Man admits sex abuse of daughter's friends

Aug 3, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Buffalo News

Months after one of Salvatore Giaccotto's victims tearfully told authorities how he had molested her, he pleaded guilty Thursday to committing sex offenses that will send him to state prison. via Buffalo News

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of280
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Kevin

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2007

Thank God, someone was brave enough to stop him.
Not your friend anymore

Dunkirk, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2007

Hey Sam ---- you are a scumbag! When you were caught years ago I never knew how you talked your way out of it. Shame on you! You disgust me and so does your wife for never believing your kids!
Convinced Long Ago

Dunkirk, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2007

I was convinced back in the 90's that you were molesting little girls ---- too bad they could never get you because your wife was too busy not believing you. She should be sentenced with you! feel so terrible for your children and your victims. You should rot in hell after you get sodomized in prison over and over again. Have fun Sam. From "the bottom of your heart" you should feel the pain that your brought to your vistims and thier families ---- For the rest of your pathetic life. Hope your family is not still defending you NOW!
Long time comming

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2007

Well you pathetic excuse for a humanbeing along with your ignorant family, ignoring all your antics enabled you to terroize everyone. Unfortunately it took abusing your own family your own family for you to finally get caught. Think about all of the others you bullied through out your life and your friends and family would laugh saying Sammy's a maniac, no not a manic a abusive ignorant irresponsible excuse for a man. I hope you enjoy your stay with the other people that have issues and never stooped to your level of being a pedifile. Enjoy your stay with the big boy's, hopefully you will get yours and your ignorant family will support your victims instead of stand by your sorry excuse for a humanbeing. Best of luck with the soap "Big Boy" Remember the Pizzeria bubblebath boy!!! The good times are over. I hope they take everything you got in your settlement putting your wife on the street for enabling you sorry ****
Convinced Long Ago

Dunkirk, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2007

Looks like everyone knew Sammy but his own family who are just as guilty as he is. They always made thier children believe they were better than everybody even when they were doing dispicable things to others. Leanne protecting him even at the risk of her own child being molested and others. Pathetic! I have no sympathy for her or for Sammy and anyone else who stood by his side. I hope the victims know that he won a lawsuit and has money stashed. They should sue him for the pain and suffering he caused and his wife by ignoring all the facts years ago and letting his abuse continue for years. She doesn't deserve to have his money. I hope they take it all!
Convinced Long Ago

Dunkirk, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2007

I wonder if your brothers and sisters ever left thier children alone with you? I wonder now if they are thinking back and wondering if you did anything to them. I hope they are haunted by the "What if's?". They deserve it for letting the cycle of abuse continue in your family. It could have been stopped a long time ago but they let you go. 2.2 years is not nearly enough for your crime.
a greedy world

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2007

someone gets a settlement. everyone squawks and wants a piece of the pie. a greedy world
MADD

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2007

He did not get 2.2 years he was given 2and a half years for one victim 5 years for the other victim to run concurrant, he will serve 5 years no less. The paper doenst have it right.
To "A greedy world"" your comment was so ignorant Im left speachless. How sad.
Convinced Long Ago

Dunkirk, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2007

To MADD ---- sorry, that was a typo. I meant to say 2.5 years. The paper said 2.5 to 5 years and I figured he could be paroled in 2.5 years. I am glad to hear he will serve at least 5 but I still don't think that is nearly enough for his crime. Inresponse to "a greedy world" ---- are you an internet TROLL? I agree he is ignorant! His settlement should be taken from him and his family ---- all $1 million dollars of it! The victims and thier families deserve it for thier pain and suffering.
MADD

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2007

I dont believe 5 years is long enough either, but the good from all of this is: He has been outted and stopped, on top of 5 years he will be paroled 5 years, and will have to register as a sex offender for the rest of his life. Plus it is true what they say about the hierarchy in state prisons, rapists are very low on the food chain and child molesters, well they are even lower. I take great comfort in that. I hope the victims and their families will be ok. Heros for standing up to him.
Convinced Long Ago

Dunkirk, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2007

I agree. The victims and thier families are HEROS for standing up to him. Maybe the healing can begin for them now. My heart goes out to them. It was very brave of them to come forward and make sure he was stopped. The crazy thing is this all came out to the authorities back in the 90's and for some reason he got off. I know the wife protecting him, saying he was just very affectionate but he was "grooming" his daughter's friends back then and because he got away with it then it was able to continue with the same victims until he was recently arrested again. It is so maddening that they almost had him. The abuse runs very deep in his family. I hope the cycle has been broken.
MADD

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2007

OMG..I didnt know there were allegations back in the 90's. That is infuriating to me. This never had to happen if he had been stopped. wow.
Convinced Long Ago

Dunkirk, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2007

Yes. He was named by his daughters friends back in 1997 - 1998. He was investigated by the DA's office as well as Child Protective Services. He somehow got off. His wife refused to believe any of it (despite knowing that sexual abuse was in his family) and supported him all the way. The allegations at the time were that he was massaging children and having them massage him. His wife brushed it off as his way of showing affection. The newspaper article says that he admitted to abuse from 1998 - 2004. I believe they are referring to the investigation that I am referring to. It is infuriating to me too as I had no doubt he was guilty considering what I knew about him and his family. I don't know why they weren't able to charge him ---- I do know that there are some pretty dedicated people working in sex abuse (DA and Police) and if they could have charged him, they would have. It is terrible that it took so many years to stop him. That's the sad realty of abuse.
Julie from Buffalo

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2007

Scientific studies have proven that child molesters and preditors such as this man never get better. Reading the messages that have been posted I can only concur that if he was doing this in the early 1990's and was sentenced in 2007 that this pedophile has never stopped. With this story breaking we can only pray that more victims will see this and come forward. Hes already in prison, more victims would mean he wouldn't being getting out for a very long time
MADD

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2007

It is true like you said earlier his wife should be sentenced too!! I felt sorry for her at one time but absolutely not anymore. She allowed him to do this. And I dont believe for a second that he didnt touch his daughter. The infamous rubbing and massaing fast foward into the 2000's he was still doing that
Convinced Long Ago

Dunkirk, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2007

His wife was abused by him too for years. She was very young when they met and began dating and was always so enamered by him and feared being left alone. I think it is pathetic for any woman to define herself by who she is with her man. But even worse is when a woman turns her head the other way to abuse of children because of her fears of losing her man. She thought she had a prize but all she had was the pathetic excuse that he was. She is just as guilty because she absolutely knew deep down what was happening and could have protected those children just by believing it when she was told back in the 90's. I would even bet that she will visit him and continue to stand by him. Even NOW.
MADD

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2007

I dont want to say to much but yes she most definitly still stands by him today and believes the victims and families only did this for his money.
Convinced Long Ago

Dunkirk, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2007

OMG! I don't even know what else to say but OMG. I am so disgusted by all of this. She should be prosecuted. I wonder if there is an order of protection against him for his own daughter? She would be just the type to allow it to be broken. He admitted it for gods sake! And he said he was sorry from the bottom of his heart (which I do not beleive ---- he would do it again)! What more does this woman need? I shouldn't be surprised though ----- that is just like Leanne. Stand by her man ---- at all cost. WOW! Goid help her and her children.
Convinced Long Ago

Dunkirk, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2007

How sick can a woman be to think that someone would subject themselves to physical exams and interrogations about the allegations to get money. The pain and suffering that those families are feeling at the hands of her husband will never go away not for any amount of money! What a sick, sick woman. She is so brainwashed by Sammy and always has been. I have seen other women like her who actually blame the child for proviking the abuse. Don't you think the victims identities are known in thier neighborhoods and schools just by the process of association and elimination. How could she actually belive that they or thier parents would subject themselves to that for money. Ughh! She doesn't deserve to have children! I can tell you one thing ----- even though his family sticks up for him, they would never let Sammy be alone with one of thier daughters. NEVER. Because they know what he is.
MADD

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2007

Convinced long ago....you could not be more right.
I do wish I could confirm so much more for you as you too must know the family well. Lets just say, this pedophile's life as he always knew it is over. My hope is that over the next five years, his wife wakes up, grows a backbone and has a revelation that the man she has given her whole life too is a pig. I hope too that more victims come forward, as it is factually known that there are more victims who were to afraid to come forward. At the end of the day I dont know how his wife lays her head down in the dark and believes that an injustice has happened to her family. That her cherished husband is a victim. We cannot possible understand the mind of a sick women standing by her disgusting fat perverted con-artist husband who really is into little girls

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of280
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Lockport Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Lockport People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance