Lockport

Lockport, IL

#1 Apr 13, 2013
this kid said he wants to bring food to lockport? what else did he run on? turner is a idiot, but what is he going to do? is he going to lower the water rates in locport? exactly what is he going to do for the residents? less taxes mean lower mortgage rates! is streit going to lower my mortgage rates? is my house payment going to go down now that streit was elected?
Tool

Lemont, IL

#2 Apr 14, 2013
Bringing develepmont which brings sales tax which pays for infrastructure....not just food toolbox

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#3 Apr 14, 2013
Lockport wrote:
this kid said he wants to bring food to lockport? what else did he run on? turner is a idiot, but what is he going to do? is he going to lower the water rates in locport? exactly what is he going to do for the residents? less taxes mean lower mortgage rates! is streit going to lower my mortgage rates? is my house payment going to go down now that streit was elected?
Ask yourself these questions first. If there is no development and you do not have an influx of additional revenues how are you going to pay for the roads that need to be repaired the water mains that need to be fixed and any other infrastructure in need of repair? You could issue bonds, but the more you issue the more debt you incur. How do pay for those bonds if you do not have the revenue generated by the sales tax? Well, rates go up, water, permit fees, user fees etc are increased. When those increases are not enough to pay for the bonds the next step is an increase in the cities' portion of the property tax. What does an increase in property taxes do? Stymies future growth. Look what happens each time Crook County raises its rates, the border towns experience an increase in revenues. Why do you think Cook County pushed for the taxes to be collected on where you live not where you purchase a vehicle all those years ago? I look at communities like Oak Brook, Orland, Crestwood and see the growth that occurred there, property taxes on the municipalities portion is either low or the residents receive rebates based on the businesses carrying the load of the tax burden from sales taxes.
Topex

Lemont, IL

#4 Apr 14, 2013
Lockport wrote:
Sure, you'll save $15-50 dollars a year on water but pay at least 2x as much on the bonds he wanted to have issued. So Turner would have actuallu cost you money.
Differnt day same Sh

Schaumburg, IL

#5 Apr 14, 2013
The point here is, Lockport needs development and not just food and retail establishments,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lockport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bin Laden's brother lived in Trump Tower, gave ... 8 hr you swallow 13
New Lenox residents express dissent about new d... (Jul '15) 10 hr Tuck Frump 30
Facts matter 14 hr M14-Rifle 3
News Morning Spin: Trump's suburban Chicago fundrais... 14 hr Flying carpet 2
Investors never invest their own money (Apr '11) Sun Halloween 10,690
Burger King: Lockport review (Jul '15) Sun Lockport 33
Lockport vs New Lenox Sep 22 Hardliner 11

Lockport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lockport Mortgages