Lockport Citizens for Responsible Government? - Streit just lost

Posted in the Lockport Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 74 Comments Last updated Apr 9, 2013
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Jan 09

Aurora, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Apr 3, 2013
 

Judged:

6

5

4

We just received a really lame mailer, from the "Lockport Citizens for Responsible Government" that is identical size and style as the Streit mailer we received on the same day.

It is disgusting that a so-called candidate of change has resorted to this type of attack ad/campaign. Mr. Streit and his bunch of losers is no better than Turner and his bunch of losers the only thing Turner has going for him is that he hasn't resorted to this type of crap.

This entire "group" with their website is all made up. Do some digging, this smells like Tim Murphy all over it. If it isn't Mr. Murphy it is whoever he used for his marketing/campaigning.

Mr. Streit I went to your Town Hall meeting, I thought you were going to do better than this. What a disappointment. I like my entire family will be voting for Turner.
Lockport

Lockport, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Apr 3, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

6

I received the mailer today. Everything regarding Turner on the flyer is true.

So, you aren't going to vote for Streit because a flyer outlined the truth about Turner?

Mr. Turner, you are so obvious. You've lost. All of your gang is going to lose.

You and your misfits should have spent the past four months going door to door talking with residents. You didn't come to my door. Heintzelman didn't come to my door. I've talked with my neighbors. None of them had your or your woman come to their doors.

I've heard that neither Kelly or Neitzke knocked on any doors in the 3rd Ward. My friends in the 1st Ward haven't seen Van Dyke.

How could you ever dream of winning this election if you and your gang was afraid to interact with the very people you claim to represent?

Oh, that's right. You're going to save me $30 on my water bill next year. And your going to.... um, uh, hmmm. Nothing. You offer us nothing. Please do yourself and us a favor, don't run for alderman in 2015.

Wow!!
Lockport Local

Lockport, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Apr 3, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Lockport wrote:
I received the mailer today. Everything regarding Turner on the flyer is true.
So, you aren't going to vote for Streit because a flyer outlined the truth about Turner?
Mr. Turner, you are so obvious. You've lost. All of your gang is going to lose.
You and your misfits should have spent the past four months going door to door talking with residents. You didn't come to my door. Heintzelman didn't come to my door. I've talked with my neighbors. None of them had your or your woman come to their doors.
I've heard that neither Kelly or Neitzke knocked on any doors in the 3rd Ward. My friends in the 1st Ward haven't seen Van Dyke.
How could you ever dream of winning this election if you and your gang was afraid to interact with the very people you claim to represent?
Oh, that's right. You're going to save me $30 on my water bill next year. And your going to.... um, uh, hmmm. Nothing. You offer us nothing. Please do yourself and us a favor, don't run for alderman in 2015.
Wow!!
Amen to that!!
Abc

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Apr 3, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

TiredLockportResident wrote:
We just received a really lame mailer, from the "Lockport Citizens for Responsible Government" that is identical size and style as the Streit mailer we received on the same day.
It is disgusting that a so-called candidate of change has resorted to this type of attack ad/campaign. Mr. Streit and his bunch of losers is no better than Turner and his bunch of losers the only thing Turner has going for him is that he hasn't resorted to this type of crap.
This entire "group" with their website is all made up. Do some digging, this smells like Tim Murphy all over it. If it isn't Mr. Murphy it is whoever he used for his marketing/campaigning.
Mr. Streit I went to your Town Hall meeting, I thought you were going to do better than this. What a disappointment. I like my entire family will be voting for Turner.
I didn't get the flyer. Do you object because there are lies or does it just point out his shortcomings? Was it bad enough that you're actually changing your vote because of it?

One thing I despise about turner a d his crew is how they're ok blatantly lying to residents. If Steve is now lying as well I'll be disappointed
Porter Place

Lockport, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Apr 3, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

2

Abc wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't get the flyer. Do you object because there are lies or does it just point out his shortcomings? Was it bad enough that you're actually changing your vote because of it?
One thing I despise about turner a d his crew is how they're ok blatantly lying to residents. If Steve is now lying as well I'll be disappointed
This latest flyer that truthfully exposes Turner and his record was not sent by Steve; it was sent by an independent citizens group that wants the voters to know who Turner and his running mates really are.
deathtodowntown

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Apr 3, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

