Plainfield, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2011

Judged:

Pete Colarelli proved he has no interest in the average family in Lockport. I watched the meeting and he and Trivedi were the only people that wanted to raise taxes.

I didn't stop there, Colarelli and Trivedi defended spending 25 million bucks on a water scheme that you could see was clearly not needed. They want to put water towers in the downtown, how stupid looking would that be?

These guys are always for more taxes and spending, they have no idea, what hard times regular people are going through.

These guys like to hear themselves talk and after last night's meeting we've had enough.
Weiry Resident

Lockport, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2011

Judged:

Gotta Go wrote:
Pete Colarelli proved he has no interest in the average family in Lockport. I watched the meeting and he and Trivedi were the only people that wanted to raise taxes.
I didn't stop there, Colarelli and Trivedi defended spending 25 million bucks on a water scheme that you could see was clearly not needed. They want to put water towers in the downtown, how stupid looking would that be?
These guys are always for more taxes and spending, they have no idea, what hard times regular people are going through.
These guys like to hear themselves talk and after last night's meeting we've had enough.
Hogwash, deflector Kelly. Yeh, you watched it and the majority made the usual creepy decisions. Regular people like myself understand that this is an abnormal majority governing this town. The majority look stupid and you are trying your best to deflect. Start all the posts you want, you are so stupid you really think that old senile guy and the other mouthy question deflector have a chance. Wow, you are in a daze.
Weiry Resident

Lockport, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2011

Judged:

Gotta Go wrote:
The Mayor made sense you did not. The Mayor is talking quality and saving lives and you are talking that there is no one but gum chewer Russ. No way
Lago Vista

Des Plaines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2011

Judged:

Gotta Go wrote:
It's obvious you have no idea what the heck is going on. Here's what happened last night regarding the tax levy. The majority just gave all the big box property owners (Jewel complex, Wal-Mart, the Berkot's complex, the Corwin's complex, the ML Realty developer and others a HUGE TAX BREAK!!

Now, since Lockport won't be getting all of the tax money available from all of the above that mean RESIDENTIAL PROPERTY TAXES WON'T BENEFIT FROM THE HIGHER TAXES EXPECTED FROM THE COMMERCIAL PROPERTY!!

But none of that matters does it. In order to save you a couple of bucks on residential property taxes it could cost each of us $35-100 more saving if only the commercial property had been taxed properly. Brilliant.

Anyone who believes saving couple of bucks to take our water system back to the 1990's is a fool. Anyone who believes shutting two wells improves our water system is a fool.

If Denise ever shows her mug again at a Coffee with the Alderman maybe she could explain herself. You know, actually be accountable to the very people who put her in office. I've got quite a list of questions to ask her.
Justice will Prevail

Lockport, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2011

Judged:

Weiry Resident wrote:
<quoted text> The Mayor made sense you did not. The Mayor is talking quality and saving lives and you are talking that there is no one but gum chewer Russ. No way
The ONLY people who made any sense last night were the Mayor, Pete C., Brian S., and Bob P. The rest were outrageous in their thinking. This post started by their head puppeteer and it makes NO sense but then when does he? Justice will prevail at the ballot box, they have these videos which are priceless. Tom Kelly better be preparing to move to Wisconsin with his aged mother. She probably would be better fit to be on the council than he is. He is practically bedfast. There are people that see him and ask, what in the world is that guy doing on the council? He lied his way in and will continue. He needs to get beaten at the voting booth. That VanDyke needs to go. He thinks he is smarter than everybody, wow, we got a group here. Then Justin and Denice and lastly the almighty precious old car buff, Kelly. Then we will be on our way!! Anybody with intelligence could see why they picked the engineering firm they did. CMT has it all over them. Cost is not everything as we have heard over and over, the quality is everything and people's safety does matter. Come on, fire departments speak up. The residents will love you for it. You are our fire department that we pay taxes to. You protect us. The Mayor protects us. And I might add, SOME aldermen protect us.
Jason

Lockport, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2011

Judged:

