WTF is UP with this brown water??
Ewwwww

Homer Glen, IL

#22 Feb 14, 2013
Chumbalone wrote:
<quoted text> The only money that was and is being collected is from the water rate increases and that is to pay for on-going maintenace and repairs....NOT to replace ALL the bad sewers, water mains, hydrants. The sales tax was passed for road work...nothing else. There are no MILLIONS set aside for any repairs to fix ALL the problems that exist....so don't say this council stopped anything. All they did was piss and moan at each other because some people did not get what they wanted. Well that is just too damn bad. They had the right to cancel one plan for another...that's the way it goes. Do yourself a favor and try....just try...to let the system work. These engineering companys are NOT OUT TO SCREW LOCKPORT ! Why would they risk their years of business expertise just to screw Lockport ??? The problem is NOT with Robinson or CMT....it lies with the bumbling people on the council. That brown water ain't going away anytime soon....no matter who wins or loses an election....so get a softener...it works !!
Chumblone, the brown water was just a one-time thing (so far)....we had an aquativa system in this house when we moved in.....I dealt with it for about 3 months and then had it disconnected. It affected the water-pressure horribly and caused the dishwasher to not work properly. Not to mention, the company that took over the filter supply (Aquativa went out of buiness) wanted $280. every 8 months for the filters and to change them....seemed like a total rip-off.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#23 Feb 14, 2013
Chumbalone wrote:
<quoted text> The only money that was and is being collected is from the water rate increases and that is to pay for on-going maintenace and repairs....NOT to replace ALL the bad sewers, water mains, hydrants. The sales tax was passed for road work...nothing else. There are no MILLIONS set aside for any repairs to fix ALL the problems that exist....so don't say this council stopped anything. All they did was piss and moan at each other because some people did not get what they wanted. Well that is just too damn bad. They had the right to cancel one plan for another...that's the way it goes. Do yourself a favor and try....just try...to let the system work. These engineering companys are NOT OUT TO SCREW LOCKPORT ! Why would they risk their years of business expertise just to screw Lockport ??? The problem is NOT with Robinson or CMT....it lies with the bumbling people on the council. That brown water ain't going away anytime soon....no matter who wins or loses an election....so get a softener...it works !!
Well here is where you are 99% wrong. You need to go and look at up when the city went to the arbritator in order to win getting the water rates increased. This had to be done, since the other 2 districts did not agree to the rate increase. The city took CMT plan which included, replacing water lines, sewer lines, hydrants valves etc throughout various areas of the city. filtration on wells to the judge who then decided since it was of such emergency to fix all this to meet epa and future growth, a decision was made to increase the water rates to follow CMT plan. Yes 1% right in that part of the increase was for ongoing maintenance, but the majority was to REPLACE and install NEW infrastructure.

Yes the sales tax was for road work, to be done a year by year basis, only that was thrown out the window as well for a 10yr bond with interest that still did not fix the roads.

Listen to the meetings, even ABSTAINING QUEEN is always questioning the millions extra per year collected that is now in the account which was their basis for trying to fool the public into holding off future increases until after the election. 2 yrs of that nonsense.
Well the last increase is done, now back to the 3% per year as usual. Of course nothing to show for it that a judge approved in court except over a million to a engineering firm for studies.

There was a 10yr plan, shown to the public during many public meeting swith question and answer mtgs as well. What have we got from you know who. NOTHING! even their bills contain NOTHING except AMOUNT DUE to each.

Could this council cancel what the past council did absolutely. But at least then have a plan before you decide to cancel something. Or was that their plan NOTHING!.
Nuetral

Saint Paul, MN

#24 Feb 14, 2013
thoughts or ideas wrote:
<quoted text>
Well here is where you are 99% wrong. You need to go and look at up when the city went to the arbritator in order to win getting the water rates increased. This had to be done, since the other 2 districts did not agree to the rate increase. The city took CMT plan which included, replacing water lines, sewer lines, hydrants valves etc throughout various areas of the city. filtration on wells to the judge who then decided since it was of such emergency to fix all this to meet epa and future growth, a decision was made to increase the water rates to follow CMT plan. Yes 1% right in that part of the increase was for ongoing maintenance, but the majority was to REPLACE and install NEW infrastructure.
Yes the sales tax was for road work, to be done a year by year basis, only that was thrown out the window as well for a 10yr bond with interest that still did not fix the roads.
Listen to the meetings, even ABSTAINING QUEEN is always questioning the millions extra per year collected that is now in the account which was their basis for trying to fool the public into holding off future increases until after the election. 2 yrs of that nonsense.
Well the last increase is done, now back to the 3% per year as usual. Of course nothing to show for it that a judge approved in court except over a million to a engineering firm for studies.
There was a 10yr plan, shown to the public during many public meeting swith question and answer mtgs as well. What have we got from you know who. NOTHING! even their bills contain NOTHING except AMOUNT DUE to each.
Could this council cancel what the past council did absolutely. But at least then have a plan before you decide to cancel something. Or was that their plan NOTHING!.
Chum,

I'm as neutral as they come on this council and arguments but the above is absolutely accurate. I've watched or attended every meeting over the last three years. I think they all need to go because they can't work together. Majority/minority I don't care. They ALL need to go.
Chumbalone

Downers Grove, IL

#25 Feb 15, 2013
Nuetral wrote:
<quoted text>
Chum,
I'm as neutral as they come on this council and arguments but the above is absolutely accurate. I've watched or attended every meeting over the last three years. I think they all need to go because they can't work together. Majority/minority I don't care. They ALL need to go.
Fact is the latest council...right or wrong...did what they thought was best...like it or not. The previous council did what they thought was best. For some reason...all of them save obe were REPLACED. This was NOT a miraculous repacement...that is all I'm stating. Residents MADE A CHOICE. It seems NO ONE seems to understand that. All these arguments about payoffs, schemes, millions of un-accounted for money spent, bribery is crazy....yet is being pushed by some current council members. Blaming reputable companies for scheming with city council is absurd. I stand by what I said about factions on this council being absolutely pissed off because THEIR specific plan was not implemented...well....that is what can happen. Get over it. When that DID happen.....ALL SENSE OF REASON STOPPED and nothing got done by anyone. If you are TRULY reasonable and neutral...JUST READ THE MANY POSTS ON THIS FORUM and take into account the TRUE NONSENSE being written. No one seems to GET IT !!
Nuetral

Saint Paul, MN

#26 Feb 15, 2013
Chumbalone wrote:
<quoted text> Fact is the latest council...right or wrong...did what they thought was best...like it or not. The previous council did what they thought was best. For some reason...all of them save obe were REPLACED. This was NOT a miraculous repacement...that is all I'm stating. Residents MADE A CHOICE. It seems NO ONE seems to understand that. All these arguments about payoffs, schemes, millions of un-accounted for money spent, bribery is crazy....yet is being pushed by some current council members. Blaming reputable companies for scheming with city council is absurd. I stand by what I said about factions on this council being absolutely pissed off because THEIR specific plan was not implemented...well....that is what can happen. Get over it. When that DID happen.....ALL SENSE OF REASON STOPPED and nothing got done by anyone. If you are TRULY reasonable and neutral...JUST READ THE MANY POSTS ON THIS FORUM and take into account the TRUE NONSENSE being written. No one seems to GET IT !!
I think the problem with this council is that when the new majority came in they tried to undo EVERYTHING the previous council had done, not just the water but streets and budget too. They came in hostile and it created an atmosphere of being impossible t work together.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#27 Feb 15, 2013
Nuetral wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the problem with this council is that when the new majority came in they tried to undo EVERYTHING the previous council had done, not just the water but streets and budget too. They came in hostile and it created an atmosphere of being impossible t work together.
Exactly, these repairs are still going to have to be done the development still needs to occur and it all needs to be done in a prudent manner. Do I want my water bill to skyrocket? Of course not. Do I want my property taxes to increase while the value of my home decreases? No. I'm sure most people do not even look at the tax bill as they have it buried into their mortgage. I do not, so I pay attention to the numbers. The multipliers have increased as the assessed values have decreased. Knowing that the city's portion is very small in comparison to the schools and college. Over half goes to education. Only 800 goes to city, so how does the city generate revenue? DEVELOPMENT! Unfortunately the current city council has created a hostile environment towards development.
Chumbalone

Downers Grove, IL

#28 Feb 15, 2013
Nuetral wrote:
<quoted text>
No argument. That is what happens when administrations change. That is my point. It happenned in our national government as well.....and the same thing is happenning. Now the losers wnat to become winners and start the nonsense all over again. NONE of these people are INDEPENDENT THINKERS...none of them. If a new bunch gets in...they will try to undo what this bunch did ! No one seems to understand that. The result will be...M.O.T.S ! If you think these folks came in as hostile....many think they did not. You are making the judgment that they were hostile. Maybe the "minority" were being hostile by not "accepting" the fact that they were in the "minority"....by nature of a legal election ?? My issue to just that ! The entire council CANNOT be replaced however enticing that is. No one may care for what I say....but the folks waiting in line to "put Lockport back on track"...leave a lot to be desired. The city needs smart, INDEPENDENT people....not just "nice" people. Nice people are easily manipulated by head-strong individuals. Appreciate the conversation !

