Next Last
Lockport

Lockport, IL

#1 Feb 4, 2013
Alderman comes clean on vulgarity
Daily Southtown
Sunday, December 25, 2005
Author: Steve Schmadeke, Staff writer
A Lockport alderman admits making vulgar remarks in a conversation with the deputy city clerk but accuses his political opponents of pressuring her to complain to police.
Ald. Tom Kelly's admission is sure to fuel an already heated political feud among the city's 3rd Ward aldermen and Mayor Tim Murphy's political faction.
Deputy Clerk Donna Tadey told police that Kelly (3rd) referred to another city clerk's office employee as a "black-widow-spider bitch," according to a Dec. 7 police report leaked to local newspapers.
Kelly also told Tadey that a city resident active in a Wal-Mart opposition group had "a nice ass, but, man, does she have a rotten personality." And he also called departing city administrator John McIntyre a "(screw)-up," according to the police report.
Tadey told police that Kelly's comments made her feel harassed, uncomfortable and fearful for her job.
Kelly said he has known Tadey for 15 years, and the two often traded off-color remarks, even faxing lewd jokes to each other.
"I thought I was talking to a friend," he said. "To me, being loud and vulgar and lurid is not harassment. I guess I offended her. I really feel like a fool."
Tadey could not be reached Friday for comment on her complaint. Messages left for Lockport police were not returned Friday.
The clerk's office employee of whom Kelly spoke disparagingly said she was "upset and very offended," adding that Kelly's version of events was ridiculous.
"I don't think Donna considers him a friend," she said. "I've known her for eight months, and I've never heard her use a swear word."
Mayor Tim Murphy said it was "outrageous" for Kelly to claim that Tadey was pressured into making a police complaint.
"He's making the remarks and then accusing her of being a liar," Murphy said. "I am confused by the whole thing. I don't know where his animus comes from."
Nice try

Carol Stream, IL

#2 Feb 4, 2013
You are a silly man, who will stop at nothing to get power back. There have been 2 elections since 2005 and Kelly won by landslides both times.

Wasn't Murphy the mayor who was run over at 2am?

Was there an incident concerning Clerk Esposito and husband. Did the husband ask for an order of protection against Esposito? Is this the story?

City clerk's husband taking her to court

September 18, 2008

By TONY GRAF tgraf@scn1.com
LOCKPORT -- City Clerk Maria Esposito has been summoned to appear in court for a hearing over whether an order of protection should be issued against her.

Esposito's husband, Thomas A. Esposito Jr. of Lockport, petitioned for the order of protection in Will County court in Joliet.

Associate Judge Joseph Polito denied a request for an emergency order of protection Sept. 11 and set a hearing on the matter for next month.

In his petition, Thomas Esposito alleges that his wife:

Bit the side of his face, causing bleeding in a 2007 incident. He states that a police report was filed with the Lockport police and the Will County state's attorney's office, but that he dropped the case.

Came after him with a steak knife and threatened to cut him in an incident earlier this year.

Came after him with a steak knife in another incident earlier this year.

Slapped him in the face earlier this year. "Got slapped in the face with her fingernails. Scratches, bleeding," the petition states.

The hearing is scheduled for 9 a.m. Oct. 2 in Courtroom 305 of the Will County Courthouse, 14 W. Jefferson St., Joliet.

Maria Esposito was elected Lockport city clerk in 2005.
Nice try

Carol Stream, IL

#3 Feb 4, 2013
Why don't you talk about the smear campaign that was done against Lisa? How about all the anonymous mail? How about the department career? The list goes on.
Barry Goldwater

Lockport, IL

#4 Feb 4, 2013
Pardon me, but what are you folks posting about? We wonder about inaction and lack of focus and then get postings out of the blue like this,
Crude Boy

Joliet, IL

#5 Feb 4, 2013
Yes...Esposito isn't running for alderman and that slimeball Tom Kelly is. He needs to go.
Lockport Local

Lockport, IL

#6 Feb 4, 2013
Crude Boy wrote:
Yes...Esposito isn't running for alderman and that slimeball Tom Kelly is. He needs to go.
Tom Kelly probably made the same type of crude remarks to Maria Esposito. It must be part of his DNA to interact with women and have a little respect. Whether it is 2005, 2008, nothing has changed. He is still the same "Slimy" individual. Why re-elect a person with this type of demeanor.
Barry Goldwater

