Tragedy of 10-year-old mom

Tragedy of 10-year-old mom

There are 18 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 31, 2008, titled Tragedy of 10-year-old mom. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

“Unfortunately, sexual abuse is pretty common in the cases we see”

The baby's birth at University Hospital on Nov. 4 was routine. What wasn't routine was the fact the infant's mother was just 10, impregnated by her mother's boyfriend. via The Cincinnati Enquirer

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Mark Brown

West Chester, OH

#1 Jan 31, 2008
That man is sick it just shows in the hood, those teenage girls with babies will leave anybody with their babies, just for some help....
MK Hinton

Piqua, OH

#2 Feb 1, 2008
I wonder how many adults in that poor girl's life failed her, how many knew or suspected she was being abused but didn't help. I wonder if the system would have intervened appropriately to assist her if they had been involved before the incident escalated as it did. I know this girl will carry the weight of this her entire life, she wants the baby, but is unable to properly care for it. There is no solution that will give the girl peace.
Rockwell

Urbana, OH

#3 Feb 1, 2008
It's not the system's fault, you dolt.

It's the fault of that dirty mother and that nasty man, PERIOD.

read more here:
http://darkcincinnati.blogspot.com/

Since: Jan 08

Amelia, OH

#4 Feb 5, 2008
This is very sad. I hope they get the child some counseling and parenting classes.
Gidget

Santa Clara, CA

#5 Feb 7, 2008
The mother knew what was going on and she knew who her baby was pregnant by. The poor girl will still have unconditional love for that wicked witch. I can't call her a mother
kemoe

United States

#6 Feb 8, 2008
There is no words for this immoral act committed by this sick, twisted, slimy man! This article brought tears to my eyes. My heart goes out to this young girl. I pray she gets the best counseling available.... and her mom, what an idiot!
kemoe

United States

#7 Feb 8, 2008
There are no words for this immoral act committed by this sick, twisted, slimy man! This article brought tears to my eyes. My heart goes out to this young girl. I pray she gets the best counseling available.... and her mom, what an idiot!
Julie in Austin Tx

Iowa City, IA

#8 Feb 13, 2008
What is also sad, the guy will end up getting a couple of years in jail (if that), while the little girl suffers the rest of her life. A dirty, ugly man, so you know her raped her. So the girl has that trama too, repeated rapes. And I'm sure her wasn't the only guy, just the one who got her pregant. I wonder if her mom pimped her out for drugs?
Tiffany in Kansas City

Kansas City, KS

#9 Feb 14, 2008
No little girl should have to go through this. That man should stay in jail for the rest of his life to keep other little girls safe. Her mother should sit behind bars for not paying attention. This should have never happened to her daughter. There is no excuse!
Gloriessa

United States

#10 Feb 19, 2008
This is truly tragic. In all of these comments, emotions rise up; anger, rage, hate, sorrow, pain, compassion, judgment.
What has happened is terrible. But there is still hope. There is hope that the young mother will be properly loved and cared for and will be able to grow into a good young woman and mother someday. There is hope that there will be healing in place of the wounds that are afflicted on this young girl and her little baby. There is joy in knowing that this baby is proof; proof that even though horrid, disgusting, wicked things happen in this world, God can and does still bring good out of it. The good here, is LIFE. A child was born. Doesn't anyone consider it a miracle that a ten year old gave birth and both she and her baby are healthy and alive???!!! This child and her baby will have an amazing story to share. There is a reason, a purpose, that this girl became pregnant and gave birth. I don't know what the reason is exactly, but God does.
And there is still more hope. Hope for reconciliation. Hope for repentance and recovery. What do we know that the mother of this ten year old might have been abused as a child and thought it "normal"? Perhaps the mother's heart will be moved and changed, perhaps reconciliation will happen between the generations.
As for that man, I must be honest a whole lot less compassion goes out for him. Part of me wishes he would be "locked up forever". But, even then, I know that somewhere, at sometime, he was a child too. He has his own hurts too. He needs to repent and be forgiven just like everyone else. He is still created by God and loved by God. There is hope that maybe someday, he too, will repent and change his ways.
May God's blessing be upon His children.
Kennie

Richmond, KY

#11 Mar 6, 2008
Mark Brown wrote:
That man is sick it just shows in the hood, those teenage girls with babies will leave anybody with their babies, just for some help....
I really don't think this has anything to do with the hood. I mean, think about it. Things like this happen in more affluent neighborhoods all around the globe, but when it happens in those families, the girl is "sent to stay with relatives" or "taking a vacation"... but only until the baby comes. Then it's back to the house with the white picket fence where it shall never be spoken of again. This is true.

But I do agree with you on the first part. The man is absolutely a disgusting degenerate and deserves everything he has coming to him and more.
Dianne- Philippines

Antipolo, Philippines

#12 Apr 10, 2008
all faults fall to her mom!!!
Tandemfelix

United States

#13 Apr 16, 2008
He is yet another victim of the "system" and white oppression. That man is suffering from low self esteem due to hundreds of years of slavery and white bigotry. Because he himself felt helpless, he needed to control someone, so he chose this helpless girl, He felt helpless that the white man has deprived him of a fair wage, after working so hard everyday. He raped her as a symbolic gesture of the everyday rape of black America. Her preganancy represents the miscarriage of justice happening every day in our prisons. He was expressificating his anger at those who would push a brother down. This is the chickens coming home to roost. This is the realitizationism of slavery......NOT!
christpie

Brookhaven, PA

#14 May 3, 2008
Black girls are grandparents at 21 anyway.

“Reddecapp”

Since: Mar 07

Cincinnati,Ohio via Cleveland,

#15 May 3, 2008
christpie wrote:
You know whats sad. There is a 10yr old girl that has been raped, abused, molested, motherless, I suppose fatherless, and has given birth. For some ignorant reason, you want to bring race into this. How stupid you are.
Just to add, if Black girls are grandparents at 21, then that only means white girls are grandparents at 20. So stop with your ignorance.

“Reddecapp”

#16 May 3, 2008
My comment is geared more towards the mother. I have said many times before. I question women who leave their children with boyfriends. Its something that just shouldn't be. To my understanding, the mother was aware of what was going on, yet let it continue.
Although the mother did not commit the actual crime,I find her just as guilty.
I have seen this man at our local grocery store, on many occasions. He's a scary looking guy. Now I know why I found him to be weird looking. He is weird.
Whats even more scary is if this child is allowed to keep this baby, will they go back into the home with the woman that allowed this to go on?(her mother) This is a very sad situation. Babies raising babies, that are raising babies.

“Reddecapp”

#17 May 3, 2008
Tandemfelix wrote:
He is yet another victim of the "system" and white oppression. That man is suffering from low self esteem due to hundreds of years of slavery and white bigotry. Because he himself felt helpless, he needed to control someone, so he chose this helpless girl, He felt helpless that the white man has deprived him of a fair wage, after working so hard everyday. He raped her as a symbolic gesture of the everyday rape of black America. Her preganancy represents the miscarriage of justice happening every day in our prisons. He was expressificating his anger at those who would push a brother down. This is the chickens coming home to roost. This is the realitizationism of slavery......NOT!
another ignorant white man.
Monikinik

Wilmington, OH

#18 May 13, 2008
christpie wrote:
To say that black girls are grandparents at 21 shows your ignorance. It's sad that you don't see the obvious tragedy and injustice that this child has suffered. Are you saying she wanted to be raped? How insensitive!! If it had been a white girl, would you feel the same way, or would you see it as tragic? I think you need to reevaluate your comment. ANY child who suffers what this young girl has gone through deserves our compassion and empathy. Race is NOT a factor in this situation. We could discuss the many sick and deranged white men who slaughter young people and eat their remains. Oh, let's not forget the white man who held his own daughter captive for 24 years in a dungeon! He raped her and impregnated her several times. What do you have to say about that? Get your life right. People, black, white, or whatever, do horrible things, NOT races!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lockland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Funeral for US college student who died after N... Jul '17 U cant fix stupid 2
Kelli Prather for city council Jul '17 wedeservebetter 1
Wyoming Music Thread (May '13) Jun '17 Musikologist 13
News American student who died after release from No... Jun '17 Carl Bailey 1
News Otto Warmbier dead shortly after release from N... Jun '17 filko 3
Cincy Speed shut down Apr '17 ADAM sm 1
News Ohio parents beg Trump for help in securing son... (Apr '17) Apr '17 Do The Crime Do T... 2

Lockland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lockland Mortgages