Lago Vista wrote:
<quoted text>
It's obvious you have no idea what the heck is going on. Here's what happened last night regarding the tax levy. The majority just gave all the big box property owners (Jewel complex, Wal-Mart, the Berkot's complex, the Corwin's complex, the ML Realty developer and others a HUGE TAX BREAK!!
Now, since Lockport won't be getting all of the tax money available from all of the above that mean RESIDENTIAL PROPERTY TAXES WON'T BENEFIT FROM THE HIGHER TAXES EXPECTED FROM THE COMMERCIAL PROPERTY!!
But none of that matters does it. In order to save you a couple of bucks on residential property taxes it could cost each of us $35-100 more saving if only the commercial property had been taxed properly. Brilliant.
Anyone who believes saving couple of bucks to take our water system back to the 1990's is a fool. Anyone who believes shutting two wells improves our water system is a fool.
If Denise ever shows her mug again at a Coffee with the Alderman maybe she could explain herself. You know, actually be accountable to the very people who put her in office. I've got quite a list of questions to ask her.
Don't worry she won't. Would she please bring all the emails and records of the phone calls to the meetings. That kills me when they say they got positive responses, where are the people? I never saw one.
Gotta Go

Plainfield, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2011

Judged:

You can tell which angry idiots post on here. Colarelli and the bunch are on the side of spending 25 million bucks when the town doesn't need to.

It's always the same with him and his angry bunch, they don't want to work with the others and it's painfully clear.

Spend money that isn't theirs. If you don't agree with them they call you names and libel people for their opinions. They are indeed the creepy ones.

What do they have to gain by spending so much money? After the vote on the taxes Colarelli and Trivedi proved they could care less about working people.

What does Colarelli do for a living? What does Trivedi do for a living? I'll bet it doesn't have anything to do with compassion for working people.
Concerned Too

Homer Glen, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2011

Judged:

How many people in the private sector have lost a job, taken a pay cut, or not received a pay increase over the past few years? I know many and I am sure you do too. How about the public sector take a pay freeze for a couple of years, change the pension system to a 401k program, pay for their benefits like we do, take on an increased work load by becoming more efficient...and STOP increasing our taxes on our homes that have dropped in value by about 25%???!!!
You were elected to serve the people...why not start by taking your eyes off yourself and putting others needs above your own?!
David

Lockport, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2011

Judged:

Gotta Go wrote:
You can tell which angry idiots post on here. Colarelli and the bunch are on the side of spending 25 million bucks when the town doesn't need to.
It's always the same with him and his angry bunch, they don't want to work with the others and it's painfully clear.
Spend money that isn't theirs. If you don't agree with them they call you names and libel people for their opinions. They are indeed the creepy ones.
What do they have to gain by spending so much money? After the vote on the taxes Colarelli and Trivedi proved they could care less about working people.
What does Colarelli do for a living? What does Trivedi do for a living? I'll bet it doesn't have anything to do with compassion for working people.
Why in the h are you talking about Pete and Dev? It makes no sense like you don't all the time. Pete works and has a large family and Dev works at a lab. Now Turner does nothing but brag and his yearly assits are nill or he would not have had to refinance his house to have his various and numerous campaigns. You are skirting the issue. They want the citizens to live due to water safety as do the fire dept. but the majority did not even care enough to go to a meeting with the fire depts. in attendance. Last night the Mayor and Pete C. were the only ones who made any sense. You are skirting, spinning and trying your best for yourself as usual. Go back to your computer and think up more lies. If you cared at all about the citizens you would tell them answers to the questions, you are spending their money and you don't give a hoot about the taxpapers. Who are you kidding, not us. Save you unintelligent posts and go to anger management classes with Tom.
David

Lockport, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2011

Judged:

Gotta Go wrote:
still another name and one down the list for Kelly. He keeps it up like someone is listening to him. I would listen to a child before him. He has nothing I want to hear and so many others feel the same way. Go Balich and the tea party, says Turner. You could see who he hangs out with. The Mayor fixed him good. Many thanks!
10footMidget

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2011

David wrote:
<quoted text>Why in the h are you talking about Pete and Dev? It makes no sense like you don't all the time. Pete works and has a large family and Dev works at a lab. Now Turner does nothing but brag and his yearly assits are nill or he would not have had to refinance his house to have his various and numerous campaigns. You are skirting the issue. They want the citizens to live due to water safety as do the fire dept. but the majority did not even care enough to go to a meeting with the fire depts. in attendance. Last night the Mayor and Pete C. were the only ones who made any sense. You are skirting, spinning and trying your best for yourself as usual. Go back to your computer and think up more lies. If you cared at all about the citizens you would tell them answers to the questions, you are spending their money and you don't give a hoot about the taxpapers. Who are you kidding, not us. Save you unintelligent posts and go to anger management classes with Tom.
Now you can answer a question....if you attended or watched the meeting....who was the ONLY council person, besides the Mayor , to vote "yea" on INCREASING the tax levy for Lockport? ONE SIMPLE QUESTION....that's all....no tirade about majority or minority or anything else.....just one simple question needing a simple answer.
GOVERNMENT WATCHDOG