3

I object to the spin and the negative tone of the information. aldermen in Lockport make about $6,000 a year, that is hardly a career. He had a personal bankruptcy is that our business? To pin the failure of Lockport on him is a real stretch. people need to face the reality of our downtown is dead. To try to make it into some historical destination for tourists is an absolute waste of time and money. Streit is a downtown freak who is going to waste more money on that losing proposition.
Lockport

Homer Glen, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Apr 3, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

4

he has my vote! will end up being more taxes! that means your mortgage will go up! yeh, love it, it's for the best of lockport. water bills even higher! love it! it's for the best for lockport. but sit down resteraunts are going to save the great city of lockport! always love when a transplant comes to lockport, and they know whats best for lockport! he has my vote
Chumbalone

Lockport, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Apr 3, 2013
 

Judged:

7

7

6

TiredLockportResident wrote:
We just received a really lame mailer, from the "Lockport Citizens for Responsible Government" that is identical size and style as the Streit mailer we received on the same day.
It is disgusting that a so-called candidate of change has resorted to this type of attack ad/campaign. Mr. Streit and his bunch of losers is no better than Turner and his bunch of losers the only thing Turner has going for him is that he hasn't resorted to this type of crap.
This entire "group" with their website is all made up. Do some digging, this smells like Tim Murphy all over it. If it isn't Mr. Murphy it is whoever he used for his marketing/campaigning.
Mr. Streit I went to your Town Hall meeting, I thought you were going to do better than this. What a disappointment. I like my entire family will be voting for Turner.
I got the same crap in the mail...along with the Streit flyer...same colors...same ecrlot number (R 039). If this guy purports to be a Christian....think again. If this guy DOES NOT dis-associate himself from this band of rabble (Lockport Citizens for Responsible Government) him deserves NO VOTES from anyone in Lockport. This bunch is no better than what they claim Mr. Turner is doing to Lockport. ANY kind of rabble is what it truly ....is a bunch of ....R A B B L E ! The statements made on the flyer are ALL BS. If you tell people lies over and over again...they will think they are truth. If Streit wants to show ANY CREDIBILITY...he needs to renounce this bunch of idiots ....NOW...or his "christian" ideals mean nothing.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Apr 3, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Chumbalone wrote:
<quoted text> I got the same crap in the mail...along with the Streit flyer...same colors...same ecrlot number (R 039). If this guy purports to be a Christian....think again. If this guy DOES NOT dis-associate himself from this band of rabble (Lockport Citizens for Responsible Government) him deserves NO VOTES from anyone in Lockport. This bunch is no better than what they claim Mr. Turner is doing to Lockport. ANY kind of rabble is what it truly ....is a bunch of ....R A B B L E ! The statements made on the flyer are ALL BS. If you tell people lies over and over again...they will think they are truth. If Streit wants to show ANY CREDIBILITY...he needs to renounce this bunch of idiots ....NOW...or his "christian" ideals mean nothing.
As always, everyone is entitled to their opinion. To late to try and convince anyone in either direction.

If you like Turner, then so be it, be prepared for more bonds with interest, no bid work and of course your water bill will not go down, that was just sound bites.

If you like Steve and looking for improvements throughout the city with contracts going out for bid, and naturally just like Turner your water bill won't go down, but instead will pay for projects as the money is there so you get more for your dollar without paying interest. These are just to name a few things.

Remember it the battle cry of Turner: 29million mistake no work needed, but already we had to go for bond 3.5 million for sewer/water, Robinson looking for another 4 million bond for 2 blocks of downtown, let along what else is included in there 30 million worth of needed improvements.

So please someone explain how it was a 29million mistake yesterday, but a much needed great idea 30million today?

Also still waiting from Ald Marynowski to explain how we taxpayers saved money, by firing full time licensed operator making under $90,000 and hiring Robinson with a PARTTIME licensed operater mkaing $100,000.00. Guess in the Turner camp, more money less work is saving taxpayers money somehow. Oh yes this question has been asked several times already during public meetings, so don't start with the come on out and show yourself rhetoric either. We all know ABSTAINING QUEEN,FORKED TONGUE,SLEEPY and of course the wishful thinking ring leader HEAD COWARD do read these blogs. So go ahead and answer here.
yes

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Apr 3, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

deathtodowntown wrote:
I object to the spin and the negative tone of the information. aldermen in Lockport make about $6,000 a year, that is hardly a career. He had a personal bankruptcy is that our business? To pin the failure of Lockport on him is a real stretch. people need to face the reality of our downtown is dead. To try to make it into some historical destination for tourists is an absolute waste of time and money. Streit is a downtown freak who is going to waste more money on that losing proposition.
Yes his personal bankruptcy is our business
If he can't properly manage his own personal finances how can he manage the millions of OUR tax dollars? I'm not interested taking that chance.
Orland Hills Employee

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Apr 3, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Chumbalone wrote:
<quoted text> I got the same crap in the mail...along with the Streit flyer...same colors...same ecrlot number (R 039). If this guy purports to be a Christian....think again. If this guy DOES NOT dis-associate himself from this band of rabble (Lockport Citizens for Responsible Government) him deserves NO VOTES from anyone in Lockport. This bunch is no better than what they claim Mr. Turner is doing to Lockport. ANY kind of rabble is what it truly ....is a bunch of ....R A B B L E ! The statements made on the flyer are ALL BS. If you tell people lies over and over again...they will think they are truth. If Streit wants to show ANY CREDIBILITY...he needs to renounce this bunch of idiots ....NOW...or his "christian" ideals mean nothing.
Thank you, Mike Dum. But we know you're already in bed with Turnder and Van D*ck. You've lost all credibility.
shiver me timbers

Lockport, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Apr 3, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

3

Chumbalone wrote:
<quoted text> I got the same crap in the mail...along with the Streit flyer...same colors...same ecrlot number (R 039). If this guy purports to be a Christian....think again. If this guy DOES NOT dis-associate himself from this band of rabble (Lockport Citizens for Responsible Government) him deserves NO VOTES from anyone in Lockport. This bunch is no better than what they claim Mr. Turner is doing to Lockport. ANY kind of rabble is what it truly ....is a bunch of ....R A B B L E ! The statements made on the flyer are ALL BS. If you tell people lies over and over again...they will think they are truth. If Streit wants to show ANY CREDIBILITY...he needs to renounce this bunch of idiots ....NOW...or his "christian" ideals mean nothing.
Right on target. You make total sense.

Here is the real smoking gun, mine were actually delivered by the same postal carrier that usually delivers my mail. He was wearing a suspicious light blue shirt with an eagle symbol on his bag, blue pants and even had a strange safari type hat on. That was the final straw.

Oh and who do they think they are sourcing the articles with dates and publications, that just goes show it is pure RABBLE. Those articles and votes are off limits. And Kelly Turner is off limits to these mail carrier thugs. His record is off limits to the voters as well.

No christian would allow Kelly Turner's record of anti development to be sent out by any person or group in the city. Evil forces are at work here. How did this make it past the postal inspectors that were stationed on every corner and block?

The real disgrace here is Kelly Turner has not sent anything out even mentioning Steve Streit's name. He has ran a spiffy clean campaign. No scurrilous or obscene attacks whatsoever.
seriously

Lockport, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Apr 3, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

4

Chumbalone wrote:
<quoted text> the same ecrlot number (R 039)
Don't want to ruin your conspiracy but the ecrlot number (R 039) stands for "Enhanced Carrier Route Line of Travel" This a discount Flat rate that bulk mailers receive for mailing using the USPS (that would be the United States Postal Service in case you think that is some new world order acronym). The codes are for internal use with the USPS, nothing to do with the sender. So Mike, in addition the (R 039) also is not a secret code satanic code either, it is your carrier route number, you are on carrier route 39 for all your mail.

Some of you, like you Mike Dum should just give up and stay out of politics, you are out of your league. Every notice all your candidates lose, your about to take a stomping here in a few days, again.
Kay Oss

Lockport, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Apr 3, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

5

yes wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes his personal bankruptcy is our business
If he can't properly manage his own personal finances how can he manage the millions of OUR tax dollars? I'm not interested taking that chance.
The same applies to Streit's involvement in the Chamber of Commerce financial fiasco.

These "choices" suck. EVEN IF you chose the lessor of two evils, you are STILL voting for evil.
Lockport Local

Lockport, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Apr 3, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Kay Oss wrote:
<quoted text>
The same applies to Streit's involvement in the Chamber of Commerce financial fiasco.
These "choices" suck. EVEN IF you chose the lessor of two evils, you are STILL voting for evil.
The "Slimy slate" worship at the feet of "El Diablo" for the purpose of power! The people in the Chamber are business people trying to make the Lockport Community a better place. When you sully the people in the Chamber, you sully business people, bankers, members of the Rotary, members of the clergy, members of the Lions Club, members of all kinds of volunteer organizations. You don't see any of the Turner slate out doing anything in public. If it's not about them they are not to be found.
seriously