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#29 Feb 16, 2013
Chumbalone wrote:
<quoted text> No argument. That is what happens when administrations change. That is my point. It happenned in our national government as well.....and the same thing is happenning. Now the losers wnat to become winners and start the nonsense all over again. NONE of these people are INDEPENDENT THINKERS...none of them. If a new bunch gets in...they will try to undo what this bunch did ! No one seems to understand that. The result will be...M.O.T.S ! If you think these folks came in as hostile....many think they did not. You are making the judgment that they were hostile. Maybe the "minority" were being hostile by not "accepting" the fact that they were in the "minority"....by nature of a legal election ?? My issue to just that ! The entire council CANNOT be replaced however enticing that is. No one may care for what I say....but the folks waiting in line to "put Lockport back on track"...leave a lot to be desired. The city needs smart, INDEPENDENT people....not just "nice" people. Nice people are easily manipulated by head-strong individuals. Appreciate the conversation !
Finally something we both agree on. None of these are independent thinkers. I do think you might be overstating what the people are saying in replacing the entire council. I don't believe anyone out there thinks the entire council could be replace APril 9th. BUt in reality the entire council which is presently seated could be replaced over the next 2 elections. Bottom line if they are a sitting alderman or mayor they don't get a vote April 9th. So that rules out Turner,Kelly,VanDyke,Smith,Per etta,Deskin. The only outcome would be fresh ideas, and sadly still stuck with Turner as Alderman after the election.
sammy

Schaumburg, IL

#30 May 18, 2013
what is Steve going to do about it?
Danielle Soloude

Homer Glen, IL

#31 May 19, 2013
sammy wrote:
what is Steve going to do about it?
Thanx for bringing that up!! I WANT TO KNOW TOO!! It's a legitimate question. Our water is a BIG issue here in Lockport. Surely the mayor has a plan?

All the people in this thread are still posting here regularly, so, what is Streit's Plan?

Oh and for that one particular serial poster with no life other than Topix and but one train of thought, this does NOT constitute a plan: "Congratulations mayor! I love the mayor! I want to kiss him and hug him and love him fowevew and evew! Our new Mayor will walk on water and condemn those that do not love him to the firey pits of hell".....blah blah blubbery and so on and so on. Seriously. We've read enough of THAT psychotic chant already. WE want to know what the mayor's PLAN is for the water issue, NOT YOUR plan of whatever nutball fantasy you have of him.
Logic Rules in Lkpt

Lockport, IL

#32 May 19, 2013
thanks Kelly....it is too late for you with your vulgar rants on this new Mayor. Think...76 PERCENT TO 24 PERCENT. IT IS WORTH THINKING ABOUT...YOU AND YOUR IDEAS ARE AS STALE AND BORING AS THEY COME. THE MAYOR HAS A WIFE AND CHILDREN AND BECAUSE WE ARE ONE OF THE 76 PERCENT WE ARE IN LOVE WITH HIM. COME ON...COME UP WITH SOMETHING BETTER THAN THAT. My family thinks you are a cop out as your mind is in a muddle and all you can do is pick on people. Too bad for you! Your mind has flipped, buddy. And besides that, we are sick of your psycho rants of sex and disgusting words. Jealousy will get you nowhere with 24 percent of the vote. You were given a WHOPPING DEFEAT! So keep making up your stories, you have no majority now, you are just sitting there taking up space! Logic was never your best subject and two years from now you will be more of a has been than you are now. Enjoy this Sunday, we are going to go to church and then breakfast. It is a glorious day!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Porter Place

Lockport, IL

#33 May 19, 2013
For the past two years, Lockport spent hundreds of thousands of our tax dollars to fund engineering studies that provided very little information that was not already known.

For the next four years, this new mayor and city council will be spending our tax dollars to perform the actual work needed to resolve the long-standing problems with the water system, the sewer system and our municipal road network.