Lockport, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2011

Judged:

10footMidget wrote:
<quoted text> Now you can answer a question....if you attended or watched the meeting....who was the ONLY council person, besides the Mayor , to vote "yea" on INCREASING the tax levy for Lockport? ONE SIMPLE QUESTION....that's all....no tirade about majority or minority or anything else.....just one simple question needing a simple answer.
Yes, I know Pete and I agree with him. A levy for a city is a good thing from people that have a knowledge of a city and how it works. Services go with the levy and we need services. And, don't you tell me how to answer, Kelly T. I know you numbskulls think you did a good thing but all of you including this one and only time did the city wrong. You will see the results soon. Every taxing body needs to levy including the schools. The children are our biggest asset and money for the education of kids is well spent. The residents need services and they will be hard pressed to get them from a city that has no levy. You think you are saving money but you are doing a bad thing to the people of this city, AS USUAL. You are more interested in votes and political opportunity than the citizens, you proved that by not attending a meeting on safety of our water issues. Go ahead and tell me off, who cares, you have your answer and I know I am right. You intend to use that for Tom Kelly and Dick Van Dyke when they run. There is more to say about them than taxes. That is how you got falsely elected and the videos of his REAL TIRADES AND YOUR ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN A FEW DOLLARS SAVED ON THE BACKS OF OUR CITIZENS. You went along with your buddy, and false prophet, Steve Balich.
GOVERNMENT WATCHDOG

Lockport, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2011

Ps. Your name fits you to the tee. Your comments are unimportant as they show me how stupid all of you are except the people who voted for the levy.
Duke of Lockport

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2011

Judged:

Justice will Prevail wrote:
<quoted text> Come on, fire departments speak up. The residents will love you for it. You are our fire department that we pay taxes to. You protect us. The Mayor protects us. And I might add, SOME aldermen protect us.
The fire department cannot speak up for fear of losing their jobs.
Justice will Prevail

Lockport, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2011

Duke of Lockport wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't that shameful? They have to fear the likes of Kelly Turner. Oh well, they could get twenty thousand dollars to keep quiet of the taxpayer's money as severance pay. It has been done you know. No answers to that one from our beloved city council who saves us money.
Roberto

Lockport, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2011

Duke of Lockport wrote:
<quoted text>
All I have to say is these men are vested to save lives and that they are stiffled because of some big mouth know nothings is a travesty. They need to step up to the plate and tell it like it is. The City Council should be made fools of as they are cutting qualified employees by these intimidation methods and it is wrong. They should not get away with that. It should be made known to the public but then again they answer no questions, do they. They are intimidating everyone by not answering the questions.
Lockport local

Lockport, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2011

Judged:

Roberto wrote:
<quoted text> All I have to say is these men are vested to save lives and that they are stiffled because of some big mouth know nothings is a travesty. They need to step up to the plate and tell it like it is. The City Council should be made fools of as they are cutting qualified employees by these intimidation methods and it is wrong. They should not get away with that. It should be made known to the public but then again they answer no questions, do they. They are intimidating everyone by not answering the questions.
The Fire District is a separate taxing body. It is not controlled by the city of Lockport. You also have three fire districts which have a vested interest in Lockport water issues/safety.
Lockport Opinion

Downers Grove, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2011

Judged:

Gotta Go wrote:
Here's a plan - put the water tower INSIDE the old Dreams building. Looks like a building from the outside, saves lives from the inside.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Lockport Forum right now

Search the Lockport Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr truth 48,894
Investors never invest their own money (Apr '11) 2 hr NO HOPE vegas 6,009
Summit Dr....most unfilled potholes of any city... 5 hr Summit is rough 28
Lockport train station parking lot 6 hr A REAL engineer 4
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 9 hr AnyCommieWillDoCantBWorse 3,829
Kabeara Samoyeds ~ Don't Buy a Puppy there you ... (Jan '14) 11 hr Alice Chambers-Ricca 44
Why do people walk in the streets? (May '10) 13 hr Detroitsub 16
•••
•••
•••
•••

Lockport Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Lockport People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE