Duke of Lockport

Mokena, IL

#85 Sep 13, 2008
This was posted by Woodworth on his blog site:

He says: "Right now, I am undecided. It would be an honor to serve the people living in my ward (if I were Alderman) or the people living in Lockport as a whole (if I ran for mayor). I think we could do some great things in Lockport to maintain the integrity of that "small town" feel, while strategically managing the growth to maintain that integrity. It seems like a lot of residents in Lockport share that vision. We want growth, but responsible growth."
OJMinutes

Wheaton, IL

#87 Sep 21, 2008
Colarelli, Tom Kelly and "Mayor Murphy" need to take Piazza's lead and get out of politics altogether.
Long Time Local

AOL

#88 Oct 5, 2008
Is your street so special Trivedi? There was an interesting article in the Weekly Reporter (Oct 4-10) about a water main break on Dagget Street in Lockport. The police had to divert traffic because State Street was being flooded. They diverted it one street over on Boehme Street which happened to be the street Alderman Dev Trivedi lives on. Mr. Trivedi allegedly became so outraged that the cars were driving down his street he went to tell the officer to stop sending them down his street. The officer was unaware of any law prohibiting cars from going down that street so disregarded his order. That reportedly didn't sit well with the Alderman and as the article states he does not have any legal control over police officers but he has a friend that does. He contacted Chief Kendziora and the chief contacted the officer at the scene that was in charge of emergency traffic control. He ordered him to block access to Boehme Street were Trivedi lives and ordered him to send the traffic down another street. If that were my street I am sure they would have told me that I would just have to temporarily deal with the inconvenience. Oh wait matter a fact in the past I have had to deal with it. Why do you think your street and you for that matter are so special Trivedi. Is it because your are a tax payer like the rest of us or because you are a ALDERMAN. Since you demand and GET special favors as an Alderman I just can't wait to see what you will get away with if you run and God Forbid become Mayor.
Lockport local

Bartlett, IL

#89 Oct 5, 2008
Long Time Local wrote:
Is your street so special Trivedi? There was an interesting article in the Weekly Reporter (Oct 4-10) about a water main break on Dagget Street in Lockport. The police had to divert traffic because State Street was being flooded. They diverted it one street over on Boehme Street which happened to be the street Alderman Dev Trivedi lives on. Mr. Trivedi allegedly became so outraged that the cars were driving down his street he went to tell the officer to stop sending them down his street. The officer was unaware of any law prohibiting cars from going down that street so disregarded his order. That reportedly didn't sit well with the Alderman and as the article states he does not have any legal control over police officers but he has a friend that does. He contacted Chief Kendziora and the chief contacted the officer at the scene that was in charge of emergency traffic control. He ordered him to block access to Boehme Street were Trivedi lives and ordered him to send the traffic down another street. If that were my street I am sure they would have told me that I would just have to temporarily deal with the inconvenience. Oh wait matter a fact in the past I have had to deal with it. Why do you think your street and you for that matter are so special Trivedi. Is it because your are a tax payer like the rest of us or because you are a ALDERMAN. Since you demand and GET special favors as an Alderman I just can't wait to see what you will get away with if you run and God Forbid become Mayor.
It sounds like the "Weakly" reporter must sit on the Alderman's street waiting for a water main to break in the neighborhood. Then the person who posted here can pre-empt the reporter's October 4-10 exposition of the "truth". The "Weakly" reporter is still the rag that you rap fish in, before it hits your driveway.
Lockport opinion

AOL

#90 Oct 5, 2008
Anonymous wrote:
"There obviously needs to be a culture change at the Fairmont School District. There are several ways this can get done. I suggest finding a way that provides immediate results. This can be done by gathering concerned parents/members of the community and form a focus group for change. We have to make the administration accountable for their actions.
It won't happen overnight. We all need to be committed".- GEORGE FORTIER
Unfortunately Fairmont School is in a class by itself. The education there is for below average, teachers are far below average. No one of any class wants their children going there. Schools haven't at one tine(don't know it is is stillbeing done) stop all competitive sports for being held there. Fairmonts are known for guns and knives, and threats against the whites. Anyone who would buy a new home there without checking the school district would have to be complete fools. The Give something Back Foundation is working on ways to improve and help these kids go to college, giving them gree scholarships for goods grades. They have yet to get a taker.
Lockport opinion

AOL

#91 Oct 5, 2008
If George wants to be mayor, he needs to get information about himself out there. Fairmont is the least of Lockports problems. He will never fly off of that.
Lockport opinion

AOL

#92 Oct 5, 2008
Lockport opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately Fairmont School is in a class by itself. The education there is for below average, teachers are far below average. No one of any class wants their children going there. Schools haven't at one tine(don't know it is is stillbeing done) stop all competitive sports for being held there. Fairmonts are known for guns and knives, and threats against the whites. Anyone who would buy a new home there without checking the school district would have to be complete fools. The Give something Back Foundation is working on ways to improve and help these kids go to college, giving them gree scholarships for goods grades. They have yet to get a taker.
It's free and not gree for the spelling critics.
Lockport opinion

