Lockport Chamber Of Commerce State Of...

Lockport Chamber Of Commerce State Of The City Address Held In Homer Glen?

Posted in the Lockport Forum

Hardliner

Homer Glen, IL

#1 Feb 1, 2013
I just read in the Lockport Legend that the annual Lockport Chamber of Commerce State of The City address was held at DiNolfo’s in Homer Glen. Somebody want to tell me why it wasn’t held at a Lockport Business? Couldn’t this have been held at the American Legion Hall at 151st and Archer or Broken Arrow? Did DiNolfo’s host this free of charge? If not I find it absolutely shameful that they spent Lockport’s money in another town. Come to think of it I guess that makes sense as I end up spending most of my money in other towns due to Lockport’s lack of quality retail and restaurant development.
Lockport Local

Lockport, IL

#2 Feb 1, 2013
Hardliner wrote:
I just read in the Lockport Legend that the annual Lockport Chamber of Commerce State of The City address was held at DiNolfo’s in Homer Glen. Somebody want to tell me why it wasn’t held at a Lockport Business? Couldn’t this have been held at the American Legion Hall at 151st and Archer or Broken Arrow? Did DiNolfo’s host this free of charge? If not I find it absolutely shameful that they spent Lockport’s money in another town. Come to think of it I guess that makes sense as I end up spending most of my money in other towns due to Lockport’s lack of quality retail and restaurant development.
I agree that if a function has to do with city business it should take place within the city limits when possible. The previous State of the City took place at the Landing. The 2011 presentation took place at Praire Bluff Golf course. Maybe they move around to take in more of the Lockport business community.

As far as spending Lockport money outside of Lockport that has been happening much too often. Can we mention Robinson Engineering (South Holland) with large donations of no bid contracts, Bert and Ernie's law firm from Evergreen Park with billings for who knows what. How about Justin Fentress being paid for hiding in Central Illinois and pretending to represent the 3rd Ward. What went on a week ago Friday may not be right, but it's a "drop in the bucket" when compared to what the "Slimys" have been up to these last 20 plus months.
Hardliner

Homer Glen, IL

#3 Feb 1, 2013
Lockport Local wrote:
<quoted text>I agree that if a function has to do with city business it should take place within the city limits when possible. The previous State of the City took place at the Landing. The 2011 presentation took place at Praire Bluff Golf course. Maybe they move around to take in more of the Lockport business community.
As far as spending Lockport money outside of Lockport that has been happening much too often. Can we mention Robinson Engineering (South Holland) with large donations of no bid contracts, Bert and Ernie's law firm from Evergreen Park with billings for who knows what. How about Justin Fentress being paid for hiding in Central Illinois and pretending to represent the 3rd Ward. What went on a week ago Friday may not be right, but it's a "drop in the bucket" when compared to what the "Slimys" have been up to these last 20 plus months.
My point has more to do with the principal at hand here than the greater sum of money the city has blown elsewhere. That is a story for a different thread. The recession may have ended on Wall Street or Pennsylvania Ave but it is still tough sledding for the majority of Americans including many who live here in Lockport. The idea that our chamber of commerce budgeted money to be spent in a town other than Lockport to hold this event is laughable at best.
Total BS

Homer Glen, IL

#4 Feb 1, 2013
Hardliner wrote:
I just read in the Lockport Legend that the annual Lockport Chamber of Commerce State of The City address was held at DiNolfo’s in Homer Glen. Somebody want to tell me why it wasn’t held at a Lockport Business? Couldn’t this have been held at the American Legion Hall at 151st and Archer or Broken Arrow? Did DiNolfo’s host this free of charge? If not I find it absolutely shameful that they spent Lockport’s money in another town. Come to think of it I guess that makes sense as I end up spending most of my money in other towns due to Lockport’s lack of quality retail and restaurant development.
That is TOTAL BS!! Is there anything we can we do about it???
Abc

Chicago, IL

#5 Feb 1, 2013
I support the Chamber and think its ridiculous that Turner is trying to drag them through the mud, but I completely agree on this one. DiNolfos is a nice place, but that event needs to happen in Lockport. Frankly, I don't care where, but it needed to be held somewhere with a Lockport address
Lockport Opinion

Lockport, IL

#6 Feb 2, 2013
The chamber and Mary Kay seem to want everything out of Lockport. I guess we don't have anything good enough for them.

The state of the city was held in Homer and the Gala was in Lemont at Narnia Estates.

