Great Letters to the Editor

Great Letters to the Editor

Posted in the Lockport Forum

Read These

Lake Zurich, IL

#1 Apr 7, 2013
These letters were emailed to me this evening:

Dear Editor:

The Adelmannís have proudly called Lockport our home for generations. Through the good times and the bad, our relationships have made Lockport more than a city to us. It has become our family. I have never written an election related letter to the editor, but I feel it is necessary now, given our choices for mayor on April 9th.

Steve Streit has proven to be an intelligent, hard- working, family-oriented leader in our community. He has shown his ability to work with others to bring economic development to Lockport. He has displayed a genuine interest in accomplishing good things for our city and behaves in a professional manner that enhances the reputation of Lockport.

In these difficult economic times, I believe that Steve has the skills to bring people together toward the common goal of returning Lockport to the status we once enjoyed just a few short years ago.

Steve is running against Kelly Turner, a man who has shown himself to be a divider, driving Lockport off its path. Embarrassing us with his unprofessional behavior, questionable use of tax dollars and petty arguments.

Steve Streit will embrace all that has made Lockport great and will move us in the right direction. I am proud to support his candidacy for Mayor and encourage Lockport residents to vote for him on Election Day.

Denny Adelmann Reiter
Lockport Resident
Read These

Lake Zurich, IL

#2 Apr 7, 2013
Letter #2:

Dear Editor:

My family has lived in Lockport for generations and we have always been proud of our city. My mother and father and siblings have been a part of church and civic groups and have contributed to our schools and city in many different ways.

We believe that this election is one of the most important that Lockport has ever faced and the contrast between the Mayoral and Aldermanic candidates could not be more stark. Over the last two years, some of our City Council members have acted extremely unprofessionally and have stalled economic development, embarrassing many of us who have raised our families in this great city.

We have an opportunity to elect professional, visionary people to lead Lockport on April 9th. Steve Streit and Brian Smith have proven that they will put the well-being of Lockport before their own political successes. They support economic development that will enrich our community and are responsible family men who we can trust. Thatís why we will be supporting Steve Streit for Mayor and Brian Smith for Alderman in the Second Ward on Election Day.

Jeff Rutter
Lockport Resident
People do Care

Lockport, IL

#3 Apr 7, 2013
Steve Streit should be elected if people want prosperity in Lockport and development of restaurants, good shopping, quality stores, etc. They should want our town revitalized! It is the focal point of our community. Thank you for your pioneer families and all the good words. This is what Lockport was built on...let Steve bring it back to us!
It is over for them

Lockport, IL

#4 Apr 8, 2013
Vested interested in this town makes these people's letters all the more meaningful. It is important to them and the legacy of this town not to have a group of people representing this town and making this town look valueless! It is important to know that upstanding citizens such as the two congressmen and the people who had ancestors in this town long before THE MINION WAS BORN ARE PUTTING THEIR VOTE FOR STEVE! GO STEVE! FOUR MORE VOTES FOR STEVE FROM THIS HOUSE!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#7 Apr 9, 2013
EJCDad wrote:
I agree. Rutter is a f****** blowhard! He f***** us hard when he was on the school board. F*** him!
Aww isn't it too bad for you that I registered and we know that you're the immature little child who shouldn't be let anywhere near a keyboard
It is over for them

Lockport, IL

#8 Apr 11, 2013
Vested interested in my Hermaphrodite parts makes all these people jealous!! The oozing boils on my cottage-cheese-like buttocks are now all the more meaningful. It is important to me and the legacy of me not to have a group of people resenting my Hermaphrodite parts and making me look vaginaless! It is important to know that no upstanding citizens such as anyone but myself would ever even smile at me. Even the two congressmen and the people who had ancestors in this town long before THE BUNYON WAS BORN ON MY CHIN ARE PUTTING THEIR VOTE FOR STINKY ME! GO STINKY ME! FOUR MORE BOTTLES OF BOOZE FOR STINKY ME IN THIS HOUSE!
Weirdo that lost

