Convenience store shows off solar panels

Convenience store shows off solar panels

There are 2 comments on the Snack Food/Wholesale Bakery story from Nov 9, 2013, titled Convenience store shows off solar panels. In it, Snack Food/Wholesale Bakery reports that:

The Crosby's convenience store in Lockport, N.Y., says it expects the equivalent of 70 free days of electricity per year from an array of solar power panels it's now showing off.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Snack Food/Wholesale Bakery.

“Seeking reality & civilization”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#1 Nov 10, 2013
70 day's. THAT'S IT????? OK. I see nothing was said about the cost of purchase and installation so...I'll pass.

La Quinta, CA

#2 Nov 10, 2013
51.5Kw with a 198 panel array? Somebody screwed up on the math here. The typical solar panel being sold now is right around 200 watts per panel. With just 3 sun hours a day average, you're looking at 200 x 198 x 3 = 118800 watts or 118.8KW generated in a day. If this is 20% of the store's energy needs, these guys are using on average 594KWh a day. IF the installation is what is being considered average, then it is about $2.50 a watt installed for large arrays like this one. 118800 x 2.50 =$297,000.00. They should also get a FTC of 30% of the installation cost or $89,100 off of their taxes. Then there may be other incentives from the State or utility. But with just the FTC their installed cost should be somewhere around $207,900.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lockport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
JOBS AVAILABLE! OPEN INTERVIEWS! Full-time, per... (Feb '10) Nov 20 Nisha 7
News Missing girl from North Tonawanda could be in R... (Feb '09) Nov 13 Caring Mom 36
News North Tonawanda missing teen found (Feb '09) Nov 12 katherina 68
Matthew Michalak Nov 12 Victim 1
Looking for Biological Parents (Aug '12) Nov 1 wolfdancer 10
Bald Eagles poisoned with a six month probation... Oct 31 irishmygirl 1
News North Tonawanda: Lorich remains jailed until su... (Jan '10) Oct 30 bill l 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lockport Mortgages