got my donation request from the spca. I have to wonder however if my donations will now go towards the spca high priced attorney the spca has hired or the animals. I wonder why John Faso needs his attorney and the spca needs an attorney. They claim to be under staffed & under funded. So did it make sense that this director gets $80,000 + benefits & wants a commission for fund raising. Are you serious. It was stated on the news today that so far no real wrong doing has been found. Really? It's well known already that someones dogs were put down before the 5 days were up. The owner was GIVEN unspayed/unneutered dogs as replacement. That alone is against NYS AG & Markets law for a shelter to do. Is that cover up #1?
TheMole

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2012

John Faso, YOU needed to speak up sooner. The Board screwed you then asked you to silently stand by,keep your mouth shut, as they all stabbed you in the back. The "witch hunt" began, in secret, last year but your "trusting" staff was not going to tip you off that an investigation had already begun. I question if the vet tech was keeping a double set of books. 1 that you saw & a 2nd set of her actual doings. I believe that you were clueless. You trusted your vet tech which was a big mistake. She also had access to all the records that are "missing". Most people wanting information would have had to file a Freedom Of Information Request. She just gave the information to anyone who would help her cause (and her cronies) I, in no way, am defending your ignorance but I do understand the Board hired you to"fund raise" and intrusted everything else to the tech. You were the sap in all this. You know the vet tech in question and I don't know why you're not dragging her name into this mess. Why should anyone protect her reputation. They certainly don't care about yours. I actually would hold you 30% responsible, your vet tech 60% and the remaining staff 10%. Funny how she opens up a can of worms then has nothing to say. Coward that she is. Afterall, she ended her post with "The Last Laugh" .....(don't be too sure about that) Perhaps Faso will have the last laugh on you too.
xClient

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2012

A comment to Dr Mroziaks WIBV story-
So you are saying we should all applaude your vet tech Kari for being sneaky. For possibly keeping 2 sets of records. For "losing" the medical records that cannot be found. For hiding all the time in "her" office behind closed doors. For brown-nosing John as soon as he walked thru the door. Right. Any decent person that I know would have addressed the issues with the boss, face to face, instead of back stabbing for 2 years gathering ammo. If she's so innocent and we should adore her know, why hasn't she said a word about her role in all this. Because she's still hiding. Had the media do her dirty work and on New Years Eve. Don't tell me it wasn't all planned out to happen that way. She's not a hero to those I know. Coward & Sneak is more like it.
No Way Demler

North Tonawanda, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Youd be insane to have Tim Demler in this position.He cant even manage hes own life...Hows he supose to take care of animals.Kathy P wake up .

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 16 of16
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lockport Discussions

Search the Lockport Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 56 min Go Blue Forever 6,316
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 1 hr Habanero Harv 6,318
Review: Steve's Custom Cycle (Jul '10) 10 hr And 5
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 19 hr Habanero Harv 16,760
Words and photos: Ny WW II veterans recall combat Jul 4 Scorpio 1
Who's Next? Jun 29 Hidden Ridge 1
Reformed churches? Jun 26 Soli Deo Gloria 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Lockport Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••