First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Thomas Albert

Chicago, IL

#84 Jul 16, 2011
O
nobias wrote:
<quoted text> Maybe we need more simplicity. The point I'm trying to make is that these folks are residents/working stiffs/ordinary people/retirees making decisions involving MILLIONS of OUR tax dollars with little or NO experience. Maybe THEY feel they have a clue..but if you read ALL these posts....the handful of Topix posters feel that they do not have a clue ! How do YOU feel ?? Very confident ?? They were ALL elected fairly and legally and they are now in a position to make decisions with yours and my money....right or wrong....like it or not. It seems to me that everyone is defending their turf right now. If this council feels confident that they know what they are doing.....why do we pay our City Administrator for his work ? Seems as though many on this current council do not listen to him at all. If they are so "experienced", let's terminate the Administrator as well. Is he not the "go to" person for advice ??No one seems to want to look beyond their "turf"...and to me that is a big problem...including the "minority" council members. Until all this nonsense ends....Lockport will have a problem.
And to the person who said I was "babbling"....I would ask what that person has been doing. I will continue to babble without bias. I am quite confident that I babble much less than that person has been.
Babble on this, Jerry A. You queer f****** piece of garbage!
The Hypocrite 5

Lemont, IL

#85 Jul 16, 2011
Lockport local wrote:
<quoted text>Under the guidance of the City Adminstrator in the last fiscal year: the City of Lockport has a balanced budget and surplus in the general fund of almost $2,000,000.00. This was done under the old council. What we have seen in the first few months of the New Majority council is CHAOS. They are in a defecit spending mode with know accountabilility to the questions of the Mayor, the minority council or the homeowners asking the questions. What would it be like without the City Administator?
I imagine we might soon know when they get rid of him and replace him with a crony. What do you think the Kelly Turner Law firm of Oldenson is being hired for aside from repaying a favor to another crony? To undo the City Administator's contract and get rid of anybody who knows anything, that would inlcude Caneva too. This way when Robinson delivers the brown bags of cash, nobody will be around to stand in the way. Why else would these illeterate lunk heads reading the Kelly Turner scripts each meeting have such passion for a law firm that cost the citizens of Lockport millons in failed engineering througout a decade plus of failures and screw ups and who they clearly know nothing about. Do some research fools, Victoria West's ditch on the North side; Robison and J&H paid for the complete recanfiguraion of that after being outed as resonsible for its failed design. The list goes on.

Why close the wells? Easy, Robison will suggest new wells be dug in a year or two later and who better to engineer those new projects but they themselves. They create work for themseleves, they are infamous for it.

Seeing how Turner is the Guru of this bobble head gang don't any of them remember the old talking points of "consultants were a waste of money", "punting" etc. Now consultants are the way to go right?

So much for the Tea Party, Odelsen and Stark worked for Gore and Rahm, Turner works for more D's than he can count (Mike Kelley, Lisa Lovelace, Denise "she's a man baby" Marinowski, etc.). What a joke you guys are. These guys are the most corrupt gang the city has seen in its history and it will come out. The woman that looks like a man in the 4th and the premature balding 3rd ward greg piazza look-a-like will all have thier dick van dykes in thier hands for following Kelly Turner blindly into criminal territory.

Notice the answers to these posts as Kelly Turner sits confused in his basement petting his cat assuming his enemies are the same people he always has. Jerry Adelman, Pete Colarelli, etc. It was so easy when you could just lob bombs from the side lines wasn't it?

Hey buddy soon your enemies will be the States Attorney if not the US attorney's office. Mayor Mitchell works for Robinson, McCasland your buddy has a Condo with them in Lake Geneva, so does Greenan the former City Services director. You do you want your peice of the political pie you missed for so many years don't you?

I don't know if they let you listen to Rush Limbaugh in jail and even if the do it might be drowned out by the moans you will be emitting as they ream your senior citizen rear end daily. Your time is coming little fella.
statesattorney

Lockport, IL

#86 Jul 17, 2011
I've become totally worthless these days succumbing to the wills of the powers to be; supporting both illicit enties; making this state become the a definite shining piece of what its going to attract in the next few years. I am doing this because I care more about my job than anything else; if that means bending the rules then be it; I don't care.
nobias

Schaumburg, IL

#87 Jul 17, 2011
Lockport local wrote:
<quoted text>Under the guidance of the City Adminstrator in the last fiscal year: the City of Lockport has a balanced budget and surplus in the general fund of almost $2,000,000.00. This was done under the old council. What we have seen in the first few months of the New Majority council is CHAOS. They are in a defecit spending mode with know accountabilility to the questions of the Mayor, the minority council or the homeowners asking the questions. What would it be like without the City Administator?
If you re-read my post....I am saying that the "current" council and most likely the "majority" are NOT listening to the City Administrator who was hired to provide "expertise" to council members. If the "current" council does NOT follow his recommendations, that being the majority, why have him on the payroll !! I did not say I was in favor of such action.....but with this council....IT COULD....right or wrong. This elected council has the right to do so. That is why I said if NO ONE is willing to cooperate and do what is best for the City and it's residents...Lockport has a major problem. If the "majority" and the "minority" do not get their collective heads out the their behinds and stop "protecting their turf" we, the residents, will continue to watch all these amateurs sink this town. It is TOO LATE for bashing the newbies by the whining minority...and for the newbies to try and "tea party" Lockport with their nonsense. I do not care what happenned in "previous" administrations.....it's over....deal with it and stop telling us about the past. No one seems to want what is best FOR ALL OF LOCKPORT. Start a "recall" petition for these folks if it can be done...but wailing away day after day is getting us nowhere.
PastPresentFutur e

