New Mall in New Lennox
Mark

Bolingbrook, IL

#1 May 11, 2007
I just bought a new house in Lockport and I have heard my neighbors mentioning about th new mall that will be built in New Lennox once the I-355 is completed. They are saying, it's quite big and comparable to the Mall of America. Have you heard about this?
RICH Lockport IL

Homer Glen, IL

#2 May 12, 2007
Mark,

Yes.. it is true... near cedar and route 6...

here is a link to cedar crossings
http://www.cedarcrossings.com/

also google "new lenox mall" to gather more information.

hope this helps
Mark

Englewood, CO

#3 May 14, 2007
Thanks Rich. Through the link you provided, it looks like the developer is Zaremba Group LLC. I heard that Forest City Enterprises, the developer of Bolingbrook's Promenade, is the developer. But then again, these are all rumors. Forest City's website did not mention something about this development. But nevertheless, it's something that we can forward to!
chas

United States

#4 Jul 30, 2007
Actually two developers are building. One Zaremba on the West Side is building a big box development. And Forest City will build a 1.5 million sf lifestyle mall on the east side. So...no...not like the mall of america...but still plenty of shopping
time4change

Lockport, IL

#5 Jul 31, 2007
Mark wrote:
I just bought a new house in Lockport and I have heard my neighbors mentioning about th new mall that will be built in New Lennox once the I-355 is completed. They are saying, it's quite big and comparable to the Mall of America. Have you heard about this?
Welcome Neighbor! I think you're going to like it here...

“Be True To YourEgo”

Since: Apr 07

Lockport

#6 Jul 31, 2007
time4change wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome Neighbor! I think you're going to like it here...
Yes, it sure is time for a change! And, welcome all of you, and neighbors!
Bearsfan2

United States

#7 Aug 1, 2007
My buddy who is going to be working on the project heard its supposed to be bigger than the mall of america. My wife hopes its true but wallet says otherwise.
tony d

Mokena, IL

#8 Sep 8, 2007
Most of the articles in the local papers say the forest city mall will be the second largest in illinois(woodfield), but still much smaller than mall of america. the m.o.a. is always mentioned because it's the same developer. maybe if you combine the first mall and cedar crossings, we will be somewhere closer to m.o.a.
EASY NOW

United States

#9 Sep 13, 2007
Does anybody remember Old Chicago, in bolingbrook near rte 55 on rte 53, it was a big mall with an amusement park in the middle of it. I had some great times there in the 70's. I guess it was ahead of its times because they closed it and put up a parking lot.
Steven

Temple, GA

#10 Sep 14, 2007
EASY NOW wrote:
Does anybody remember Old Chicago, in bolingbrook near rte 55 on rte 53, it was a big mall with an amusement park in the middle of it. I had some great times there in the 70's. I guess it was ahead of its times because they closed it and put up a parking lot.
Your right! "Old Chicago" was a great amusement park. I recall only one store being open at the perimeter of the park. Perhaps the park could not bring in enough revenue or was too far from the general public. I wonder if this concept could work again in the Chicagoland area?
Hugo

Hinsdale, IL

#11 May 23, 2013
RICH Lockport IL wrote:
Mark,
Yes.. it is true... near cedar and route 6...
here is a link to cedar crossings
http://www.cedarcrossings.com/
also google "new lenox mall" to gather more information.
hope this helps
It's still an Empty field...
Bob

Glen Ellyn, IL

#12 Jun 26, 2013
Good

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lockport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2016, the current electorate realized no develo... 8 min Troll Killer 3
Lockport Freshman campus 1 hr Computer critic 5
Lockport vs New Lenox 1 hr Newt Rodgers 8
News Stateville gets new lease on life as Pontiac pr... (May '08) 4 hr Questioning 53
Investors never invest their own money (Apr '11) 15 hr VA HOPE 10,650
News Highway plans near Lockport may violate Civil R... Aug 20 Elliot Ness 1
It is going to be election time Aug 12 Eric 34

Lockport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lockport Mortgages