Lockport, IL

#9 Apr 11, 2013
Here he is again. It is the sexual pervert. Ignore him, he is a lame duck now and he is years young..hahahaha. He better look in the mirror. The rest of us do not have to talk filthy so there is only one on here going from computer to computer. It didn't help at election and it is worthy of printing it and using it in your bathroom. That is where his lying postcards went.
LANDSLIDE LKPT

Lockport, IL

#10 Apr 11, 2013
Read These wrote:
These letters were emailed to me this evening:
Dear Editor:
The Adelmannís have proudly called Lockport our home for generations. Through the good times and the bad, our relationships have made Lockport more than a city to us. It has become our family. I have never written an election related letter to the editor, but I feel it is necessary now, given our choices for mayor on April 9th.
Steve Streit has proven to be an intelligent, hard- working, family-oriented leader in our community. He has shown his ability to work with others to bring economic development to Lockport. He has displayed a genuine interest in accomplishing good things for our city and behaves in a professional manner that enhances the reputation of Lockport.
In these difficult economic times, I believe that Steve has the skills to bring people together toward the common goal of returning Lockport to the status we once enjoyed just a few short years ago.
Steve is running against Kelly Turner, a man who has shown himself to be a divider, driving Lockport off its path. Embarrassing us with his unprofessional behavior, questionable use of tax dollars and petty arguments.
Steve Streit will embrace all that has made Lockport great and will move us in the right direction. I am proud to support his candidacy for Mayor and encourage Lockport residents to vote for him on Election Day.
Denny Adelmann Reiter
Lockport Resident
Thanks for your help! Landslide!
LANDSLIDE LKPT

Lockport, IL

#11 Apr 11, 2013
Read These wrote:
Letter #2:
Dear Editor:
My family has lived in Lockport for generations and we have always been proud of our city. My mother and father and siblings have been a part of church and civic groups and have contributed to our schools and city in many different ways.
We believe that this election is one of the most important that Lockport has ever faced and the contrast between the Mayoral and Aldermanic candidates could not be more stark. Over the last two years, some of our City Council members have acted extremely unprofessionally and have stalled economic development, embarrassing many of us who have raised our families in this great city.
We have an opportunity to elect professional, visionary people to lead Lockport on April 9th. Steve Streit and Brian Smith have proven that they will put the well-being of Lockport before their own political successes. They support economic development that will enrich our community and are responsible family men who we can trust. Thatís why we will be supporting Steve Streit for Mayor and Brian Smith for Alderman in the Second Ward on Election Day.
Jeff Rutter
Lockport Resident
Thanks for your help! Landslide!
Weirdo that lost

Lockport, IL

#12 Apr 11, 2013
Here I am again. It is me, the sexual pervert. Please don't Ignore me, I am an ugly duck and I haven't been young in, well, forever!! At least since the early 1930's!!..hahahaha. I can't look in the mirror! I broke too many already!! The rest of my personalities do not have to talk filthy so there is only one on here going from computer to computer. It didn't help ANY man's erection and it is not even worthy of printing it and using it in the bathroom. That is where my future chance for love went.
Suck it up

Lockport, IL

#13 Apr 12, 2013
The residents won! The sexual screw up lost! The dirty old man lost! It is wonderful! Bye....lol.
Suck it up

Lockport, IL

#14 Apr 12, 2013
The residents want my keyboard laid in the street and run over a few thousand times! I AM The sexual screw up loser! The dirty old hermaphrodite loser! It is wonderful! Bye....lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lockport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Investors never invest their own money (Apr '11) 2 min skeptical 9,740
Removal of Ash Trees 11 hr cthulhu 10
Awesome Canal Days! Fri theobald 11
Lockport Legend Thu Robert Thomas 1
Is Pete Colarelli the Mayor's Hatchet Man? Thu dog pee 18
Governor Rauner the Taxpayer's Hero Thu Robert Thomas 15
City wide scavenger hunt Jun 30 theobald 30
More from around the web

Lockport People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE