WTF is UP with this brown water??

Posted in the Lockport Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Ewwwww

Homer Glen, IL

#1 Feb 9, 2013
Why Is there 10-15 white utility trucks with spotlights on, a bunch of workmen walking around with flashlights shining side to side on the ground (all around Hamilton, Washington, Division, 16th, 17th, 18th and on State) tongiht? And why is our tap water brown and NOISY??
Ewwwww

Lemont, IL

#2 Feb 9, 2013
Gee, let's think for a second. It's called a water main break and the work crews are fixing it late at night.
Mrs Robinson

Homer Glen, IL

#3 Feb 9, 2013
I am sure Ald Turner will get my boys to work on it right away!
DUH

Mokena, IL

#4 Feb 9, 2013
Ewwwww wrote:
Why Is there 10-15 white utility trucks with spotlights on, a bunch of workmen walking around with flashlights shining side to side on the ground (all around Hamilton, Washington, Division, 16th, 17th, 18th and on State) tonight? And why is our tap water brown and NOISY??
Don't worry. Turner closed wells 5&8 I'm sure that will cure the problem.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#6 Feb 10, 2013
Ewwwww wrote:
Gee, let's think for a second. It's called a water main break and the work crews are fixing it late at night.
There cnt be water main break, there cant be any problem with our infrastrucutre.

Think back, our water rates went up to fix these problems until along come the HEAD COWARD, ABSTAINING QUEEN, and lapdogs telling us that it was a 29 million mistake, no work was needed.

So if you think it was a water main break, brown water etc contact Robinson for their OPINION on what the problem is. I am confident us taxpayers has more money laying around doing nothing for another study by Robinson to see what the problem is.
Lockport

Lockport, IL

#7 Feb 10, 2013
Did you hear what Tom Kelly said about Robinson's plan for the water. When the new alderman pressed Robinson about coming to the podium at the next council meeting Turner, Van Dyke and Kelly tried to shut him up. All the new councilman wanted to know was what is Robinson's plan.

What was Tom's response? He said, "maybe you want to know but we don't want to know".

That sums up the last two years.

I can't wait for election day.
random

Lockport, IL

#8 Feb 10, 2013
Ewwwww - you should have just called the Water Dept, now the buttmunchers are posting their same old crap....

Location hidden

#9 Feb 10, 2013
random wrote:
Ewwwww - you should have just called the Water Dept, now the buttmunchers are posting their same old crap....
the posters water issue has to be a isolated case, and should probably check their plumbing first.

In regards to your comment, yes could call the water dept yes. but remember there is no problem with the cities infrastructure for sewer and water. That is why they having been trying to lower the water bill. Now had this poster problem occured after April 9th, then lookout, Robinson has a plan to fix this type of problems, it will no longer be a 29million dollar mistake, but suddenly a 30 million+ emergency that has to be addressed right away and possibly even have to raise more money to pay for this emergency. Timing is everything in this city.
random

Lockport, IL

#10 Feb 11, 2013
if your tap water is brown, call the Water Dept. to find out why, don't post it on a website - what on earth will that accomplish?
Edwin

Lockport, IL

#11 Feb 11, 2013
Abc wrote:
Our water infrastructure is too old and completely unsustainable. Our rates have been raises to fix these issues - lets get to work!
Lived here a long time and the water is always brown and tastes awful. They keep sayin that you can save on the water rate, why not fix the water in this town? It is not savin we should be thinking about, it is doin! I live in the southend, I know. I have lived here since 1952.
Ewwwww

Homer Glen, IL

#12 Feb 12, 2013
random wrote:
if your tap water is brown, call the Water Dept. to find out why, don't post it on a website - what on earth will that accomplish?
It's not ALWAYS brown, it was a one-time incident, and just occurred when there were numerous work trucks around. Of course I tried to call the water dept., but it WAS after hours so it just rang and rang. Being that there have been so many posts regarding our water issues here on Topix, I thought that MAYBE somebody here would happen to know what was going on that night. My bad.
Ewwwww