What does that say about what they think of our town?
Some One

Lemont, IL

#7 Feb 2, 2013
Lockport Opinion wrote:
The chamber and Mary Kay seem to want everything out of Lockport. I guess we don't have anything good enough for them.
The state of the city was held in Homer and the Gala was in Lemont at Narnia Estates.
What does that say about what they think of our town?
Narnia is in the City of Lockport now. Annexed in about 3 yrs ago I think.
Hardliner

Homer Glen, IL

#8 Feb 2, 2013
Some One wrote:
<quoted text>
Narnia is in the City of Lockport now. Annexed in about 3 yrs ago I think.
That is not correct. Do a google search on Narnia Estates and you will find that it has a Lemont address.
Some One

Lemont, IL

#9 Feb 2, 2013
Hardliner wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not correct. Do a google search on Narnia Estates and you will find that it has a Lemont address.
Google is wrong, it's using the old address information. Call the city or the Police Department it's in the City of Lockport.
Hardliner

Homer Glen, IL

#10 Feb 2, 2013
Lockport Opinion wrote:
The chamber and Mary Kay seem to want everything out of Lockport. I guess we don't have anything good enough for them.
The state of the city was held in Homer and the Gala was in Lemont at Narnia Estates.
What does that say about what they think of our town?
That is why this bothers me. When our own Chamber of Commerce budgets their money to be spent outside of the very city they represent it is not only embarrassing but also an insult to all Lockport residents. Do as I say not as I do I guess. In the meantime I am going to follow their lead and have dinner in Oak Brook tonight. It doesn't bother them to go out of town to spend their money so I am not going to let it bother me anymore.
Hardliner

Homer Glen, IL

#11 Feb 2, 2013
Some One wrote:
<quoted text>
Google is wrong, it's using the old address information. Call the city or the Police Department it's in the City of Lockport.
I will check it out later, either way it does not change the fact that our Chamber of Commerce just went out and celebrated their lack of accomplishments in Lockport at a Homer Glen business.
Some One

Lemont, IL

#12 Feb 2, 2013
Hardliner wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not correct. Do a google search on Narnia Estates and you will find that it has a Lemont address.
http://www.lockportchamber.com/nl/april2011ne...
Here is an article from 2011 listing Narnia in the city. Many list it as Lemont in error. All you have to do is look at the city map during a meeting or call Narnia.
Abc

Chicago, IL

#13 Feb 2, 2013
Going to DiNolfo's bugs me, but Narnia is in Lockport.
Oak Tree

Homer Glen, IL

#14 Feb 2, 2013
All the back and forth about Narnia takes away from the point, even the Lockport Chamber of Commerce spent its money elsewhere -- they didn't hold it at Narnia, they held it at DiNolfo’s.

Why not Public Landing, the VFW, the American Legion, or even Narnia if it's truly in Lockport?

If our own Chamber of Commerce doesn't patronize Lockport businesses, what hope is there for the business owners in town?
Lockport Opinion

United States

#15 Feb 2, 2013
OK, so they do not respect Lockport 50% of the time. It's still not right.
Morgan

Lockport, IL

#16 Feb 2, 2013
Lockport Opinion wrote:
OK, so they do not respect Lockport 50% of the time. It's still not right.
I agree.
Lockport Local

Lockport, IL

#17 Feb 2, 2013
Hardliner wrote:
<quoted text>
That is why this bothers me. When our own Chamber of Commerce budgets their money to be spent outside of the very city they represent it is not only embarrassing but also an insult to all Lockport residents. Do as I say not as I do I guess. In the meantime I am going to follow their lead and have dinner in Oak Brook tonight. It doesn't bother them to go out of town to spend their money so I am not going to let it bother me anymore.
Having dinner in Oak Brook tonight is a good thing! That is your right to spend your money wherever it pleases you. Voting for Turner April 9th is also your right. The question is would it be an intellegent act? That would also be an "embarrassment and insult to all Lockport residents".
Oak Tree

Homer Glen, IL

#18 Feb 2, 2013
Lockport Local wrote:
<quoted text>Having dinner in Oak Brook tonight is a good thing! That is your right to spend your money wherever it pleases you. Voting for Turner April 9th is also your right. The question is would it be an intellegent act? That would also be an "embarrassment and insult to all Lockport residents".
Every post turns into something about Turner...I'm not voting for him and neither is anyone else I know. He does not act like someone who is interested helping our community, only dividing it over old, personal grudges.

It seems everyone on this forum has a concern with the Lockport Chamber of Commerce needing to go outside city limits to host an activity. That's the real shame...Iron Horse wasn't good enough? Those folks gave people Thanksgiving Day meals, yet our own Chamber of Commerce couldn't repay their kindness and act of selflessness. Hope someone from the Iron Horse tavern gets on the Chamber of Commerce, maybe he or she could show them how this works, because they really let the good people of Lockport down with this one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lockport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Proud of Mayor Streit 11 hr Kelly T 10
News New Lenox has paid nearly $1 million in police ... 12 hr Jack Webb 19
Car show is starting to blow 19 hr Porter 8
fairmont school board's failing leadership Sun Fairmont Questioner 63
Neighborhood family puts on 1 1/2 hr fireworks... Sun nunya 17
Investors never invest their own money (Apr '11) Sun Halloween 10,613
Amvets or Goodwill drop box in Lockport? Sun Nikki 3

Lockport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lockport Mortgages