Lockport, IL

#88 Jul 19, 2011
Its good to look at what will happen and whom will be involved in the future of Lockport.

I will not forget the past as it serves as a base for the decision making for the future; no matter what is said; what will be done will be based on the "wisdom" compiled to guide us into the future.

What is percieved by the public relates to both what is said and mostly what is done.

Personally I tend to dismantle a psyche of politicians as a hobby; much like I like to tinker with various things. Much like taking apart the gears of an old clock to see how it works. I'm bored so I devote more time to this lately.

Go slow and you'll miss things; go fast or too detailed and you are likely to break the psyche as its makeup is complex and fragile.

Some folks just make the assumption that all will be taken care of; and its best not to ask any questions and accept what is silently.

While others will question the decisions and directions of what was, is and will be for our future.

What was and is right now is not what is generally percieved by the public; no matter what is said.

The analogy of the effects are similiar to physiological trauma; but not always seen; but always evident.
nobias

Schaumburg, IL

#89 Jul 19, 2011
We cannot change the past....and we certainly cannot predict the future. All we can control is the present....which is in the hands of this duly elected Council. I personally choose NOT to live in the past. If this Council bases their decisions on the past foulups of previous Councils....they certainly can do so. Based on the election results....many residents felt the "past" Council decision making was'nt so good .....so they decided to change it up. We ALL will see the results of the decisions these "amateur politicians" make very soon. It's like that old clock that stops working....go ahead...take it apart..try to fix it....but if it DOES NOT WORK...throw it out.Just like the City Council.... when you find out it does not work....THROW IT OUT !! Next set of amateurs please !!!
PastPresentFutur e

Lockport, IL

#90 Jul 20, 2011
The quandary is being between a rock and hard place.

Unbeknownst to the audience the clock did stop working; leading to what is apparent to a few and actually the reasons for the stifling; even with the most pious of the bunch.
PastPresentFutur e

Lockport, IL

#91 Jul 20, 2011
I do not lack empathy; yet sometimes there is a logical dictate to be callous.
10footmidget

Schaumburg, IL

#92 Jul 20, 2011
In today's (7/20) Chicago Tribune, there was an article stating that Homer Glen has hired (guess who!!) Robinson Engineering to do a 'study' for the village to see what it would take to get control of their water supply from Illinois American. Isn't that something !! Mr. KT must be branching out !!!!! Maybe the "law firm" will be next for HG ???? Does HG have the same "bunch of "cronies" over there ??? I wonder ???? Nah...can't happen.
Lockport local

Lockport, IL

#93 Jul 20, 2011
10footmidget wrote:
In today's (7/20) Chicago Tribune, there was an article stating that Homer Glen has hired (guess who!!) Robinson Engineering to do a 'study' for the village to see what it would take to get control of their water supply from Illinois American. Isn't that something !! Mr. KT must be branching out !!!!! Maybe the "law firm" will be next for HG ???? Does HG have the same "bunch of "cronies" over there ??? I wonder ???? Nah...can't happen.
Where is the Tea Party leadership for Homer/Lockport most active? Who came out in favor of the "Slimy Five" in the last election? Can and is happening! Connect the slimy dots!
wondering

Bolingbrook, IL

#94 Apr 6, 2012
Does anyone have a link to facts about the radium in our water? I was looking for reports online but can't find any.
This guy predicts future

Lemont, IL

#95 Apr 6, 2012
The Hypocrite 5 wrote:
<quoted text>
I imagine we might soon know when they get rid of him and replace him with a crony. What do you think the Kelly Turner Law firm of Oldenson is being hired for aside from repaying a favor to another crony? To undo the City Administator's contract and get rid of anybody who knows anything, that would inlcude Caneva too. This way when Robinson delivers the brown bags of cash, nobody will be around to stand in the way. Why else would these illeterate lunk heads reading the Kelly Turner scripts each meeting have such passion for a law firm that cost the citizens of Lockport millons in failed engineering througout a decade plus of failures and screw ups and who they clearly know nothing about. Do some research fools, Victoria West's ditch on the North side; Robison and J&H paid for the complete recanfiguraion of that after being outed as resonsible for its failed design. The list goes on.
Why close the wells? Easy, Robison will suggest new wells be dug in a year or two later and who better to engineer those new projects but they themselves. They create work for themseleves, they are infamous for it.
Seeing how Turner is the Guru of this bobble head gang don't any of them remember the old talking points of "consultants were a waste of money", "punting" etc. Now consultants are the way to go right?
So much for the Tea Party, Odelsen and Stark worked for Gore and Rahm, Turner works for more D's than he can count (Mike Kelley, Lisa Lovelace, Denise "she's a man baby" Marinowski, etc.). What a joke you guys are. These guys are the most corrupt gang the city has seen in its history and it will come out. The woman that looks like a man in the 4th and the premature balding 3rd ward greg piazza look-a-like will all have thier dick van dykes in thier hands for following Kelly Turner blindly into criminal territory.
Notice the answers to these posts as Kelly Turner sits confused in his basement petting his cat assuming his enemies are the same people he always has. Jerry Adelman, Pete Colarelli, etc. It was so easy when you could just lob bombs from the side lines wasn't it?
Hey buddy soon your enemies will be the States Attorney if not the US attorney's office. Mayor Mitchell works for Robinson, McCasland your buddy has a Condo with them in Lake Geneva, so does Greenan the former City Services director. You do you want your peice of the political pie you missed for so many years don't you?
I don't know if they let you listen to Rush Limbaugh in jail and even if the do it might be drowned out by the moans you will be emitting as they ream your senior citizen rear end daily. Your time is coming little fella.
I was reading this and thought since it was written one year ago how well this predicted the future of this minion majority. It is amazing. Turner has been on here praises Mayor Mitchell and chooses Robinson. There is the connection! This guy should go in the mind reader business. It is all so true!
kjk

Lemont, IL

#96 Feb 26, 2013
Here is what you are drinking in Lockport water.
720 disolved solids! I heard that 400 was the cutoff. Anything after that is considered contaminated.
Lockport, IL -
Ward Labs Report
Well I got the results back from ward labs:
pH 7.3
Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) Est, ppm 720
Electrical Conductivity, mmho/cm 1.20
Cations / Anions, me/L 14.0 / 14.5
ppm
Sodium, Na 37
Potassium, K 4
Calcium, Ca 133
Magnesium, Mg 67
Total Hardness, CaCO3 612
Nitrate, NO3-N 0.6 (SAFE)
Sulfate, SO4-S 80
Chloride, Cl 63
Carbonate, CO3 < 1
Bicarbonate, HCO3 468
Total Alkalinity, CaCO3 383
"<" - Not Detected / Below Detection Limit
Is it even worth using? I talked to the guy at my LHBS who lives in the neighboring town. He told me not to waste my time and just buy bottled water.
kjk11

Lemont, IL

#97 Jul 22, 2013
Lockport Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>I have only lived here for 20 years, so I don't fall in the lifetime category, but I really don't agree with doubling (and then some) my water bills for Chicago water. I grew up with Chicago water, so it isn't like I don't know it's value, but to flush it down the toilet or water my grass with something that is that expensive, just doesn't make sense to me.
If you can find test results that tell me that Lockport has a higher cancer rate than Orland Park, I might change my mind, but I haven't heard or seen anything to tell me that this is the truth.
Let's remember that Chicago is a struggling city financially and I could easily see them tagging on all kinds of additional charges on to the water rate in the future. Chicago and Cook County have increased their taxes so much in the last two years, my concern is that it will start trickling down to this soon too. Do you really want to help pay for all the corruption in either area? I surely do not.
I grew up in Lockport. The water was much better with the deeper wells. Your hair didn't disappear after you washed it! In 2004 everyone on our street had a family member or a pet with cancer! We also had rashes that were from the water. After talking to neighbors and realizing that we all had the same problems, we left messages for the water department to look into it.
As soon as we did this, the rashes (intense itching) disappeared.
A dermatologist said that he didn't know what was causing the bumps. But as I said it stopped after we called it in.

Sadly the animals were all put to sleep. Most of the people that had cancer survived, but it came back after 6 years to claim a few.

At that time I spoke to the cashiers at Jewel and they said if you think that's something, all the women in a certain neighborhood had breast cancer. They said it must be the water since that was what they all had in common. She said they all started to buy bottle water.

The deeper wells were filtered and softened. If they would have only purchased the radon removal equipment, we would not have all the 700 plus Total dissoved crap in our water that only a reverse osmosis can remove. It goes thru most filters.

Lockport water is terrible! But what is very strange is that it is BETTER in KELVIN GROVE! When I wash my hair at my friends home it comes out clean and not full of scum. I also notice that his glasses are without film and his clothes come out cleaner too!
tom

Lockport, IL

#98 Aug 4, 2013
live in lockport any one know what to set softner on cant find it anyware

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lockport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Our Nation is Over 38 min FoodFOrThought 28
Why does the left Cry about White Supremists bu... 5 hr taco 53
Unreal Shi_ is destroying our town's dignity he... 6 hr Jeopardy 15
Just a little recap... 6 hr NO SURPRISE 6
I'm Serious. That's an actual Wine.... 6 hr NO SURPRISE 6
Race 7 hr BookSmart 3
Illinois governor commercial 8 hr Unreal Shi_ 2

Lockport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance