Posted in the Lockport Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#1 Mar 17, 2009
COme on this is crazy!
noone cares about the city placing a surcharge on the bill for at least 30 yrs - for a study that never ends? whats up
Luke

Lemont, IL

#2 Mar 18, 2009
What I was told when I asked about the surcharge is that it was for capital improvements not a study.

There are two surcharges, one for water and one for sewer. I think each are $2.00 a month.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#3 Mar 19, 2009
Luke wrote:
What I was told when I asked about the surcharge is that it was for capital improvements not a study.
There are two surcharges, one for water and one for sewer. I think each are $2.00 a month.
did you ask about the radium
Lockport resident

United States

#5 Mar 1, 2010
Write your Alderman on what you think because I believe the city council is who votes on this. They must decide by June 1st if the decision is to go with Lake MI water.
Lockport Opinion

Winfield, IL

#6 Mar 1, 2010
NO Chicago water. Keep our money in Lockport and improve what we have here.
Chan Ho

Wayne, IL

#7 Mar 2, 2010
Lockport resident wrote:
Write your Alderman on what you think because I believe the city council is who votes on this. They must decide by June 1st if the decision is to go with Lake MI water.
Yes, call or write or email your alderman and the Mayor and tell them "No, no FOREVER NO!" in regards to Chicago water. Improve our own system and keep Lockport in control of it's own resources!
Chan Ho

Wayne, IL

#8 Mar 22, 2010
I'm conducting an entirely non-scientific survey. Click the link and let me know what you're thinking. http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/C3K32J3
DLP314

Lemont, IL

#9 Apr 14, 2011
Luke wrote:
http://willcountycare.org/hist ory.html
2001 -2002 - Defeat - Filed a 60 Day Notice of Intent to Sue the City of Lockport re: Safe Drinking Water Act. Due to high levels of Radium & Gross alpha particle activity in drinking water. Lockport had collected $4.00 on all residentsÂ’ water bills with the intent to remove radium from drinking water for 20 years. As unhealthy water issues continued the city only addressed the fact that long term exposure of radium could produce bone cancer.
They lied to you Luke
whoareu

Lockport, IL

#10 Apr 14, 2011
Interesting because the radium problem in this area has always been an issue as you stated.

You are not a social worker and I should hope you are not a politician.

Or maybe something else and a bit of social work thrown in.

You are not just a concerned citizen either.

I would tend to believe you are something else first.

Who are you?
whoareu

Lockport, IL

#11 Apr 14, 2011
You have a hard side but its not you; most likely your mate?
DLP314

Lemont, IL

#12 Apr 14, 2011
I am not a social worker, I have worked in social services two different things. Yes I am just a concerned citizen- who are you?
Drama

Lockport, IL

#13 Apr 14, 2011
I would just like something to be done so we don't have to hear about the water for ANOTHER 30 years. I rent a reverse osmosis system (it gets routinely cleaned and maintained this way,) but none of the restaurants or schools have them.

I'm not worried about dying because of the water or anything. If anything, I'm worried that the incompetent baboons in charge of fixing our water infrastructure will drag this out until we're absolutely forced to do something and face big time fines.
Lockport Opinion

Naperville, IL

#14 Apr 14, 2011
DLP314 wrote:
I am not a social worker, I have worked in social services two different things. Yes I am just a concerned citizen- who are you?
He/She is a city employee. Used to go by William on here I think.

He defends the city on everything they do and only a city employee or council member could possibly do that with the cluster f(*^ that has been going on here lately.
William

Lemont, IL

#15 Apr 14, 2011
Lockport Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>He/She is a city employee. Used to go by William on here I think.
He defends the city on everything they do and only a city employee or council member could possibly do that with the cluster f(*^ that has been going on here lately.
No, William is here.
I'm just trying to get some facts on the performance bond issue before I "defend" the city.
When I know more, perhaps I won't.
whoareu

Lockport, IL

#16 Apr 14, 2011
"just a concerned citizen- who are you?"

The same and thank-you.
DLP314

Lemont, IL

#17 Apr 14, 2011
Who are you dude? I am just another Central Lockport resident. My brothers and I graduated from Lockport in the 80s. What does it matter who I am? You identify yourself on this site- dude. I am just sick of the lies and the constant water main breaks. My question is why did they charge us 4 a month per water bill for 20 yrs for information they had in 1959? I guess Gordy McCluskey was as dirty as they come.
DLP314

Lemont, IL

#18 Apr 14, 2011
whoareu wrote:
You have a hard side but its not you; most likely your mate?
excuse me? how is this your business?
whoareu

Lockport, IL

#19 Apr 15, 2011
It makes up the pieces of what you are made up of; how you write, what you are and what you do sometimes.

Sometimes folks create a virtual alternate personality in their writings for fun and play.

Don't take offense; as my questions are not meant to be offensive.
DLP314

Lemont, IL

#20 Apr 15, 2011
so who are you? I dont have an alternative personality. I am who I am. The questions are offensive you need to identify yourself first. I will give you a clue 314 is my street address number and dlp are my initials
whoareu

Lockport, IL

#21 Apr 16, 2011
A reflection.

I live in Lockport and care about where I live.

I'm glad you find the questions offensive; it adds to your persona.

Some folks on the forum / even local politicians can "dish" it out just fine; except when they themselves are served a "cold" "dish".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lockport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Neighborhood family puts on 1 1/2 hr fireworks... 3 hr Storkleton 20
Investors never invest their own money (Apr '11) 5 hr Timing 10,618
Proud of Mayor Streit 11 hr nomoreRVS 11
Car show is starting to blow 11 hr cellobowstrings 9
News New Lenox has paid nearly $1 million in police ... Mon Jack Webb 19
fairmont school board's failing leadership Sun Fairmont Questioner 63
Amvets or Goodwill drop box in Lockport? Jul 24 Nikki 3

Lockport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance