Elmwood adding third speed camera

Elmwood adding third speed camera

There are 5 comments on the Cincinnati.com story from Oct 17, 2012, titled Elmwood adding third speed camera. In it, Cincinnati.com reports that:

Elmwood Place Police Chief William Peskin says another camera will soon be set up to catch people speeding in his small Hamilton County village.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Cincinnati.com.

B Haggard

Warren, NJ

#1 Oct 17, 2012
I just received one of your tickets for minor speed infraction. I will be happy to pay it, however on the day you determined I might be speeding, I spent over $5,000 with the merchants in your fair city and was a regular customer. I will not be back. When your merchants complain of falling revenue, you can at least tell them the city's income is up from the tickets. That should make them feel better.
Wholies

Cincinnati, OH

#2 Oct 18, 2012
Read this quote: "The private company that operates the system gets 40 percent of revenue. The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that the village could reap more than $415,000 in the first month."
Look at the City's Budget. Total projected 2013 Revenues are only $906,000.
They say they are not doing this to generate revenue. Do you believe them?
questor

Dayton, OH

#3 Oct 18, 2012
I say "VOTE THE ELMWOOD PLACE MAYOR AND COUNCIL OUT OF OFFICE". The Mayor can kiss his elected position goodbye as local voters get more angry about this form of police abuse that the Mayor and Council implemented!

The Mayor's lame comment that "small communities in Ohio have been doing this for years" is a misleading rationalization for unethical traffic fines and should lead to his ouster from office.

There are no warning signs or advance notice at ANY intersection in Elmwood Place that laser speed measurement and pictures are being taken. This "advance notice" is a requirement in other communities that use this deceptive form generating revenue.
Hoover

Cincinnati, OH

#4 Oct 19, 2012
I just received a fine for 9 miles over the speed limit on Township street
I was passing through after being recommended by the Nursing Home staff where I take care of poor, older patients at Woods Edge Point Nursing home to go that way to get to a coffee shop. This was the first time, and the last time,
I will ever go to or through Elmwood Place. How pitiful you are so despirate to make your budget!!! I am a good law abiding citizen!!! At least put some
signs out on your roads to let people know!!! Angry
Lee

Winchester, KY

#5 Oct 20, 2012
The People of Elmwood should vote against every Levy on the ballot this year 2012 and from now on untill these cameras are removed ! Also Vote the Female Mayor out and vote all the council members out that voted to install them ! At there next run for election

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lockland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Crooked cops (Jul '14) Thu Sick and tired 6
civil action initiated against village of lockland (Sep '09) Jun 29 Carolj1962 29
Iron Horsemen or Outlaws (Jan '14) Jun '16 Horsemanfamily 24
Missing cat Jun '16 Delphine02 2
News Empower U. April 12th - MSD Apr '16 Marcus 1
Elmwood Place or AKA Land of the Crackhead Dead (Jul '06) Apr '16 Cincyskater 804
News What We Know About the American Held in North K... Mar '16 King Cod 3

Lockland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lockland Mortgages