Homer Glen, IL

#13 Feb 12, 2013
thoughts or ideas wrote:
<quoted text>
the posters water issue has to be a isolated case, and should probably check their plumbing first.
In regards to your comment, yes could call the water dept yes. but remember there is no problem with the cities infrastructure for sewer and water. That is why they having been trying to lower the water bill. Now had this poster problem occurred after April 9th, then lookout, Robinson has a plan to fix this type of problems, it will no longer be a 29million dollar mistake, but suddenly a 30 million+ emergency that has to be addressed right away and possibly even have to raise more money to pay for this emergency. Timing is everything in this city.
WOW! ALL those work trucks were all over the neighborhood that night with their spotlights and hoses, and numerous workers walking around doing sweeping ground checks with their flashlights just because of little 'ol me and my supposed isolated plumbing problem? I did not realize I was that important!!

Apparently you do not know how to read, or at the very least, comprehend what you read. Must be due to your constant, annoying, need to give Robinson Engineering and Kelly Turner as much name recognition and advertising as possible.

Location hidden

#14 Feb 12, 2013
Ewwwww wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW! ALL those work trucks were all over the neighborhood that night with their spotlights and hoses, and numerous workers walking around doing sweeping ground checks with their flashlights just because of little 'ol me and my supposed isolated plumbing problem? I did not realize I was that important!!
Apparently you do not know how to read, or at the very least, comprehend what you read. Must be due to your constant, annoying, need to give Robinson Engineering and Kelly Turner as much name recognition and advertising as possible.
No actually you must not understand sarcasm. By stating it was a isolated incident and to check your plumbing, was referring to the alledged facts stated by the HEAD COWARD, ABSTAINING QUEEN, FORKED TONGUE, and SLEEPY, that according to Robinson it was a 29 million mistake on raising the water rates, for there was no problem with the cities infrastructure. That would include sewer,water,roads. Even though the voters just approved a tax increase for a yearly program to fix roads, and a 10 yr was put in place to start correcting sewer/water issues.

So hopefully you understand the humor when suddenly as the election is getting closer, so is Robinson after 2 yrs, nearly 1 million in more studies going to release there 30 million infrastrucutre for the sewer and water improvements that will be needed after April 9th. All this when it was a 29million dollar mistake as long as Robinson was doing the engineering.

Does that clarify for you again.

Location hidden

#15 Feb 12, 2013
OOOppppsss sorry missed the words was not in the last sentence for all the grammar checkers and speller checkers out there.
Ewwwww

Homer Glen, IL

#16 Feb 13, 2013
thoughts or ideas wrote:
<quoted text>
No actually you must not understand sarcasm. By stating it was a isolated incident and to check your plumbing, was referring to the alledged facts stated by the HEAD COWARD, ABSTAINING QUEEN, FORKED TONGUE, and SLEEPY, that according to Robinson it was a 29 million mistake on raising the water rates, for there was no problem with the cities infrastructure. That would include sewer,water,roads. Even though the voters just approved a tax increase for a yearly program to fix roads, and a 10 yr was put in place to start correcting sewer/water issues.
So hopefully you understand the humor when suddenly as the election is getting closer, so is Robinson after 2 yrs, nearly 1 million in more studies going to release there 30 million infrastrucutre for the sewer and water improvements that will be needed after April 9th. All this when it was a 29million dollar mistake as long as Robinson was doing the engineering.
Does that clarify for you again.
Yes, It clarifies that you are a woman OBSESSED.

Is there ANY way we can clarify, to you, the fact that we are all SO VERY sick and tired of your persistent, DAILY one-track obsession. You try to turn each and every single thread topic into the only topic YOU care about. Its getting quite old. Believe it or not, NOT everyone here is bursting blood vessels over Robinson and Turner..WE ALL get it and are well aware of what is going on in regards to the two....this community DOES want to discuss OTHER TOPICS that do no included either of those. This is the LOCKPORT,IL TOPIX.....NOT the Robinson & Turner show. I mean, seriously lady, you ought to give it a rest, you're going to give yourself a stroke.

Location hidden

#17 Feb 13, 2013
Ewwwww wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, It clarifies that you are a woman OBSESSED.
Is there ANY way we can clarify, to you, the fact that we are all SO VERY sick and tired of your persistent, DAILY one-track obsession. You try to turn each and every single thread topic into the only topic YOU care about. Its getting quite old. Believe it or not, NOT everyone here is bursting blood vessels over Robinson and Turner..WE ALL get it and are well aware of what is going on in regards to the two....this community DOES want to discuss OTHER TOPICS that do no included either of those. This is the LOCKPORT,IL TOPIX.....NOT the Robinson & Turner show. I mean, seriously lady, you ought to give it a rest, you're going to give yourself a stroke.
Thanks for the reply, and hopefully you will show the same regards whenever anyone constantly calls out peoples mothers, or always states it is Pete,Ron,Joe, etc., when facts are presented that doesn't shine the almighty light on the HEAD COWARD, ABSTAINING QUEEN, FORGUED TONGUE,and of course SLEEPY. For you are right there are other issues in Lockport. To resolve these issues is going to take forward thinking no matter who is in charge.

What is done is done, lets move forward. Unfortunately, I have yet to see your name with this type of comments, when a topic is started that always turns into belittling taxpayers who post their views and want to have a open discussion without the pottymouth.

Prove me wrong, sign up to topix so you use the same name always and will be glad to have a open debate with you on any issue you choose other than the above mentioned yahoo's.
Chumbalone

Downers Grove, IL

#18 Feb 14, 2013
thoughts or ideas wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the reply, and hopefully you will show the same regards whenever anyone constantly calls out peoples mothers, or always states it is Pete,Ron,Joe, etc., when facts are presented that doesn't shine the almighty light on the HEAD COWARD, ABSTAINING QUEEN, FORGUED TONGUE,and of course SLEEPY. For you are right there are other issues in Lockport. To resolve these issues is going to take forward thinking no matter who is in charge.
What is done is done, lets move forward. Unfortunately, I have yet to see your name with this type of comments, when a topic is started that always turns into belittling taxpayers who post their views and want to have a open discussion without the pottymouth.
Prove me wrong, sign up to topix so you use the same name always and will be glad to have a open debate with you on any issue you choose other than the above mentioned yahoo's.
OKAY..."T & I"...let's start with this forum topic...which is...."ding ding ding for 300".....BROWN WATER ! But...what happens...there are the few CONSTANT WHINERS who ALWAYS bring up the SOS...Turner,Kelly...Van Dyke...Marynowski...but NEVER...the other councilmen in their constant whining. IF...and I say IF....you want a TRUE discussion.....ALL THESE PEOPLE ON THE COUNCIL...must be held accountable for what goes on in this city. NONE and I mean NONE should get a pass. SOOOOOOO...if and when YOU and the the few constant whiners get off your non-stop rants and silly names....and HIDDEN LOCATIONS....maybe things will change. Until then....practice what you preach ! By the way...this person with the brown water....spend some money and GET A WATER SOFTENER...I have one and my water is just fine !!! Yours Truly...CHUMBALONE !

Location hidden

#19 Feb 14, 2013
Chumbalone wrote:
<quoted text> OKAY..."T & I"...let's start with this forum topic...which is...."ding ding ding for 300".....BROWN WATER ! But...what happens...there are the few CONSTANT WHINERS who ALWAYS bring up the SOS...Turner,Kelly...Van Dyke...Marynowski...but NEVER...the other councilmen in their constant whining. IF...and I say IF....you want a TRUE discussion.....ALL THESE PEOPLE ON THE COUNCIL...must be held accountable for what goes on in this city. NONE and I mean NONE should get a pass. SOOOOOOO...if and when YOU and the the few constant whiners get off your non-stop rants and silly names....and HIDDEN LOCATIONS....maybe things will change. Until then....practice what you preach ! By the way...this person with the brown water....spend some money and GET A WATER SOFTENER...I have one and my water is just fine !!! Yours Truly...CHUMBALONE !
You are so right. The other members not mentioned have been held accountable and took action. They put in place a plan to fix the sewer and water issues with a financial plan to back it up. So before you put any blame on the others, at least they did their part. It was not a great outcome for some that voted that way lost their seat on the council for trying, but I would take a council member who tries to fix something, rather than doing nothing, yet still collecting all that extra money. Of course minus legal and engineering fees to you know who.

