State to reopen 5,200 acres of shellf...

State to reopen 5,200 acres of shellfish area in Huntington

There are 7 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 13, 2008, titled State to reopen 5,200 acres of shellfish area in Huntington. In it, Newsday reports that:

About 5,200 acres of shellfish harvest areas in western Huntington Bay and Huntington Harbor that were closed after the detection of a potentially deadly marine biotoxin will reopen on Saturday, state ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First

Croton On Hudson, NY

#1 Jun 13, 2008
Beat all y'all
Charles Darwin

Albany, NY

#2 Jun 13, 2008
Kudos to NYSDEC for their continued monitoring of the health of Long Island's shellfish beds. It's tax money very well spent.
moby dick

New York, NY

#3 Jun 13, 2008
about time, now I can harvest some clams and get food poisioning, need to get my mother in law over for a shellfish stew
therealricky

United States

#4 Jun 13, 2008
Very good, seeing that this story is basically the only story deemed safe enough for us to comment on. I guess saying CLAM hasn't offended anyone yet.
First wrote:
Beat all y'all
lamiestduck

United States

#5 Jun 13, 2008
Show me your Clam
Moe Litvak

Huntington, NY

#6 Jun 13, 2008
lamiestduck wrote:
Show me your Clam
OK, now I'm offended.
MCR

Jamaica, NY

#7 Jun 13, 2008
Newsday stinks - Big Brother editing of posts and deciding which stories to allow comments!

How can I denigrate ya'll if there is no board to post on?

Regarding the shellfish, just disallow any Long Island resident from swimming in the Sound - they are all nasty critters and pollute the water with their fatness!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lloyd Harbor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Heartland hearing shows local support Jun 25 Knott Guilty 7
News Huntington Station Latin Kings Rounded Up (Apr '10) Jun 20 Loyaltyoverroyalt... 57
Steves Pier One (Jun '07) Jun 18 Karl 114
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Hicksville (Feb '14) May '17 Sydney 66
News Starbucks, GoHealth sign leases at Greybarn Ami... (Jul '16) May '17 Concerned 2
News Charges Filed In LI Chimney Sweep Scam (Feb '06) May '17 Lisa 337
New York City Correction Officers Vs. Police Of... (Sep '07) May '17 RETIRED NYS SCO 119

Lloyd Harbor Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lloyd Harbor Mortgages