Lockport, IL

#7 Feb 5, 2013
I see now. Old Tom is running again. I agree his time should be over. Like most on the minority and majority they have brought no ideas to the table. The downtown water system should have been started yesterday. Our town will never develop any solid identity until our downtown shows some quaint class or promise. The downtown will never be some great business district but it must show some civic pride and solid reflection that we are not a bunch of rubes with old washers in our front yards.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#8 Feb 5, 2013
Barry Goldwater wrote:
I see now. Old Tom is running again. I agree his time should be over. Like most on the minority and majority they have brought no ideas to the table. The downtown water system should have been started yesterday. Our town will never develop any solid identity until our downtown shows some quaint class or promise. The downtown will never be some great business district but it must show some civic pride and solid reflection that we are not a bunch of rubes with old washers in our front yards.
You got that right, which is why a clean sweep this election. No incumbents, and that includes sitting council member running for mayor. Show all them the door! Fresh ideas and forward thinking will turn this town around.
Lockport Local

Lockport, IL

#9 Feb 5, 2013
thoughts or ideas wrote:
<quoted text>
You got that right, which is why a clean sweep this election. No incumbents, and that includes sitting council member running for mayor. Show all them the door! Fresh ideas and forward thinking will turn this town around.
If you look in the 1st and 3rd wards there are candidates that are youthful with fresh ideas. Steve Streit seems to be a person willing to bring something new to the table. Then there is Turner and his posse who preach "water and no bid contracts" for their cronies. That is why they are called "Slimy".
Lockport Local

United States

#10 Feb 5, 2013
If Steve Streit gets elected, I will suck him off at the first meeting!
Not surprised

Streamwood, IL

#11 Feb 5, 2013
Lockport Local wrote:
Doubt anyone has to be elected for your suction service to commence. Doubt it has to be Streit either.
Ramble on old man

Lockport, IL

#12 Feb 5, 2013
Lockport Local wrote:
Ramble on old man..you aren't sucking anyone off anymore. You will sit there with your finger up your nose! You are a nobody! If Streit gets elected HE IS THE BOSS OF THE CITY...THE CEO...AND YOU SIR ARE NOT!! TRY AS YOU MAY YOU ARE FACING ANOTHER DEFEAT!! SO SORRY, OLD MAN, BUT THAT IS LIFE. BE HAPPY, WE IN THIS FAMILY ARE HAPPY AND WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO STEVE STREIT THE MAYOR OF LOCKPORT!! BYE!!
Ramble on old man

Lockport, IL

#13 Feb 6, 2013
I am a rambling old woman..who would prefer to be sucking on Kelly Turner. He can sit there with his finger up my bumhole! I am a nobody! Streit will NOT get elected!! KELLY TURNER IS THE BOSS OF THE CITY...THE CEO...AND YOU SIR ARE NOT!! TRY AS YOU MAY YOU ARE FACING DEFEAT, Mr. STREIT!! SO SORRY, MAN, BUT THAT IS LIFE. BE HAPPY, WE IN THIS FAMILY ARE HAPPY AND WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO KELLY TURNER AS THE MAYOR OF LOCKPORT!! BYE!!
Barry Goldwater

Lockport, IL

#14 Feb 18, 2013
Hi
Chumbalone

Downers Grove, IL

#15 Feb 20, 2013
Lockport Local wrote:
<quoted text>If you look in the 1st and 3rd wards there are candidates that are youthful with fresh ideas. Steve Streit seems to be a person willing to bring something new to the table. Then there is Turner and his posse who preach "water and no bid contracts" for their cronies. That is why they are called "Slimy".
The only thing Streit will bring to the table will be whatever Colarelli tells him to bring to the table. Why do you think he is supporting and fundraising for Streit,Carbonara,Deskin,Vander meer and other incumbent council members ?? If elected they will support what Colarelli wants. Now this guy is also president of the Chamber of Commerce !! Stevie Wonder can see through what this guy is trying to pull off. Don't care if you don't like Kelly....I don't either...but you had better pay close attention to what is going on with these other people running for office. If for one minute you think the Turner posse is bad...creating another one with Colarelli as a ringleader is just as bad. The city does'nt need posses or cronies no matter what side they are on.
Markham Kelly

Lockport, IL

#16 Feb 20, 2013
Thank you so much for such an intelligent post, Kelly.THIS OF COURSE IS SARCASM. Your damage control of your puppets and yourself is so apparent and so disgusting that you show your great lack of intelligence to our people in this town. If and when the people want to continue to have what they have now with the Kelly posse they will elect your group. As a homeowner and a resident of this town for forty years living in the southend of town, I cannot wait to see the changes and leadership they , THE NEW PEOPLE, can bring to this town. It is so needed and they are bright and intelligent much beyond what we have now. Speaking of supporting the people running. I just looked at your group of lappys ON FACEBOOK and they were all, including your Mayor NOW, at the fundraisers for Neitzke. Tom Kelly, Dick Van Dyke, Maryknowski and you were all there AND YOU. Talk about lies and exaggeration, you are IT! You want power to do nothing again! Colerelli is not running. They have been going to doors talking YOU up. You have absolutely nothing to show for your time in office. Your gossip made up lies about the opposition on postcards is laughable. I was sent one by Kelly. What a lie...the roads fixed, hahahahahaha. What a lie....the water fixed, hahahahahaha. Your high school buddy supported by you and your friend Stevie Balllllich, hahahahahahaha. Who are you kidding, hahahahahhahaha. These men are educated and can do so much for this town. IF PEOPLE WANT WHAT THEY HAVE NOW, VOTE FOR YOUR GROUPIE SLATE AND YOUR PICKS FOR CITY COUNCIL. IF THEY WANT NEW AND EFFECTIVE LEADERS VOTE FOR THE PEOPLE CARBONARA, JASON VANDERMEER, AND OTHERS RUNNING THAT WILL TALK, TALK, TALK TO YOU AND ELECT STEVE STRAIT TO BE THE MAYOR. YOU HAVE WAY PASSED YOUR TIME IN OFFICE AND DONE NOTHING BUT SPEND THE TAXPAYER'S DOLLAR AND ALL OF THE PEOPLE THAT ARE RUNNING ON YOUR SLATE WILL DO NOTHING ALSO EXCEPT THE SAME AND BE PULLED BY STRINGS FROM THE HEAD PUPPET GUY...KELLY. LOOK AROUND AND IF YOU LIKE WHAT WE HAVE...VOTE FOR THAT GROUP...

IF YOU DO NOT....VOTE FOR THE NEW GUYS THAT WILL MAKE US LIKE OUR NEIGHBORS...RESTAURANTS, SHOPS, NEW ROADS, BETTER WATER, REVAMP OUR DOWNTOWN, ETC. ETC. VOTE STREIT, CARBONARA, VAN DERMEER,AND REMEMBER THE GOOD GUYS ARE FOR US AND THE OTHERS ARE FOR POWER AND KELLY. HE HAS LOST MORE ELECTIONS THAN HE HAS WON AND YOU CAN VERIFY HOW HE TREATS THE RESIDENTS BY LOOKING AT THE TAPES ON FACEBOOK. A VOTE FOR THE NEW PEOPLE AND STEVE STREIT IS A VOTE FOR CHANGE..AND BOY DO WE NEED IT!

THE REASON YOU HATE PETE IS HE IS A LEADER, STRONG, INTELLIGENT AND EDUCATED. HE HAS DONE SO MUCH FOR OUR COMMUNITY BY STICKING UP FOR IT AND IS A GREAT REP. FOR US. HE WINS OVERWHELMINGLY EVERY TIME HE RUNS. LOOK INTO YOUR SNOOP BALL, KELLY, HE IS NOT RUNNING THIS TIME BUT YOUR HATRED OVERWHELMS YOU. YOU HATE HIM BECAUSE OF WHO HE IS AND HIS WONDERFUL RECORD AND FAMILY!! HE IS SHAMEFUL TO BE SO HATEFUL!! YOU ARE THE OPPOSITE! STILL TRYING TO FOOL THE PUBLIC, IT WON'T WORK! YOU ARE THE LOSER AGAIN! EVERYTHING YOU SAY IS BASED ON YOUR FEELINGS, NOT FACT, JUST THE SAME OLD KELLY TALK! IT IS SO BORING! AND SO ARE YOU!
Markham Kelly

Lockport, IL

#17 Feb 20, 2013
PS. I should have mentioned the card I got that was about Kelly came from my best friend in his ward. He is wayyyyyyyyyyyyy past his primeeeeeeeeeee. Way past!
Markham Kelly

Lockport, IL

#18 Feb 20, 2013
typo: It should read YOU are shameful to be so hateful. That is so apparent in what I have written.
Lockport Local

Lockport, IL

#19 Feb 20, 2013
Chumbalone wrote:
<quoted text> The only thing Streit will bring to the table will be whatever Colarelli tells him to bring to the table. Why do you think he is supporting and fundraising for Streit,Carbonara,Deskin,Vander meer and other incumbent council members ?? If elected they will support what Colarelli wants. Now this guy is also president of the Chamber of Commerce !! Stevie Wonder can see through what this guy is trying to pull off. Don't care if you don't like Kelly....I don't either...but you had better pay close attention to what is going on with these other people running for office. If for one minute you think the Turner posse is bad...creating another one with Colarelli as a ringleader is just as bad. The city does'nt need posses or cronies no matter what side they are on.
Colorelli is not running for office. He is one of 7 alderman who is very well respected in his own ward. Don't deflect from the real issues of what has been going on in Lockport for the last 20 months. You know nothing about how these people especially in the 3rd ward on related to Colorelli. We know about the relationships of Neitzke, Turner, Baisch and the other "Slimys". Balisch who does not live in Lockport once again wants to be a "Kingmaker" in Lockport. Neitzke probably knows about Homer Glen and very little about Lockport. She actually lives closer to Homer than to Lockport. She is your pawn when it comes to Balisch/Turner.
Shhhh he is sleeping

Lockport, IL

#20 Feb 20, 2013
Lockport wrote:
Alderman comes clean on vulgarity
Daily Southtown
Sunday, December 25, 2005
Author: Steve Schmadeke, Staff writer
A Lockport alderman admits making vulgar remarks in a conversation with the deputy city clerk but accuses his political opponents of pressuring her to complain to police.
Ald. Tom Kelly's admission is sure to fuel an already heated political feud among the city's 3rd Ward aldermen and Mayor Tim Murphy's political faction.
Deputy Clerk Donna Tadey told police that Kelly (3rd) referred to another city clerk's office employee as a "black-widow-spider bitch," according to a Dec. 7 police report leaked to local newspapers.
Kelly also told Tadey that a city resident active in a Wal-Mart opposition group had "a nice ass, but, man, does she have a rotten personality." And he also called departing city administrator John McIntyre a "(screw)-up," according to the police report.
Tadey told police that Kelly's comments made her feel harassed, uncomfortable and fearful for her job.
Kelly said he has known Tadey for 15 years, and the two often traded off-color remarks, even faxing lewd jokes to each other.
"I thought I was talking to a friend," he said. "To me, being loud and vulgar and lurid is not harassment. I guess I offended her. I really feel like a fool."
Tadey could not be reached Friday for comment on her complaint. Messages left for Lockport police were not returned Friday.
The clerk's office employee of whom Kelly spoke disparagingly said she was "upset and very offended," adding that Kelly's version of events was ridiculous.
"I don't think Donna considers him a friend," she said. "I've known her for eight months, and I've never heard her use a swear word."
Mayor Tim Murphy said it was "outrageous" for Kelly to claim that Tadey was pressured into making a police complaint.
"He's making the remarks and then accusing her of being a liar," Murphy said. "I am confused by the whole thing. I don't know where his animus comes from."
Don't wake Rip Van Winkle up!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lockport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who is Jim Petrakos? 1 hr Home people suck 31
Turner Against Free Speech 1 hr Turner backer 8
Turner's opponents.... AFRAID! 8 hr EJCDad 2
Investors never invest their own money (Apr '11) 15 hr No ROI 8,138
Time to resign Jennings and Donna Gray D91 school! 23 hr Too funny 19
Colarelli, caged monkey with a computer... Tue monkey boy 1
If I was Jim Petrakos, I'd be embarassed... Tue caged monkey 3
Lockport Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web