So if the homeowner with the brown water and broken pipes has any issue it is with the newly elected council members who voted to stop any repairs until millions of dollars more in studies was done. Bottom line, every water main break, water issue, raw seweage in the street rests solely on you know who. HEAD COWARD< ABSTAINING QUEEN,FORKED TONGUE and SLEEPY. Out of town boy is gone so no sense in blaming him. The rest of the council including the mayor kept trying to want to fix the problems with money collected. Again at least try to do something.
Chumbalone

Downers Grove, IL

#20 Feb 14, 2013
thoughts or ideas wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so right. The other members not mentioned have been held accountable and took action. They put in place a plan to fix the sewer and water issues with a financial plan to back it up. So before you put any blame on the others, at least they did their part. It was not a great outcome for some that voted that way lost their seat on the council for trying, but I would take a council member who tries to fix something, rather than doing nothing, yet still collecting all that extra money. Of course minus legal and engineering fees to you know who.
So if the homeowner with the brown water and broken pipes has any issue it is with the newly elected council members who voted to stop any repairs until millions of dollars more in studies was done. Bottom line, every water main break, water issue, raw seweage in the street rests solely on you know who. HEAD COWARD< ABSTAINING QUEEN,FORKED TONGUE and SLEEPY. Out of town boy is gone so no sense in blaming him. The rest of the council including the mayor kept trying to want to fix the problems with money collected. Again at least try to do something.
The only money that was and is being collected is from the water rate increases and that is to pay for on-going maintenace and repairs....NOT to replace ALL the bad sewers, water mains, hydrants. The sales tax was passed for road work...nothing else. There are no MILLIONS set aside for any repairs to fix ALL the problems that exist....so don't say this council stopped anything. All they did was piss and moan at each other because some people did not get what they wanted. Well that is just too damn bad. They had the right to cancel one plan for another...that's the way it goes. Do yourself a favor and try....just try...to let the system work. These engineering companys are NOT OUT TO SCREW LOCKPORT ! Why would they risk their years of business expertise just to screw Lockport ??? The problem is NOT with Robinson or CMT....it lies with the bumbling people on the council. That brown water ain't going away anytime soon....no matter who wins or loses an election....so get a softener...it works !!
Lockport

Lockport, IL

#21 Feb 14, 2013
Chumbalone wrote:
<quoted text> The only money that was and is being collected is from the water rate increases and that is to pay for on-going maintenace and repairs....NOT to replace ALL the bad sewers, water mains, hydrants. The sales tax was passed for road work...nothing else. There are no MILLIONS set aside for any repairs to fix ALL the problems that exist....so don't say this council stopped anything. All they did was piss and moan at each other because some people did not get what they wanted. Well that is just too damn bad. They had the right to cancel one plan for another...that's the way it goes. Do yourself a favor and try....just try...to let the system work. These engineering companys are NOT OUT TO SCREW LOCKPORT ! Why would they risk their years of business expertise just to screw Lockport ??? The problem is NOT with Robinson or CMT....it lies with the bumbling people on the council. That brown water ain't going away anytime soon....no matter who wins or loses an election....so get a softener...it works !!
They have the right to cancel one plan for another? Well, what exactly is Robinson's plan?

Robinson's plan was to eliminate the microfiltration plant and um, uh, hmm,... nothing. That's right, nothing.

You want the system to work? OK, what system? Do nothing again for the next four years? That system has worked pretty darn well for the past 50 years hasn't it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lockport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
No Evidence No Crime No Charges 2 hr Oh what a lonely ... 18
The Mosque in Orland 2 hr Sir Sharksalot 23
Sparkys Guy 2 hr Sharky 22
Tadpoles need a rescue 4 hr Tad 4
Investors never invest their own money (Apr '11) 13 hr Robert Thomas 10,826
fairmont school board's failing leadership (May '16) May 21 Fairmont Questioner 137
Council stung by its boner May 20 Trump rocks 8

Lockport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lockport Mortgages