AOL

#93 Oct 5, 2008
Lockport local wrote:
<quoted text>
It sounds like the "Weakly" reporter must sit on the Alderman's street waiting for a water main to break in the neighborhood. Then the person who posted here can pre-empt the reporter's October 4-10 exposition of the "truth". The "Weakly" reporter is still the rag that you rap fish in, before it hits your driveway.
The Weekly Reporter spoke the whole truth about what Dev and done. I also live there and I know Dev did this, as a neighbor he is a very strange person. The reporter seeks out the truth.
Sack of Shrimp

Lockport, IL

#94 Oct 5, 2008
Lockport local wrote:
<quoted text>
It sounds like the "Weakly" reporter must sit on the Alderman's street waiting for a water main to break in the neighborhood. Then the person who posted here can pre-empt the reporter's October 4-10 exposition of the "truth". The "Weakly" reporter is still the rag that you rap fish in, before it hits your driveway.
The weekly distorter!! The creepy, ex-con unemployed little old man (john Gabriel) with the camera around his neck plays the reporter and he gets his script from Kelly Turner each week. Larry Walsh with the DUI and currently under investigation by the FBI is a so-called writer for the "paper" too. Misspelled captions in every story and a circulation of about 100 copies. The candidates that pay for the rent of the office and the printing of the paper also have paper routes like little boys to pass it out.

Its pure comedy when people take themselves so seriously. I hope it never goes away but it likely will after the election. I will miss seeing Phil Petrakos giant 30 pound arm raising up out his car window to throw them in his neighbors driveway.
Long Time Local

AOL

#95 Oct 5, 2008
I could care less about the reporter but the facts are the facts. I had heard from people in Trivedi's 4th Ward (which I happen to live in) what had happened. This is definitely not the first time Trivedi has felt he had more authority then just a Alderman.
Not Impressed

Lockport, IL

#96 Oct 5, 2008
Lockport opinion wrote:
If George wants to be mayor, he needs to get information about himself out there. Fairmont is the least of Lockports problems. He will never fly off of that.
Fairmont isn't in the city, it's in the Township. You have to run for Township Government if you want to fix it.
Sack of what

AOL

#97 Oct 5, 2008
Sack of Shrimp wrote:
<quoted text>
The weekly distorter!! The creepy, ex-con unemployed little old man (john Gabriel) with the camera around his neck plays the reporter and he gets his script from Kelly Turner each week. Larry Walsh with the DUI and currently under investigation by the FBI is a so-called writer for the "paper" too. Misspelled captions in every story and a circulation of about 100 copies. The candidates that pay for the rent of the office and the printing of the paper also have paper routes like little boys to pass it out.
Its pure comedy when people take themselves so seriously. I hope it never goes away but it likely will after the election. I will miss seeing Phil Petrakos giant 30 pound arm raising up out his car window to throw them in his neighbors driveway.
It is a free paper circulated to every household. I give these men credit for what they are doing. There DUI's or what you call creepy does not take away from the informative job that they are doing. They seek the truth and get it.
The Truth Be Told

United States

#98 Oct 6, 2008
Has anyone noticed the officials being written about have yet to refute any of the allegations? They are very good at turning the tables and trying to make Mr. Gabriel into some senile man. He is anything but that. Remember, he has yet to be sued or refuted on anything he has written! That should tell you something.
Original Lockport Opinion

United States

#99 Oct 6, 2008
And didn't Daddy Mayor run around stealing copies of the paper so no one would see the truth about his little boy?
Planet Earth

Homer Glen, IL

#100 Oct 6, 2008
Many of us happen to like the Weekly Reporter. It's a First Amendment protected right for all of you Patriots out there. If you don't like it, don't read it.
Ding-Dong

United States

#101 Oct 6, 2008
Hardliner wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't stand the current mayor, more than likely for personal reasons. But take a look around at the developement of Lockport. I could care less if Murphey is the biggest jerk in the world he has gotten results and that is all I care about.
On the other hand you want to turn the keys to the city over to an anonymous person who writes a couple of sentences in an internet blog. What do you know about George? Is he even of legal age or some 14 year having fun? Does he have a criminal record? Is he a citizen? What are his politics and credentials that makes him so qualified in your book? Oh thats right you don't know the answers to any of those basic questions but you are going to vote for him. While you are at it I want to be KING OF LOCKPORT. You will be my subject and fear me. I demand your subservience. What a fool!
And Murphy is qualified?
Ding-Dong