Lockport, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Apr 3, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Kay Oss wrote:
<quoted text>
The same applies to Streit's involvement in the Chamber of Commerce financial fiasco.
These "choices" suck. EVEN IF you chose the lessor of two evils, you are STILL voting for evil.
Keen eye Kate...very Keen eye. You have a laid a powerful case. I have no defense. The Chamber is an evil organization and the fact that Steve didn't join until after the event that put them in debt was already on the books even makes Steve more guilty. His lack of involvement is what makes it very suspicious. He along with other hundred of members are pure evil. Kate you have wisdom. That's what I like about you.

Steve joining the chamber as a business owner like hundreds of others and Turner's 10 elections and record of ant-development and shady deals are nearly identical. Except Steve is worse IMO. Keen eye Kate.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Apr 3, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

4

Kay Oss wrote:
<quoted text>
The same applies to Streit's involvement in the Chamber of Commerce financial fiasco.
These "choices" suck. EVEN IF you chose the lessor of two evils, you are STILL voting for evil.
Steve was not on the board during this alledged big swindle. Of course we all know it was nothing more than a event didn't pan out as hoped.

Think about it, HEAD COWARD and company give away more than that in a month to you know who, without bids, without itemization.

Let the business members deal with the chamber. Oh thats right, HEAD COWARD doesn't have his busniess in town and does not belong to the chamber.
Mike Dum

Lockport, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Apr 3, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

thoughts or ideas wrote:
<quoted text>
Steve was not on the board during this alledged big swindle. Of course we all know it was nothing more than a event didn't pan out as hoped.
Think about it, HEAD COWARD and company give away more than that in a month to you know who, without bids, without itemization.
Let the business members deal with the chamber. Oh thats right, HEAD COWARD doesn't have his busniess in town and does not belong to the chamber.
Not to mention the Chamber is not a public company, it's a private organization and it never filed Bankruptcy and then gave it's board a pay raise afterwards. Sound familiar? But why do facts matter when you can lie.

It's a good thing Turner has fans like Mike Dum (Daum), who else would be lacking literacy enough to support Turner and his minions.
Kay Oss

Lockport, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Apr 3, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
Keen eye Kate...very Keen eye. You have a laid a powerful case. I have no defense. The Chamber is an evil organization and the fact that Steve didn't join until after the event that put them in debt was already on the books even makes Steve more guilty. His lack of involvement is what makes it very suspicious. He along with other hundred of members are pure evil. Kate you have wisdom. That's what I like about you.
Steve joining the chamber as a business owner like hundreds of others and Turner's 10 elections and record of ant-development and shady deals are nearly identical. Except Steve is worse IMO. Keen eye Kate.
Hey dimbulb, The name is "KAY"

And yep. that Steve is a total weenie!
Lockport Local

Lockport, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Apr 3, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
Keen eye Kate...very Keen eye. You have a laid a powerful case. I have no defense. The Chamber is an evil organization and the fact that Steve didn't join until after the event that put them in debt was already on the books even makes Steve more guilty. His lack of involvement is what makes it very suspicious. He along with other hundred of members are pure evil. Kate you have wisdom. That's what I like about you.
Steve joining the chamber as a business owner like hundreds of others and Turner's 10 elections and record of ant-development and shady deals are nearly identical. Except Steve is worse IMO. Keen eye Kate.
Where has Kate been this whole election season? She probably has sat on her hands the last two years. She now is "keen eyes"? Kate: it's "Too little too late KATE". I am sure she has attended the City Council meetings on a regular basis. She has stood up and cheered for Turner, appreciated the brilliance of 4th Ward Mary, ogled over her favorite women's rights candidate Tom Kelly, and gave Van Dyke congratulations on his great oratory snooze sessions.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

26 Users are viewing the Lockport Forum right now

Search the Lockport Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Summit Dr....most unfilled potholes of any city... 1 hr Abc 48
Investors never invest their own money (Apr '11) 3 hr Seagar 6,104
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr truth 49,025
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 4 hr Corrupt Democrats 1,878
Homer Glen balks at paying for cops at LTHS 6 hr jagstick 21
Seal Coating non coal tar 7 hr TOTALLY HAPPY 4
let's save the middle class!! (Jan '14) 9 hr Boom 47
•••
•••
•••
•••

Lockport Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Lockport People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Lockport News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lockport
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••