Will all of the problems be solved by 2017? No, of course not; the difference is that we will be seeing actual progress being made instead of seeing more of our tax money wasted on unnecessary engineering studies.
Danielle Soloude

Homer Glen, IL

#34 May 20, 2013
EJCDad wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly, these repairs are still going to have to be done the development still needs to occur and it all needs to be done in a prudent manner. Do I want my water bill to skyrocket? Of course not. Do I want my property taxes to increase while the value of my home decreases? No. I'm sure most people do not even look at the tax bill as they have it buried into their mortgage. I do not, so I pay attention to the numbers. The multipliers have increased as the assessed values have decreased. Knowing that the city's portion is very small in comparison to the schools and college. Over half goes to education. Only 800 goes to city, so how does the city generate revenue? DEVELOPMENT! Unfortunately the current city council has created a hostile environment towards development.
Not really. I've heard rumor that a few business' came back to this new council to try again. Like the paintball park for one. I don't remember off-hand the others, but there were/are definitely others.
Kay Oss

Homer Glen, IL

#35 May 20, 2013
Chumbalone wrote:
<quoted text> No argument. That is what happens when administrations change. That is my point. It happenned in our national government as well.....and the same thing is happenning. Now the losers wnat to become winners and start the nonsense all over again. NONE of these people are INDEPENDENT THINKERS...none of them. If a new bunch gets in...they will try to undo what this bunch did ! No one seems to understand that. The result will be...M.O.T.S ! If you think these folks came in as hostile....many think they did not. You are making the judgment that they were hostile. Maybe the "minority" were being hostile by not "accepting" the fact that they were in the "minority"....by nature of a legal election ?? My issue to just that ! The entire council CANNOT be replaced however enticing that is. No one may care for what I say....but the folks waiting in line to "put Lockport back on track"...leave a lot to be desired. The city needs smart, INDEPENDENT people....not just "nice" people. Nice people are easily manipulated by head-strong individuals. Appreciate the conversation !
Whoa. That's deep.

Wait. What's "M.O.T.S.?

Who's picking on you? Is somebody bullying you??

This sounds like a councilman.
Lockport Opinion

Lockport, IL

#36 May 20, 2013
Ewwwww wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, It clarifies that you are a woman OBSESSED.
Is there ANY way we can clarify, to you, the fact that we are all SO VERY sick and tired of your persistent, DAILY one-track obsession. You try to turn each and every single thread topic into the only topic YOU care about. Its getting quite old. Believe it or not, NOT everyone here is bursting blood vessels over Robinson and Turner..WE ALL get it and are well aware of what is going on in regards to the two....this community DOES want to discuss OTHER TOPICS that do no included either of those. This is the LOCKPORT,IL TOPIX.....NOT the Robinson & Turner show. I mean, seriously lady, you ought to give it a rest, you're going to give yourself a stroke.
Please run for office in Lockport - well said. She's absolutely obsessed and eat, breathes and sleeps on this site with posts about Turner and Robinson.

I feel sorry for her family. I find it hard to believe, but is it possible that Turner has a past lover or ex-wife that could have a grudge against him? She's obsessed and needs psychiatric help.
Chumbalone

Downers Grove, IL

#37 May 20, 2013
Kay Oss wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoa. That's deep.
Wait. What's "M.O.T.S.?
Who's picking on you? Is somebody bullying you??
This sounds like a councilman.
Cmon Kay Oss ! You don't know what MOTS means !! Here is a refresher...More Of The Same...MOTS. Nope..no one is "picking on me". If so...I could care less...same with "bullying"....I care even less on that subject. Lastly...I am NOT a current or former anything on a Lockport council. Just pay attention to this NEW and so-called BETTER council when I say M.O.T.S. Promise a lot...deliver a little. We will ALL see. Nothing...and I mean nothing happens without MONEY...and lots of it. You and I were told that ALL these changes will occur "without raising taxes" quoted by a certain new Mayor. Again...we will see. The title of this forum mentions "brown water". The City is ONLY obligated to provide "potable" water....nothing more. You want "soft" water...put in your own water softener. This city DOES NOT need a 4 or 5 million dollar micro-filtration system with a $100,000 a year maintenance requirement just because someone wants pure "Evian" type water out of their spigots to water their lawns and wash cars. THAT...is a complete WASTE of tax dollars ! But....just you wait and see if THAT makes it's way to this "newbie" council. EVERYONE had better pay VERY CLOSE attention to what goes on with this bunch. If you thought that the last bunch was bad....just be certain that THIS bunch does not take us ALL to the cleaners disguised as "progress" ! Remember the WATCHDOG clock is running !
Markham Chum

Lockport, IL

#38 May 20, 2013
Chumbalone wrote:
<quoted text> Cmon Kay Oss ! You don't know what MOTS means !! Here is a refresher...More Of The Same...MOTS. Nope..no one is "picking on me". If so...I could care less...same with "bullying"....I care even less on that subject. Lastly...I am NOT a current or former anything on a Lockport council. Just pay attention to this NEW and so-called BETTER council when I say M.O.T.S. Promise a lot...deliver a little. We will ALL see. Nothing...and I mean nothing happens without MONEY...and lots of it. You and I were told that ALL these changes will occur "without raising taxes" quoted by a certain new Mayor. Again...we will see. The title of this forum mentions "brown water". The City is ONLY obligated to provide "potable" water....nothing more. You want "soft" water...put in your own water softener. This city DOES NOT need a 4 or 5 million dollar micro-filtration system with a $100,000 a year maintenance requirement just because someone wants pure "Evian" type water out of their spigots to water their lawns and wash cars. THAT...is a complete WASTE of tax dollars ! But....just you wait and see if THAT makes it's way to this "newbie" council. EVERYONE had better pay VERY CLOSE attention to what goes on with this bunch. If you thought that the last bunch was bad....just be certain that THIS bunch does not take us ALL to the cleaners disguised as "progress" ! Remember the WATCHDOG clock is running !
More poo poo from the serial poster who pretends to be inactive but rather is the defeated councilman, and never will be on there after this two years. Get ready folks for the twisting scenerio of him taunting other names and vulgarity. He is never going to stop but it will not help him....76 to 24....by the way, where was your clock on the LAST council....heheheheheHAHAHAHAH AH. COME ON...PSYCHO WARD PATIENT....ARE YOU ALL THERE? FIREPLUG HAS NO BRAINS!! THERE IS NO DENYING...THE LAST BUNCH STUNK UP ALL OF LOCKPORT!!!! EVERYONE IS ENTITLED TO AN OPINION, LITTLE FELLA!!!!
Markham Chum

Lockport, IL

#39 May 20, 2013
Chumbalone wrote:
<quoted text> Cmon Kay Oss ! You don't know what MOTS means !! Here is a refresher...More Of The Same...MOTS. Nope..no one is "picking on me". If so...I could care less...same with "bullying"....I care even less on that subject. Lastly...I am NOT a current or former anything on a Lockport council. Just pay attention to this NEW and so-called BETTER council when I say M.O.T.S. Promise a lot...deliver a little. We will ALL see. Nothing...and I mean nothing happens without MONEY...and lots of it. You and I were told that ALL these changes will occur "without raising taxes" quoted by a certain new Mayor. Again...we will see. The title of this forum mentions "brown water". The City is ONLY obligated to provide "potable" water....nothing more. You want "soft" water...put in your own water softener. This city DOES NOT need a 4 or 5 million dollar micro-filtration system with a $100,000 a year maintenance requirement just because someone wants pure "Evian" type water out of their spigots to water their lawns and wash cars. THAT...is a complete WASTE of tax dollars ! But....just you wait and see if THAT makes it's way to this "newbie" council. EVERYONE had better pay VERY CLOSE attention to what goes on with this bunch. If you thought that the last bunch was bad....just be certain that THIS bunch does not take us ALL to the cleaners disguised as "progress" ! Remember the WATCHDOG clock is running !
PS. YOU SPENT ALL THE MONEY ON .........studies from your pet.
Their opinion only counts

Lockport, IL

#40 May 20, 2013
Well, two posts above you actually have your supporter back, unless it is you. I cannot understand why people care what is written unless they can prove it is not the truth. I wonder where this pychotic person was when all the dirty posts were written? She and it is a she does not seem to care about the filth from the serial poster who sits on the cc and is a regular on here and thinks HE can prohibit the public from writing. I do not think that worked in his favor for election. And besides that SHE thinks he is her idol. Well, he has a downtown idol on State Street that writes on here. He is taken, Speak about the issues not the people giving their opinion. You and fireplug head have a lot in common. Both of you do not like the public to speak. You might be one and the same person. Just think of seventy six percent vs. twenty four percent anytime you write for the person who has run numerous times and lost most of them. Are you a loser too?
Chumbalone

Downers Grove, IL

#41 May 20, 2013
Markham Chum wrote:
<quoted text> PS. YOU SPENT ALL THE MONEY ON .........studies from your pet.
First WACKO response...could have guessed.

Answer 1 - Collarelli wanted the studys to study the studys...look it up.
Answer 2 - shut up already....the election is over...the next bunch is in the batters box....and ....on the clock !!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lockport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
John O. Brennan 1 hr Sigh 77
Great Job Mr President 3 hr Jus Sayin 30
CBS2 takes down Tessone Motors (Nov '17) 3 hr Tony 13
lemont /romeoville train horn 3 hr Tony 3
~New Lenox Double Word Fun~ 4 hr MPMMB 154
trump, the sucker 4 hr Disc 49
Last Post Wins (Sep '12) 11 hr Princess Hey 1,078

Lockport Jobs

Personal Finance

Lockport Mortgages