United States

#102 Oct 6, 2008
lockport larry wrote:
Hardliner is right the Mayor can't win with this crowd of sore losers who have a personal dislike for the current Mayor. The City sat idle for years and things are happening now. I dont see empty strip malls I see a strip mall by Thortnon St. with signs in the windows of future tennants and one by Chase with new signs every day. I see massive developments going up, hospitals, sonic, etc. But hey yeah tmubleweeds are blowing through town. You folks need to check your personal hate before you make really stupid comments like nothings happening. Thats Homer Glen, not Lockport.
Regardless, I can't arm chair quarterback these things, not qualified to, but I guess these haters here can.
Bottom line is lots of new businesses are here, downtown is getting planned for redevelopment. I like what I see. I'm sure the same old crony crowd Murphy kicked out is writing this stuff. It happens in every town.
HEY...Maybe Kelly Turner can run for office again for the fifth or seventh time and maybe win one...or Greg Piazza...or the old guy who sleeps sitting next to Murphy only to wake up and scream NO when he votes and promptly fall back asleep...they will fix it all!!! BTW that old guy with the yellow hair is a hoot!!! He doesn't even know where he is at most of the time.
Lockport is the place where developers come not avoid. But hey George, run for office. Maybe you could even tell us who you are. What your adress is, a little more about yourself. Seeing how your going to be our next Mayor.
The City sat idle because 355 wasn't in yet. There was alot of careful planning, now that 355 is in everyone wants to develop around 355 everyone wants a piece of it. Yes I am proud of Lockport and the traffic that has been brought in, and the trees that have been cut down, and the terrible roads with the potholes and the curbs that need to be replaced and the professional staff that don't want to take care of us the taxpayers. And the professional employees getting paid big bucks by our taxes. I loved Lockport back in the 1920's and boy what a change in every way possible, inside and out now in the 2008. I am all for change and development, but when does it stop? When does it slow down? In with the new and out with the old. Where does the old go? Florida? Vegas?
Surely they don't stick around and enjoy the mess they've created here in good old Lockport, Illinois! And by the way, look over at the new strip mall by Fat Sam's, all I see is vacant, I don't see any businesses there? Maybe because I am old I am losing eyesight. Dear Lord help me.
Lockport opinion

AOL

#103 Oct 6, 2008
Ding-Dong wrote:
<quoted text>
The City sat idle because 355 wasn't in yet. There was alot of careful planning, now that 355 is in everyone wants to develop around 355 everyone wants a piece of it. Yes I am proud of Lockport and the traffic that has been brought in, and the trees that have been cut down, and the terrible roads with the potholes and the curbs that need to be replaced and the professional staff that don't want to take care of us the taxpayers. And the professional employees getting paid big bucks by our taxes. I loved Lockport back in the 1920's and boy what a change in every way possible, inside and out now in the 2008. I am all for change and development, but when does it stop? When does it slow down? In with the new and out with the old. Where does the old go? Florida? Vegas?
Surely they don't stick around and enjoy the mess they've created here in good old Lockport, Illinois! And by the way, look over at the new strip mall by Fat Sam's, all I see is vacant, I don't see any businesses there? Maybe because I am old I am losing eyesight. Dear Lord help me.
The strip mall does have occupants there, I beleive 2 are in and several more will be following. The people who grew up in this town and watched it grow still remain here. Some go south for the winter but they do return. Actually I don't know how they do it, taxes in Lockport are extremely high. How do the folks in Lago Vista afford to live there? Taxes ther have to be at least 6,000 or more.
Original Lockport Opinion

Aurora, IL

#104 Oct 6, 2008
Some of the taxes in Lago Vista are well over $8,000.

It appears that there are two tenants committed to the building next to Fat Sam's right now, but only one is actually doing any building on their space. Rumor has it that the building is being foreclosed on.

There are plenty of vacancies in town. Look next to Chase, Corwin's, Walmart or the professional buildings behind Taco Bell. We have our share of vacancies and we have a lot of new construction still coming. If we pass all of the referendums coming up and these spaces don't fill up, our taxes are going through the roof.
Bob B

Aurora, IL

#105 Oct 6, 2008
Not Impressed wrote:
<quoted text>
Fairmont isn't in the city, it's in the Township. You have to run for Township Government if you want to fix it.
Only school boards fix schools; other governmental agencies have no jurisdiction over schools.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lockport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dumb and Dumber Part 3 10 hr Gomer Pyle 1
On Channel 6 10 hr Gomer Pyle 1
You little smack talker 10 hr Barney Fife 4
Did the Chamber tell Colarelli to go away? 11 hr Happy times 8
cops 12 hr Lockport local 27
Investors never invest their own money (Apr '11) 14 hr Sawlty Dawg 7,896
It's beginning to look a Lock like Christmas 15 hr JTW 5
Lockport Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Lockport People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Lockport News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lockport

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:21 pm PST

Bleacher Report 5:21PM
Trestman's QB Change Fails to Provide Spark
Bleacher Report 5:38 PM
Indianapolis Colts vs. Dallas Cowboys: Video Highlights and Recap from Week 16
Bleacher Report 6:00 PM
Colts Have Puncher's Chance in Playoffs Despite Flaws
Bleacher Report 7:50 PM
Colts Collapse Around Andrew Luck in Another Prime-Time Blowout
NBC Sports 1:03 AM
Romo, Cowboys are in after 42-7 rout of Colts - NBC Sports